As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MotW 11/12/2008 - Wolverine AND Kingdom Come:Superman

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DiDio needs a puppy. Or a blowjob.

Nah, that shit already derailed Final Crisis.

Munch on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2008
    Munch wrote: »
    DiDio needs a puppy. Or a blowjob.

Nah, that shit already derailed Final Crisis.

wuh-ohhh

Garlic Bread on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fair point.

I wish I had a MotW, but everything I read just seemed off. Like it was consciously meaningless.

Crimsondude on
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The only thing worse than Blue Beetle ending is Blue Beetle ending with Brenda's death. I love the supporting cast of that book just as much as I love Jaime himself. I'll be gutted if "anger girl" dies at the end. And Paco a bad guy? No. No way. I can't even think about the guy who charged into a magic circle to rescue baby Alina from Eclipso as a cliche grief stricken out for revenge villain. Screw that.

Desktop Hippie on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's probably best to end on a dour note. Remember, I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice League ended with Max and Beetle standing together having a laugh, Ralph and Sue thinking about having a baby, Fire and Booster flirting, and Mary Marvel having dismissed the incredulous idea of her wearing bondage slut clothes.

Somewhere in the bowels of the DC offices there is a vast machine that consumes happy endings, expelling twisted lumps of melodrama and manufactured pathos.

Ted is dead. Move on.

Algertman on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I skipped Trinity because I didnt want to pay 2.99 a week for only 12 pages of Busiek/Bagely, the backups hold no interest for me.

But the "backups" are part of the main story.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh, wait. Psylocke was awesome in New Exiles. It's going to be a shame when they make Claremont give her back to the X-Office.

Crimsondude on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2008
    The only time I don't like the Trinity back-up is when it's Scott McDaniel on the art. When it's Mike Norton the back-up looks better than the main story

Garlic Bread on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The only thing worse than Blue Beetle ending is Blue Beetle ending with Brenda's death. I love the supporting cast of that book just as much as I love Jaime himself. I'll be gutted if "anger girl" dies at the end. And Paco a bad guy? No. No way. I can't even think about the guy who charged into a magic circle to rescue baby Alina from Eclipso as a cliche grief stricken out for revenge villain. Screw that.
    Noo, I like new Blue Beetle.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    edited November 2008
    Algertman wrote: »
    Ted is dead. Move on.

Man, this week I'm pissed off about Connor Hawke becoming some weird Wolverine/Plastic Man hybrid. Keep up.

Anyhow, some of my moments of the week, as well as a few from last week I forgot to scan.

Kingdom Come Special: Superman
    KingdomComeSuperman1.jpg
    Lois Lane to Joker: "Fuck. You."

Marvel Zombies #2
    MarvelZombies2A.jpg

El Diablo #3, which I highly recommend to anyone that would be interested in a supernatural/superhero/crime book.
    ElDiablo3A.jpg

ElDiablo3B.jpg

ElDiablo3C.jpg

ElDiablo3D.jpg

ElDiablo3E.jpg

Secret Six #3 continues to entertain. After purchasing the Vengeance of Bane one-shot as a kid, and reading it countless times, I became a huge fan of the character. Simone's really nailing his characterization, playing him up as a strong, moral kind of man, and not just a thug. She's also given him a hilarious little quirk, where he exerts a kind of unwanted paternal influence over Scandal Savage.

Also? The art in Secret Six is just fucking beautiful. You can already see how far Scott has come since her stint on Birds of Prey, and Doug Hazlewood (inks) and Jason Wright (colors) have really pushed her stuff to a new level.
    SecretSix3A.jpg

SecretSix3B.jpg

SecretSix3C.jpg

Munch on
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, Nicola Scott's are is just like "damn" now. And it was pretty good when she was on Birds.

I love the card deal. I suspected something similar
    I thought it was a "get out of jail free" card, but "get out of hell free" is so awesome

Garlic Bread on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm going to try and post Millar's could-have-been magnum opus first draft Civil War story tomorrow or Sunday. Should I post it on a new thread or just here? It's only six pages long.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh, wait. Psylocke was awesome in New Exiles. It's going to be a shame when they make Claremont give her back to the X-Office.

Exiles needs to be razed and then started over again in a year or so. They've got at least 3 different subplots of characters dealing with their internal demons (which is totally ruining Sage as a character by shooting her confidence to hell) and it's getting to the point where I don't even know if they're doing universe saving anymore.

Scooter on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    just read action comics 871.
    since when did nightwing have tacticle-telekinesis?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    He doesn't. It's not Dick Grayson, but someone taking advantage of Kandor/Superman mythology.

TeaSpoon on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's Booster Gold.

Bloods End on
    edited November 2008
    oh i was hoping is was conner

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    At best it's some kind of Doppelganger.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited November 2008
    Conner wasn't Kryptonian. No one in Kandor even knows about him. It's not Conner.

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    Conner wasn't Kryptonian. No one in Kandor even knows about him. It's not Conner.

i was thinking clone or something not kryptionian.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Conner was a clone.

Bloods End on
    edited November 2008
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Conner was a clone.

i know this

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited November 2008
    You're a clone.

Bloods End on
    edited November 2008
    Bloods End wrote: »
    You're a clone.

I'm Conner.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Match is a clone of a clone

Garlic Bread on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2008
    I thought it was Connor, not Conner

DJ Eebs on
    edited November 2008
    Nope, it's Conner

It's Connor Hawke

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2008
    that's stupid, nobody spells connor with an e!

DJ Eebs on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Between being grown in a vat and never receiving a proper education, it's no wonder Kon-El never learned how to spell.

And he never will.

Robos A Go Go on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    WHERE IS SARAH CONNOR

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
    edited November 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conner_McKnight

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2008

Conner McKnight (or Connor McKnight) is the main character in the television series Power Rangers: Dino Thunder of the Power Rangers. He was played by James Napier.

DJ Eebs on
    edited November 2008

Conner McKnight (or Connor McKnight) is the main character in the television series Power Rangers: Dino Thunder of the Power Rangers. He was played by James Napier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XPypiJYzXw

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2008
    well he spelled connor entirely wrong

DJ Eebs on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So what you're saying is...
    You have seen this boy?
    2zgdpw9.jpg

Algertman on
    edited November 2008
    Nogs wrote: »

It's worth pointing out that the only reason Conner had tactile telekinesis was because Superman, just like all other kryptonians empowered by a yellow sun, has it.

Munch on
    edited November 2008
    Nogs wrote: »

It's worth pointing out that the only reason Conner had tactile telekinesis was because Superman, just like all other kryptonians empowered by a yellow sun, has it.

More specifically (since someone will probably ask)
    When Project Cadmus obtained Superman's body they examined it very closely and discovered that Superman had a bionetic-forcefield completely surrounding his body. This forcefield was what made Superman invulnerable, kept him from getting dirty and allowed him flight through a kind of "self-telekinesis". Project Cadmus was able to manipulate this field into Superboy's power source which was converted into his Tactile Telekinesis

Garlic Bread on
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nightwing did announce his power, though. I'd be interesting to see if he keeps explaining how his power works, even though everyone already knows. That might be a clue. Or something.

TeaSpoon on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think it's pretty obvious this new Nightwing guy is a sort of metakryptonian.

Furu on
    edited November 2008
    They should have had Flamebird have flame vision so people would think she was Linda Danvers!!

Garlic Bread on