As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ROCK BAND 2: Use the new thread

• ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    How did you guys know the song behind my question?!
    SHE COULD KILL YOU WITH A WINK OF HER EYE!

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It can be from a simple 2 second delay to something obscene like 8 seconds from what I've seen.

It's why I don't really bother doing so nowadays.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Some cats need to mute their mics during a play session. If you're playing in a room with a stereo setup turned up to concert volume levels, the headset will pick it up.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Homestar GunnerHomestar Gunner Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Some cats need to mute their mics during a play session. If you're playing in a room with a stereo setup turned up to concert volume levels, the headset will pick it up.

Cats can't play Rock Band! That's silly!

Homestar Gunner on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

I half expected the song to be Cool for Cats. Now *that* would've been silly.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • TacoManTacoMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I half expected the song to be Cool for Cats. Now *that* would've been silly.

Chiiiiina Cat

TacoMan on
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    are you ready schide???

ballman????

(mick)

ALRIGHT FELLAS, LETS GOOOO

Feels Good Man on
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    wait

what does the title mean 6 more weeks of DLC

YaYa on
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    YaYa wrote: »
    wait

what does the title mean 6 more weeks of DLC

6 weeks to get to the 500 DLC number, I think.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    6 weeks left in the year.

Arcas on
  • Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I've been trying to keep my rocking out to a minimum, since I fell running for a bus and banged up my kickin' leg and every time I play it gets sore again.

WotLK is making that easy, at least.

Airking850 on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ARE YOU REAAAAAAAAADY STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE...

EDIT:

By the way...the RB2 Strat? OMG how could I live without you? It's that awesome.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I just picked up the RB2 strat. I'm extremely pleased with it -- but it does feel like the fret buttons require a little more pressure than I'm used to. Every few songs I'll miss a note or chord because my fretting was late. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Man, I remember when I was happy with RB1 and under 100 songs. I still obsessively download everything I can download, and now RB2 tells me I have 484 songs. (345 DLC + 84 RB2 + 55 RB1)

Hmm... if the three songs on the RB1 disk that can't be exported also count as "DLC or on-disk" then Harmonix only needs to release 13 more songs to meet their 500-song commitment. I think they can do it.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I got in on the New Xbox Experience, and there's a popularity section of each game's store. In order, the top 30 songs are

1: Still Alive
    2: Promised Land
    3: All the Small Things
    4: Move Along
    5: Dirty Little Secret
    6: Buddy Holly
    7: Metallica Pack (The Whole Thing)
    8: The Kill
    9: Juke Box Hero
    10: Fortunate Son
    11: Interstate Love Song
    12: My Sharone
    13: Crushcrushcrush
    14: Gimme Three Steps
    15: Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)
    16: Wonderwall
    17: Snow (Hey Oh)
    18: BYOB
    19: Toxicity
    20: More Than a Feeling
    21: Attack
    22: Joker & the Theif
    23: Roxanne
    24: Sex Type Thing
    25: This Ain't a Scene, It's An Arms Race
    26: Afterlife
    27: Hard to Handle
    28: Number of the Beast
    29: Disturbed Pack (The Whole Thing)
    30: Oasis Pack (The Whole Thing)

The least popular song that didn't come out today is February Stars.

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    They are in fact counting all songs on discs, even if they're only available on a disc.

FyreWulff on
    edited November 2008
    Mr. G wrote: »

16: Wonderwall
    17: Snow (Hey Oh)
    18: BYOB
    19: Toxicity
    20: More Than a Feeling
    21: Attack

That song must've crushed so many dreams...

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    I only keep it around for vocals

It'd be great if HMX could let us ban songs though.

FyreWulff on
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I only keep it around for vocals

It'd be great if HMX could let us ban songs though.

After playing through most of the 20 Free Songs multiple times, there are at least 12 songs that I never want to play or hear again but can't do anything about because of the goofy data structure.

metaghost on
  • ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    List does not have enough Boston. Or The Cars.

And amazingly, the free & 80 point songs are some of the most popular.

I am stunned. I honestly didn't see that coming.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    I'm shocked Hysteria isn't on there. I mean, I gues.... no.. no. everyone should have that.

i have everythin on that list except

Metallica Pack
    BYOB
    Toxicity
    Hard to Handle
    This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race

Feels Good Man on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nice to see "All the Small Things" is the top-selling song.

Hopefully this means more blink-182 other than this and "Dammit".

UnbreakableVow on
    edited November 2008
    I paid for the Metallica pack, but it's no longer on my xbox due to not fun. And I have Hard To Handle, and so should you. I think I technically own all the songs on that list except Toxicity, and I might even have that. We buy a lot of DLC and then decide we don't like it and boot it off the xbox or just never play it again, and I forget what we have and what we don't. :P

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    I'm shocked Hysteria isn't on there. I mean, I gues.... no.. no. everyone should have that.

