As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ROCK BAND - Use the new thread

• BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dead Kennedys fucking yes.

BlindPsychic on
  • StormyWatersStormyWaters Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    arghhhhhhhhh where is texas flood i'm dying (and i like the dead kennedys)

StormyWaters on
  • corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    arghhhhhhhhh where is texas flood i'm dying (and i like the dead kennedys)

I like the dead kennedys but I question how fun it will be to play. I am kind of underwhelmed at this week but that is allright I went ahead and bought the foo album last night so I should prolly take it easy on the dlc for a week or two.

corin7 on
  • SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    midgetspy wrote: »
    Maybe it's just because I enjoy the game so much, but RB is probably one of the most frustrating games I've ever owned. No matter what I do it seems like that there is always some bug or problem that is actively trying to prevent me from enjoying myself.

My drums were broken out of the box so I sent them back the week RB2 came out (for PS3). After over 2 weeks I haven't heard anything, so I call them to make sure they received my broken ones and that everything was going properly. They tell me they weren't anticipating so many problems with the hardware (wtf?) and so they were really short supplied. They are supposed to receive a bunch of drums in a week so I should expect mine maybe a week after that (4+ weeks after my RMA). Then, as he scans the rest of my ticket, he pauses a sec and says: "Oh, you're in Canada." Turns out it may well be Christmas before I get a set of drums that works (or a new broken set at least).

So I continue to play on my RB1 drums, barely able to hear the music over the clack-clack-clack, while my quiet, wireless, velocity sensitive RB2 drums sit in the corner, useless, taunting. :-( As an additional slap in the face, my extra RB1 guitar broke for good today as well. And since I can't even RMA it anymore, it's just a $60 paperweight now. I guess with a suckier game I would have just given up by now, but I like it too much to quit so I just keep banging my head against the wall and hope some day it'll all work properly, lol.

*sigh* What a depressing post, hah. Time for bed ;-P

Dude. Your broken RB1 guitar is way more than a paperweight. Now you can totally go rock and roll and smash it on the floor sometime!

Svevin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That In This Moment song is meh. Don't know if I'll grab the pack or not.

Sir Carcass on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Buying DK pack and Mission of Burma pack.

Mica is totally my favorite song of theirs. Vs. is a great fucking album.

Dehumanized on
  • ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yay, more Lacuna Coil. And Swamped is off Comalies, which is a much better album than Karmacode in my opinion. Hopefully they'll get some more of their older stuff in the future. Daylight Dancer and Heaven's A Lie would work very well in the game I think.

Zaylenz on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What is Mica?

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Zaylenz wrote: »
    Yay, more Lacuna Coil. And Swamped is off Comalies, which is a much better album than Karmacode in my opinion. Hopefully they'll get some more of their older stuff in the future. Daylight Dancer and Heaven's A Lie would work very well in the game I think.

Tight Rope

Though I'm happy with anything off of Comalies or Unleashed Memories.

Sir Carcass on
    edited November 2008

Tight Rope

Same with me. Too bad we can't get Senzafine off the HalfLife EP but I think the singing in Italian part would be trouble.

Zaylenz on
    edited November 2008

Tight Rope

Same with me. Too bad we can't get Senzafine off the HalfLife EP but I think the singing in Italian part would be trouble.

MAAAAAAAAAAADREEEEEE

Doesn't Psycho Killer have French in it? And hell, there are the European DLC songs that are all in moon language.

Sir Carcass on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Psycho Killer and Call Me has French
    There's some Spanish in Doolittle
    Then there are the Euro tracks that are in French or German

I'm sure there are a few others. None of the ones that I have are hard to sing anyway.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • TacoManTacoMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Arikado wrote: »

I'm sure there are a few others. None of the ones that I have are hard to sing anyway.

Oh, oh! Don't forget the spanish in El Scorcho! :lol:

TacoMan on
  • midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Arikado wrote: »

Pleymo - New Wave D:

midgetspy on
  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think Closer was on Guitar Hero 3.

Yes it was. I seem to remember liking it too, so I might pick it up.

I'm pretty sure I'll get Holiday in Cambodia and Police Truck. The former I remember liking pretty well in Guitar Hero III, and that was despite the fact that it was apparently a horrid cover version. I vaguely remember Police Truck from Rocks the '80s, and I'll have to give it a re-listen, but I seem to remember liking the difficulty. I'll have to give the last Kenedy songs a listen before I buy the whole thing.

We all knew it was a matter of time until Holiday in Cambodia hit.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Well we have X-Japan in it now so there's Japa-...er, wait nevermind.

Future X-Japan songs would probably be in Japanese though.

Schide on
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, all of Senzafine is in Italian though. Not just parts. And speaking of songs that were in VtM: Bloodlines, I think Tiamat could work pretty well in Rock Band. Cain or Brighter Than The Sun come to mind. For a game that has Goth as one of the styles for characters, there's a lack of Goth music in the game.

Here's the song Senzafine so you know what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIRIRHW5sWc

Zaylenz on
  • mantis23mantis23 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    so, it seems that old, fake "20 songs" list has slowly but surely been making its way into the game. Holiday in Cambodia is the latest song from the list to be announced. Which leaves the question:

When the hell are they going to release Santeria?

mantis23 on
    0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    I like the song Holiday In Cambodia.

I did not like playing it in GH3.

Hopefully the new note chart is better.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I hope the dead kennedy's vocals are an acquired taste

cause i'm not diggin them

Feels Good Man on
    edited November 2008
    I hope the dead kennedy's vocals are an acquired taste

cause i'm not diggin them

They are. That's the main reason I don't care for them. Jello Biafra's vocals just don't do it for me.

