As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Comics February Solicitations

Bloods EndBloods End Blade of TyshallePunch dimensionRegistered User regular
edited November 2008 in Graphic Violence
As always, full solicits on monday

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/081115-dc-solicitations-mar-09.html

rb_cv183.jpg

"OBIN #183
Written by Fabian Nicieza
Art and cover by Freddie E. Williams II
A “Batman: Last Rites” tie-in and featuring an “Origins and Omens” backup story! Gotham City has found a new hero and his name is Robin – but with a battle for Batman's cowl looming, is Tim Drake ready to become something more? Guest-starring Jason Todd and Lady Shiva. And don’t worry, this final issue doesn’t mark the end of Robin – it’s just the start of an all-new beginning!
FINAL ISSUE • On sale February 18 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US"

gl_cv39.jpg

GREEN LANTERN #39
Written by Geoff Johns
Art by Philip Tan & Jonathan Glapion
Cover by Ivan Reis & Oclair Albert
Variant cover by Rodolfo Migliari
"Agent Orange" Part 1 and featuring an “Origins and Omens” backup tale! As the orange light of avarice erupts in violence within the Vega System, the secrets of the Guardians' pact with the criminals of the universe that has kept the Vega System off limits is revealed. Hal Jordan comes face to face with the mysterious and immensely powerful Agent Orange in a bizarre confrontation.
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. For every 25 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Ivan Reis & Oclair Albert), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by Rodolfo Migliari ). Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale February 25 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

jsa_cv24var.jpg

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #24
Written by Geoff Johns & Jerry Ordway
Art and variant cover by Jerry Ordway
Cover by Alex Ross
“Black Adam and Isis” part 2 and featuring an “Origins and Omens” backup! The Justice Society faces off against a fully powered Black Adam and his wife, Isis, for control of the Rock of Eternity. But when Mary Marvel enters the fray, will she side with the Justice Society or join the Black Marvel family?
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. For every 10 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Alex Ross), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by Jerry Ordway). Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale February 25 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

jla_cv30.jpg

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #30
Written by Dwayne McDuffie
Art and cover by Ed Benes
Featuring an “Origins and Omens” backup story! Can the entire combined might of the Justice League of Amercia and Dr. Light stand up to the cosmic entity known as Starbreaker as he continues consuming the sun? Could this be another Final Night for the DC Universe?
On sale February 18 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Bloods End on

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I hate myself for not being able to resist reading these, even though they spoil current story arcs. Like the one for Action Comics.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Goddamn, why can't Benes draw like that all the time?

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fuck yes Dr. Light II!

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Agent Orange looks like an evil Alf.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2008
    Excuse me but it's spelled "Robin"

The R is right there on his chest

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Therefore putting another R would be edundant.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    Excuse me but it's spelled "Robin"

The R is right there on his chest

"Obin from now on.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That can't be Ed Benes. That looks like some kind of Simone Bianchi variant cover.

Lux on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2008
    JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #24
    Written by Geoff Johns & Jerry Ordway
    Art and variant cover by Jerry Ordway
    Cover by Alex Ross
    “Black Adam and Isis” part 2 and featuring an “Origins and Omens” backup! The Justice Society faces off against a fully powered Black Adam and his wife, Isis, for control of the Rock of Eternity. But when Mary Marvel enters the fray, will she side with the Justice Society or join the Black Marvel family?
    Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. For every 10 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Alex Ross), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by Jerry Ordway). Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.

Uh-oh!

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hmmm, will she be in the white costume, or the red?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    She had a black costume, too!

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Will her hair have grown back by then?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    She had a black costume, too!
    Yes, but everyone smart ignores countdown.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

This takes place before FC

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Robinson is writing ACTION COMICS now? What the fuck.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Uh-oh!
    :|

I can't wait until someone un-fucks the Marvel Family.

But hey, huzzah for more Dr. Light II. On the subject of Benes' art, I recently saw some of his work on a Thundercats mini-series, and it looked really, really slick. It makes me wonder if his work on JLA wouldn't benefit from an inker that doesn't try to make his work look as much like a Jim Lee knockoff as possible.

Munch on
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Didn't Didio say we were going post FC in Feb? Or was that March?

Rans on
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Munch wrote: »

But hey, huzzah for more Dr. Light II.

She's going to die.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I like her, and she was a member of iterations of both Doom Patrol and the Justice League that are unpopular with the current editorial regime.

So yeah, probably.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    ...Why does Dr. Light have a bulge?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Rans wrote: »

Didn't Didio say we were going post FC in Feb? Or was that March?

March. January is "Faces of Evil" month, February is "Origins and Omens" month, and then March is post-FC month

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    ...Why does Dr. Light have a bulge?

It's the Light switch, currently in the "On" position.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aah, Doctor Light II! She was in the first JLA I ever read. Man, I had no idea what was going on.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Aah, Doctor Light II! She was in the first JLA I ever read. Man, I had no idea what was going on.
    The first JLA I ever read began with her trying to fuck some werewolf or something. And a bunch of other fucked up stuff happened. And it turned out they were all robots.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The first JLA I ever read began with her trying to fuck some werewolf or something. And a bunch of other fucked up stuff happened. And it turned out they were all robots.

...Ultimates 3?

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Virral wrote: »

...Ultimates 3?
    No, this was in the early 90s.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

...Ultimates 3?
    This was my exact thought. Damn you.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    OK, that makes my 'sentient virus' issue sound fairly tame by comparison.

Still, I had no idea who the characters were. Having said that, it made more sense than the second DC book I read.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    OK, that makes my 'sentient virus' issue sound fairly tame by comparison.

