As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pssst... What's The Answer To Number 1?

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Oh, okay, I get the point of the thread now. I got one.

In 6th grade we had to do a short story, pics and all. I wasn't very good at telling stories at the time; in fact, I sucked at it. What wound up happening is that I wrote something eerily similar to a made-for-TV movie I had seen recently, in which two people got sucked into the TV and every show was trying to kill them. I made a very bad copy of that movie (which was itself pretty godawful). With next to no exposition. So the teacher wound up reading the most random shit where almost immediately the main character is set upon by a cooking show with no explanation as to why.

I still got a B.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • CrimsonKingCrimsonKing Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I got an A in senior health because I was the only one who got my teachers incredibly dry humor, and it went over the heads of everyone else but since I have a similar humor style, we would go back and forth for fifteen minutes on the stupidest shit, but everyone else thought we were serious and took notes.

CrimsonKing on
    This sig was too tall - Elki.
  • Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I think my segue into British nude beaches in my major political science paper on the "legal and political imperatives for pro-environmental policy in the European Union" was pretty good.

But I have a habit of doing that a lot - it's pretty much a rule that every paper I've written has had an odd little aside.

Andrew_Jay on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    mtvcdm wrote:

In 6th grade we had to do a short story, pics and all. I wasn't very good at telling stories at the time; in fact, I sucked at it. What wound up happening is that I wrote something eerily similar to a made-for-TV movie I had seen recently, in which two people got sucked into the TV and every show was trying to kill them. I made a very bad copy of that movie (which was itself pretty godawful). With next to no exposition. So the teacher wound up reading the most random shit where almost immediately the main character is set upon by a cooking show with no explanation as to why.

I still got a B.

I'm just curious what movie that was. It sounds like Stay Tuned, but that wasn't made-for-TV.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited January 2007
    If a teacher ever gave us a book to read and said anything related to "You will learn to love this book..." I would always use the title in the introduction paragraph and then make a footnote next to it that said "Which I hated with every fibre of my being. -Authors note" or something like that.

CrimsonKing on
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    mtvcdm wrote:

I still got a B.

I'm just curious what movie that was. It sounds like Stay Tuned, but that wasn't made-for-TV.
    ...I think you got it. Sure seemed like made-for-TV.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    my perspective is probably skewed quite a bit.
    All of D&D knows this by now.

Dynagrip on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    mtvcdm wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    mtvcdm wrote:

I still got a B.

With John Ritter? Nah that was in theaters. I think I even saw it in theaters.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited January 2007
    Drez wrote:
    mtvcdm wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    mtvcdm wrote:

I still got a B.

With John Ritter? Nah that was in theaters. I think I even saw it in theaters.
    You poor thing.

Gosling on
  • JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    In English class for the 6th grade, we were required to write a short story.

I used the plot from Secret of Mana, which I had recently acquired. The teacher thought I was very creative.

Joeslop on
  • CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dyscord wrote:
    I've actually seen some research about cheating, and something like 80% of (U.S.) college students admit to cheating, and something like 95% admit to knowing about/observing cheating. As retarded as some instructors seem to be, I guess that isn't really surprising.

I'm ready to be called out on this being an urban legend, but has anyone heard the story about students on a major student university campus (I believe it was Michigan) who invented a fictitious student their freshmen year, and conspired to collectively get him a degree.

As the story goes, enough people took part that there was considerable cheering when his name was called at graduation.
    It was real (in the sense that it happened, the student was fake), and it happened at my school, the Georgia Institute of Technology. The story goes a bit further than mere enrollment and graduation, however. The prank was continued for years, and when the school switched to a computerized registration system, George P. Burdell was enrolled in every class. He was even the leading contender in an online Time poll for Person of the Year, once, until the deception was discovered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_P._Burdell

I normally lurk on these forums when I'm procrastinating on homework, but I thought I'd add this. I'm sure similar things have happened at other universities, but this sounds like the case you were asking about.

CycloneRanger on
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I've not really done anything that major really, though in one of my second year exams I found myself completely unable to remember the name of any of the proteins involved in specific examples of cell signalling in cancerous cells, so whenever the names of these would come up they would be replaced by a long discription of what they vaguely looked like and their relationship to other proteins described in the exact same way. Did the same sort of thing in the entrance interview when I forgot what t-RNA was called and had to draw the vaue shape in the air to describe what I was talking about.

Same exam as above, one of my friends had a load of trouble as well and just wrote 'I'm sorry I can't answer this question, so here is a short story about fishing'. Didn't get any bonus or pity marks and dropped out though...so it doesn't always end well.

