As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Perry Bible Fellowship

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Cyvros wrote: »
    Why's the E in "Cinema" backwards?

It's the FUTURE

It's apparently a pretty dumb future

nexuscrawler on
  • CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Cyvros wrote: »
    Why's the E in "Cinema" backwards?

It's the FUTURE

It's apparently a pretty dumb future

No, I see what Casual Eddy's getting at.

The future's hip.

Cyvros on
    edited November 2008
    http://pbfcomics.com/archive_b/PBF185-Tunnel_of_Love.jpg

Just me or is the one in the upper right a blowjob

mod edit: Link is NSFW

nexuscrawler on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I just now saw the red light for the camera

Fencingsax on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nexuscrawler's post seems vaguely NSFW

Rent on
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I just now saw the red light for the camera

And the couple who rode after them adjusting their clothing. So many little details!

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The best part about guntron is the green guy's expression
    No, I'd say the best part is the blue guy's expression. :D

SithDrummer on
  • SamSam Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I think he makes fun of that tendency in this one:

PBF209-Now_Showing.jpg

This is like the only comic on his site I've never gotten, I just don't get it for some reason.

Its a parody of "historical" movies that take a huge dramatic license and ignore what actually happened.

Also penises everywhere.

If you think about it it's not all thay different from cinematic depictions of ancient Greece and Rome, where they apparently pioneered the same public cleaning crews and sanitation standards we have today. In reality they, and Rome in particular, were mostly third-world or worse in their upkeep.

Also, I like how the Nazi is Heil-saluting the ally, whose expression reminds me of Tom Cruise.

Sam on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    An aspect I saw in the Cinema strip was the conflation of elements from different time periods that are kind of close to one another. I saw this as being a film in the year 10,000 or something. The film has guys jousting (circa 15th century), Nazis (circa 20th century), ray guns (circa 21st century?), football helmets (20th century) and so on. All aspects of culture spanning a roughly 500 year period, which would probably be a big blur to these guys, just like we can't tell the difference between culture from 1000BC and culture from 1500BC.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    An aspect I saw in the Cinema strip was the conflation of elements from different time periods that are kind of close to one another. I saw this as being a film in the year 10,000 or something. The film has guys jousting (circa 15th century), Nazis (circa 20th century), ray guns (circa 21st century?), football helmets (20th century) and so on. All aspects of culture spanning a roughly 500 year period, which would probably be a big blur to these guys, just like we can't tell the difference between culture from 1000BC and culture from 1500BC.

Plus the star of david on the British flag shield and helmet, and the Enola Gay as a biplane.

moniker on
    edited November 2008
    Sry for the NFSW link

nexuscrawler on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sry for the NFSW link
    If I get fired I'm crashing at your place for a while.

Bama on
    edited November 2008
    moniker wrote: »

Plus the star of david on the British flag shield and helmet, and the Enola Gay as a biplane.

Oh shit, I never noticed either of those things. I mean, I saw the plane, but I didn't get it was supposed to be the Enola Gay. I also like the 17th century battleship.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • geckahngeckahn Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Oh shit, I never noticed either of those things. I mean, I saw the plane, but I didn't get it was supposed to be the Enola Gay. I also like the 17th century battleship.

with the japanese flag attached. I'm doubting if they ever actually had any of those.

geckahn on
  • Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Don't exclude the backwards swastika.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    *gasp!* That Nazi is a Buddhist!

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Buddy LeeBuddy Lee Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The British guy is also wearing an old-school American football helmet

Buddy Lee on
    Join Penny-Arcaders in EPL Fantasy Futbol! Click to see details.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/

The join code for the CLASSIC league: 214755-65927

The join code for the HEAD-TO-HEAD league: 5294-3346
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    This is why PBF is genius.

MikeMan on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I've always liked this one.
    PBF202-Post_Apocalyptic.jpg

see317 on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    this one's fantastic

PBF060-Penguin_Enemy.gif

MikeMan on
  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    PBF067-Better_Luck.gif

Ethan Smith on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    This guy is a genius, it always impresses me when he makes these insane associations or just plain cruel stuff. Its hilarious, when I get it.

DarkWarrior on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    PBF067-Better_Luck.gif
    This will always be my favorite.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    you can't say you didn't see it coming
    PBF071-Weeaboo.gif

Local H Jay on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    PBF156-Disassemble.gif

edit: this one's funnier

PBF172-Cave_Explorer.jpg

Tav on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited November 2008
    geckahn wrote: »

with the japanese flag attached. I'm doubting if they ever actually had any of those.

You guys see all these things, but somehow miss the zebra penis.

Aroduc on
  • CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aroduc wrote: »

I rotated it and ended up seeing the penis on the zebra. That was unexpected.

:D

Cyvros on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

hahahahahaha

Tav on
    edited November 2008

Oh, I got the zebra penis.

I got it.

ElJeffe on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Once you have the zebra penis pointed out to you, it's the first thing you will always see when looking at the comic again. :P

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited November 2008
    Once you have the zebra penis pointed out to you, it's the first thing you will always see when looking at the comic again. :P

Now you'll be looking for horse penises everywhere.

Aroduc on
  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    PBF067-Better_Luck.gif
    This will always be my favorite.

I just realized.

Why is the boy naked?

Ethan Smith on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I can say, with absolute certainty and no googling, that's not what a zebra penis looks like.

The fun things you learn at the zoo :p

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Thats a change?

Mr Pink on
  • TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I noticed the other day that the little plastic animals they sell at Toys R Us all have anatomically correct dongs. Even the unicorn. I guess you can't even call that one anatomically "correct", technically.

I must say, I admire the attention to detail. I like knowing that someone, somewhere, spent at least several minutes intently focused on sculpting that animal genitalia.

Considering PBF has so much detail in every other comic, why should he skimp on the dongs? :P

Taximes on
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Taximes wrote: »

I noticed the other day that the little plastic animals they sell at Toys R Us all anatomically correct dongs. Even the unicorn. I guess you can't even call that one anatomically "correct", technically.

Talk about setting up little girls for disappointment later in life...

Shadowen on
  • Bruce ForsythBruce Forsyth Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So what era is the zebra wang from?

Bruce Forsyth on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

It's like the FedEx arrow.

KalTorak on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Taximes wrote: »

I noticed the other day that the little plastic animals they sell at Toys R Us all have anatomically correct dongs. Even the unicorn. I guess you can't even call that one anatomically "correct", technically.

I must say, I admire the attention to detail. I like knowing that someone, somewhere, spent at least several minutes intently focused on sculpting that animal genitalia.

Considering PBF has so much detail in every other comic, why should he skimp on the dongs? :P
    Historical inaccuracy.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    KalTorak wrote: »

It's like the FedEx arrow.

I know. This is why I use UPS. At least they aren't trying to subliminally fuck with me.

moniker on