Maybe the list takes into account the Euro version, which has Hysteria on-disc.

I'm only missing "This Ain't a Scene, It's An Arms Race", "Afterlife" and "Disturbed Pack".

UnbreakableVow on
    edited November 2008
    Erandus wrote: »
    I paid for the Metallica pack, but it's no longer on my xbox due to not fun.

Sadly, I have to agree. Just get "...And Justice For All" and you're set.

UnbreakableVow on
    edited November 2008

I'm only missing "This Ain't a Scene, It's An Arms Race", "Afterlife" and "Disturbed Pack".

Morgan is in love with the Disturbed pack on drums. I tolerate it on guitar.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    I like singing Afterlife's chorus a lot, I dunno why... I think A7x are very overrated

the guitar solo disgusts me

Feels Good Man on
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

So how hard is it to maintain her bionic leg? The guitar is a guilty pleasure of mine, and I do like the drums but the kicks on Expert are maddening.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
    edited November 2008
    There is a noticable difference in the muscle definition of her right leg opposed to her left. When she flexes her foot and points her toes up or down, her calf mucles, or the muscles along her shin are ripped.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    There is a noticable difference in the muscle definition of her right leg opposed to her left. When she flexes her foot and points her toes up or down, her calf mucles, or the muscles along her shin are ripped.

Have the heavier sticks affected her arms as well? As dedicated as she is the game must be a pretty decent workout.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, she notices more soreness from heavy sticks, the kind of sore after you work out or do a lot of yardwork or something. Heavier sticks are definately noticiable even if they're not that much heavier. You do a long of quick swinging around of them, even an ounce or two is noticeable after a few thousand drum hits. And she has actually lost weight doing this, more than you might have thought possible. She's lookin pretty svelte now. :D

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    I admit I do not have Jukebox Hero...is the cover good? I caved in on the Rush covers way back and the Coheed one (girlfriend wanted more Coheed).

lionheart_m on
  • zerocountzerocount Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I cannot get enough of Indestructible on guitar... the verses (with the hammer-ons/pull-offs) is so very sweet when nailed cleanly.

zerocount on
    edited November 2008
    I definitely sweat when I play expert drums. However, as opposed to physical duress, I think the sweating is caused by frustration, as I get mad at my limbs for not doing what I want them to

fuck you, keith moon.

Feels Good Man on
    edited November 2008
    I admit I do not have Jukebox Hero...is the cover good? I caved in on the Rush covers way back and the Coheed one (girlfriend wanted more Coheed).

Jukebox Hero is your standard, Government Issue, 1-H Cover. It sounds like, but is not as good, as the origional. It sounds like any random cover band. It is not horiffic. The instrument parts are competently played and the vocals are faithful yet disappointing.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    as I get mad at my limbs for not doing what I want them to

This summarizes me attempting to play Breaking the Girl.

That sucks fucks me up on medium. I get like 82% on medium. I can play like 15 or 20 songs on expert, and that song sticks it in my dumper on me-di-um.

I do not enjoy playing it on any instrument, and don't care for the song on its merits as a piece of music.

Morgan loves it, so I play it. :P

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    I definitely sweat when I play expert drums. However, as opposed to physical duress, I think the sweating is caused by frustration, as I get mad at my limbs for not doing what I want them to

fuck you, keith moon.

I see you've tried Going Mobile. That Who Pack is so full of win. Baba O'Riley is still my favorite song to voxtar.
    Erandus wrote:
    Jukebox Hero is your standard, Government Issue, 1-H Cover. It sounds like, but is not as good, as the origional. It sounds like any random cover band. It is not horiffic. The instrument parts are competently played and the vocals are faithful yet disappointing.

Oh, so it's GH2 all over again. I might get it later.

lionheart_m on
    edited November 2008
    All that being said about Jukebox Hero, I am glad I have it.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If I ever feel like a good aerobic workout, I just boot up a Keith Moon song from the Who Pack, some of the Rush stuff, or Constant Motion on expert drums.

After a couple of those songs I'm winded, dripping sweat, and can't hardly lift my right leg, it's awesome!

For stamina and strength building in the leg, I recommend anything with a steady kick beat, no matter the pace. Maps, You've Got Another Thing Comin'. White Wedding, and Hungry Like the Wolf are great for this.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • TacoManTacoMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    For some reason I thought the Killers DLC was coming out today, but it looks I have another week until I can throw my monies at HMX. Oh well, back to sleep...

TacoMan on
    edited November 2008
    Roam on expert drums is a stunningly exhaustive workout.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]