As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

get your fresh, hot steaming piles of [CHAT]

• Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    NeoRedXIII wrote: »
    That'd make for one hell of an awesome piercing ornament.

Edit: Actually, that's one amazing idea. I think I might actually get my septum pierced. Forbe, I need you to make a set of custom mustaches similar to that one that could be placed in my nose. Let's start a revolution!

Now I want to do this too.

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I bought myself a pair of those when I was 19. I did the same thing.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Shiboe wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone tonight being affected by the fires in So Cal. I'm just sitting around waiting to be evac'ed at my Mom's place, took a few pictures outside but was told to leave by firefighters so didn't get much.

Very surreal when it's you next to a wild fire.

Well I hope you've had enough time to pack all your valuables I hate the fire myself but I'm in watching view and not in danger zone. Sucks that your house will probably burn down to the ground though.

Edit: I can just feel george bush being like "Ohhhh my gawd.... Can I please just stop being president now."

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I had to evacuate during the San Diego fires...it sucked.

rts on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Good point, better to just edit this and go to the doodle thread. rofl

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think you might have better luck in the doodle thread, dude.

Virum on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh man, just got done with the first layer of felt, covering the armature.

By tomorrow I'm gonna have myself a red 'stache.

photo44qh0.jpg

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    You know when you first posted that nose clamp I thought you meant you were casting a stache. You know. Like out of sweet metal. Im disappointed you dont have a curly golden Mustache, and you should make that happen.

Iruka on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Iruka wrote: »
    You know when you first posted that nose clamp I thought you meant you were casting a stache. You know. Like out of sweet metal. Im disappointed you dont have a curly golden Mustache, and you should make that happen.

See, that's what I thought, too.

The felt should just be the practice before it's made completely out of metal.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    ShiboeShiboe Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Loomdun wrote: »
    Shiboe wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone tonight being affected by the fires in So Cal. I'm just sitting around waiting to be evac'ed at my Mom's place, took a few pictures outside but was told to leave by firefighters so didn't get much.

Very surreal when it's you next to a wild fire.

Well I hope you've had enough time to pack all your valuables I hate the fire myself but I'm in watching view and not in danger zone. Sucks that your house will probably burn down to the ground though.

Edit: I can just feel george bush being like "Ohhhh my gawd.... Can I please just stop being president now."

That was a pretty cold statement... Thankfully my mother's house should be safe, we were fortunate. Many others were not.

Shiboe on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh thats great, my bad about sounding cold i'm just naturally a douche because I don't really know what sounds rude or polite.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Does anyone else have this problem:

Whenever I listen to old music from various periods of my life, my whole mind is filled with exactly how everything felt in that period of time, and it's really overwhelming, and it's like "Woah, I'm not that person anymore and that's not what I think/feel."

And I know, it sounds like just nostalgia, but I think I've got something crazier going on, because I don't know anyone who freaks out like I do. It's like...really overwhelming. And it all comes down to indiscriminate 2-6 week periods where I listened to a few albums and now those albums are like keystrokes to call up a set of memories and feelings. It's like I have catalog in my head.

Except...maybe it doesn't last as long as I thought. There's a few periods that don't do much for me...maybe because I didn't reinforce those albums/songs months later...maybe because not much happened. I don't know. It's just really weird, and tends to make me really upset and really confuses me, especially when songs are mostly related to really shitty feelings, but the songs are really good.

I just don't get why I feel so much different than I did 4 weeks ago. Like, all the circumstances in my life (music, books, classes, tv, thoughts) all make me approach things in one way, and then I go on, and then it all changes. Even my priorities change, from politics to music to writing to whatever. My mind is out of control! For all I know, I'll be depressed next week and forget all the cool things I've learned this week.

What the balls? Life is weird.

I wonder if I can...re-establish the songs to new memories and overwrite the old ones? Hmm...no, I spent the whole summer listening to 4 albums, and depending on which memories I want to feel I can choose which affiliation to focus on. I guess I have a really good memory, but only in regards to myself and events that happened to me, and not with a lot of things that matter...so it doesn't seem to be useful for much of anything except for my own self. I guess it might make it easier to write a biography...

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Whenever I hear Foreigner I feel like I am playing ping pong suddenly.

rts on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Holy shit. I'm drunk. And suddenly fake felt beards/ mustaches is the best idea EVER.

Shame I've already got a real one.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    SPEAKING OF!

One man's quest for all the different beard types:

http://www.dyers.org/blog/beards/beard-%20types/

[edit] BEARD TOTP! YEEESSSSS

NightDragon on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I can't stop watching this XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1YJbCftjBI

DeeLock on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Guys. Moving sucks. Especially when you have to haul several dozen heavy boxes and pot-plants up three stories.

