As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND 2: Use the new thread

• Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So I've got a birthday coming up and I'm seriously considering getting myself the AC/DC pack and then immediately flipping it on Goozex (after using the code, of course). Does that make me a bad person?

More importantly: is it good? I'm looking at the list and I can only pick out maybe four songs that I don't know, and none that I don't like. I wouldn't normally spend $40 on what amounts to a DLC pack, but the fact that it has some immediate resale value is helping things.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If people want another Maps-like song on drums, there's also...

You're All I've Got Tonight

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I feel less special with you guys having the NXE now. :(

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    We need more Muse. Hysteria is not nearly enough. Just sayin'.

Anything good in today's DLC? It didn't look that great to me.

Fawst on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Erandus wrote: »
    Roam on expert drums is a stunningly exhaustive workout.

So true. It's quite a simple beat but very exhausting I don't know why. Favorite drum song so far...it's gotta be Interstate Love Song. That beat just flows.

EDIT: I'll probably get Closer this Thursday (loved the song on GH3). And we've had the Muse discussion before but I'll say I just want anything out of BHAR. Or Bliss.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    MonkeydryeMonkeydrye Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fawst wrote: »

If you like punk type stuff, the DK stuff would be good I guess. But none of it sounds interesting to me. Cept maybe a couple of the chick band songs. Female vocalists are always complaining about the lack of chick songs.

Monkeydrye on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Well maybe they should write some popular ones, and get a record deal so they can pitch it to Rock Band.

Slackers.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

You

You speak the truth

I would pay a lot of cash for Bliss, SupermassiveBlackHole and TSP

Along with entire album content

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Well maybe they should write some popular ones, and get a record deal so they can pitch it to Rock Band.

Slackers.

They do. My buddy, Madonna, is always griping about how her stuff isn't in RB. Then I jangle some shiney Kabala stuff at her and she forgets about it for awhile.

Monkeydrye on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MorganMorgan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, she notices more soreness from heavy sticks, the kind of sore after you work out or do a lot of yardwork or something. Heavier sticks are definately noticiable even if they're not that much heavier. You do a long of quick swinging around of them, even an ounce or two is noticeable after a few thousand drum hits. And she has actually lost weight doing this, more than you might have thought possible. She's lookin pretty svelte now. :D

LOL, svelte I am not, but I have lost alot of weight since drumming on Expert, but its cause I wail on the drums alot and it does give me a good workout. I also until the last few weeks, I drum every night for at least an hour, usually more. I make sure I play the hard songs that are fast, its kinda like training. The heavier sticks hurt my hands after 5 or 6 songs, just holding them hurts a bit after a while, so I swap them out with my ION sticks (which need replacing). I am not totally amazing at the drums, but I can all but the stupid ones on Expert.

I honestly cant think of anything more fun to do. Most of the time when we play in the evening we stream us playing, so you can see part of me drumming and the TV. I think the link is in Erandus' sig?

We need more MUSE!! Like all the albums, or at least Absolution.

Morgan on
    Erandus is a douchebag
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am all over the Dead Kennedys this week.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Slackers.

First they would have to get away from the Pop BS most women are stuck singing.

toolbert on
  • Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Mr Bubbles wrote: »

You

You speak the truth

In terms of what is likely--I am guessing either GH or RB will be getting MoTP eventually--and maybe plug in baby. MoTP and TSP were both heavily rumored

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    toolbert wrote: »

Slackers.

First they would have to get away from the Pop BS marketed to make it seem that most women are stuck singing.

Fixed. But that's a different kind of argument for a different thread/forum.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I enjoy singing all the female vocalist songs with two exceptions: "New Kid in School" and "Pretend We're Dead"

I'm sure both bands have better songs but I hate it when those songs come up.

Arikado on
  • Options
    HalibutHalibut Passion Fish Swimming in obscurity.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    arod_77 wrote: »

You

You speak the truth

In terms of what is likely--I am guessing either GH or RB will be getting MoTP eventually--and maybe plug in baby. MoTP and TSP were both heavily rumored

Plug in baby would be so goddamned fun on guitar. Also, I am debating picking up GHWT because I want to play Assassin (and some other non-Muse songs as well). Oh well, guess I'll have to stick with Hysteria for a while.

Halibut on
  • Options
    Locutus ZeroLocutus Zero Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Slackers.

First they would have to get away from the Pop BS marketed to make it seem that most women are stuck singing.

I think she meant stuck singing IN THE GAME. Not that women have to sing songs that were sung by women.

Locutus Zero on
    Locutus+Zero.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Halibut wrote: »

You

You speak the truth

Plug in baby would be so goddamned fun on guitar. Also, I am debating picking up GHWT because I want to play Assassin (and some other non-Muse songs as well). Oh well, guess I'll have to stick with Hysteria for a while.

The chart for assassin kind of sucks. Even though I love the song.

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

You

You speak the truth

To be honest, Assassin wasn't really a great pick in the first place, there is so much better stuff

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Slackers.

I think she meant stuck singing IN THE GAME. Not that women have to sing songs that were sung by women.

Then that would hardly be a gender issue. Since, you know, men are stuck singing the same songs...