Tastyfish on
  • galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    My favorite moment:

Short answers on a course about the atomic bomb, asking us to identify and describe the role of certain scientists in the Manhattan project. I did it all in haiku.

Hans Bethe was cool.
    Hydrogen burning in sun.
    Works at Cornell now.

Also, in high school, we got the best people to give speeches in public speaking class. One managed to take a speech about the importance of the rainforest and have one of his salient points be that doing so would help to eliminate fat chicks. Another had obviously not prepared a topic for a choose-your-own session, and did it on the topic of bullshit, bullshitting the entire speech. He got an A.

galenblade on
    linksig.jpg
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I had an English teacher in high school who decided that the class needed practice writing introductions to five-paragraph essays. So she would give us 10 essay topics each day and asked us to just write the introductions. I wrote the introduction to the essay, "Why I Should Not Have To Do This Stupid Assignment" and turned it in. The next day, she pulled me out of class and said, "You're right. You shouldn't have to do this stupid assignment. I'll just give you full credit."

I had a question on an intro to physics exam regarding rotational inertia and torque on a log in a river. For some reason I developed a mental block on how to do it, so I wrote a brief paragraph arguing why we could safely ignore three of the five forces acting on the log and continued from there. I got half-credit on the problem and an overall A on the exam.

I took a class in syntax once. The first month was entirely sentence diagramming, only the professor wanted us to make up our own sentences illustrating various grammatical constructions. All my sentences involved Dick and Jane and their increasingly unusual sexual practices.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The only thing that really comes to my mind was writing my Social 30 final exam in high school..we were given something like 3 hours to write it, i fell asleep (had severe sleeping problems back then, still do) woke up 20 minutes or so before the end, quickly wrote down a bunch of bullshit and got a 94%...Canada's public education system ain't so hot.

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    The one time I completely failed to read the instructions on an exam - we had been told that there would be three long-answer questions on our Roman history exam, and what some of the questions might be.

So I studied and prepared my answers, and on the day of the exam I write three awesome, solid essays. I get out and my friend says "pretty big relief that she only assigned one long-answer question in the end, huh?"

Our professor was pregnant at the time and decided that it would be a whole lot easier on all involved to cut down the size of the exam . . . which was great for anyone who actually read the instructions :o
    Similarly, in my AP US History class a few years ago, we had a test on April Fools day. The teacher gave us the usual multiple choice, and a choice of two long essays. But in tiny print at the bottom, she wrote "If you read this, you will get full credit on the essay, as long as you don't hand one in."

A few people handed in essays. I think she took pity on them and gave them full credit, though.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • MalaysianShrewMalaysianShrew Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Most of my antics took place in my two years of high school Physics. I had the same teacher who was really cool, but the class was way too easy because it assumed you didn't know any Calculus so that people who were shitty in math could take it and look good on their high school transcipts. Basically if you had the concepts down and knew calculus you could derive any formula you needed. Well, this meant I had WAY too much time during test days as it would take a whopping 15min to take the entire test. For some reason, everyone else took all hour and then some. Well, I decided that the metric system was shit and programed a bunch of obscure conversions into my calculator and on the next test I changed every answer from Meters and Kilograms into Slugs and Nautical Miles. I then proceeded to erase all my work and metric answer. He gave me full credit for it.

Also, on these tests next to your name, he had a line with a question in front of it. The questions were polls and after he got the tests graded he would tell us the results. Usually they were like "favorite color/show, what college do you hope to get into" et cetera. Well, one of them was "favorite state". He meant US state, but a bunch of smart asses wrote different states of matter. My friend, though, being the biggest smart ass in the room, wrote "intoxicated". We both laughed after class about it and forgot about it. A week later he went over the results of the poll and didn't mention my friend's witty comment. We were upset and he didn't answer us when we yelled about it. He just silently handed out the graded tests and my friend's test had a big "-1" on top of where he wrote intoxicated. The polls weren't worth credit, but he took a point off the test anyways.

One more time in this physics class, me and the same friend were doing a spring lab. We had to bounce a weight on this spring and with a stop watch find out what the spring constant was. The next day we were going to pull back the springs a distance we determined from the spring constant to shoot it off a ramp and hit a target 1 meter from the base of the ramp. Cool lab, right? Well, watching the thing bob while watching the stop watch SUCKED. And for the lab we had to do it 3 times and average them. We did it once and then completely made up the other two tests. I even made one of the tests a fair amount off from the first two so that it would look like we had an outlier. We then averaged them and turned it in. Next day the spring shooting starts. NO ONE can hit the target. Finally, one group gets the distance right, but the spring goes off to the left and doesn't hit the bullseye. But my teacher is impressed and gives them extra credit for being so accurate in their lab. Next up is me and my friend. Using our vaguely made up numbers, we pull the spring back a few centimeters, as accurately as we can and let it fly. It hits dead center. We are so anstonished we start dancing and gloating, yelling about having made up two of our tests and STILL beating everyone else. My teacher is pissed, but gives us the extra credit as well. Turns out we were the only group out of both physics classes to get a bullseye.

