As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Renee Montoya Presents the General Comics Question(s) Thread!

DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
edited November 2008 in Graphic Violence
Do you have questions about comic books? Are they kind of stupid? This is where you ask them!

Do you want to know when the Question became a lady? Do you want to know if Rorschach will be replaced by a lady in the eagerly awaited Watchmen 2: Alan Moore Finally Sells Out? This is your place!

This thread brought to you by Greg Rucka.

DJ Eebs on

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Question: can you think of a better title?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Should be titled "The General Comics Question Thread - the total focus of Geebs' mod abilities, in thread form".

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have a question: why haven't we had a Super Hero/Super Villain fight tournament this year?

Second question: why the hell did we not finish up the GV comic tournament? I still have my script from the third round sitting around.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Did anybody bring up today's Lying in the Gutter yet?

If any of it is true, holy shit is there some serious fuck ups going on in DC.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=18852

Notably: Robinson quitting due to argument with Didio and Didio ordering massive rewrites of the end of FC.

Rich is usually something like 60% right about things so at the very least things are a bit tense over there.

edit: ah i see it being discussed in that OTHER thread. okay!

Rans on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I am pretty sure Geebs regrets doing the hero tournament with every fiber of his being

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    hey guys what would happen if the juggernaut and the blob

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    You guys had a hero tournament? Before my time, I guess.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It was hilarious*, and Snow won the good guys, I can't remember who won villains.

*also, a clusterfuck

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    what, thor won i thought.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    no it was Thor who won good guys

Villains was Loki I think

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    It was hilarious*, and Snow won the good guys, I can't remember who won villains.

*also, a clusterfuck

No, Thor won.

Also, I spent hours talking about Nimrod and could only escape the humiliation by changing my username.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Also, the Juggernaut would take out the Blob. The Blob can be moved.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I didnt really post here during the tournaments but I remember getting drawn into the Grodd vs Bullseye arguments which was so dumb because everyone voted Bullseye eventhough the fight was underwater.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I am pretty sure Geebs regrets doing the hero tournament with every fiber of his being

Fair enough, but the GV comic tournament was a good thing, I think. I had such a funny premise for my last fight too. :(

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    So has Batman ever fucked Superman

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »

Fair enough, but the GV comic tournament was a good thing, I think. I had such a funny premise for my last fight too. :(

What was the premise?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Robos what was your old name

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I didnt really post here during the tournaments but I remember getting drawn into the Grodd vs Bullseye arguments which was so dumb because everyone voted Bullseye eventhough the fight was underwater.

but perfect aim on a harpoon, right guys?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited November 2008

RobosAGoGo, and then Hooraydiation.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Me Too! wrote: »

In GENERATIONS 3, Batman fucked one of Superman's grown-up grand daughters. Does that count?

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Why would Grodd fight Bullseye underwater? And how would Bullseye beat a telepathic, super-strong, giant gorilla?

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008

In GENERATIONS 3, Batman fucked one of Superman's grown-up grand daughters. Does that count?

Also, Samurai Superman and Lady Ninja Batman from that one Elseworlds story probably did it.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

oh shit I didnt realize you were Hooraydiation

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh shit. Thor. I meant Thor.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, it became really ridiculous when everyone absolutely disregarded the environments. (You can't throw shit when you are underwater!) although I think I had sworn off the battles by that point.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

oh shit I didnt realize you were Hooraydiation

Me neither. I think your posting use to piss me off when I first found the forum.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

What was the premise?

I think the situation was The Brave and the Bold vs. Dr. Light II, and we were allowed to bring in 2 characters for our hero and 2 for the opposition. I had Dr. Light team up with Superman and Wonder Woman, while Black Panther brought in Storm and Squirrel Girl. Squirrel Girl is all starstruck and honored to be fighting with T'Challa, and promises to do her best. After BP points out the other trio and says they're the enemy, Squirrel Girl proceeds to put the beat down on all three of them, while BP and Storm do their annoying lovey-dovey couple thing. The ending panel had BP walking away with Storm on his right and SG on his left, his arms around their shoulders, and the punch-line was a question about whether SG's cheeks were like a squirrel's too.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Why would Grodd fight Bullseye underwater? And how would Bullseye beat a telepathic, super-strong, giant gorilla?

Oh man I had forgotten about this argument. Man, that got really out of hand.

Also Robos I did not know you were hooraydiation, that whole thing was when I first really started reading the forums on a daily basis

Oh shit I just looked up the Rules pages for both threads and it made me remember JCM's terribleness

Langly on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    oh god JCM

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I remember looking at the PVP forums and seeing posts by him and I was like noooooo he's everywhere!

Langly on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The Hero/Villain tournaments were fun once but there's not much point to doing them again, it's not like there's a ton of new characters every year, or even old major ones that we missed. It'd just be repeats.

Also, glad to hear Exiles is done. Maybe one day it can be revived in a form that doesn't make me want to stab the writer. Also, with Blink and Nocturne.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008

Gotta be Bruce and Clark gettin' mad rutty
    Slashfic doesn't count

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    So the Composite Superman jerking himself off wouldn't count.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    But what if I

do this?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The other thread seems like it should be a thread about The Question. While this one has armchair threadmakers.

I do not know which one I enjoy less.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I have a question: why haven't we had a Super Hero/Super Villain fight tournament this year?

Second question: why the hell did we not finish up the GV comic tournament? I still have my script from the third round sitting around.

fuck now I want servo's thread to win

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    and the quick and easy answer is that I'm not doing tournaments anymore because I won't follow through and I don't want to start something I know I won't finish

if someone else wanted to do something, they can talk to me or servo and we can maybe work something out, but I'm not sure the demand is there anymore

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2008
    But what if I

Don't do that

Do what?

This?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    and the quick and easy answer is that I'm not doing tournaments anymore because I won't follow through and I don't want to start something I know I won't finish

if someone else wanted to do something, they can talk to me or servo and we can maybe work something out, but I'm not sure the demand is there anymore
    dude the super hero and villain fights i can say is something id want to be a part of.

and by being a part of i mean: belittling someone elses choice with inane logic, hands on my ears saying LALALALALA, simply because their choice is different from mine.

delphinus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    delphinus wrote: »

dude the super hero and villain fights i can say is something id want to be a part of.

and by being a part of i mean: belittling someone elses choice with inane logic, hands on my ears saying LALALALALA, simply because their choice is different from mine.

So pretty much no change from your normal behavior then.

Guys, I think we should revive the GV comic tournament. Who's with me?

wwtMask on