Still, I had no idea who the characters were. Having said that, it made more sense than the second DC book I read.
    The only ones I recognized were Green Lantern and Flash. Which makes seeing Power Girl for the first time kind of unsettling, especially since I didn't know who she was..

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I tried to read Zero Hour pretty much only knowing who the Trinity were. D:

Wildcat on
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

...Ultimates 3?
    No, this was in the early 90s.

Hey! That was one of my first Justice League issues too!

Man that was fucking weird.

Rans on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    NIGHTWING #153
    Written by Peter J. Tomasi
    Art and cover by Don Kramer & Jay Leisten
    It’s the fateful, final “Batman” Last Rites” issue featuring an “Origins and Omens” backup! As Robin, Dick Grayson fought alongside Batman as part of the dynamic duo, the greatest crime-fighting team in history. As Nightwing, he teamed up with his peers to combat injustice in the Titans and the Outsiders. Now, Dick Grayson faces the most important battle of his life. Batman is dead. The Mantle of the Bat must be passed, but it will require all of Dick’s training and skills to carry out the last wishes of Bruce Wayne and protect Gotham City. Will it be enough to protect himself from the dangers that await him? Or is this the last the world will see of Nightwing?

uh-oh!

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    so8s4k.jpg

Creeper and Owlman is pretty cool

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    rr6qfs.jpg
    ADVENTURE COMICS #0
    Written by Otto Binder
    Art by Al Plastino
    Cover by Aaron Lopresti
    One of the cornerstone stories of the DCU is reprinted in this special issue priced at just $1.00 featuring an important “Origins and Omens” backup tale! To celebrate the upcoming ADVENTURE COMICS #1, we’re reprinting a Silver Age classic from the title’s prior volume — ADVENTURE COMICS #247, the first appearance of the Legion of Super-Heroes! Witness Superboy’s first encounter with three super-powered teens from the 30th Century – Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl! Featuring a new cover by Aaron Lopresti that’s an homage to the original!

So I guess they can use Superboy now or something? This, plus him being shown (and his name being said) in Titans #7 last week.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Darth NatDarth Nat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Creeper and Owlman is pretty cool

I'm sort of heartbroken that right when the book has a chance to get good, Batgirl apparently is no longer on the team. Girl just can't catch a break.

Darth Nat on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    xftfnq.jpg
    THE MIGHTY #1
    Written by Peter J. Tomasi & Keith Champagne
    Art by Peter Snejbjerg
    Cover by Dave Johnson
    Variant cover by Ivan Reis & Joe Prado
    Welcome to the world of The Mighty! Alpha One – America’s first and only Super Hero – is supported by Section Omega, an entire police force devoted to assisting him in his quest for justice. Lt. Gabriel Cole has worked his way up the ranks of Section Omega and his connection to Alpha One reaches back to his own tragic childhood and an accident nobody could have survived. But when murder strikes at the top of the organization, the case falls into his lap, and he’ll begin to learn what being a hero is really all about!
    Written by Peter J. Tomasi (FINAL CRISIS: REQUIEM, GREEN LANTERN CORPS) and Keith Champagne (WORLD WAR III) with gorgeous art by Peter Snejbjerg (STARMAN, THE LIGHT BRIGADE), this new ongoing series is not to be missed!
    2qlgzts.jpg
    R.E.B.E.L.S. #1
    Written by Tony Bedard
    Art and cover by Andy Clarke
    Variant cover by Andy Clarke
    The future is now in this all-new monthly series! Brainiac 2 is a hunted man. His cosmic police force safeguarded over 80 worlds until a mysterious adversary suddenly seized control. Now Vril Dox must recruit a new team to win back his command and free countless billions. But
    this time, he's basing his new group on the greatest heroes and villains of the 31st Century!
    Guest-starring Supergirl and The Legion of Super-Heroes!

hmmm these came out of nowhere

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Meh, brainy 2 <brainy 5

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    xftfnq.jpg
    THE MIGHTY #1
    Written by Peter J. Tomasi & Keith Champagne
    Art by Peter Snejbjerg
    Cover by Dave Johnson
    Variant cover by Ivan Reis & Joe Prado
    Welcome to the world of The Mighty! Alpha One – America’s first and only Super Hero – is supported by Section Omega, an entire police force devoted to assisting him in his quest for justice. Lt. Gabriel Cole has worked his way up the ranks of Section Omega and his connection to Alpha One reaches back to his own tragic childhood and an accident nobody could have survived. But when murder strikes at the top of the organization, the case falls into his lap, and he’ll begin to learn what being a hero is really all about!
    Written by Peter J. Tomasi (FINAL CRISIS: REQUIEM, GREEN LANTERN CORPS) and Keith Champagne (WORLD WAR III) with gorgeous art by Peter Snejbjerg (STARMAN, THE LIGHT BRIGADE), this new ongoing series is not to be missed!
    2qlgzts.jpg
    R.E.B.E.L.S. #1
    Written by Tony Bedard
    Art and cover by Andy Clarke
    Variant cover by Andy Clarke
    The future is now in this all-new monthly series! Brainiac 2 is a hunted man. His cosmic police force safeguarded over 80 worlds until a mysterious adversary suddenly seized control. Now Vril Dox must recruit a new team to win back his command and free countless billions. But
    this time, he's basing his new group on the greatest heroes and villains of the 31st Century!
    Guest-starring Supergirl and The Legion of Super-Heroes!

hmmm these came out of nowhere

I can't believe the Rann-Thanagar stuff is selling strong enough to warrant a new series - especially the same month that they're cancelling BLUE BEETLE.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    What are you talking about?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    REBELS is spinning out of the Rann-Thanager:Holy War series. Worse, it's a rehash of:

67862865024.0.GIF

67862865024.17.GIF

Think this iteration will last longer than 18 issues?

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg