As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Burning the midnight [WotLK release].

• Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dac wrote: »
    It could actually be that. I'm confused as to how they'd have a PvP tourny if we're all on different servers or whatever.

Maybe they have a dedicated lan server running or some shit. I have no idea. Maybe it's the TCG.

Also, please go, and bring a camera in case one of these breaks out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB8VMNymEPA

My little brother does that shit.

We don't talk any more.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    is anyone going to the Wrath midnight signing event with Blizzard staff in New York City? I have a black pre-op male-to-female transsexual friend going to that and I would like to punk her but I live in Seattle at the moment

if any of you are available to punk her I would enjoy this

Wouldn't "I have a friend going" have sufficed?

Still waiting for my "Your item has shipped" from Amazon, but it's now in the shipping stage so that's good.

riz on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Lewisham wrote: »
    It could actually be that. I'm confused as to how they'd have a PvP tourny if we're all on different servers or whatever.

Maybe they have a dedicated lan server running or some shit. I have no idea. Maybe it's the TCG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB8VMNymEPA

We don't talk any more.

Every time I see that this is real and not just some over the top gag in Role Models, I die a little inside.

But whatever. I'll try, man. I'll be like Steve Irwin, crouching behind a stack of used PS2 games.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »
    is anyone going to the Wrath midnight signing event with Blizzard staff in New York City? I have a black pre-op male-to-female transsexual friend going to that and I would like to punk her but I live in Seattle at the moment

if any of you are available to punk her I would enjoy this

Wouldn't "I have a friend going" have sufficed?
    the truth would have had to come out at some point, riz

besides I'm also a pre-op male-to-female transsexual so I'm allowed to say these things

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I know my GameStop is doing some sort of 'party' from 10pm-12am or some shit here.

Moderately annoying. I just want to go there, wait in line, and get my pre-order. I don't want to get sucked into the PvP tournament they're having in the parking lot, or whatever the fuck it is they're doing.

Gamestop left me a message last night. When they first announced who was calling I was worried that my pre-order had been cancelled.

Then they told me something much much worse (costume contest? D:)

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Nobody wrote: »
    I know my GameStop is doing some sort of 'party' from 10pm-12am or some shit here.

Moderately annoying. I just want to go there, wait in line, and get my pre-order. I don't want to get sucked into the PvP tournament they're having in the parking lot, or whatever the fuck it is they're doing.

Gamestop left me a message last night. When they first announced who was calling I was worried that my pre-order had been cancelled.

I had some bloody awful chirpy automated message from "Amber" yesterday telling me Mirror's Edge was in. It was the sort of voice that makes you want to kill.

In the UK, we had the common decency to find old people who talk in soothing tones for automated messages, regardless of the demographic. Not here. It's like they found the worst Valleygirl ever, then injected her with idiocy serum, then make her record messages.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Then order your crap from the UK :P

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Bigity wrote: »
    Then order your crap from the UK :P

I'm just going to block the Texas phone number that informs me of something I already know! If I went to the trouble of pre-ordering it, I want it badly enough to know when Day 1 is :P

Lewisham on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yea but you might not have know about the costume contest.

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Bigity wrote: »
    Yea but you might not have know about the costume contest.

Touché.

I'd look so 8-)

Lewisham on
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm somewhat concerned about my Amazon order not having shipped yet. I just hope it'll get the super fast next day shipping so I don't have to wait until 7PM like I normally do with packages. I'm also a bit annoyed that my dvd drive on my desktop is acting a bit wonky so I'll probably have to copy all the files onto my laptop and then transfer them over. Is there any way I could download all that stuff beforehand and just put my cd-key in and go?

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You can obtain the game files right now through the means that alot of people choose to do when they don't enjoy buying things, so everything will be all ready for you when your CD key arrives.

815165 on
  • Options
    Atom Age AlexAtom Age Alex Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Have my copy pre-ordered through the closest Best Buy doing a midnight release. Hopefully it will be a relatively quick and low hassle process. Who knows, though.

Atom Age Alex on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm going to get up early tomorrow morning.
    Leave early for work.
    Go to 7-11 and grab WotlK and a coffee.
    Salivate at my desk all day until I can get home to install it.
    Sit in the server queue.
    Curse blizzard after multiple server crashes.
    Repeat the queue and crashes part on friday.
    Then give my wife my credit cards to take the kids out for the weekend and play WoW until my eyes bleed.

I am taking all of Thanksgiving week off, but that's 2 weeks away for crying out loud.

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Poketpixie on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Snipped so I dont get infracted

We don't talk any more.

Every time I see that this is real and not just some over the top gag in Role Models, I die a little inside.

But whatever. I'll try, man. I'll be like Steve Irwin, crouching behind a stack of used PS2 games.

I can't even sit through watching it.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    Bullfrogof7272Bullfrogof7272 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »

We don't talk any more.

some sick part of me thinks that might be fun, the other 99% of me screams in horror.

Bullfrogof7272 on
    the hammer, is my penis.
  • Options
    MalyonsusMalyonsus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Can someone explain to me how the CE pet works? Is it tied to the upgrade key, or is it another slip of paper in the box or whatever that you enter at a vendor, a la the TCG pets and the blizzcon pets?

Malyonsus on
  • Options
    Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

We don't talk any more.

I didn't (won't) go to the link, explain joke please.