This was the comment Erandus was replying to:
    Monkeydrye wrote:
    If you like punk type stuff, the DK stuff would be good I guess. But none of it sounds interesting to me. Cept maybe a couple of the chick band songs. Female vocalists are always complaining about the lack of chick songs.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yes. Girl vocalists playing rock band complain that there are not enough songs in rock band that are by bands with female lead singers.

The girls playing rock band should form a band and get a record deal and reco -- you know what, fuck it.. When you have to explain it like this it totally ruins the joke. At least Santa got where I was going with it.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Joke is bad and you should feel bad.

Arikado on
  • Options
    midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So has anybody here passed Visions on expert drums? I gave it a try the other night... yikes. I think I might be able to pass it eventually if I could fluke out and manage to get 2 OD phrases, but I just got frustrated and quit after a few tries :-|

midgetspy on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Arikado wrote: »

It wasn't bad until none of you goddamn homps got it.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008

So a joke is good even when nobody laughs? Open Mic Night, here I come!

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

You

You speak the truth

To be honest, Assassin wasn't really a great pick in the first place, there is so much better stuff

the drumming is fun --but not in the GH engine.

Citizen Erased and I will shut my mouth forever

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008

So a joke is good even when nobody laughs? Open Mic Night, here I come!

If I laugh, it served it's purpose.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    midgetspy wrote: »
    So has anybody here passed Visions on expert drums? I gave it a try the other night... yikes. I think I might be able to pass it eventually if I could fluke out and manage to get 2 OD phrases, but I just got frustrated and quit after a few tries :-|

Didn't Primus beat it? Or was that with the help of a band?

I simply pretend it doesn't exist, unless I'm arguing with Santa.

metaghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Well, when it came up on the Endless Setlist, he only failed out...once? was it? And was flashing red for a long time but he kept nailing those Unison bonuses with Shady and my sister. There were two by-the-hair catches I had on him with vocals Overdrive.

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    metaghost wrote: »

Merry Christmas!
    Coal_Hands.png
    Ho! Ho! Ho!

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »
    So I've got a birthday coming up and I'm seriously considering getting myself the AC/DC pack and then immediately flipping it on Goozex (after using the code, of course). Does that make me a bad person?

More importantly: is it good? I'm looking at the list and I can only pick out maybe four songs that I don't know, and none that I don't like. I wouldn't normally spend $40 on what amounts to a DLC pack, but the fact that it has some immediate resale value is helping things.

Most importantly: it is just that good. You're really only paying an extra $0.20 per song, and it's a top-notch live performance and it's AC/DC so I've found the pack to be definitely worth it.

On the other hand, once you're done with it you'll be basically selling a stunted RB1 port and an invalid download key (as I understand it), so it would make you a bad person.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Once you 'get' the tempo of the slower RYK RY RYK RY sections, it's not that bad. The fast blast beats are survivable by spamming RG as fast as you can, and the weird stuff between just takes a try or two to get used to.

Shoulder to the Plow actually took me longer to be able to pass consistently, since its hard parts aren't easily bluffed-through. Some of the Megadeth stuff is harder as well. Blinded By Fear and Prequel to the Sequel both stand head and shoulders above everything else, difficulty-wise.

Airking850 on
  • Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So new DLC, got the Girl pack for the Lacuna Coil. I find it awesome and amusing that they have the guitarist singing all the 2nd vocalists parts. It's a pretty cool idea to show two singers on the stage when the game only officially allows for one.

Zaylenz on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Merry Christmas!
    Coal_Hands.png
    Ho! Ho! Ho!

Awwwwwwww man, coal again?!

Also, on the dead topic of "chick songs", I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen any Feist/Broken Social Scene tracks.
    She was all over the television/radio/advertising for months and the BSS jams especially have a nice level of instrumental dexterity.

metaghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Speaking of chick songs, I would love for there to be a way to have a male and female vocalist to set in my band. I usually play guitar and it always bugs me to see my cowboy singer singing to Paramour or the B52's.

Monkeydrye on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Merry Christmas!
    Coal_Hands.png
    Ho! Ho! Ho!

Awwwwwwww man, coal again?!

Hey, just be glad that he didn't give you a copy of Chinese Democracy. That's how you know you're really on his shit list.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

The best Ive managed is like 30 something %. I got the 2nd OD, but had to use it right away cause I was in the red and the first set of blast beats were coming.

If I could figure out how to keep a combo during the RY RY+bass section, I could spam through those blast beats and probably get through it, but I dont have the motivation to practice that song.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, Assassin kind of ate in GHWT, but it was to be expected from how the song is and how GH is.

You know what they need, MUSE wise? Besides more? Haarp. Whole album, the DVD version. The you get a great smattering of MUSE from all their albums. Except Shrinking Universe, but oh well. Also, it's live, so they may be able to dodge any issues arising, like say GH having ownership of Knights of Cydonia, the normal version.

Medium Dave on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    HAARP is probably the most realistic solution--origin of symmetry might be a stretch.

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I've beaten it once or twice with a full band (Arikado, his sister, Shady) but never by myself. The R/G/Kicks are so fast I literally cannot keep a combo on them...

Ironically enough, about halfway through the song it because pretty easy to keep a combo going and things are relatively easy to play until the very end.

DarkPrimus on