MalaysianShrew on
    Never trust a big butt and a smile.
  • LateralistLateralist Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Well I've scraped through innumerable essays and tests with some clever bullshit and important sounding words over the course of high school and college, though none really stick out as being all that impressive.

However the talk of urban legends led me to this gem, which if real is sheer genius. Anyone out there taking a psych class wanna try it?

Lateralist on
  • jedijzjedijz Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    maths2.jpg

I knew a guy who did something similar and got suspended and couldn't attend his graduation ceremony because it was perceived as a threat to the teacher.

jedijz on
    Goomba wrote: »
    It is no easy task winning a 1v3. You must jump many a hurdle, bettering three armies, the smallest.

Aye, no mere man may win an uphill battle against thrice your men, it takes a courageous heart and will that makes steel look like copper. When you are that, then, and only then, may you win a 1v3.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BlindProphet
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Lateralist wrote:
    Well I've scraped through innumerable essays and tests with some clever bullshit and important sounding words over the course of high school and college, though none really stick out as being all that impressive.

However the talk of urban legends led me to this gem, which if real is sheer genius. Anyone out there taking a psych class wanna try it?

That sounds like a great way to get sent to the Ethics Committee, or whatever the equivalent is at any decent school.

Fencingsax on
  • mrcheesypantsmrcheesypants Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    My HS Latin teacher used to have two final exams: the real exam and the "Mickey Mouse" exam. The Mickey Mouse exam was a reward for those who achieved an average of 95% or above and didn't want to waste an exemption. I was fortunate enough to take this exam which included a false section and an essay question of "draw the Trojan Horse."

mrcheesypants on
    Diamond Code: 2706 8089 2710
    Oh god. When I was younger, me and my friends wanted to burn the Harry Potter books.

Then I moved to Georgia.
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    My HS Latin teacher used to have two final exams: the real exam and the "Mickey Mouse" exam. The Mickey Mouse exam was a reward for those who achieved an average of 95% or above and didn't want to waste an exemption. I was fortunate enough to take this exam which included a false section and an essay question of "draw the Trojan Horse."

That is amazing.

A "false" section.

Magical.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    Goumindong wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Depends on whether x is approaching 8 from the left or right, I guess.
    No, you dont guess, it does.
    Yeah I've learned to soften my mathematical assertions on this board, mostly because there are enough opinionated nerds on here that any strong assertion runs the risk of starting a big slap-fight.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    galenblade wrote:
    Another had obviously not prepared a topic for a choose-your-own session, and did it on the topic of bullshit, bullshitting the entire speech. He got an A.
    I did that once. I worked in something about repetition and then subtly slipped into repeating a large portion of the speech.

Aroused Bull on
  • GrimmGrimm Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    thorgot wrote:
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    The one time I completely failed to read the instructions on an exam - we had been told that there would be three long-answer questions on our Roman history exam, and what some of the questions might be.

So I studied and prepared my answers, and on the day of the exam I write three awesome, solid essays. I get out and my friend says "pretty big relief that she only assigned one long-answer question in the end, huh?"

Our professor was pregnant at the time and decided that it would be a whole lot easier on all involved to cut down the size of the exam . . . which was great for anyone who actually read the instructions :o
    Similarly, in my AP US History class a few years ago, we had a test on April Fools day. The teacher gave us the usual multiple choice, and a choice of two long essays. But in tiny print at the bottom, she wrote "If you read this, you will get full credit on the essay, as long as you don't hand one in."

A few people handed in essays. I think she took pity on them and gave them full credit, though.

I had a test kinda like that in high school. The last line of the instructions said if your still reading this, just write your name on the top of the page, turn it over on your desk, and sit quietly till the class is over. If you said anything to anyone else, you failed. More then half the class finished the test and got graded on what they did, the rest of us got 100%.

Grimm on
  • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I can honestly admit that I've only cheated once in my academic career.

It was in my high-school Spanish II class. Understand first off that my Spanish teacher was a native Parisian. Spanish was her third language (French being her first, English her second). Needless to say, you could barely understand anything she said in English, much less in Spanish. So basically, the only reason I cheated in this class was that I felt if the school couldn't provide us with a better Spanish teacher in a state that has over a 50% Hispanic population, I shouldn't have to put in the effort to legitimately pass the course.