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    There is no link, just playing it safe.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Malyonsus wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how the CE pet works? Is it tied to the upgrade key, or is it another slip of paper in the box or whatever that you enter at a vendor, a la the TCG pets and the blizzcon pets?
    It's tied to the CD key. Once you finish upgrading and log in, you'll have a new pet waiting for you in the mailbox.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fodder wrote: »
    I'm somewhat concerned about my Amazon order not having shipped yet. I just hope it'll get the super fast next day shipping so I don't have to wait until 7PM like I normally do with packages. I'm also a bit annoyed that my dvd drive on my desktop is acting a bit wonky so I'll probably have to copy all the files onto my laptop and then transfer them over. Is there any way I could download all that stuff beforehand and just put my cd-key in and go?

My Amazon order, which was upgraded to "have it by release day" shipping has been "being processed" all day today. If they can get it to the USPS distro center they usually do by, like, 3 am I'll get it tomorrow but I'm starting to get concerned about their ability to do that. But hey, if it's being processed I'm not too worried.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    last year my wife and her friend (both of whom play and are hot) went to our midnight release thingy at our nearby gamestop. They were the only women in the place. One guy tried to hit on my wife using wow slang. I can't exactly remember what he said something along the lines of (and i wish i were kidding) You look "epic in those jeans" or something equally retarded. Usually i step in and try to shoo the guy off or make it clear that she and i are together when a guy does smoething dumb at a bar or club or something, but before i could even step towads her she belted out the coldest most derisive nerd-soul crushing laugh i have ever heard in my life. She then gave him an "aw" look when she realized he was seriously trying to pick up a girl with that. I now know what a man's self esteem sounds like when it truly dies.

Bullfrogof7272 on
    the hammer, is my penis.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    ouch

Bigity on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    last year my wife and her friend (both of whom play and are hot) went to our midnight release thingy at our nearby gamestop. They were the only women in the place. One guy tried to hit on my wife using wow slang. I can't exactly remember what he said something along the lines of (and i wish i were kidding) You look "epic in those jeans" or something equally retarded. Usually i step in and try to shoo the guy off or make it clear that she and i are together when a guy does smoething dumb at a bar or club or something, but before i could even step towads her she belted out the coldest most derisive nerd-soul crushing laugh i have ever heard in my life. She then gave him an "aw" look when she realized he was seriously trying to pick up a girl with that. I now know what a man's self esteem sounds like when it truly dies.
    "Watch this, Lis. You can actually pinpoint the second his heart rips in half."

Halfmex on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Awwww, nothing gets chocolate out. See?

forty on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Will you be able to buy this game online, digitally?

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Will you be able to buy this game online, digitally?

Not at first. But Blizz hasn't said how long that time period will be.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Okay, so the expansion is now out in Europe.

Have fun anyone who's staying up late!

815165 on
  • Options
    dylmandylman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yep, we have DKs and people in Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord.

My copy of the game is on a lorry somewhere.

dylman on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Halfmex wrote: »

indeed.

Bullfrogof7272 on
    the hammer, is my penis.
  • Options
    edited November 2008

indeed.

I wouldn't count on it. The dense bastards who actually use these lines in the first place are the same ones who are so blind and retarded they don't recognize when they are being completely mocked and dismissed.

These are also the same guys who, once turned down, think that somehow being persistant and annoying the shit out of the person will miraculously change their mind. It never ceases to amaze me. "Oh come onnnnnn, just give me your number!! Don't be so coooold!! Please!?"

ugh

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

indeed.

I wouldn't count on it. The dense bastards who actually use these lines in the first place are the same ones who are so blind and retarded they don't recognize when they are being completely mocked and dismissed.

These are also the same guys who, once turned down, think that somehow being persistant and annoying the shit out of the person will miraculously change their mind. It never ceases to amaze me. "Oh come onnnnnn, just give me your number!! Don't be so coooold!! Please!?"

ugh

This just in, wavechaser is a chick.

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    As an update, my Amazon order just shipped via UPS next day air. So, yay!

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Wombat02 wrote: »

indeed.

ugh

No, but it is fun to watch when going out with my girlfriend and her friends. It never gets old.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    dylman wrote: »
    Yep, we have DKs and people in Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord.

I've found it pretty easy waiting for the expansion. Hell, I'd be okay if it got delayed another month or two. That is, I was okay until I read that. And then I twitched and was like "Goddamn I want to play the expansion!"

Nova_C on
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nobody wrote: »

I had some bloody awful chirpy automated message from "Amber" yesterday telling me Mirror's Edge was in. It was the sort of voice that makes you want to kill.

In the UK, we had the common decency to find old people who talk in soothing tones for automated messages, regardless of the demographic. Not here. It's like they found the worst Valleygirl ever, then injected her with idiocy serum, then make her record messages.

Oh God- I thought I was the only one who thought this, lol.

I too thought that new voice was awful- and a little too cheery. I much preferred that "Erin" that did the messages before.

ringswraith on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Wombat02 wrote: »

indeed.

ugh

Lol no i think what happened in this particular case is this unfortunate soul's clutch of friends convinced him this would be a good idea, "dude she obviously plays wow, say it like a joke and she'll totally go for it." when my wife cut him down his face fell so hard... i truly felt bad for him. My wife hates wow "chatter" whenever we have friends over that play it there is always nearly an hour long conversation surrounding some aspect of wow, it's annoying at time and my wife loathes it with passion, so this poor kid stepped on a landmine using that shit. Had he come over all sheepish and cute she would at least have given him the time of day and told him politely that she was married, instead she ripped his soul out and shattered it with her icy laugh.

Bullfrogof7272 on
    the hammer, is my penis.
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That's why I'm not going to a midnight release tonight. I don't like to talk WoW to other people usually. I'll do it with my friends who play when we get together we can't help it.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I don't even like talking to you guys.

815165 on
This discussion has been closed.