As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ROCK BAND 2: Use the new thread

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    No clue how the vocals for Police Truck will work, sad that it will be another Sir Psycho Sexy.

A HMX guy said there's only 4 censored words in the song.

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Mr. G wrote: »
    No clue how the vocals for Police Truck will work, sad that it will be another Sir Psycho Sexy.

A HMX guy said there's only 4 censored words in the song.

Here's probably the offending section(s):
    Pull down your dress heres a kick in the ass
    Lets beat you blue til you shit in your pants
    Dont move, child got a big black stick
    Theres six of us babe, so suck on my dick

And ride, ride how we ride
    Lets ride, lowride

The left newspapers might whine a bit
    But the guys at the station they dont give a shit
    Dispatch calls are you doin something wicked?
    No siree, jack, were just givin tickets
    I've bolded what I'd expect those words to be. It depends on the version they get, however.

Holiday in Cambodia is probably trickier. One word for sure. But it depends on how they view the phrase 'kiss ass (while you bitch)'. California Ãœber Alles is surprisingly clean and if they let the lyrics to Get Clean go through, there shouldn't be any problem.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I went ahead and installed RB2 onto my hard drive. I'll let you guys know if there's any improvement at all.

Shady3011 on
  • ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It seems crazy to me that the game doesn't read off the console's parental settings and censor on the fly.

This is a piece of equipment with the computational power to calculate to calculate the trajectories of several intercontinental missiles, yet they don't let it censor on the fly. I'm sure it's some political bullshit with the ESRB, especially after Hot Coffee, but still. Ugh.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
    edited November 2008
    I don't want my 360 to be self aware.

Shady3011 on
    edited November 2008
    Anyone up for playing? I'm on right now doing guitar.

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
    edited November 2008
    Installing to the hard drive pretty much removes all loading times. Seriously, it takes about 3 seconds to start a song once you choose it. The start up is also faster. Pretty much, if you are going to play RB2 for the long haul (I'm sure everyone in this thread will), you should install RB2 to your hard drive when NXE hits Wednesday.

I have no idea if this improves online loading times. It might if I could find others who also got in early on NXE and have the game installed to the hard drive.

Shady3011 on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    As requested, here's "Behind Blue Eyes" and " Psycho Killer."
    I honestly have no shame and I still have a laugh seeing this run on "Screaming for Vengeance".
    Oh yeah and a big F U to Shady. Not only did he convince me to get Screaming for Vengeance, he also has NXE early.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Mr. G - do you need someone else? I can drum or (occasionally) vocals. :P

Hylianbunny on
    edited November 2008
    Arikado wrote: »
    I honestly have no shame and I still have a laugh seeing this run on "Screaming for Vengeance".

I laughed too. :lol:
    Oh yeah and a big F U to Shady. Not only did he convince me to get Screaming for Vengeance, he also has NXE early.

I love you too. <3

Shady3011 on
    edited November 2008
    Uh, I might or might not have gotten RB2 SE for free.

Shady3011 on
    edited November 2008
    You might or might not wake up tommorow.

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
    edited November 2008
    Shady3011 wrote: »

Did someone not charge you or credit you improperly? :P

Arikado on
    edited November 2008

Did someone not charge you or credit you improperly? :P

Remember when FedEx didn't know how to deliver stuff to my house and ended up returning to sender? Well, for some reason Amazon thought I refused the order. That's why today I found a gift card in the amount for the SE minus shipping in my mailbox.

Keep in mind, I did this through eBay and not Amazon, but the seller used Amazon to get me the item for whatever reason. He never refunded my payment since I just asked him to reship it.

Shady3011 on
  • TacoManTacoMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    TRU has buy one get one half off on accessories today and part of tomorrow. You can also take advantage of it online. Singing up for TRU Rewards program (it's free) gets you free shipping apparently.

Thanks. Is this available in-store or online only? It suggests online but it isn't explicit about it. Anybody else know of any deals for MS points?

I hesitate to post this in response because it makes me feel like a douche who simply came up to you and said, "Why don't you just buy a lotto ticket, seriously, there's always a chance!"

"Want to play a game of Lucky Hit?"
    20080818shenmuenl9.th.jpgthpix.gif

TacoMan on
  • JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    TacoMan wrote: »
    TRU has buy one get one half off on accessories today and part of tomorrow. You can also take advantage of it online. Singing up for TRU Rewards program (it's free) gets you free shipping apparently.

Thanks. Is this available in-store or online only? It suggests online but it isn't explicit about it. Anybody else know of any deals for MS points?

I hesitate to post this in response because it makes me feel like a douche who simply came up to you and said, "Why don't you just buy a lotto ticket, seriously, there's always a chance!"

"Want to play a game of Lucky Hit?"
    20080818shenmuenl9.th.jpgthpix.gif

Too bad you can't buy a bigger HDD with MS points.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You know, we need Kurenai by X Japan badly. I bet that its going to be a last tier song in Rock Band Japan if it ever comes out.

BlindPsychic on
  • TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Gotta a quick question about battle of the bands. If its a band challenge, and I'm just by myself on drums, I have no chance to place high right? Or do they break it down for the leaderboards and friends list by how many people/what instruments are being played for the challenge.

Thx

Tommatt on
  • JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Gotta a quick question about battle of the bands. If its a band challenge, and I'm just by myself on drums, I have no chance to place high right? Or do they break it down for the leaderboards and friends list by how many people/what instruments are being played for the challenge.