So anyway, I had actually been doing decently up until a certain point about a month before the end of the semester. Several weeks earlier, she had handed out the "Friends, Romans, Countrymen" speech from Julius Caesar in Spanish, and said that we would have to memorize it and recite it from memory. This thing made up about a third of our grade, and so if I failed this thing I'd probably fail the whole class. I dreaded it, and continued putting it off over and over again, until finally the night before I was supposed to recite it I pulled it out.

There was no way I was going to be able to memorize this crap.

I instead came up with an elaborate plan involving sign language, visual cues, and writing on my hand. This would work, it HAD to work. It didn't work. The next day when we got to class, she told us she had caught some people from previous classes cheating and was going to be watching us like a hawk, taking out hard copies of the speech before it was our turn, and checking for cheaters. I was screwed.

But then, at my darkest hour, when I was next in line to recite the speech, I was hit with a flash of brilliant desperation. I noticed that I had somehow obtained two hard copies of the speech. She called my name, and I went for it. I grabbed my binder and placed both copies of the speech on top, then walked up to the podium. At the podium, I set my binder down with both copies on top, and when she glared at me I said "Oh, sorry, I forgot," and handed her my copy that was on top. Somehow, thanks to some divine intervention, she didn't notice the other copy I had with me.

Giving my best pained "remembering" expression, I slowly read through the speech. I appropriately paused and looked down at my feet at times when I would "forget" the next part (at which times I would read over the next few sentences). Finally, I made it through to the end, picked up my binder while concealing the extra copy, and sat back down.

I got an A. It was at the same time the most triumphant and contemptible moment of my young life.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • MoridinMoridin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Big Dookie wrote:
    I got an A. It was at the same time the most triumphant and contemptible moment of my young life.

I feel forced memorization in any form in public school is a cruel, cruel assignment on students.

The only pertinent story I can remember is a friend of my Dad's in college. For their term paper for Petroleum Engineering, they had to turn in something ...well, about Petroleum Engineering.

In the last week of school of this guy's senior year, he decides he doesn't want to be a Petroleum Engineer and turns in a paper on bass fishing.

(he failed)

Moridin on
    sig10008eq.png
  • s_86s_86 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    -

s_86 on
  • CheezyCheezy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    If I ever get stuck on a paper, I'm totally going to go into a written form of the lumberjack song.

Cheezy on
  • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    s_86 wrote:
    From the discussion of my gr 12 Physics ISU on building a trebuchet

At first, our thoughts were to add different innovative modifications in order to have the best scoring trebuchet, since this was a competition in scoring against the other trebuchets built in our class. After all, if everyone built the classic trebuchet design, we’d all get around the same score.

A few days later it came to our realization that the classic trebuchet has been unchanged since the medieval age, which denoted perfection. Our new plan was to hope that everyone else would have modifications, and we wouldn’t.
    Did you win?

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • s_86s_86 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    -

s_86 on
  • CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    some kid in yorkshire killed himself during the exam due to stress; he put two pens in his nose, and then slammed his head onto the desk.

[spoiler:6c9a897710]may be some sort of urban legend. I'll look it up.[/spoiler:6c9a897710]

I'm pretty sure that it is.

http://www.snopes.com/college/exam/pencils.asp

Also, this seems pertinent to this thread:

http://www.snopes.com/college/exam/exam.asp

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • TorgoTorgo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    My final semester long project for my hardest class in college was a installation and full documentation of an IT project we did for a client for free. We had to pick the client, then do the work, install, and then present what we did. The most impressive group project got the highest grade, as voted on by their peers.

All this did was turn the entire project into a sniping contest between groups, as people would present items and then the other groups would try to nail them in front of class to try to knock down their scores.

Our project was barely functional because of the slackers in our group, but our team leader pulled some miracles during the bullshitting session and we escaped. One team was determined to knock us down, but we got through with only minor damage.

After that group presented their "Online Wine Order" web page, I raised my hand. They had built a very impressive system, did all the work of labeling and scanning all the bottles in a store, and input all this by hand into the store. They thought that doing all this by hand was going to win them the highest grade.

I raised my hand and asked, "Hey, where in your system do you check ID's to see if people are of the legal drinking age? In a college town, it's likely minors might try to order. Do you have any safeguards against this?"

The group basically looked at each other, said, "Oh shit" and bullshitted an answer to cover their asses. I got some seriously hateful looks after that presentation was over. They totally deserved that.

