As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ROCK BAND 2: Use the new thread

ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
edited December 2008 in Games and Technology
RB2.png
First post covers your basic info plus the DLC. Second post covers upcoming Rock Band spinoff titles and community stuff.
========================

This Week's DLC

Going Country 01
  • “Mud on the Tires” by Brad Paisley
  • “Hillbilly Deluxe” by Brooks & Dunn
  • “Free and Easy (Down the Road I Go)” by Dierks Bentley
  • “Sin Wagon” by Dixie Chicks
  • “Gunpowder & Lead” by Miranda Lambert
Each track will be available starting December 16, 2008, for the Xbox360 and December 18, 2008, for PS3. Each individual track will be available for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) and $8.49 (680 Microsoft Points) for the 5-pack.

Next Week's DLC

No info

Future DLC
Texas Flood by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble [Winter '08?]
Nothing's Shocking by Jane's Addiction [Winter '08?]
Ten by Pearl Jam [March '09]
========================

Rock Band info via links
For starters, there is the Rock Band WikiPedia page that is up-to-date for the most part. The folks in this thread are more than happy to answer any quick questions you might have. You can also mosey on over to the revamped Rock Band website and check out all the new and cool info they have up.

Whats this about 20 free songs?
These songs will be available exclusively to people who own Rock Band 2 on the Xbox 360, PS3 and the Wii. They will be available for download on November 4th for the 360 and PS3 while they are expected to be available for the Wii in early December 2008. Please remember to register your code on rockband.com/bonustracks to be able to download these songs. All songs are masters.
  • "Sons and Daughters" by The 88
  • "No Regrets" by Authority Zero
  • "Prequel To The Sequel" by Between the Buried and Me
  • "Bounce" by The Cab
  • "Get It On" by The Chevelles
  • "Give It To Me" by The Cocktail Slippers
  • "Database Corrupted" by Dealership
  • "I Wanna Be Your Man" by Endeverafter
  • "Ashes To Fire" by The Ghost Hounds
  • "Young" by Hollywood Undead
  • "The Feeling" by Kutless
  • "If I Ain't Got You" by The Len Price 3
  • "I'm Gone, I'm Going" by Lesley Roy
  • "Burn You Down" by Opiate for the Masses
  • "Magnetic Baby" by Semi-Precious Weapons
  • "Like a Fool" by Shaimus
  • "Crazy Tuesday" by Thenewno2
  • "The Time Is Wrong" by Tickle Me Pink
  • "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures" by Underoath
  • "I.V." by X Japan
Wait, PS2 doesn't get DLC, right?
The PS2 versions of Rock Band do not allow for DLC. However, HMX was kind enough to put out track packs. There is currently one volume available with the second one to be release in November 2008. To see what songs are on those track packs, go here.

What about the Wii?
Originally, Rock Band Wii was a stripped down PS2 port that was quite shameful. In Rock Band 2, you will have a mostly fully featured game with the only limitation being customized band logos and a few other things. Online stuff, World Tour, BOTB, everything important is there in Rock Band 2. Unlike Rock Band, the Wii version of Rock Band 2 supports downloadable content, and all existing downloadable content will be made available to Wii users over time, with 30 existing songs to be made available at the game's launch. While songs can be stored to both the Wii's internal memory and to an SD card, only those songs in internal memory can be played.

Hmm, I want to see the notecharts for...
Pretty much any on-disc song can be found on YouTube. If you want to see notecharts for DLC or simply want to hear the music, check out the Rock Band DLC Song Database page.

GOD DAMMIT! MY GEAR IS BROKEN!
Harmonix/EA/MTV have been nice so far and allowed people to RMA their broken equipment via EA's Support Site. After that, you need your reciept to send stuff in. Their live support line is at 1(650)628-1001, 6am to 8pm PST and automated 24hrs a day. Be prepared to submit your receipt to verify purchase.

So how can I play with you guys?
If you're on Xbox LIVE, go ahead and add Rock Band PA as a friend. Then look at that gamertag's friends list and send out messages to people to coordinate a band or you can post in this thread. If you want to find people with DLC, it helps to know what you have and you can go to DLC Quickplay and make your own list (and tag it in your sig like some people). It is generally accepted to play in your difficulty range (i.e. not constantly failing out) and it's cool if you have a headset to be able to talk to people.
========================

North American Rock Band 2 release dates:
Xbox 360 (standalone game & instruments) - OUT NOW
PS3 and Xbox 360 bundle - OUT NOW
Wii & PS2 - OUT NOW
UK/Euro 360 - OUT NOW
UK/Euro PS3 & Wii - December 2008

NEW Rock Band 2 Site!