Sir Carcass on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Any suggestions as to what I should do with my RB1 drumset? It works perfectly fine but I've upgraded to the RB2 set. I'm thinking maybe a coffee table.

Accualt on
  • midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hmm, just listened to all those songs on Youtube and wow, I don't think there's been a week yet where I actively disliked so many of the songs. IMO a lot of these songs are just terrible. Holiday in Cambodia was one of the worst songs in GH3 (to listen to and to play, sooo boring).... the Crooked X song is probably the best one, lol.

midgetspy on
    edited November 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    Any suggestions as to what I should do with my RB1 drumset? It works perfectly fine but I've upgraded to the RB2 set. I'm thinking maybe a coffee table.

Gift it to someone on PA. Holiday season and whatnot.

Arikado on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Craigslist, or re-gift it to someone, or donate it to Goodwill.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I like the song Holiday In Cambodia.

I did not like playing it in GH3.

Hopefully the new note chart is better.

In GH3, it was a cover version. That intro was entirely new and completely bullshit. I half expect these DK songs to be masters, but I'm not sure. There sessions tended to be the kinds of things that make the masters unusable for games like this. (Curse them for being unable to seen 30 years into the future!)

If they aren't the originals, I'd expect them to be re-records with the new singer.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    All the DLC songs for the week are masters.

When was the last cover that came out for RB? Like March? It's been ages. I think they've drawn a line in the sand and said "no covers from here on." If the masters are unsuitable, they seem to either skip it or get a new recording/live recording from the band.

Edit: Beetlebum in May. Besides that track, no covers since January.

JonBob on
    jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Did I suggest they'd use a cover version?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • CymoroCymoro Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Keep it and have drum battles with others. If you start losing, whack the crap out of them with the sticks.

Cymoro on
    i am perpetual, i make the country clean
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    Cymoro wrote: »

Keep it and have drum battles with others. If you start losing, whack the crap out of them with the sticks.

I took the legs off, stuck the drums directly into the feet, and gave them to my daughter so she can rock out with me.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I took the legs off, stuck the drums directly into the feet, and gave them to my daughter so she can rock out with me.

Neat idea.

Curious question - How old is she? And is the game friendly (i.e. easy) to kids? I have three kids, all young, so I'm curious about how accessible it would be to the oldest of them.

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh, one more upgrade question (damn it I should just ask all at once, damn fragmented mind):

I heard they said they'll have 20 more songs for free to download. Not sure if that's out yet, but when they do come out, is it a limited time offer? For example, if I get my RB2 next year, think they'll still have those 20 songs for free?

ringswraith on
    edited November 2008
    Check out the OP my friend.

Quick answers:

20 songs will always be there. They're available for anyone who buys RB2 as the code to redeem them is on the manual.

As far as difficulty for kids, I had to move my RB setup into my room because the kids were hogging it up all the time. There are a couple of grade school kids who can do guitar/vocals on hard already.

Arikado on
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I don't think anyone has posted this yet (and I'm kinda surprised considering...well, JCDI):
    Both Guitar Hero World Tour and Rock Band will add downloadable tracks from The Killers later this month, say Activision and Harmonix.

Each game will get three of the Las Vegas band's tracks on November 25, the day that its new album Day and Age hits stores.

You'll be able to download two singles from Day and Age ("Human" and "Losing Touch") on World Tour, as well as the classic "Mr. Brightside."

Representatives of MTV told Wired.com that three Killers songs would appear on the Rock Band music store on the same day: "Mr. Brightside," Smile Like You Mean It" and "Spaceman," the latter another new single from Day and Age.

metaghost on
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, I've been quite busy with work today. My sister still wants "Shadowplay." :(
    Here's that Wired.com article: http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/11/guitar-hero-roc.html

Also, another free DLC promo, this time from Energizer!

http://events.rockband.com/energizer.html

Arikado on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    OH MY GOD MISSION OF BURMA AND DEAD KENNEDYS

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Those will be some fun killers songs to play...unsure about the new stuff...it just seems...well....meh. I think we'd see the Joy Division version of Shadowplay before the Killers' version

toolbert on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What is Mica?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrN29_zCtP8

See the guitarist with earphones on? The reason the band originally broke up was because he was going to go permanently deaf, because the volumes they play at on stage was destroying his ears. They were pretty much forced to take a break.

Dehumanized on
  • MorganMorgan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Marikir wrote: »

Neat idea.

Curious question - How old is she? And is the game friendly (i.e. easy) to kids? I have three kids, all young, so I'm curious about how accessible it would be to the oldest of them.

My kids are both 11 (girls) and both can sing on expert or guitar/bass on hard. They havent been playing it for very long. Its a pretty easy and fun game for kids. Its really a great game for you to spend time with your family. Erandus and I and the girls play RB all the time. The younger you get them started the more of a chance of them becoming gamers! The world needs more gamers!!

Morgan on
    Erandus is a douchebag
  • TacoManTacoMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Do you folks know what makes me sad?

The fact that there's going to be a lot of free DLC codes that end up in the garbage dump.

I've met some bands that define hardcore by how much of their clothing/set props/food comes from dumpster diving. Why should it be any different with us loons, amirite?
    Morgan wrote: »
    Marikir wrote: »

My kids are both 11 (girls) and both can sing on expert or guitar/bass on hard. They havent been playing it for very long. Its a pretty easy and fun game for kids. Its really a great game for you to spend time with your family. Erandus and I and the girls play RB all the time. The younger you get them started the more of a chance of them coming in contact with perverts! The world needs more gamers!!

fix'd for shame

TacoMan on