Torgo on
    History is a spoiler for the future. (Me on Twitter)
  • TorgoTorgo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Grimm wrote:
    thorgot wrote:
    Andrew_Jay wrote:

I had a test kinda like that in high school. The last line of the instructions said if your still reading this, just write your name on the top of the page, turn it over on your desk, and sit quietly till the class is over. If you said anything to anyone else, you failed. More then half the class finished the test and got graded on what they did, the rest of us got 100%.

I've had these sorts of tests happen twice on the SAME day and the SAME people do the test twice.

Torgo on
    History is a spoiler for the future. (Me on Twitter)
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    s_86 wrote:
    Big Dookie wrote:
    s_86 wrote:
    From the discussion of my gr 12 Physics ISU on building a trebuchet

At first, our thoughts were to add different innovative modifications in order to have the best scoring trebuchet, since this was a competition in scoring against the other trebuchets built in our class. After all, if everyone built the classic trebuchet design, we’d all get around the same score.

A few days later it came to our realization that the classic trebuchet has been unchanged since the medieval age, which denoted perfection. Our new plan was to hope that everyone else would have modifications, and we wouldn’t.
    Did you win?
    One part of the project was marked on your Score = [(Range)(Weight of water balloon)(#of balloons that hit target out of 10)] / (Mass of Trebuchet).
    It was top 25% of class gets 4 marks, next 25% gets 3, then 2, then 1. It was pretty competitively mean. Yeah, I got the 4 marks, but I dunno if I came first.

I saw kids doing that a school over from my highschool once. Driving by the school and I see some kids using a catapult or trebuchet and they used a girl for aiming practice. My physics final project was making a motor, however I didn't take physics in grade 12, but they did a mini catapult type thing.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • NoomNoom Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Whenever I can't think of an answer I tend to write a joke answer.
    On a biochem final where it asked to describe and diagram how insulin gets into cells and what it interacts with when inside. I wrote that insulin uses it's lazer beams to blast a hole in the cellular defense matrix, and then fires a torpedo down the ventilation shaft of glucose (noting that advanced insulin does not require a targeting computer for this) and diagrammed it all.
    I also probably should not have answered the question on hemoglobin with VAMPIRES! THE VAMPIRES ARE EVERYWHERE

I did not do well in this course.

Noom on
    sig.gif
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Noom wrote:
    Whenever I can't think of an answer I tend to write a joke answer.
    On a biochem final where it asked to describe and diagram how insulin gets into cells and what it interacts with when inside. I wrote that insulin uses it's lazer beams to blast a hole in the cellular defense matrix, and then fires a torpedo down the ventilation shaft of glucose (noting that advanced insulin does not require a targeting computer for this) and diagrammed it all.
    I also probably should not have answered the question on hemoglobin with VAMPIRES! THE VAMPIRES ARE EVERYWHERE

I did not do well in this course.
    Oh Noom, not a day goes by I don't thank a multitude of god's for your presence, just so that, if one of them turns out to exist, he knows I'm all appreciating the work he/she/it did fucking with your mind to turn out the comedy gold.

electricitylikesme on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    My friend had this History teacher last year who assigned them a short essay every week. Well, she was consistently getting an 87 on each of them, which frustrated her to no end. So she decided to just check how he graded the essays, exactly. Her first sentence was a restatement of the the question; for the rest of the essay, she repeated the lyrics for Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds until she filled up the page. Last sentence pertained to the topic.

She got an 87 again. I wisely chose to avoid her the rest of the day; she was triumphant, but dangerously livid.

Also, to contribute to the maths, an image I found while browsing SE:

substitute.png

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • ToadTheMushroomToadTheMushroom Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    During our finals we all had a huge bet among the year (the pot was like £200) to put the work cock in all our exam answers. And not slyly but blatantly, like describing a dick.

Was fucking hilarious when we saw our papers. Some people basically just:

Steve and his father would often walk around the park becausecockthey enjoyed the outdoors.

Also, whomever could spend that years student loan the fastest had it paid back by the lecturers (the risk being, if you spend it and lose, you lose it all).

One guy took 3 seconds to blow 2 grand on a macbook from the uni shop.

ToadTheMushroom on
    edited January 2007
    I had it worked out my senior year that, even though I had slacked off the first three years, if I could get at least a 90 on every single assignment, every. single. assignment., I would be atleast second in my class. Might not have been correct but I went into to senior year so determined. First paper I got back in sociology, first assignment of the year, I got an 85, turns out I forgot to flip the paper over. Fucking first period starting at 7:15.

Speaking of sociology, the teacher had no problem with quizzes but hated tests and exams. So we had multiple choice questions like "What is the correct spelling of my last name?"

CrimsonKing on