As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] of the Lich King. You can get rep with walrus people.

NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
This is a failure because I'm at work right now and this blocks any access to most other sites.

Here is where a youtube of the chitty chitty bang bang song would go.

Someone feel free to give me a link that I can add to this OP.

I DIDN'T MEAN TO WIN.

But this shit was awesome.

Nocturne on

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Thanatos on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Jesus nocturne you took forever! Like 6 minutes but that's forever.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Seriously, Nocture

Though I do like my intermediate chat better.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I can't watch that video right now, but something tells me it's not about a magical fucking car.

Nocturne on
    edited November 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »

Funny name, but jesus that video was eye rape.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    japan wrote:
    If you wanted to do that why would Mirror's Edge appeal to you in the first place?

This is like when my girlfriend revealed to her mother that she was bisexual, and her mother replied, "Then why would you want to marry Keenan?"

What do you mean, "if you could shoot people, why would you play Mirror's Edge?"

I imagine I'd do it for the exploration gameplay! This is not an excuse for the gunplay to suck. Do not give excuses for lazy designers! Besides that, even if gunplay was awesome, would that take away from good parkour elements? No!

Also, Cardboard Tube's Gandalf av should really be holding a cardboard tube, instead of Gandalf's staff.

JamesKeenan on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    What Japan said. If I wanted to just shoot a bunch of people, I would play... Well, Fallout 3.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Also, Cardboard Tube's Gandalf av should really be holding a cardboard tube, instead of Gandalf's staff.
    A=B

Oboro on
    words
    edited November 2008
    Res wrote: »
    What Japan said. If I wanted to just shoot a bunch of people, I would play... Well, Fallout 3.

Well thank god they implemented a gameplay element, and then fucked it over royally. How top notch of them.

Solid A++ would play again.

JamesKeenan on
    edited November 2008
    Question: Would Mirror's Edge be better if you couldn't use guns at all?

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008

It would be better than poorly implemented guns.

Yes.

JamesKeenan on
    edited November 2008
    japan wrote:
    If you wanted to do that why would Mirror's Edge appeal to you in the first place?

This is like when my girlfriend revealed to her mother that she was bisexual, and her mother replied, "Then why would you want to marry Keenan?"

What do you mean, "if you could shoot people, why would you play Mirror's Edge?"

I imagine I'd do it for the exploration gameplay! This is not an excuse for the gunplay to suck. Do not give excuses for lazy designers! Besides that, even if gunplay was awesome, would that take away from good parkour elements? No!

I mean, really, though, why would she want to marry you, if she could be having hot, lesbian sex for the rest of her life, instead?

Thanatos on
    edited November 2008
    She's still going to have hot, lesbian sex.

Sign a pre-nup, James. :|

Oboro on
    words
    edited November 2008

Yes.

So it's lazy for them to implement gunplay but not do it perfectly, but it's not lazy for them to just leave them out entirely?

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    japan wrote:

I mean, really, though, why would she want to marry you, if she could be having hot, lesbian sex for the rest of her life, instead?

Because Keenan is a good person?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    japan wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

DeShadowC on
    edited November 2008

'Cause marriage has tax benefits, but Florida just banned gay marriages, gay civil unions, gay friendships and everything else. So she's stuck.

JamesKeenan on
    edited November 2008

Yes.

So it's lazy for them to implement gunplay but not do it perfectly, but it's not lazy for them to just leave them out entirely?

If you design a game that includes one poorly implemented dynamic, its retarded to claim that was your intention. "Man the shooting in gta sucks." "It's a driving game!"

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2008
    japan wrote:

Imagine you are a chick who can have hot, lesbian sex anytime you want to, Preacher.

How good of a person would it take for you to give that up? Exactly. And I don't think JamesKeenan is Jesus squared.

Thanatos on
    edited November 2008

'Cause marriage has tax benefits, but Florida just banned gay marriages, gay civil unions, gay friendships and everything else. So she's stuck.

Isn't their a law saying basically if you're married in another state, your state has to recognize it. Didn't the wording of prop 2 go against that law?

DeShadowC on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Can I be a admins?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »

Isn't their a law saying basically if you're married in another state, your state has to recognize it. Didn't the wording of prop 2 go against that law?

There is a law saying that your state doesn't have to recognize gay marriage in another state.

Couscous on
    edited November 2008
    japan wrote:

Imagine you are a chick who can have hot, lesbian sex anytime you want to, Preacher.

How good of a person would it take for you to give that up? Exactly. And I don't think JamesKeenan is Jesus squared.

Look than, what makes you think any girl that Keenan would stick his love sausage into could get any kind of hot lesbian sex?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2008
    Man, I want to go back to bed, but waking up when it's nighttime fully-rested would break my circadian rhythm. :|

Oboro on
    words
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Yes.

