As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Questions? Answers!- The General Questions Thread

1565758596062»

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Langly wrote: »
    Man has anyone read Soon I Will be Invincible? It is a pretty great novel that is about comic tropes and such.

I mean it didn't rock the literary world but it isn't bad

The part where he just can't help but almost keep blurting out his master plan had me in stitches.

Anyone got a more firm release date for the Farscape comics? So far all I've heard was november.

Bloods End on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Quick throwback to Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane: I'm kinda new overall, and never been thrilled by Spider-Man (though haven't actively disliked), but I'm liking Terry Moore. Would I like the new volume? Would I like the first volume if I like the new one?
    Yeah, the new stuff is pretty good, and if you enjoy that, you'll probably like the older stuff as well.

deadonthestreet on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    QUESTION: Should I be buying Magneto: Testament?

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Zeromus wrote: »

Absolutely

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Zeromus wrote: »

Absolutely

if and Lord, i Hope, when it comes out in hardcover, this story is an absolutely incredible buy.

delphinus on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So I recently read that Mr Terrific is the third smartest human in the DCU. Who is ahead of him? Lex Luthor and Batman? Man, I hope it is not Batman.

DouglasDanger on
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    On the subject of Batman, is there a more badass moment in Batman history than what's going on here at 0:50?

Death is Death. Does it matter who administers it?

Of course I'm being rhetorical as there's no defining moment in Batman's accomplishments. I just wanted to remind everyone how awesome the cartoon was. :(

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So I recently read that Mr Terrific is the third smartest human in the DCU. Who is ahead of him? Lex Luthor and Batman? Man, I hope it is not Batman.

I think it's futile to try to figure it out. There's way too many different kinds of smart in the DCU. Batman may be an extremely gifted tactician and detective, but I'm not sure if he's much of an inventor, given that he used to have a hunchbacked sidekick to make him stuff. Sure he's well-trained in hundreds of things, but he's definitely not as smart as say, Will Magnus, T.O. Morror, Professor Ivo, or dozens of other super-science types.

Munch on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, Mr. Terrific just says it to a) be modest and b) make people wonder who the top two are

Garlic Bread on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Munch wrote: »

I think it's futile to try to figure it out. There's way too many different kinds of smart in the DCU. Batman may be an extremely gifted tactician and detective, but I'm not sure if he's much of an inventor, given that he used to have a hunchbacked sidekick to make him stuff. Sure he's well-trained in hundreds of things, but he's definitely not as smart as say, Will Magnus, T.O. Morror, Professor Ivo, or dozens of other super-science types.

Batman made a robot that can kill any superhero - and he made it during his down time. How much downtime does Batman get?

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Munch wrote: »

Batman made a robot that can kill any superhero - and he made it during his down time. How much downtime does Batman get?

Yeah I am pretty sure that Batman is portrayed as pretty much one of the smartest humans on the planet. If he ever meets someone who has advanced a certain technology, he either already knows about it or catches on immediately. I mean, this is the guy who outsmarted Darkseid by adapting his own alien technology, then using it against him. He's a pretty quick study. (Also then he fucking punched Darkseid in the face)

Now, I'm not saying his character should necessarily be like that, but taken as a whole (the amount of physical arts he knows combined with his inventive and deductive abilities, plus his deep knowledge of the humanities) I'd say it's safe to assume that DC has shown him to be in at least the very top tier.

Also, I think it's pretty difficult or rather just a silly argument to claim or rank levels of intelligence. It isn't something you can easily show or prove, and that sort of thing just hedges writers in.

Langly on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2008
    I mean, this is the guy who outsmarted Darkseid by adapting his own alien technology, then using it against him. He's a pretty quick study. (Also then he fucking punched Darkseid in the face)

Written by Jeph Loeb; doesn't count

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2008
    David Aja is drawing the just-solicited next arc of DAREDEVIL.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    I mean, this is the guy who outsmarted Darkseid by adapting his own alien technology, then using it against him. He's a pretty quick study. (Also then he fucking punched Darkseid in the face)

I'm really tired of Batman being the best at damn near everything. It really takes the wind out of the sails of a lot of characters. I can see Batman maybe being the most well-rounded guy, or the guy with seemingly superhuman intuition or something, but him beating everyone at damn near everything is really getting old. I mean Batman is pretty much Lex Luthor, without the crazy, Mr Terrific, with a better costume, and Richard Dragon, without the cheesy 80s karate movie feel. It is tiresome.

