As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND 2: Use the new thread

• Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ha ha. Scorehero leagues.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Also, Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3, and uhm...Football Manager 2009 have been/will be pulling me away from rockin' out for a while.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Pretty sure my hard drive is fucked. After all that disc scratching worrying, I got a new copy of RB2, and it was still insanely slow when loading up (Audio/Video settings and saved data), and it just hung up after all the band members picked the difficulties. The birds would fly through the screen and music would keep playing, but it was a solid minute and a half before it then went on to the 'loading' screen and then the song.

So I had a buddy bring over his XBox, and we used my hard drive on it. Same exact results. So I don't know what to do now. I have no idea how putting 2 discs in the tray at the same time could have any impact on the hard drive, but its hard to assume the hard drive issue happening right after that as coincidence.

The other odd thing is, other than the loading into "Fable 2 Pub Games", everything is totally fine. Other games and demos seem to play fine. So I'm guessing since Rock Band is so hard drive intensive (I have over 400 tracks), it's the only game I've noticed any slow down with and it's sooo significant.

Any ideas why it slows at that same point, every time? Also, I don't get song previews or album art for any DLC songs anymore. I just don't know why this wouldn't be crippling things like the Left 4 Dead demo, that plays off the Hard Drive, and has been fine....

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Arikado wrote: »
    Also, Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3, and uhm...Football Manager 2009 have been/will be pulling me away from rockin' out for a while.

Do you mean Soccer Manager 09?

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Pretty sure my hard drive is fucked. After all that disc scratching worrying, I got a new copy of RB2, and it was still insanely slow when loading up (Audio/Video settings and saved data), and it just hung up after all the band members picked the difficulties. The birds would fly through the screen and music would keep playing, but it was a solid minute and a half before it then went on to the 'loading' screen and then the song.

So I had a buddy bring over his XBox, and we used my hard drive on it. Same exact results. So I don't know what to do now. I have no idea how putting 2 discs in the tray at the same time could have any impact on the hard drive, but its hard to assume the hard drive issue happening right after that as coincidence.

The other odd thing is, other than the loading into "Fable 2 Pub Games", everything is totally fine. Other games and demos seem to play fine. So I'm guessing since Rock Band is so hard drive intensive (I have over 400 tracks), it's the only game I've noticed any slow down with and it's sooo significant.

Any ideas why it slows at that same point, every time? Also, I don't get song previews or album art for any DLC songs anymore. I just don't know why this wouldn't be crippling things like the Left 4 Dead demo, that plays off the Hard Drive, and has been fine....

It could be cache problems. Try deleting it if you can. Also, what do you mean by 2 discs in the tray? Like, did you put two discs into one drive at the same time?

For reference, my old 20 GB didn't give me any problems up until the point I switched over to a 120 GB which also has no problems.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    mantis23mantis23 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Heads up to anyone looking for a new hard drive. I saw the 120gb drives on clearance at target yesterday for 80 bucks.

I literally JUST purchased the 60gb deal at a closing circuit city, which means all sales are final, so I was a little bitter.

But it is a good deal if you need a new hard drive. Its very much YMMV, but it's worth looking into.

mantis23 on
    0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hmmm...I could use a larger drive, fo sho...

the Togfather on
    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hmmmmmm, PA Band enters the Scorehero leagues??????? Anyone interested????

It would probably be the same way as before, where band members are interchangeable. I have no intentions of us winning, just entering scores for the hell of it if we get 4 together.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    If it were a PA group, sure I could sub in and out with others as long as someone else is handling the logistics, sure.

Arikado on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    mantis23 wrote: »
    Heads up to anyone looking for a new hard drive. I saw the 120gb drives on clearance at target yesterday for 80 bucks.

I literally JUST purchased the 60gb deal at a closing circuit city, which means all sales are final, so I was a little bitter.

But it is a good deal if you need a new hard drive. Its very much YMMV, but it's worth looking into.

Holy shit. Amazon has them for $140. I'mma have to try my luck.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'd be down for such a thing when I'm available.

I absolutly suck at organization though, so someone else would probably need to handle cooridinating things.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    SkexisSkexis Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Welp, my RB1 bass pedal finally snapped.

I am cry.

Now I just need to ask for the RB2 set for christmas. I briefly considered getting the $300 Ion set, because it would last longer, and might inspire me to actually practice playing drums, but With the additions they made to the RB2 set, it should be good enough for my needs.

Skexis on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I still haven't played the 20 free DLC with a full band...

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have no problem submitting scores under the PAdrums account as long as people PM me them when you are done playing.

Edit: Already went ahead and registered for the RB2 Full Band and All DLC leagues. If we enter scores, great. If not, no big deal.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I still haven't played the 20 free DLC with a full band...

Hell, I've only played like 4 of the songs.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I wanna be your man
    Like a Fool
    Magnetic Baby
    Ashes to Fire

?????

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    bigwordsconfusebigwordsconfuse Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    prequel to the sequel :}

bigwordsconfuse on
    Xbox Gamertag: JosephStahlin
    PSN ID: Joseff_stalin
    Steam ID: Joseff_stalin (man, what an unhealthy trend of handles..)
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'd have to think I.V. was one of the four.

Schide on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I see what you did there...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Damn you Amazon.

Between me bitching about my XBox scratching my discs, my XBox loading slowly, my XBox not letting me play RB2 and this very second, I saw Amazon's "Road to Black Friday" deal of the day.

XBox 360 Pro (the one w/ a 60GB drive, Lego Indiana Jones and Kung-Fu Panda!) + Lego Batman + 1600 MS Points card = $299

It's one of those purchases that I'm SO excited about, but SO upset about at the same time. I have no money, but I now have a bigger hard drive and can kiss those stupid disc and hard drive problems goodbye.