If you design a game that includes one poorly implemented dynamic, its retarded to claim that was your intention. "Man the shooting in gta sucks." "It's a driving game!"

Well, I dunno it's crazy but maybe the intent is more "we didn't make it a priority."

I mean, the parkour in Fallout 3 is balls terrible but I think the excuse that it was not something they spent a ton of time on makes sense.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    edited November 2008

Yes.

No, because they speak to entirely different motives.

For them to have consciously left the guns out of the game, it would be about creating a game with that in mind. Yeah.

But including the guns, consciously, but half-assing it, speaks differently of their motives and actions. They provide the choice, but gimp it.

It's not that guns are ineffective. It's not that they're gimped. It's that they opinion is that they play badly. There's a major difference.

JamesKeenan on
    edited November 2008
    Couscous wrote: »

There is a law saying that your state doesn't have to recognize gay marriage in another state.

I hardly recognize other states as it is.

Geography was never my strong suit.

My strong suit was my metal tuxedo!

Drez on
  • The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

They haven't banned threesomes involving gerbils and strategically placed celery sticks, so there is that.

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
    edited November 2008
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    i am tube i like to make poast in locked threads becuz i am admin hurrrrrr

This is gold.

DeShadowC on
    edited November 2008

Yes.

Except this isn't "They couldn't make the shooting better because it wasn't their main focus." It's "They deliberately limited the shooting to give the gameplay a certain style."

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    Well, I dunno it's crazy but maybe the intent is more "we didn't make it a priority."

I mean, the parkour in Fallout 3 is balls terrible but I think the excuse that it was not something they spent a ton of time on makes sense.

See, I know you're kidding, but I'm going to make a point out of it.

Complaining about bad parkour in Fallout 3 is silly. There is no parkour. It wasn't a background initiative. It's not in at all.

If they did implement it, and advertised it, and then it sucked? It was buggy as hell. You constantly clipped through the walls. Buggy ledges, falling through worlds, overall bad implementation.

You would be retarded to say, "But parkour is not the focus!"

JamesKeenan on
    edited November 2008
    Couscous wrote: »

That hurts my head.

DeShadowC on
    edited November 2008

Yes.

Except this isn't "They couldn't make the shooting better because it wasn't their main focus." It's "They deliberately limited the shooting to give the gameplay a certain style."

Man I need to start using that excuse.

Sorry boss I deliberately limited my job performance because it wasn't my focus today.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    as a gaymo I can't imagine anything less thrilling than hot lesbian sex

oh boy

you get to lick a vagina

Casual Eddy on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
    On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
    And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
    And the lamplight o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
    And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!

Elendil on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    as a gaymo I can't imagine anything less thrilling than not being able to establish a phallic signifier

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited November 2008

oh boy

you get to lick a vagina

scissoring is always an option.

DeShadowC on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Complaining about bad parkour in Fallout 3 is silly. There is no parkour. It wasn't a background initiative. It's not in at all.

If they did implement it, and advertised it, and then it sucked? It was buggy as hell. You constantly clipped through the walls. Buggy ledges, falling through worlds, overall bad implementation.

Actually: Better example.

The gunplay in Fallout 3 is bad

The movement is bad.

The gunplay is bad partially because VATS is designed to be used often, not simply as a last resort. And frankly, it's not a shooter, it's an open-ended RPG. The enemies are stupid, and you're not going to run into a lot of situations where a crack shot is necessary.

The movement is bad because well, fuck it, you're just supposed to be able to walk. I'd like to be able to hop up ledges. I'd like to be able to climb or run faster than 2 miles a day, but hey it was not anywhere near the central focus of the gameplay.

So. I am just saying that when a person spends shorter amounts of time on the less important aspects of a project I do not take offense.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    edited November 2008

I like you, JK, but I think you'd have to be so fucking stupid to think you were going to get good gunplay out of Mirror's Edge. I mean I didn't even know guns were in the game at all until I played the demo. And then 80% of the demo is basically constructed around telling you "hey, you should run" and "sticking around to shoot people is fucking dumb you fucking dumb dumbfuck."

So really, I think any complaints about Mirror's Edge's gameplay are completely baseless. If you were required to duke it out with 120 guards at the end of the game with guns or something, that's one thing. But I'm assuming that's not the case here. So, being a mere "option" without forcing you to putz around with the gunplay, there is no valid complaint.

Drez on
    edited November 2008

oh boy

you get to lick a vagina

Lick it? Pfft.

You outright bury your face in it. Rawrblgblrblgblrbgblrlgblrblrbglbrglrblrbglrlbrg

JamesKeenan on
This discussion has been closed.