DouglasDanger on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    YOU are tiresome

Be gone

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Keith wrote: »

I'm really tired of Batman being the best at damn near everything. It really takes the wind out of the sails of a lot of characters. I can see Batman maybe being the most well-rounded guy, or the guy with seemingly superhuman intuition or something, but him beating everyone at damn near everything is really getting old. I mean Batman is pretty much Lex Luthor, without the crazy, Mr Terrific, with a better costume, and Richard Dragon, without the cheesy 80s karate movie feel. It is tiresome.

Yeah, I wasn't really advocating this kind of stuff, just saying that it did happen.

I forgot that Loeb wrote batman/superman. I really don't like his stuff, but that scene where Batman punches Darkseid was pretty much the coolest. That there is some moxie.

Langly on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    NEW EXILES #18
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Pencils & Cover by TIM SEELEY
    FINAL ISSUE!

I hope you fuckers are happy.

Crimsondude on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am happy

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

No, Batman made a spy satellite. Max Lord and Checkmate made robots that can kill any superhero.

Munch on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    NEW EXILES #18
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Pencils & Cover by TIM SEELEY
    FINAL ISSUE!

I hope you fuckers are happy.

I'm ambivalent, being entirely uninvested in the series. My understanding is that Claremont is pretty much the thing that killed the series (and New Excalibur, while we're keeping score).

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    wait

new exiles lasted 18 issues?

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited November 2008
    wait

new exiles lasted 18 issues?

They had to let him tie up all the subplots from the first panel of issue 1

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    the last page of the book will just be a talking head in the bottom right hand corner surrounded by caption boxes giving a soliloquy about how awesome psylocke is.

it will set up a series of 16 minis.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Psylocke was decidedly more awesome to me when I was a young teen. Now, aside from the obvious, I'm not exactly sure what interested me about her. Maybe it was the generic ninja thing.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited November 2008
    the 2nd to last page was psylocke baking a cake and each panel has its own thought bubble where she describes in her thoughts every single thing she is doing.

and Psylocke was cool before she was a ninja

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    psylocke was never great

she was just the only exotic person on the team for so long

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited November 2008
    psylocke was never great

what about when she was white and pure

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    psylocke was never great

If she wasn't wearing that leotard and stabbing bitches with sais, I didn't care.

wwtMask on
    edited November 2008
    psylocke was never great

nobody cared about her then!

personally I think Psylocke's greatest hit was being on the team twice (her and Revanche)

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited November 2008
    180px-Psylocke_(Early_Costume)_003.jpg

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    psylocke was never great

nobody cared about her then!

personally I think Psylocke's greatest hit was being on the team twice (her and Revanche)

actually the 2 part story way back in Uncanny 212 and 213 where she and Wolverine fight Sabretooth was fucking badass.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    you know

I never liked Sabretooth

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited November 2008
    you know

I never liked Sabretooth

He was great back in those days when every other issue wasn't him fighting Wolverine.

I think that was like the first time they really threw down and it was fucking rad.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    That fight was great. Psylocke was an interesting character once upon a time.

Bogart on
    edited November 2008
    Did you know that Psylocke can manifest a TK dagger/sword/claw, the total manifestation of her telekenetic abilities? Did you? Did you know that?

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited November 2008
    no explain to me what she goes through mentally every time she does it

preferably in a caption box

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited November 2008
    I'm almost positive I remember a page from the UNCANNY 256-280 range that featured the same "manifestation" caption on the page three times. Maybe I'll try to find that today.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2008
    bah!

DJ Eebs on
This discussion has been closed.