The Gear
RB2guitar.png
  • Quieter fret keys.
  • Sturdier strum bar.
  • Auto-calibration system in the guitar.
  • Radiant wood-finish.
  • Improved tilt sensor.
  • Not a listed feature but you can connect your drum's bass pedal to activate Overdrive.
rb2drums.png
  • New bass kick pedal is reinforced with a metal plate.
  • Velocity sensitive drum heads (no real effect on gameplay so far)
  • Cymbal and hi-hat expansion ports (3 cymbals and an extra pedal?)
  • New drums are super quiet.
  • Completely wireless.
Rb2IonDrums.png
  • The Drum Rocker by Ion. Website Available on Amazon. Limited retail release coming soon.
  • Basically, a real life electronic drum set minus the drum brain (which is needed to do shit away from Rock Band).
  • Currently goes for $299.99 plus any extras you buy with it plus shipping. Drum brain goes for another $100+.
  • Extra cymbals are sold seperately via Ion, Amazon and Mad Catz.
  • Need help getting those cymbals to work properly? Check out this thread for some insight.

The Cheats
  • Unlock All Songs: R Y B R R B B R Y B "Unlock every song in the game!" [Disables saving, acheivements and LIVE multiplayer]
  • New Venues Only: R R R R Y Y Y Y "Only Show Rock Band 2 venues!" [Only let's you play in the new venues]
  • Stage Mode: B Y R B Y R B Y R "Apply tweaks that are useful for live, public Rock Band 2 performances!" [Enables No Fail, disables saving, acheivements and LIVE multiplayer]
  • Awesomeness Detection: Y B O Y B O Y B O "Let Harmonix know that you are really awesome!" [???]

The Big Fat DLC List
Rather than list all the DLC, here is a Google Document spreadsheet made (by yours truly) that lists all the music featured in Rock Band.

Full Albums
Listed in order of release, tracks by actual album order.
Screaming for Vengeance by Judas Priest
1. The Hellion/Electric Eye
2. Riding on the Wind
3. Bloodstone
4. (Take These) Chains
5. Pain and Pleasure
6. Screaming for Vengeance
7. You've Got Another Thing Comin'
8. Fever
9. Devil's Child

The Cars by the Cars
1. Good Times Roll
2. My Best Friend's Girl
3. Just What I Needed
4. I'm in Touch With Your World
5. Don't Cha Stop
6. You're All I've Got Tonight
7. Bye Bye Love
8. Moving in Stereo
9. All Mixed Up

Doolittle by The Pixies
1. Debaser
2. Tame
3. I Bleed
4. Here Comes Your Man
5. Dead
6. Monkey Gone to Heaven
7. Mr. Grieves
8. Crackity Jones
9. La La Love you
10. No. 13 Baby
11. There Goes My Gun
12. Hey
13. Silver
14. Gouge Away

Peace Sells...But Who's Buying by Megadeth
1. Wake Up Dead
2. The Conjuring
3. Devil's Island
4. Good Mourning/Black Friday
5. Bad Omen
6. I Ain't Superstitious
7. My Last Words

Moving Pictures by Rush
1. Tom Sawyer (Original Version)
2. Red Barchetta
3. YYZ
4. Limelight (Original Version)
5. The Camera Eye
6. Witch Hunt
7. Vital Signs

Blood Sugar Sex Magick by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
1. The Power of Equality
2. If You Have to Ask
3. Breaking the Girl
4. Funky Monks
5. Suck My Kiss
6. I Could Have Lied
7. Mellowship Slinky in B Major
8. The Righteous & The Wicked
9. Blood Sugar Sex Magik
10. Under the Bridge
11. Naked in the Rain
12. Apache Rose Peacock
13. The Greeting Song
14. My Lovely Man
15. Sir Psycho Sexy
16. They're Red Hot

Dr. Feelgood by Mötley Crüe
1. Dr. Feelgood
2. Slice of Your Pie
3. Rattlesnake Shake
4. Kickstart My Heart
5. Without You
6. Same Ol' Situation (SOS)
7. Sticky Sweet
8. She Goes Down
9. Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)
10. Time for Change

