As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MiniPhalla] Phallcatraz - Game Over! - Vigilante (Baddie) Victory

1789101113»

• Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You know I had pained lonely as a bad guy about two days ago. I'm disappointed in you all.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Gah, foiled again!!! Well played good sir, you have popped up on my radar now, but hardcore grudging probably won't take effect ... everything's ok and that's all that matters ... lol hot damn, well played and great game Laos, that was really a good time

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    GM Documents can be downloaded here.

The Role PMs:

Inmate
    You are an Inmate, one of the few prisoners remaining on this horrid rock. The Justice Department’s shutting down the hellhole you call home, and you couldn’t be more pleased. It’s about time you were freed from the dark ages and the tyrannical rule of Warden Johns.

Unfortunately, there exists among your fellow Inmates a number of murderous bastards, so dark that they cast the rest of you in a warm glow. The Department won’t let Johns shuttle you out of his prison until he has identified and “dealt with” those responsible for the recent rash of violent murders in the cells. Find the Vigilantes, Johns says, and you’ll find your escape from the Rock.

Each day you must vote in the thread in Bold Red for the Inmate you think is one of the Vigilantes and you wish to execute. Retractions can be made in Bold Lime but are not mandatory. If you have any questions, PM LaOs.

(If this is the only PM that you receive, you are simply a member of the general population.)

Snitch
    More than simply an Inmate, you are also a dirty Snitch. You’re a personal pet of Warden Johns and you love nothing more than making that man smile. You’re always funneling information to the Boss, which is what has enabled him to rule the Rock with an iron fist.

As a reward, Warden Johns will count your final vote for each day as double so that you may more quickly execute the Vigilantes in your midst.

Bubba
    However, you could never be just a simple Inmate, could you? No, you’re a big man, aren’t you? People respect you, maybe even fear you, but that’s the way you like it.

As the Bubba, you have a close relationship with your Bitch; you two can trust each other completely. ___ is your Bitch and, since you saved his ass in the yard, will do anything to keep you from harm. You’ve grown attached to your Bitch over the years and can’t bear to bring yourself to think about what might happen if the Vigilantes got their hands on him.

Bitch
    If only you were a simple Inmate, though—someone who could disappear in the safety of a crowd. Unfortunately, you’ve always stood out, and not in the good way. Luckily, here in this hell the call the Rock, you’ve managed to find a friend to look after you.

So what if ___, your Bubba, has made you into his Bitch? Bubba saved your ass in the yard and you owe him big time. This trouble with the Vigilantes has you worried, but you know you and Bubba can trust each other completely, and you would do absolutely anything to keep him from harm. Still, you can’t help but hope no one tries to hurt your Bubba and you can simply hide in the crowd.

Little Birdie
    And, if there ever was an Inmate with an eye for detail, it would be you. You’re the Little Birdie watching over everyone as they scramble around with their secret nightly meetings, killing off the competition, or simply cowering in their cells. You can see everything everyone does and no one seems to realize it!

Each night, PM LaOs the name of your target and you will watch for whatever actions that Inmate takes during the night.

File Thief
    But, while the Vigilantes stir up some confusion, you’re more than eager to take advantage of it. It was your sticky fingers that landed you on this godforsaken rock, and now that you’ve somehow managed to work your way into the Warden’s office janitorial staff, you’re ready to lapse into your File Thief ways.

Each night, PM LaOs the name of the personnel file you wish to steal. You will read their background information and learn whatever the Warden knows about them.

Agent
    Except you’re not actually an Inmate, are you? On special assignment from the Justice Department, you are an Agent sent to infiltrate Phallcatraz to discover the Vigilantes who have decided to take justice into their own hands. You have been tasked with “dealing with” the Vigilantes as well as doing whatever you can to protect the lives of the other Inmates. After all, the Department gets less funding if there aren’t as many prisoners locked up.

Each night, PM LaOs with a choice and a target; you must choose to either Guard your target or Kill your target. You may only do one action per night but there is no restriction on which action you can use which night.

Psychopath
    At least, that’s what it appears to everyone else. Deep down, you know you’re a Psychopath and you absolutely revel in the carnage going on around you. The Vigilantes, however, are becoming a nuisance, stealing all the easy prey before you get to cut their throats. Your ego can’t stand playing second fiddle any longer—you know what you must do.

Unfortunately, the stress has cracked you, and you think you’ve begun to grow paranoid. You are certain that there are Agents from the Justice Department amongst the Inmates, and you absolutely can’t stand the duplicity.

With paranoia fuelling your rage, you are a one-man killing machine. You will use anyone and everyone in your attempt to destroy the Vigilantes, but not before the insidious Agents have been dealt with.

Each night, PM LaOs the name of one target you would like to kill.

Vigilante
    Well, you used to be an Inmate, until you could stand no longer the atrocities your fellows had committed. That was when you decided to become a Vigilante.

You paired up with ___ so you would both have someone to watch your back while you took out the trash and attempted to rid the Rock of the worst of the rabble.

The two of you are not alone, however. Two more pairs, ___ and ___, and ___ and ___ share your disgust and are working to the same goals as you are. Each pair can only take care of one monster each night, but so long as one of you is alive, you will not rest until the Rock has been washed clean.

Each night, one member from each pair must PM LaOs the name of the target for that pair. LaOs will accept the last order received for each pair, but one pair cannot issue an order for any other pair.

Mechanics:

Order of Actions
    Agent Guard - 1
    Punk Sacrifice - 2
    Psychopath Kill, Vigilante Kills, Agent Kill - 3
    Bubba Revenge - 4
    Theft of File - 5
    Little Birdie Watching - 6
    Inmate Vote - 7

General
    The Vigilantes were grouped in three pairs. As each member of the pair died, the kill tied to that pair was removed from the game.

The Bubba/Bitch pairs were Masons. Also, if someone attacked the Bubba, the Bitch would have sacrificed his or herself to protect the Bubba. But, as we saw, if someone attacked the Bitch, the Bubba went into a vengeful rage and retaliated. In the case where a Vigilante pair attacked the Bitch, the Bubba target was RNG'd. The Bitch still died, though.

The Agents could choose whether to Guard a target or Kill a target each night. They chose killing every night except one.

The Little Birdie was an Action Seer. The File Thief was a Traditional Seer.

Since the Vote went last in the Order of Actions, if a player was killed any other way, their vote did not count. This didn't play into effect too much except for the last night, causing the tie that ended the game.

If there are any more questions, I'll be back later this afternoon/evening. Thanks for playing along, everyone. I hope you had fun.

LaOs on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hahaha, very nice. Great game LaOs, wonderful narrations!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wow, excellent game. I thought we had it there in the end. I don't know why I took my suspicion off of Lonely, maybe I posted when I was drunk the last two nights. I honestly can't remember.

Narrations were really good too, good job LaOs!

The Dagon on
    Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Micro wrote: »
    Our proboards were at http://pissedoffinmates.proboards.com/

I assume that we will need grundl to open them up.

Damn I'm so pissed I died night 1, who killed me? Proboards unlocked.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Thanks LaOs! My only regret was that my death ended the number of suggestive comments I could make to my beloved Bubba.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Micro wrote: »
    Our proboards were at http://pissedoffinmates.proboards.com/

I assume that we will need grundl to open them up.

Damn I'm so pissed I died night 1, who killed me? Proboards unlocked.

JPants beat you to shit after you stabbed his Bitch, Wildcat.

LaOs on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Grrr Araski I shall remember this.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hehehehehehehe

I died, but I died well, sort of....

At least we won.

woooo! Go me and my damned good aim!

Fantastic game LaOs, as always I loved your narrations.

lonelyahava on