As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Burning the midnight [WotLK release].

• KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Wombat02 wrote: »
    Yeah!

I imagine everything you write as being said by lil' John.

edit: Correct that, as being said by Dave Chapelle impersonating lil' John.

OKAAAAY

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Bigity wrote: »
    Ah well, Blizzard yanked the downloads I guess. I suppose despite having a key I'll just have to wait until I can physically get my hands on my discs.

Do you have an up to date version of the beta client?

Thomamelas on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Lord Lycan wrote: »
    Woo!

Just got my CE and I think I've won a monkey pet in the cards that came with it :D
    No shit? Nice, I didn't know they packaged any rare cards in the TCG stuff with the CE. I always hoped I'd get one in my TBC CE and I had no luck :(

Halfmex on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I love how huge the fucking pet is. It's like 6 times the size of other non-combat pets.

Figures, considering this is the one CE I didn't get.

Wavechaser on
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Lord Lycan wrote: »
    Woo!

Just got my CE and I think I've won a monkey pet in the cards that came with it :D

I forgot that you could win in game items on cards, I'm going to have to actually open the cards that came with it now.

Dissociater on
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    For those looking to download the expansion:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=12665777673&sid=1

I'm at 91 percent now.

Bigity on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    I love how huge the fucking pet is. It's like 6 times the size of other non-combat pets.

Figures, considering this is the one CE I didn't get.

Damnit. Same here.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think all the CEs came with pet biscuits, so that's probably why it's so huge.

Mgcw on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Order Status: Exception
    9:49 A.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS / THE MOVEMENT OF THE PACKAGE WILL RESUME AS SOON AS THE WEATHER CONDITIONS ALLOW

*looks outside. sees sun*. Bwah?

I guess I can hope UPS will send an afternoon truck to my town for packages supposed to be delivered same day...

Ouch. D:

Haha me too. I've always been a fan of whelplings but the fact that Frosty is the size of one of the larger type netherwhelp pets you get from that silly Netherwing trinket is cool.

riz on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You know, I never did look at the cards that came with my CE of Burning Crusade. Maybe I should check and see if I can get any in-game stuff from it.

SteevL on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I got a pet biscuit loot card with my CE

so lame its for one character only

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Bah - I just found out that you can't buy the expansion via download only. Wonder if any stores will actually have it in stock (I don't know why, but all my local stores that carry games always seem woefully understocked even on the big items)

LockeCole on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wren wrote: »

GIANT FROSTY :^:

815165 on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Order Status: Exception
    9:49 A.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS / THE MOVEMENT OF THE PACKAGE WILL RESUME AS SOON AS THE WEATHER CONDITIONS ALLOW

*looks outside. sees sun*. Bwah?

I guess I can hope UPS will send an afternoon truck to my town for packages supposed to be delivered same day...

Ouch. D:

Haha me too. I've always been a fan of whelplings but the fact that Frosty is the size of one of the larger type netherwhelp pets you get from that silly Netherwing trinket is cool.

man that actually sort of makes me wish I'd bought a collector's edition.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Nice, I got the same. I thought I'd gotten the monkey pet at first because that's what's on the card, but nope, bizkits.

Still cool though. Giant pets ahoy!

Halfmex on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    Dyscord wrote: »
    ah man, is there a patch to download too?
    3.03, it's 41MB.

Apparently I have to download 3.01 -> 3.02. Which I guess won't take that long, but still. Weird.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Halfmex wrote: »

Nice, I got the same. I thought I'd gotten the monkey pet at first because that's what's on the card, but nope, bizkits.

Still cool though. Giant pets ahoy!

Oh what the hell, loot cards should not give items with limited usage.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited November 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    Is it limited use? That's pretty lame. Bah.

Halfmex on
  • AntishowAntishow Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So, a pair of guest passes came with the game. If I use these to start a new account for my girlfriend, can I upgrade the account to a "real" account (using my credit card) and get the free zebra and level up bonus?

Antishow on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Antishow wrote: »
    So, a pair of guest passes came with the game. If I use these to start a new account for my girlfriend, can I upgrade the account to a "real" account (using my credit card) and get the free zebra and level up bonus?
    No, go to your account management and do the "Recruit a Friend" stuff to get in on that deal.

815165 on
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Speaking of Recruit-a-Friend, I levelled my priest from 35-60 in Stormwind last night, and people were losing their heads. My guild members were tripping out, too...

"Mercy has earned the Achievement: Level 40!"

"Mercy has earned the Achievement: Level 50!"

"Mercy has earned the Achievement: Level 60!"

Also, woooooo Zhevra Mount!

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • mfc144mfc144 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Speaking of Recruit-a-Friend, I levelled my priest from 35-60 in Stormwind last night, and people were losing their heads. My guild members were tripping out, too...

"Mercy has earned the Achievement: Level 40!"

"Mercy has earned the Achievement: Level 50!"

"Mercy has earned the Achievement: Level 60!"

Also, woooooo Zhevra Mount!

I did this as well a few days ago, only in Org. The cries of "OMG HACKS!" and "REPORTED" made me smile.

mfc144 on
    edited November 2008
    I thought you had to be simultaneously logged on both and it was a steady, but fast stream of xp, instead of being granted huge chunks at a time.

Septus on
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    it does work like that, but additionally you can get a free instant level on the original account for every 2 levels gained on the new account

SaraLuna on
    edited November 2008
    it does work like that, but additionally you can get a free instant level on the original account for every 2 levels gained on the new account

But both have to be online at the same time right?(otherwise dual-boxing wouldn't be required). So I guess that just goes fast enough, if the original account is a low level character, levelling quickly?

Septus on
  • StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    So I walked into Frys for lunch with the intent of just picking up a regular copy. A guy at worked freaked me out because he said his wife went to pick up his pre-order at Best Buy and there was a massive line at 10am. So I was like damn, I hope I don't get a big line.

Walked in to Fry's and they had a table full of regular WotlK and 4 CE's. So I stood there and asked myself. The CE box is bigger, it must be better, so grabbed a CE and walked around. Towards the back, by the stereos, they must have had about 2 dozen CE boxes sitting on a table. I'm guessing they probably had a little reserve in the back too, that's just how Fry's rolls. Especially since they might put out more for their ig Friday sales.

Anyway, I got the CE like a tool and I feel a cold coming on *coughcough*, might have to leave work early.

By the way, this was City of Industry Fry's if anyone is still looking for a CE.

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    it works more like this:
    you and your friend level 0-60 together at the fast rate.
    then you logout and log back in on your previously made lvl 30 alt.
    then your friend dumps the 30 free levels instantly onto said alt.

edit to clarify:
    the new account gets gift levels for the original account no matter what. but yes, both accounts must be logged in and grouped together for the triple xp to work.

SaraLuna on
  • Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What people generally do with the RAF is level 1 character from the new account and 1 from the original together (dual boxing if needed). When a character for each account is grouped and within promximity of each other they both get 3x exp for kills and quests.

Additionally for every 2 levels a character on the new account gains they can grant an instant level to a lower level character on the original account. So people usually grant 30 or so levels to an alt (usually a level 30 alt) on the original account once the two aforementioned characters reach 60.

Now this can be done as many times as possible within 90 days of the RAF taking affect.

Wombat02 on
    edited November 2008
    Starfuck wrote: »
    So I walked into Frys for lunch with the intent of just picking up a regular copy. A guy at worked freaked me out because he said his wife went to pick up his pre-order at Best Buy and there was a massive line at 10am. So I was like damn, I hope I don't get a big line.

Walked in to Fry's and they had a table full of regular WotlK and 4 CE's. So I stood there and asked myself. The CE box is bigger, it must be better, so grabbed a CE and walked around. Towards the back, by the stereos, they must have had about 2 dozen CE boxes sitting on a table. I'm guessing they probably had a little reserve in the back too, that's just how Fry's rolls. Especially since they might put out more for their ig Friday sales.

Anyway, I got the CE like a tool and I feel a cold coming on *coughcough*, might have to leave work early.

By the way, this was City of Industry Fry's if anyone is still looking for a CE.

I got caught once by that in a blockbuster. I can't even remember what game it was but it was like 10$ more than the regular version. The regular version had like 15 behind the glass, and the collector's edition just had 1 copy, so I was like 'omg must have last copy!'

Being blockbuster I had to get the guy from behind the counter to unlock the glass display for the games to get my CE, of course it was just the 'display' copy of the game, so he put it back in the display box, and went to the front of the store into a shelf that had probably about 100 copies of the CE. :(

Dissociater on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Even more efficient (imo) is dropping like 10 levels each on 3 level 50 alts, but with the smoothed exp curve I guess it doesn't matter that much.

So, went scouting. Hit the local EB Games, Best Buy and Futureshop, the latter two of which are monolithic stores in the heart of downtown Toronto. 0 Collector's Editions. All sold out during pre-orders (EB Games) or last night at Midnight launch (the other two).

Either we got screwed on supply versus the demand, or Toronto is full of addicts looking for their sweet CE Pet fix.

Sure there are other stores out there, but it's a shitty week for weather, and I'm only willing to wander so far for an art book and making of dvd that I'll probably watch once.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited November 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Sure there are other stores out there, but it's a shitty week for weather, and I'm only willing to wander so far for an art book and making of dvd that I'll probably watch once.
    Also, pet and pet biscuits. Oh, and mousepad.

Halfmex on
  • Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Do people still use mousepads?

Wombat02 on
    edited November 2008
    I'm sure some people do.

Back East.

Halfmex on
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I do, because my desk is too reflective for my optical to work properly otherwise.

SithDrummer on
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hell yes they do. I've needed one of those mouse pads with the gel wrist rest for some time now. I had a massive callus at the base of my hand before I got that mouse pad. That and it helps cut down on carpal tunnel.

Artereis on
    edited November 2008
    Artereis wrote: »
    Hell yes they do. I've needed one of those mouse pads with the gel wrist rest for some time now. I had a massive callus at the base of my hand before I got that mouse pad. That and it helps cut down on carpal tunnel.

Also, the slightly elevated surface of the mouse pad reduces any dust, hair, crumbs or other miscellaneous desk crap from blowing onto your mousing surface.

Dissociater on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

The limited-use loot cards are also very common. It's so people can get fun things but they're so common that they're only worth like five bucks on eBay, instead of most people never getting to see or use the thing because it's worth hundreds of dollars.

riz on
    edited November 2008
    riz wrote: »
    The limited-use loot cards are also very common. It's so people can get fun things but they're so common that they're only worth like five bucks on eBay, instead of most people never getting to see or use the thing because it's worth hundreds of dollars.
    Meh, I suppose. Thing is, now that I know that it's a limited-use item, I'm hesitant to even redeem the code. I don't play the TCG so this'd just be a one-shot deal for me.

Oh well, not a huge issue either way.

Halfmex on
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh the puns

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • MatsuhitoMatsuhito Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Is it possible to buy this game off the website like you can do with the regular version and BC?

Matsuhito on
This discussion has been closed.