Does this package come with the HD transfer stuff, or should I bug MS for that now, so it gets here before the new Box does? I am out of cash, so I picked the free shipping option, and it says it should SHIP on Nov. 24th, so I have time...

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Transfer cable only comes with the 120gb drive. You have to either find some other location to buy it from or bug MS for their free deal (it's on their website somewhere...).

And don't forget that if you do this, you'll want to do the license transfer as well.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Transfer cable only comes with the 120gb drive. You have to either find some other location to buy it from or bug MS for their free deal (it's on their website somewhere...).

And don't forget that if you do this, you'll want to do the license transfer as well.

Hmm - so how does the license transfer work? I sold the old weird box to my roomate (since it still works, he didn't care. We're just going to use this new box for Rock Band.). We shared the 20GB HD that was on that one.

So - since I downloaded all the stuff to that old XBox's 20GB, he will be able to still play all my songs and stuff? Or will the license transfer void all my stuff on his XBox? And I'm assuming the transfer will allow me to just transfer MY gamertag worth of stuff and leave his on that drive, correct?

mxmarks on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Hmm - so how does the license transfer work? I sold the old weird box to my roomate (since it still works, he didn't care. We're just going to use this new box for Rock Band.). We shared the 20GB HD that was on that one.

So - since I downloaded all the stuff to that old XBox's 20GB, he will be able to still play all my songs and stuff? Or will the license transfer void all my stuff on his XBox? And I'm assuming the transfer will allow me to just transfer MY gamertag worth of stuff and leave his on that drive, correct?

As I understand it, that's how it works. You have to log into Xbox LIVE using the appropriate gamertag on the 360 you wish to transfer the licenses to. The instructions for it are pretty straight forward, but you will need to be able to have a PC and the 360 connect to the internet at the same time.

I don't know about your friend's ability to continue to use the songs. It'll probably be as if the old Xbox was the second Xbox used to download the content and they'll need to be online. Though, if the HDD is broken, that may not make much of a difference.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

As I understand it, that's how it works. You have to log into Xbox LIVE using the appropriate gamertag on the 360 you wish to transfer the licenses to. The instructions for it are pretty straight forward, but you will need to be able to have a PC and the 360 connect to the internet at the same time.

I don't know about your friend's ability to continue to use the songs. It'll probably be as if the old Xbox was the second Xbox used to download the content and they'll need to be online. Though, if the HDD is broken, that may not make much of a difference.

Good point - he can still play games off in his room with the HD, and use the "account recovery" to add his songs to the band when we play Rock Band. But here's a weird thing...
    When the transfer is complete, the destination drive will contain all transferable files from the source drive. This includes your saved games and Xbox LIVE downloads. Additionally, the destination drive will contain its preloaded content. The contents of the source drive will be erased.

So basically I have to transfer all my saves and stuff via a memory card (which I dont own)? Because doing a mass drive transfer will wipe all his stuff from his drive? There's no way to do it via one gamertag?

Microsoft really has made this as difficult as possible for people who share XBoxes.

Anyways - sorry to derail. On to Rock Band related goodness...

Last night I was driving and realized that "Sister Christian" NEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS to be in this game.

mxmarks on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The transfer cable wasn't really meant for 360s with multiple profiles. You're much better off borrowing the largest MU you can find and transferring all possible game saves that way. Don't worry too much about the DLC because transferring the license would mean you'd have to re-download everything anyway (only difference is you'd be downloading the full file rather than the license proper).

But the benefit to the transfer cable is that it will transfer files that wouldn't normally allow it. It's really up to the both of you to decide what would be the easiest way to accomplish the task.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    BallmanBallman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Is anyone going to be online soon (or is on now)? I'm on drums right now, but I could switch to something else. I rarely play online, so I'll probably embarrass myself, but I'm tired of playing single-player only.

Anyone up for a game?

Ballman on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I could hop on guitar if you give me another 10 minutes.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I can perhaps sing

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Alright, I'll look for you both. No guarantees that I will be successful in this. Are you both friends of PA Rock Band?

Ballman on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I should be, if not my GT is feels good mang

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Invites have been sent to both of you.

Ballman on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Reinvite when you can, I managed to stumble on a guitar while looking for my mic and signed myself out in some weird ass completely random way

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    hahahaha after that livin' on a prayer I'm probably going to be talking like GOB from Arrested Development for a few days

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Quick question:

If the vocalist hits the chat button while singing, does it sound like out of sync garbage or is the latency generally good enough that you can enjoy each other's "enthusiastic" performances.

Or will this get said vocalist muted/ostracized.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Out of synch 90% of the time.

Arikado on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Because of audio lag, your singing will not sync up with the actual vocals on other people's 360s.

Which means everyone will hate you if you sing with the mic turned on.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    However, turning it on for the beginning of Blitzkrieg Bop and other such instances is not only not frowned upon, but actively encouraged.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Schide wrote: »
    However, turning it on for the beginning of Ballroom Blitz and other such instances is not only not frowned upon, but actively encouraged.

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Um...what the fuck why did I type the wrong song I was thinking of Ballroom Blitz because we just played that tonight.

Blasted matching alliterative song names!

Schide on
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think my Strat is on its way back. Gotta say, that was pretty good turn-around time. I think I sent it out...last Tuesday and it should get here around Wednesday. So...WHEEE!!

I seem to have done a turnaround on the Kennedys songs. Now I'm going to wait and see if the guitar charts are going to be interesting before I buy any of them.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png