As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ROCK BAND 2: Use the new thread

• HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I was just thinking 'it's depressing that I won't get to play Beelzeboss in Rock Band."

Proooobably not safe for work.

Hylianbunny on
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    we need... way more Flight of the Conchords.

Fix'd for better quality humor.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Antihippy wrote: »
    we need... way more Flight of the Conchords. not really tho, Tenacious D would be more fun yall
    dumbed down for better quality humor at the cost of fun.

Tenacious D is/would be actually pretty fun to play. Don't even begin to imagine that any FotC song would be nearly as fun as say, Tribute.

or wonderboy or anything actually

Feels Good Man on
  • aldo37aldo37 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    TRU has buy one get one half off on accessories today and part of tomorrow. You can also take advantage of it online. Singing up for TRU Rewards program (it's free) gets you free shipping apparently.

Thanks. Is this available in-store or online only? It suggests online but it isn't explicit about it. Anybody else know of any deals for MS points?

Both. The only other deal would be live cashback which isn't that great considering eBay sellers tend to charge more than retail for them. You could always stake out auctions, but they have to be BIN items to take advantage of it.
    Thanks Shady. I'll go to a local TRU and check it out.

And Smug Duckling: Have you tried tightening your diaphragm to reach higher notes whilst singing? It usually helps me.

There is a seller with 4000 point cards for $42 buy it now. Used the MS 25% cashback to get 10.50 off so you get 4000 points for around $33. Not too bad.

aldo37 on
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I was just thinking 'it's depressing that I won't get to play Beelzeboss in Rock Band."

:whistle:Check this riff, its fucking tasty!:whistle:

quovadis13 on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    aldo37 wrote: »
    TRU has buy one get one half off on accessories today and part of tomorrow. You can also take advantage of it online. Singing up for TRU Rewards program (it's free) gets you free shipping apparently.

Thanks. Is this available in-store or online only? It suggests online but it isn't explicit about it. Anybody else know of any deals for MS points?

Both. The only other deal would be live cashback which isn't that great considering eBay sellers tend to charge more than retail for them. You could always stake out auctions, but they have to be BIN items to take advantage of it.
    Thanks Shady. I'll go to a local TRU and check it out.

And Smug Duckling: Have you tried tightening your diaphragm to reach higher notes whilst singing? It usually helps me.

There is a seller with 4000 point cards for $42 buy it now. Used the MS 25% cashback to get 10.50 off so you get 4000 points for around $33. Not too bad.

Wait wait wait. Does the TRU deal apply to Live points too?

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    quovadis13 wrote: »

:whistle:Check this riff, its fucking tasty!:whistle:

i don't know if I'd want to sing about KG getting filled with "Hot demon gel"...though in the privacy of my car I do anyway =3

toolbert on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So are the cymbal packs not being offered at Gamestop? I was in one last night and while the guy had heard that they were released, he doesn't know if/when his store will carry them.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ok, I can five star Battery but I can barely three star Mountain Song.

What the hell.

Mr Pink on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Mr Pink wrote: »

What the hell.

What difficulty?

And indeed, what the hell?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

What the hell.

What difficulty?

Hard.

I don't know, something about the chord changes in Mountain Song just screw with my brain. I can't figure it out, it's like I have some block on it.

Mr Pink on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

What the hell.

What difficulty?

Hard.

I don't know, something about the chord changes in Mountain Song just screw with my brain. I can't figure it out, it's like I have some block on it.

I figured it'd be something like that. I have a bigger problem with Battery just because of the strum rhythm. But then I'm talking about Expert. Sounds like Mountain Song is just hitting you where you're weakest.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • RonenRonen Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    More Killers tracks yesssssssssss; I was so sad when I saw the GTWT announcement first. So glad they picked Smile Like You Mean It for RB. The Wii version can't come soon enough. :(

Here's what pisses me off about the Wii version: the game (just disk) comes out December 16, as do the standalone drums and guitar. Yet, the Special Edition Bundle doesn't ship until December 30. Why do they forsake me so?

I could just pick up the RB1 Special Edition but I really want the new instruments. :(

Ronen on
    Go play MOTHER3

or Brawl. 4854.6102.3895 Name: NU..
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    we need... way more Flight of the Conchords. not really tho, Tenacious D would be more fun yall

Tenacious D is/would be actually pretty fun to play. Don't even begin to imagine that any FotC song would be nearly as fun as say, Tribute.

C'mon, you're saying

This.

Wouldn't be a blast to play?
    I agree.
    I'm pretty much a blind fanboy. :P

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • MorganMorgan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

C'mon, you're saying

Wouldn't be a blast to play?
    I agree.
    I'm pretty much a blind fanboy. :P

Anything those guys do would be hilarious. I'd prefer the song Bret sung to his girlfriend, I think it might hard to actually get through the song though, too busy in hysterics.
    Proud to be a kiwi

Morgan on
    Erandus is a douchebag
  • elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If we get any FotC, the first song has to be Business Time. Along with a business socks clothing option.

elevature on
  • Homestar GunnerHomestar Gunner Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ronen wrote: »
    More Killers tracks yesssssssssss; I was so sad when I saw the GTWT announcement first. So glad they picked Smile Like You Mean It for RB. The Wii version can't come soon enough. :(

Here's what pisses me off about the Wii version: the game (just disk) comes out December 16, as do the standalone drums and guitar. Yet, the Special Edition Bundle doesn't ship until December 30. Why do they forsake me so?