The Colour and the Shape by the Foo Fighters
1. Doll
2. Monkey Wrench
3. Hey, Johnny Park!
4. My Poor Brain
5. Wind Up
6. Up in Arms
7. My Hero
8. See You
9. Enough Space
10. February Stars
11. Walking After You
12. New Way Home

The Singles 1992-2003 by No Doubt
1. Just a Girl
2. It’s My Life
3. Hey Baby
4. Bathwater
5. Sunday Morning
6. Hella Good
7. Underneath It All
8. Excuse Me Mr.
9. Running
10. Spiderwebs
11. Simple Kind of Life
12. Don’t Speak
13. Ex-Girlfriend

371 Downloadable songs by December 16th, 2008.
55 of 58 Rock Band 1 tracks exportable to Rock Band 2 (360/PS3)
84 Rock Band 2 tracks
18 AC/DC Live tracks
================
526 Total tracks available for Rock Band 2

Special thanks to midgetspy, Unbreakable Vow, Shady 3011, quovadis13, mxmarks, Lunker, vegeta_666, Smug Duckling, DarkPrimus and many others for their contributions in going through these threads like starving vultures on a dead buffalo carcass.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
Arikado on

• ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Rock Band Misc.
    Here are some Rock Band related games or upcoming games to look forward to.

The Beatles + HMX/MTV Games
    IMG%5DTheBeatles.jpg
    Apple Corps (the retainers of most of the Beatles master tracks) along with retainers to the rights of certain members (Yoko Ono and Patricia Harrison) have made an agreement for an exclusive game that will encompass the Beatles' musical career. So far, it seems that this will be a standalone game but no other information has been given out. It is expected to be completed by Q4 of 2009. Several sources have already quoted the related parties that there will not be Beatles DLC for the current Rock Band platforms.

AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack
    Rock_band.jpg
    Release Date: November 2, 2008
    Consoles: Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, & the Wii

In accordance with AC/DC's partnership with Wal*Mart regarding their latest album exclusive, this one off game will only be available at Wal*Mart or Sam's Club stores. The PS2 is set to be priced around $30 while the other versions will be priced close to $40. All versions minus the PS2 one will allow for one-time exporting onto the hard drive/SD-card via a code that comes in the package for use in Rock Band. This game is basically a DLC disc with the entire Live at Donington set. The game includes the tracks but none of the major options otherwise available in Rock Band although it does contain its own achievements. All tracks are live masters:
    • Back in Black
    • Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
    • Fire Your Guns
    • For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)
    • Heatseeker
    • Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
    • Hells Bells
    • High Voltage
    • Highway to Hell
    • Jailbreak
    • Let There Be Rock
    • Moneytalks
    • Shoot to Thrill
    • T.N.T.
    • The Jack
    • Thunderstruck
    • Whole Lotta Rosie
    • You Shook Me All Night Long
    Rock Band Japan
    JapanRock.jpg
    Harmonix announced that it would be co-developing a Japanese version of Rock Band with Q Entertainment for an exclusive release in Japan for all major consoles. According to Harmonix, Rock Band: Japan will be "the first US-originated rock music game to be heavily localized for the Japanese market". A release date has not yet been announced. While the game mechanics are expected to remain the same as Rock Band, the game will be localized and its soundtrack will include songs by popular Japanese artists.

Rock Band Track Pack Vol. #1 - Available for PS2 and Wii. Songs are played off the disc in Quickplay mode with no extra features.
    Rb_track_pack_v1.jpg
    "All the Small Things" by Blink 182
    "Buddy Holly" by Weezer
    "Calling Dr. Love" by K.I.S.S.
    "Crushcrushcrush" by Paramore
    "Die, All Right!" by the Hives
    "Gimme Three Steps" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
    "Interstate Love Song" by Stone Temple Pilots
    "Joker & the Thief" by Wolfmother
    "Little Sister" by Queens of the Stone Age"
    "Live Forever" by Oasis
    "March of the Pigs" by Nine Inch Nails
    "Moonage Daydream" by David Bowie
    "More Than a Feeling" by Boston
    "Move Along" by the All-American Rejects
    "Siva" by Smashing Pumpkins
    "Synchronicity II" by the Police
    "Teenage Labotomy" by the Ramones
    "The Kill" by 30 Seconds to Mars
    "Truckin'" by the Grateful Dead
    "We Care a Lot" by Faith No More