I'm beat. :|

Flay on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    hohoho, did you mean potted plants? :lol:

NightDragon on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited November 2008
    Man, I just beat every level in World of Goo. Time to go try to get all of the OCD's. After I sleep.

Grifter on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If Flay is moving into a three level house, i have to wonder what is in those pots...

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    ASSISTANCE REQUIRED!

I'll be redesigning my website over break, hopefully...along with a new logo...and I get to print BIZNISS KARDZ. WOOT!

What do you guys think about this as far as a color palette goes? The background will be the light grey, the "content box o' stuff" will be the dark charcoal blue/grey and dark teal...accents and text are the others. Light green is Nav bar words...so dominating colors will be the dark charcoal/blue, dark teal, and light grey.

It'll probably look different against the forum blue...maybe open it in a new window?

COLORPALETTE.jpg

I tried to pick colors (and have the dominating ones) not be over-done as far as saturation - a lot of the pieces 'll be posting on my site will have color, and I don't want too much "clashing". Also, for the past year I've had an idea about the colors I'll use for my business card...and I've found I'm really drawn to the charcoal as a background, with the various blue/teal for accents and text.

I'll make a quick template thing to give an idea of the basic layout...

LAYOUTSMALL.jpg

It'll be a bit more complex that that....large image on top, some pattern in the grey background...etc.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I don't have much to say, only that I feel exactly like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzRRVOFNiZ0

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    How tall is that large image at the top supposed to be? Unless it's going to be used as functional space (putting picture thumbnails or text over it), it seems kind of proportionally awkward to spend your first 1/3rd of the main space in there on something that doesn't really do anything.

Oh yeah I'm 25 today. :?

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Happy Birthday!
    PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.gif

Tam on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Bacon, ¡¡¡Feliz Cumpleaños!!! I'll be by your house with hot girls and puppies soon.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    gasp, my birthday speaking of birthdays, is in 11 days.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    Happy Birthday, Ahab. You'll get that whale yet.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    How tall is that large image at the top supposed to be? Unless it's going to be used as functional space (putting picture thumbnails or text over it), it seems kind of proportionally awkward to spend your first 1/3rd of the main space in there on something that doesn't really do anything.

Oh yeah I'm 25 today. :?

Happy Day of Birth, Oldie! :P

(and yeah, the thumbnail is meant more as a "this is how to colors will be distributed" rather than actual dimensions).

NightDragon on
  • Options
    exitexit Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    so uh

hey, how's it goin :o

exit on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    exit wrote: »
    so uh

I don't recognize you, but I'm sure one of the other regulars will and be "omg", if this is one of those "o hai, been gone for awhile" posts..........but I still feel obligated to say "welcome back" if that's the case, hahaha.

~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, I downloaded a lot of music the other day that's FANTASTIC, and I'm so happy....I have no idea how I didn't have this music on my HD earlier - I've heard a lot of it, knew I liked a lot of it, I just never *got* it. There's also crazy-lots of bands/musicians I've never heard of that I ADORE. Thank you Pandora! :)

Don't have any, started downloading some Interpol, Radiohead, Pinback (just discovered this one two weeks ago), etc

I still need to download a lot more from those guys, and from more bands I'm realizing I don't have but enjoy.....alas, the only way for me to get musics is to wait for my stepfather's "iTunes allowance" for me to come in once a month. :P It covers 10 songs, but I usually have a running list of about 20 that I want, hahaha.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    exit wrote: »
    so uh

I don't recognize you, but I'm sure one of the other regulars will and be "omg", if this is one of those "o hai, been gone for awhile" posts..........but I still feel obligated to say "welcome back" if that's the case, hahaha.
    ki~ind of. i only posted in here like three times. i was a g&t person. i think the only one who mi~ight recognize me is orikae :x

but i think i'm going to try posting here more! even if you people do scare me D:

exit on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What can I say, we're scary people. Just look at our avatars, except for Tam. Don't look at that one.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    yeah i remember you, post some art :)

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    i will i will i will

exit on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    My only kind request of you strange and mysterious person is to deliver me a bottle of delicious expired medicine.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    actually i think i still have some oxycodone from like a year and a half ago

exit on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'd prefer vodka... but that's just me.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited November 2008
    k mail that to me now you have to figure out my address though. I'm to lazy to type it.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    i'll just write down 'dude on the internet that needs these'

i trust our postal service

exit on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Just put it in the tube, it'll know what to do.

Mustang on
This discussion has been closed.