Thx

There are different types of challenges. If it's ranked by score, then playing solo you really don't have a chance. However, many of them are ranked by star count, giving you a shot at getting kinda close to the top. Though, due to star power bonuses full bands still have the upper hand.

Theres no seperate leaderboards depending on what instrument combination your band consists of, though.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That's actually what bugs me most about score tracking and stuff in this game. It just pisses me off so bad when they try to compare things that are not comparable. Like in quickplay guitar and bass scores overlap. Why? They are not even remotely comparable! Scores from different difficulties overlap! In band quickplay, 4 man band scores overlap 3 man band scores. What the hell is the point? They have enough storage on the box to store scores separately for each combination, I wish they would just do that.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
    edited November 2008
    Well...there are the Leaderboards but yeah, I agree with your point about Quickplay scores.

Arikado on
  • bigwordsconfusebigwordsconfuse Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    arikado you up for any RB?

bigwordsconfuse on
    Xbox Gamertag: JosephStahlin
    PSN ID: Joseff_stalin
    Steam ID: Joseff_stalin (man, what an unhealthy trend of handles..)
    edited November 2008
    My sister is Score Dueling and I'm busy on my PC at the moment. Might hop on later on.

Arikado on
    edited November 2008
    ahh kk

bigwordsconfuse on
    edited November 2008
    HOLY SH**!
    I AM SCORE DUELING YOUR SISTER

caps but still

bigwordsconfuse on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I need to get a camera and start doing some youtube stuff.

I have absolutly no shame, I'd gladly sing the entirety of the Screming for Vengence album. Can't promise I'd score as high as Arikado, but it would sound just as funny.

I'm a master of Riding On the Wind, it is my prefered method of torture whenever I have friends over and they want to play something I suck at.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's been scientifically proven that Riding on the Wind has the most ridiculous vocals on the entire album. Ridiculously awesome.

One Thousand Cables on
  • MorganMorgan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    HOLY SH**!

caps but still

She kicked your ass didnt she?

Morgan on
    Erandus is a douchebag
    edited November 2008
    Morgan wrote: »
    HOLY SH**!

caps but still

She kicked your ass didnt she?

I won by about 10k on where did you go~

bigwordsconfuse on
    edited November 2008
    I dunno. She's been switching between the RB2 Strat and the RB1 Strat, totally convinced its the guitars that are making her lose.

Arikado on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I dunno. She's been switching between the RB2 Strat and the RB1 Strat, totally convinced its the guitars that are making her lose.

I thought RB 2 Strat > RB 1 Strat?

By the way, I might have gotten better but I'll be the first to admit Hyperspeed IS a cheat. GG&HT is so much easier with higher speed. I finally was able to see clearly the gap on the stairs of Solo 2 H. I still only get an 86% of notes but it's so much cooler now.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Scores w/ Breakneck Speed on count, therefore, not cheat.

Not all game modifications are cheats, I know a couple of people that suck severely under breakneck speed but can tear shit up on normal speed. It all depends on how you play and how your mind works, if it's a help or a hindrance.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited November 2008

I thought RB 2 Strat > RB 1 Strat?

By the way, I might have gotten better but I'll be the first to admit Hyperspeed IS a cheat. GG&HT is so much easier with higher speed. I finally was able to see clearly the gap on the stairs of Solo 2 H. I still only get an 86% of notes but it's so much cooler now.

Yes, but she's convinced the blue and orange fret flicker during sustains on the RB2 Strat and I'm awaiting the RMA to arrive. The RB2 Strat still works fine but she's gotten so used to the RB2 Strat that she can't pull off HOPO strings as easily on the RB1 Strat.

Arikado on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Not all game modifications are cheats, I know a couple of people that suck severely under breakneck speed but can tear shit up on normal speed. It all depends on how you play and how your mind works, if it's a help or a hindrance.

I suppose. It just feels retardly easier now. Also, I know I won't be able to pull off some of the stuff I do in hyperspeed during band play. Drums on Hyperspeed is just a big no no.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited November 2008
    I suppose. It just feels retardly easier now. Also, I know I won't be able to pull off some of the stuff I do in hyperspeed during band play. Drums on Hyperspeed is just a big no no.

Yeah, breakneck during band play is really hard to get used to, so much so that I usually just say fuck it and go without. It only really effects my solo percentages, although there are a couple of main riffs I can only keep a combo on with breakneck engaged (Panic Attack, Visions, and Sleepwalker).

As for breakneck and drums, I tend to agree, but again there are some exceptions. I can do far better in more complex songs (i.e. Constant Motion, most of the Who pack, etc...) with it on, but I loose my streak really easily in more constant single beat songs (Think I'm Paranoid, Gimmie Shelter, etc...).

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wow Arikado, you can certainly hit any note if you have to :winky:

quovadis13 on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

I do just about as well with it on as with it off. Breakneck would probably help for Mike & Ike vomit (a la Visions) but I play better overall when I can see the notes ahead of time. Connecting online with somebody who has breakneck turned on throws me off for a bit. I'd like for such settings to be dependent on the individual settings. Though I don't know if that would be feasible.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hyperspeed is one of the few areas GHWT has a clear leg up on RB. You can set it to different values for different instruments and it saves it so you don't have to turn it on every time you start the game up.

glithert on
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm kinda got use to using breakneck on multiplayer RB. GHWT, I have to turn down the value from 3 to 1.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    we need... way more tenacious D.

Feels Good Man on