Rock Band Track Pack Vol. #2 - Available November 18th for all consoles. Unlike the previous pack, you can import the songs from the disc onto the hard drive for use in either Rock Band games (except the PS2).
    File:Rock_Band_Track_Pack_Vol_2.jpgRock_Band_Track_Pack_Vol_2.jpg
    "Afterlife" by Avenged Sevenfold
    "Call Me" by Blondie
    "El Scorcho" by Weezer
    "Girl You Want" by Devo
    "Girls Who Play Guitar" by Maxïmo Park
    "Indestructible" by Disturbed
    "It Hurts" by Angels & Airwaves
    "Just What I Needed" by the Cars
    "Message in a Bottle" by the Police
    "Monkey Gone to Heaven" by the Pixies
    "Rio" by Duran Duran
    "Saints of Los Angeles" by Mötley Crüe
    "Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
    "Snow ((Hey Oh))" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
    "The Perfect Drug" by Nine Inch Nails
    "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" by Fall Out Boy
    "Why Do You Love Me" by Garbage
    "You've Got Another Thing Comin'" by Judas Priest
    "Zero" by the Smashing Pumpkins

==================================

Community Stuff
    You want to get all "MySpace" with this shit? Then head on over to the brand new RockBand.com site and register your account. From there, start dropping friend requests on some folks around here. Check out each others bands and have a look at some of the new additions to the website.

Band Merch
    Yes, finally you can make your own merch for your band. Anything from posters to shirts to figurines, there's a good deal of stuff you can make if you're a fan of your own fake plastic rocker.

Wanna get a better resolution of your band picture? Try this out:
    1.Go to the picture in question.
    2.RIGHT click on the make merch button.
    3.Copy the address location.
    4.Paste into a notepad document.
    5.You get something like this:
    LONG_HTML_ADDRESSE_THAT_ENDS_WITH_bandphoto=http://rockband.com/uploads/user-generated-content/somenumber/rendertron/pictureinquestion3000x2000.jpg

6.Take the address that follows bandphoto=. Paste it into an address bar and go to it. That should be big enough for ANYONE.

Battle of the Bands
    • The main new feature is online Band World Tour. You can also take your band and challenge other bands via the new Battle of the Bands feature. Every day a new challenge will be posted on either the Tour Challenge or Battle of the Bands. As far as Battle of the Band challenges go:
    • Your band's score is measured up against another band from your friend list.
    • You can also measure yourself against your friendlist on Rockband.com via the Battle of the Bands listing.
    • It isn't in real time but the score meter shows you how your band's progress is going.
    • In a BotB setlist, your multiplier and leftover Overdrive will carry on to the next song.
    • Make sure you read the requirements and rules for each challenge.
    • You don't need to be in a full band.
    • The PA Band List
    • Interested in measuring up against other forumers? Friend them on LIVE/PSN and see who's gunning for top spot. All the scores are saved for the leader of the band on that gamertag. As such, only the leader of the band is listed since we can all sub in for other bands. You can also friend people on rockband.com via your profiles and tracks against their BOTB scores.
    Battle of the Band Challenges
    Go here, check out the upcoming battles, and compare your scores with other people who are your friends on RockBand.com
    Need a friend to compare with? Go ahead and start off by adding my profile since it'll end up being the PA-community page anyway.

Arikado on
  • Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    For those hoping Black Friday will bring the price of the AC/DC track pack down, I have bad news (no news?). They'll just be giving out a free shirt and live DVD. I forgot which one it was, but it doesn't really matter. You want cheap. You aren't getting it.

Shady3011 on
  • Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I totally 5-starred Panic Attack drums today.

It seems every time I pick up the drumsticks I'm a little better, which is such a good feeling.

Airking850 on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    YES! THANK YOU ARIKADO! I was about to dump 50 bucks on WT for that Killers pack.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited November 2008
    Airking850 wrote: »

It seems every time I pick up the drumsticks I'm a little better, which is such a good feeling.

That reminds me. I broke one of the drumsticks at the Best Buy kiosk while playing Everlong. I didn't even realize it until the end of the song.

Shady3011 on
    edited November 2008
    I'm not too hot on this new Killers album. I loved the first album, Sam's Town was alright but beyond their B-Side release, nothing is really interesting to me.

