As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Left 4 Dead : The Tank, The Witch and Survivors in the Wardrobe : Demo Out Now!!

• Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You ain't creepy Flippy. Zoey is pretty awesome.

Would be cool if Valve released some official alternate costumes for each of the characters.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    I like Zoey.

But I am a sucker for female protagonists.

edit: women with rifles are also pretty cool if done right.

edit 2: as in not tacky or sleazy.

edit 3: am I creepy? I don't think I'm creepy.

this fits you SO well flippy:
    2hhdo9u.jpg

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    I like Zoey.

Flippy, you were on Subway in a full game for like a full hour last night. The heck were you doing, standing perfectly still and popping zombie heads while softly giggling to yourself?

I would've hung around longer but then I discovered how NyQuil cures colds (to wit, you can't feel a stuffy nose if you're not conscious).

Rust on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I like Zoey.

I too am a sucker for female protagonists. Zoey reminds me a lot of Claire from Resident Evil. I kinda feel like I'm her brother, keeping her teenangst.wav in check.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Klyka wrote: »
    I like Zoey.

this fits you SO well flippy:
    2hhdo9u.jpg

Boy, that sure didn't take long :|

Ledneh on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Louis is the best by a mile.

OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO!

Asiina on
  • Options
    Rogueknight-Rogueknight- Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Asiina wrote: »

Louis screams the loudest, so when you get pulled off into the distance by a smoker there is more of a chance of your buddies hearing and helping you out.

Rogueknight- on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I like Zoey.

Zoey is a cute girl who's deadly accurate with a rifle and has a burning hatred for the undead.

How could you not like her, Flippy?

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Zzulu wrote: »
    if they were true rage zombies (like in the movies) no one would be able to beat this game

I am constantly covered in blood and the zombies usually get close to me all the time. In the movies, if you get any part of the zombie in your system, you get converted into an infected in like, 10 seconds.

These are somekind of mix between traditional zombie and rage zombie

Not entirely true. It seems that the survivors just happen to be immune to the infection, possibly by some genetic fluke, or by having a tough as nails immune system.

I believe I remember reading way back that this is the case. All the survivors are such because the disease doesn't affect them.

Leitner on
  • Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO! OOOH! OH NO!

Ugh Zzulu was spamming this for an entire game D:

Still, good stuff

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think we're going to have to settle for agreeing on the worst of the bunch

And that is Francis

Whom Bill mourns the death of by saying "I'm gonna miss that man and his gun."

Ledneh on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Ledneh wrote: »

And that is Francis

No way, Francis rocks. He acts the tough guy but then gets all dainty whenever he finds a thing.

"HURRY UP OLD MAN YOU'RE WASTIN' OUR- ooooh, this might come in handy."

Rust on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I like Zoey.

Zoey is a cute girl who's deadly accurate with a rifle and has a burning hatred for the undead.

How could you not like her, Flippy?

If she preferred the shotgun.

subedii on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Rust wrote: »

And that is Francis

No way, Francis rocks. He acts the tough guy but then gets all dainty whenever he finds a thing.

It's funny when he gets attacked whilst he's down. Despite the tough biker exterior he screams like he's Homer Simpson. :lol:

Although in a way, that actually makes me like his character more. He's not just the complete "hard man" archetype.

subedii on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hard man archetype? I thought you were above dick jokes.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm still on the fence on this game. Like...I've been playing the hell out of the demo..but...

I live in a building with a lot of hallways...and dark niches....and more hallways. Goddamn I'm such a chicken.

KupotheAvenger on
    fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

• Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You can make some pretty provocative sound effects with Zoey on her knees.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm mostly partial to Bill (grizzled old vet, which is what I'm starting to feel like these days amongst this fresh crop of whipper snapper gamers) and Frances (mostly because (I think) he has clear influences from Jayne of Firefly fame).

Another thing I really like is how well fleshed out all the characters feel. I don't mind playing any of them for that reason, but if given the chance to choose, it's usually Bill or Frances.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Louis screams the loudest, so when you get pulled off into the distance by a smoker there is more of a chance of your buddies hearing and helping you out.