I could just pick up the RB1 Special Edition but I really want the new instruments. :(

There's no confirmed date for the disc or the bundle, though I'd bet on December 16th for both. At least I'm hoping for that, since I already put down $100 for it at Gamestop.

Good news, though: GH3 guitars work in the AC/DC pack that came out today. So if you can't wait another month for RB2, you can go pick that up.

Homestar Gunner on
  • ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Don't do it. In fact, I suggest you get GHWT for the Wii and buy Rock Band 2 as disc only.

(Note: I love the WT genericaster and the drum kit, and I have the 4 wii remotes to fill them all out. So I suppose YMMV contents may have settled, etc)

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • RonenRonen Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Don't do it. In fact, I suggest you get GHWT for the Wii and buy Rock Band 2 as disc only.

(Note: I love the WT genericaster and the drum kit, and I have the 4 wii remotes to fill them all out. So I suppose YMMV contents may have settled, etc)

An intriguing idea. I haven't tried any of the GHWT equipment. I've got plenty of Wiimotes, so that's not a concern. I need to find somewhere to try it out.

Ronen on
    Go play MOTHER3

or Brawl. 4854.6102.3895 Name: NU..
    edited November 2008
    ALABAMA GET AWAY GET-A-WAY ALABAMA GET AWAY GET-A-WAY ALABAMA GET AWAY GET-A-WAY ALABAMA GET AWAY GET-A-WAY ALABAMA GET AWAY GET-A-WAY ALABAMA GET AWAY GET-A-WAY

This song is fun but god damn man

Feels Good Man on
  • Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Pretend We're Dead wins hands down as the boringest outro in the game.

Shady3011 on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    At least Alabama Getaway mixes up the pitches for the outro.

Pretend We're Dead does not.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
    edited November 2008
    I played Pretend We're Dead once and swore to myself never again

Feels Good Man on
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ALABAMA GET AWAY GET-A-WAY ALABAMA GET AWAY GET-A-WAY ALABAMA GET AWAY GET-A-WAY ALABAMA GET AWAY GET-A-WAY ALABAMA GET AWAY GET-A-WAY ALABAMA GET AWAY GET-A-WAY

This song is fun but god damn man

Alabama Getaway is a clear case of a song that is meant to fade out but, well, doesn't.

One Thousand Cables on
    edited November 2008
    Totally. Boston's "shrink and grow" gimmick rubbed me the wrong way, but holy shit when songs like Pretend We're Dead won't end it annoys me

I TOTALLY LOVE BOSTON DO NOT KILL ME

Also, today I've been playing guitar since I haven't touched the darn thing in months. I figured I would cramp again, but holy shit my frettin' hand is oh good lord

playing/learning Master Exploder first was a bad choice

Feels Good Man on
  • Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
    edited November 2008
    holy shit grabbin dat

actually I don't get paid til Wednesday. How long does this sale last. shit.

Feels Good Man on
  • midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If there are any other PS3 users out there waiting for the ION it's available for pre-order on their website now (https://www.drumrocker.com/order/index.php)!

midgetspy on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Meh, I can't stand the Xplorers after playing with the Strats for so long.
    Man six pages into the Rock Band thread before I post. Ouch.

DarkPrimus on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    that's a pretty good deal for a second guitar though

FyreWulff on
  • CymoroCymoro Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I don't see no damn free shipping, that's costing me $10 alone. What am I missing? D:

Cymoro on
    i am perpetual, i make the country clean
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wait, Rock Band 2 was out last week? Fucking A, it's my birthday on Wednesday.

Uhh, that and a proper mic. I'm not master explodering into my headset.

EDIT: DAMMIT GUYS ITS OUT ON THE 21ST

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Just noticed in the OP that the RMA section is worded strangely. The 60-day limit without receipt isn't stated, but the sentence "After that..." refers to it.

Noticed while trying to figure out what Willeth was talking about.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited November 2008
    yeah, i reckon its time to give the OP a little sprucin' up again

Arikado on
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Meh, I can't stand the Xplorers after playing with the Strats for so long.
    Man six pages into the Rock Band thread before I post. Ouch.

Rock Band has gone woefully unplayed for the past week or so in my house. :( I think Moss is going to come over and demand I give back my fanboy card soon. The precious little time I have to play has been divided between a ton of newer games, but I know RB will always be waiting for me when I return, like a patient lover.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fallout 3 tore me away from RB. It's the first game that was really able to do that for any appreciable period of time.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I haven't even open my copy of Fallout 3 yet. I was playing Animal Crossing: City Folk yesterday.

Shady3011 on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    My drum RMA taking 2 months tore me away from RB.

TODAY IS THE DAY

Sir Carcass on
  • midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wow RB thread on the second page of the forums, what's going on?

Anyway to anybody who's interested in this kind of thing, the Scorehero leagues are starting up again. Signups opened up this weekend and go until the end of the week I think:

http://www.scorehero.com/leagues (need to be logged in).

There's leagues for everything you can think of, all instruments from Medium to Expert, on-disc and DLC... if you like to compete I'm sure you can find something that suits you :0) I'm going to do the one-man band

midgetspy on
    edited November 2008
    I haven't looked up an OD path since RB2 came out.

Arikado on