Arikado on
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm SO getting the Dead Kennedys pack.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Airking850 wrote: »

I definitely regressed a bit, as I haven't been playing as much real drums as of late, but after Joah posted that video of Dave Weckl, I started practicing some better hand technique and I was finally able to 5-Star The Perfect Drug.

Thanks Joah/Dave Weckl!

metaghost on
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'll probably buy Police Truck next week, then Mr. Brightside whenever it comes out. I'd buy the whole DK pack, but I don't have enough points D:

One Thousand Cables on
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'll have to watch the notechart for Holiday in Cambodia, and probably take a look at the other stuff.

So HMX is at 334 DLC next week, with 6 weeks left in the year, think they will make it?

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Lepwave wrote: »
    I'll have to watch the notechart for Holiday in Cambodia, and probably take a look at the other stuff.

So HMX is at 334 DLC next week, with 6 weeks left in the year, think they will make it?

Easily... with RB1, RB2, 20 free songs, ACDC, and DLC they'll clear 500 with no problems.

midgetspy on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    For those hoping Black Friday will bring the price of the AC/DC track pack down, I have bad news (no news?). They'll just be giving out a free shirt and live DVD. I forgot which one it was, but it doesn't really matter. You want cheap. You aren't getting it.

If this live DVD is Live at Donnington, I'll bite.

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    midgetspy wrote: »
    Lepwave wrote: »

Easily... with RB1, RB2, 20 free songs, ACDC, and DLC they'll clear 500 with no problems.

Oh? Arikado didn't count the RB1 and 20 free songs? I assume he already added it into the count.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2008
    Nope, because those aren't downloadable.

I'm afraid you lot can do the math. Besides, is there any doubt that they won't hit 500? I just see no point in number crunching more than I do each week. :)

Arikado on
  • TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Well, I was planning on getting an ION kit. Then I saw the cost, and figured, what the hell, I'll get a real e-kit for RB2 (I started drumming about 7 months ago and have an accoustic kit) Last saturday the red pad went out on my RB1 kit.... Low on funds after buying a house recently, decide to buy the RB2 drums.

I am very impressed with them. They are so much better than the RB1 drums. I'm using the official silencers, and the softest hit registers, except if I hit outside of the circle on the red pad for some reason. I was using gum rubber silencers on my RB1 pads, and I'm really amazed at the bounce that I've gotten off of the Rb2 pads. Its not as bouncy as the gum rubber, but it feels good, and you can definately get good rebound off them.

Ordered an omega pedal too, and that thing is a dream. I use a similar pearl pedal on my accoustic kit so I can work on my heel/toe playing RB :)

My only gripes

They totally redisigned the drums, added cymbal expansion, with all this you would think they would have made it so you had some options on arranging the drums. Even if it was just the red pad, to put more in between your legs. Small complaint really.

Cant find the cymbals anywhere out here. I'm going to have to order them online now that I have mail keys again.

Having to hit the center of my red pad. I'm kinda scared to RMA them for this small issue, they've been working great.

I still wish I woudl have gotten an e-kit solution, but I am very pleased with the RB2 drums. I'd reccomend a purchase of them

Tommatt on
    edited November 2008
    Mr. G wrote: »

If this live DVD is Live at Donnington, I'll bite.

AC/DC Rock Band Pack with free shirt and No Bull DVD (PS3/360/Wii/PS2) $39.88/$29.88

Shady3011 on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Anybody know of any places offering deals on MS points? Other than Amazon's usual 10% off?

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited November 2008
    TRU has buy one get one half off on accessories today and part of tomorrow. You can also take advantage of it online. Singing up for TRU Rewards program (it's free) gets you free shipping apparently.

Shady3011 on
  • SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Woohoo Killers! Up yours midgetspy! We should do some drum battles this weekend.

Svevin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    TRU has buy one get one half off on accessories today and part of tomorrow. You can also take advantage of it online. Singing up for TRU Rewards program (it's free) gets you free shipping apparently.

Thanks. Is this available in-store or online only? It suggests online but it isn't explicit about it. Anybody else know of any deals for MS points?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • TacoManTacoMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Love this new thread shine, I feel like everything else was just a bad dream...the Killers pack, which is news to me, is like waking up startled from the bad dream and smacking the breakfast in bed all over your lap with hot coffee spilling on your crotch.

Yes, I need more points and I'm poor.

TacoMan on
  • ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am marking this thread with my pee.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Erandus wrote: »
    I am marking this thread with my pee.

