As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

get your fresh, hot steaming piles of [CHAT]

• Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Mustang wrote: »
    Either way you guys seriously rock for taking an interest in this shit at what? an average age of 23? and most of you have some really well developed views, I am seriously impressed with the intelligence level on this forum. Your universities must be getting something right, most of our student interest doesn't move much beyond how much beer they're going to drink on the weekend and what their starting wage will be when they graduate <- which of course is highly important, especially the beer part, but it's nice to have other interests

My views are entirely based upon how much beer I am going to drink on the weekend.

Also: Loomdun, I have stopped trying to read your posts. It is simply too much for me to try and decipher without some sort of aide.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    use the color aid!!!!! here I'll re-grammar that last thing i typed. When I get annoyed I 100% forget to even try to express my words properly. Actually... It's really really easy to annoy me, all you have to do is remind me of anything that has a resemblance to a normal life. Wait... Why am I even typing this forbe isn't even reading what i'm saying... Now he'll never know my secret confession.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    WTF does 'Epic Fail' mean!!! Every single nerd is saying it now. I go and play a game online, i get killed, and some arsehole says 'Epic Fail'. I didn't think anything could be more annoying than some shit head shouting 'Pwned' into their mic.

winter_combat_knight on
  • Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    To be fair, Loomdun is getting better.

Trust me, I'm a professional.

Uncle Long on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Yeah, well, maybe we would have so many problems if liberals weren't so much more right so much more of the time. As John Stewart says "Reality has a liberal bias." I don't identify with the politics of the democratic party, but on ethical and philosophical issues, they tend to be more rational, less selfish, and generally just right.

The problem with America is how ignorant and uneducated everyone is (on average).

I started a Blog. I was already writing some political stuff...on Facebook...so I thought putting on a Blog would make me feel better.

Man am I original or what? To counteract how stupid Blogs are, I'm going to consider writing for a school publication, or finding somewhere else where I might be able to get published.

explain how the liberal ideology is right moreso than the conservative ideology.

Tam on
  • Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    WTF does 'Epic Fail' mean!!! Every single nerd is saying it now. I go and play a game online, i get killed, and some arsehole says 'Epic Fail'. I didn't think anything could be more annoying than some shit head shouting 'Pwned' into their mic.

The same thing. I mean, it's the latest in 1337 speak? I don't know, I have a DS and that's as far as my gaming goes these days.

Uncle Long on
    edited November 2008
    My art teacher is asking me why I keep avoiding having to turn in my typed essay to the ghetti museum.

Edit: Usually what epic fail means is like... A horrrrible mess up, sooo kind of like if someone is maybe walking in with a thousand dollar wedding cake and then they fall face first.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Tam wrote: »
    Yeah, well, maybe we would have so many problems if liberals weren't so much more right so much more of the time. As John Stewart says "Reality has a liberal bias." I don't identify with the politics of the democratic party, but on ethical and philosophical issues, they tend to be more rational, less selfish, and generally just right.

The problem with America is how ignorant and uneducated everyone is (on average).

I started a Blog. I was already writing some political stuff...on Facebook...so I thought putting on a Blog would make me feel better.

Man am I original or what? To counteract how stupid Blogs are, I'm going to consider writing for a school publication, or finding somewhere else where I might be able to get published.

explain how the liberal ideology is right moreso than the conservative ideology.

The conservative ideology actually makes a lot of sense, but for some reason all we have in the United States are bizarro republicans.

earthwormadam on
    edited November 2008
    Hey would you be able to call it racist for hating gays? It's not technically a race so what do you call it?

Loomdun on
    splat
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    gaycist

earthwormadam on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Loomdun wrote: »
    Hey would you be able to call it racist for hating gays? It's not technically a race so what do you call it?

homophobia, prejudice, bigotry

edit: though "gaycist" is funnier

Tam on
    edited November 2008
    atleast Sexist and racist make sense.