So which one of the guys keeps doing a Goofy (Disney, not generic) yell?

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm still on the fence on this game. Like...I've been playing the hell out of the demo..but...

I live in a building with a lot of hallways...and dark niches....and more hallways. Goddamn I'm such a chicken.

this only makes the game better

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    subedii wrote: »

And that is Francis

It's funny when he gets attacked whilst he's down. Despite the tough biker exterior he screams like he's Homer Simpson. :lol:

Although in a way, that actually makes me like his character more. He's not just the complete "hard man" archetype.

Everyone screams like a girl when someone is trying to eat their flesh.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Hard man archetype? I thought you were above dick jokes.

Would you believe that was not a meaning I had in mind when I wrote that sentence?

Perhaps "Tough Guy" would've been (marginally) better.

subedii on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'm mostly partial to Bill (grizzled old vet, which is what I'm starting to feel like these days amongst this fresh crop of whipper snapper gamers) and Frances (mostly because (I think) he has clear influences from Jayne of Firefly fame).

Another thing I really like is how well fleshed out all the characters feel. I don't mind playing any of them for that reason, but if given the chance to choose, it's usually Bill or Frances.

Seriously, I thought I was the only one!

So many times in online games I think to myself "what are these guys DOING?" and then I realize that they act like this because they haven't been doing this shit for the last 10 years.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Morkath wrote: »

And that is Francis

Everyone screams like a girl when someone is trying to eat their flesh.

Francis is the only one MAN enough to show when he's scared.

subedii on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

That right there has just made Frances my favorite.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

this only makes the game better

It doesn't help that my gf has seen me playing the game and mimics the damn Witch crying when I'm on the phone with her...

god i love that woman...but that's just mean.

KupotheAvenger on
    fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

• Options
    edited November 2008

So which one of the guys keeps doing a Goofy (Disney, not generic) yell?

That would be Francis.

subedii on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Protip: Bill is actually Edward G Robinson in Soylent Green

soylentgreen.jpg

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

So many times in online games I think to myself "what are these guys DOING?" and then I realize that they act like this because they haven't been doing this shit for the last 10 years.

I'm nearing 20 years now...

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Suds wrote: »

That right there has just made Frances my favorite.

And the perfect mod would be a pack of well-edited Jayne clips.

Hell, Valve had Adam Baldwin for a voice in Episode 2. Should've just called him back for Francis.

This is where someone tells me they did, and I pre-order L4D tonight.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Suds wrote: »

I'm nearing 20 years now...

So you're the old grizzled veteran and I am the veteran who is still very attractive to the young and scared female survivor.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    darleysam wrote: »
    Hell, Valve had Adam Baldwin for a voice in Episode 2. Should've just called him back for Francis.

wait, what?

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Adam Baldwin is one of the many reasons I love watching "Chuck".

He's just awesome.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    HerrCron wrote: »

wait, what?
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Popular film and television actor Adam Baldwin (Angel, Firefly) voices several of the civilian and rebel NPCs, most notably the character who informs the player of the Striders' locations in the penultimate chapter.[20]

subedii on
  • Options
    Butterfly BoyButterfly Boy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    PORTABLE BOOFARS CANNON CONFIRMED!

For the campaign finales.

I am wetting my pants.

Butterfly Boy on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

wait, what?
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Popular film and television actor Adam Baldwin (Angel, Firefly) voices several of the civilian and rebel NPCs, most notably the character who informs the player of the Striders' locations in the penultimate chapter.[20]

He was also one of the guest voices in Halo 3 (along with Katee 'Starbuck' Sackhoff and Jonathan 'I didn't like working anyway' Ross, and a few others too).
    But that's for another discussion and thread.

Basically he's doing voice acting in games, a Valve game no less, dude needs to voice Francis.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

wait, what?
    Wikipedia wrote:

Wow, i did not know that.

Cool.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

I am wetting my pants.

[Citation Needed]

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    adam4dead.jpg

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I am wetting my pants.

[Citation Needed]

I think he was joking. The portable Bofors cannon was rumoured by some people to be one of the unlockable weapons for the Heavy before the Heavy Updated came out.

subedii on
This discussion has been closed.