That's nothing compared to what I'm marking it with.
    a blue dot

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • StormyWatersStormyWaters Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    new thread requires me bitching about the lack of texas flood

StormyWaters on
    edited November 2008
    It requires everyone to bitch about Texas Flood.

Because really, it's unforgivable that we don't have it yet.

If they put out Jane's Addiction first, I'm going to kill something. Possibly myself. Or a spider.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I want Texas Flood too, as well.

I'd say why can't Rock Band get the Hendrix pack if they can get the Killers pack, but I'll probably be getting GHWT within a few weeks so it doesn't really matter that much.

Schide on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Schide wrote: »
    I'd say why can't Rock Band get the Hendrix pack if they can get the Killers pack

The dead frontman/namesake of The Killers hasn't been reanimated in GH:WT, for one.

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
    edited November 2008
    Texas flood needs to goddamn happen already.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

If they put out Jane's Addiction first, I'm going to kill something. Possibly myself. Or a spider.

Yeah if they put out Jane's Addiction next then they will have effectively saved the only 2 albums I really cared about until the very last.

midgetspy on
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    metaghost wrote: »
    I don't think anyone has posted this yet (and I'm kinda surprised considering...well, JCDI):
    Both Guitar Hero World Tour and Rock Band will add downloadable tracks from The Killers later this month, say Activision and Harmonix.

Each game will get three of the Las Vegas band's tracks on November 25, the day that its new album Day and Age hits stores.

You'll be able to download two singles from Day and Age ("Human" and "Losing Touch") on World Tour, as well as the classic "Mr. Brightside."

Representatives of MTV told Wired.com that three Killers songs would appear on the Rock Band music store on the same day: "Mr. Brightside," Smile Like You Mean It" and "Spaceman," the latter another new single from Day and Age.

OHHHH GOD I LOVE YOU

I skimmed over this at first glance and though it was the GH:WT pack thing again which I already saw, then I was like, "Wait, that didn't have Smile Like You Mean It."

I think what I'm trying to say is that this looks more like Jesus than I'll ever know.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wait, I thought the Killers pack was for Guitar Hero?

This is good news!

I do like that new "Human" song and hope it eventually makes it to RB.

Nimble Cat on
  • elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The AC/DC pack is not wal mart exclusive in Canada. I work at HMV and we have the PS2 version, though I havent seen the others.

elevature on
    edited November 2008
    midgetspy wrote: »

Yeah if they put out Jane's Addiction next then they will have effectively saved the only 2 albums I really cared about until the very last.

I don't even like No Doubt very much, so I'm sure Texas Flood will be after that. And probably after at least 1-2 albums that haven't even been announced yet.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    So I just finished the 93 song Infinite '00s challenge... Yeah... Don't think I'll be tackling the ESL2 for a while. Or playing Rock Band all weekend... My fretting hand is sore and feels like somebody new.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited November 2008

Thanks. Is this available in-store or online only? It suggests online but it isn't explicit about it. Anybody else know of any deals for MS points?

Both. The only other deal would be live cashback which isn't that great considering eBay sellers tend to charge more than retail for them. You could always stake out auctions, but they have to be BIN items to take advantage of it.

Shady3011 on
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    wow sooo much DLC

troublebrewing on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    the weeaboo in me wants to import rock band japan if it ever comes out

dunno if the soundtrack will be stellar yet though, any news?

Local H Jay on
    edited November 2008
    Okay guys so I just found out that I really like singing songs that I can sing.

And by that I mean songs that are in my range.

Things like Oasis, Radiohead, and the Who all fit nicely into my range. Some RHCP stuff too (like Under the Bridge).

I want advice - what songs should I try that have similar ranges to those songs? I can hit pretty much anything in the game, but I hate it that I have to use falsetto for most of it. It's so satisfying to be able to sing a song in its natural register.

I also like to sing mellow ballads along the lines of Don't Look Back in Anger and Behind Blue Eyes. Are there other ballads out there that I should give a try?

EDIT: Oh, just noticed your message HylianBunny. Sorry! Must have missed the message somehow. I think I've missed two of your messages now. :P

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What is this I hear about a Killers pack?!

"My. Brightside", "Smile Like You Mean It", and "Spaceman."?

Fuck yeah.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • MorganMorgan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I want Texas Flood, now.

/le sigh

Morgan on
    Erandus is a douchebag