Wait, would it be considered sexist since its technically sexual even though Sexist references towards gender? wtf is a bigotry sounds like a food. Nevermind wikipedia has enlightened me and bigot is now forever in my head. And prejudice is like... the same thing as being racist. So that still does not reallly work but it does in some way since it makes a judgement on the person.

Edit: nevermind so its homophobia.

Oh wow thats depressing now that I read more about it, in 1972 they had to vote being gay was considered as a "mental disorder".

I always feel more sorry for gays then I do about slavery I mean, slavery was horrible but throughout history being gay was probably one of the hugest depressing things brought upon your life mentally rather then physically. And it still is today.

Oh jeeze. I wonder what it would be like to be a Lesbian black women in the 1800's. Asides the fact you would probably have suicided before age 12 from such extreme severe depression and being so screwed up by the world.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I don't know why we put such stock in the way other people live their lives....I mean if your not hurting anyone who gives a shit where you wedge your junk.

Mustang on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

The conservative ideology actually makes a lot of sense, but for some reason all we have in the United States are bizarro republicans.
    I don't associate with any ideologies. I have discovered that there's no one I agree with 100% on (surprise), so to say that I have any ideology would be stupid. But people under the umbrella of the "liberal ideology" tend to also fall under the umbrellas of "rational," "not religiously radical," "not a bigot," "not a fear-mongerer," "more informed," and "likes science." People under the conservative ideologies often decide to be opposite to some extent, but it's obviously not black and white.

But I'm going to listen to Keith Olbermann who tells the truth before Bill O'Reilly who's crazy and says things that aren't true.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
    edited November 2008
    When I was about 9, I began thinking about racism sexism and everything altogether as well. That was about when I first decided that racism is a foolish deceit that isn't built by ones own real judgement but the fact its incorporated into society as a whole. Which was why I decided to ignore everything I was told by others and to attempt to believe in equal rights back then because I decided then if younger people could merely believe that. Then total equality it would become achievable.

Except I was little and stupid, and did not consider the fact that a bunch of children are also looked down on in opinion by such a stupid society.

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited November 2008
    LOOMDUN, POST A LITTLE LESS AND/OR START A BLOG.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
    edited November 2008
    whats a bloggggggggg

oh nevermind wikipedia has once again enlightened my brain, I hate talking. I have nothing interesting to talk about. And then when I figure out something to talk about, since I don't know much of anything, people go "LALALALA I CANT HEAR YOUU" jeeze louise, i've been griping alot lately I usually just don't say anything and stop.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Come on now mangs, what's everybody got against Loomdun. I have to admit that I find his brand of crazy highspeed rambling to be Pretty All Right, and occasionally underneath the psychobabble there are some genuine thoughts.

But maybe the situation just reminds me of my own humble internet beginnings.

Surfpossum on
    edited November 2008
    Surfpossum, i checked out your website. Your comics are a little odd, but i like them :)

winter_combat_knight on
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Thanks? They never reached the level of polish I would've liked them to, but I guess it doesn't really matter now as they are dead.
    And now that I've discovered that the tab I was trying to learn Stairway to Heaven off of was missing a little bit and that was what was throwing me off for the last half an hour, I'm going to bed.

Surfpossum on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Come on now mangs, what's everybody got against Loomdun. I have to admit that I find his brand of crazy highspeed rambling to be Pretty All Right, and occasionally underneath the psychobabble there are some genuine thoughts.

I'm going to have to agree with this. Loomdun's actually made the effort to reform himself to the status quo's liking, and while maybe far from perfect still, I think it's time to give him some credit and ease on up.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

homophobia, prejudice, bigotry

edit: though "gaycist" is funnier

The word Loomdun is looking for is heterosexism.

Virum on
    edited November 2008
    what are you even talking about mars instead of every post lacking in punctuation now it is only like two thirds of his ppost that doesnt have punctuation i mean thats a huge improvement or something amirite ive seen no improv ement just the same thing
    I hate talking.

really you totally fooled me

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited November 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »
    what are you even talking about mars instead of every post lacking in punctuation now it is only like two thirds of his ppost that doesnt have punctuation i mean thats a huge improvement or something amirite ive seen no improv ement just the same thing
    I hate talking.

really you totally fooled me

What I mean by I hate talking, is I hate trying to talk but I want to talk. Ohhh forget it i'm just retarded

Loomdun on
    splat
  • r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    i fell asleep and sombody walked in a turned off my computer witout saving any of the work i'd done in maya...

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

r-jasper on
    edited November 2008
    bloody assholes! When i need to turn off my computer, and my bros been working on it, i always save the files as a new name, usually something like 'turnoffthef*ckingcomputer.'

winter_combat_knight on
    edited November 2008
    I just...don't turn off my computer. I don't like it when people do just to be like "Computers should be off when you aren't using them." I mean, is there a reason besides wasting some energy or something?

srsizzy on
    edited November 2008
    Hardware degredation and wasting energy? Do you pay for your own electric bill? The longer something is on, and the more it is used, the more wear it endures. Why would you leave something on if you aren't going to use it, aside from saving you a minute or two of start-up time?

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hardware degrades faster when you boot it up and turn it off continually then if you just let it run.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Even once a day? I suppose either way it would not be that noticeable.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited November 2008
    I'm sure you would have to be hanging onto your computer for a looooong time to notice it.

winter_combat_knight on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    My computer's always on...but I use it every day. :\ I give it a break every now and then, but usually I just leave it running.

NightDragon on
    edited November 2008
    No, I don't pay my own electric bill, as I'm in a dorm. I guess I'd be more concerned if I did and I was totally broke or something. But I agree with ND. I use it a large percentage of the day, and it's easier to just roll out of bed and start using it than wait for it to turn on. It's negligible to me either way. I try to let it shut down every once in a while.

Granted, being a laptop, I think the more it's plugged in without needing to charge, the worse the battery gets.

srsizzy on
    edited November 2008
    That's right. if you always keep it running from the wall, take the battery out. My laptop battery is screwed.

winter_combat_knight on
  • misosoupmisosoup Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    incase anyone hasn't mentioned this yet... Art, see you in a few weeks, WOTLK!!

gosh, installing it is possibly one of the most exciting things I've ever done, praise the lord for midnight openings and enough beer to make me go to one

misosoup on
    APTBSsig.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Those promotional posters of Daniel Craig in the new Bond movie look weird. Why does he have such an (un-natural) thick head of hair? Do the producers say, "photoshop in some thicker hair. If people know he is balding, they wont go see the movie!" ?

winter_combat_knight on
    edited November 2008
    I wish I had more time to work on the statue drawing, can only work at the college though, meh. Oh well 1 update a day. With this semester coming closer, and closer, to ending. I'm becoming deathly afraid of math/english.

edit: nevermind dumb question

Loomdun on
    splat
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I never used to turn my computer off until I moved out and had to start paying electricity bills, my last one was $300 and that's more than bad enough.

Mustang on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    I also leave my computer on most of the time, Its what my dad always did and hes pretty hot shit with computers so I tend to follow his lead.

In relation to that, I wonder if I doodled some sad faces on my bank statement and sent it back to them, they would give me some money. I can draw pretty cute sad faces. I browse for awesome shit the most when I have no cash dollars, for instance really awesome not all that expensive baller ass desktops.

Iruka on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Mustang wrote: »
    I never used to turn my computer off until I moved out and had to start paying electricity bills, my last one was $300 and that's more than bad enough.

How the hell do you rack up a bill like that??

I live with two of my guy-friends...all three of us have our comps on throughout the day...and I'm pretty sure our hot water/heating is electric......and our last bill was only $100.

NightDragon on
This discussion has been closed.