As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MotW 11/129/2008 - Nothing Important Happened Today

Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Graphic Violence
Or so one would believe, given the lack of post.

Anyway, my moments of the week came from Ex Machina.
EM39p15.jpg

EM39p16.jpg

EM39p17.jpg

Ice cold, Hundred.

Also, for those who're following Batman R.I.P., the recently awful Batman & the Outsiders dashed at least one popular theory about the Black Glove.
Alfred is still around post-R.I.P., and since Cassandra does not treat him any differently I think it's safe to assume that he is not the Black Glove.

Robos A Go Go on

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    fffffffffffuuuuck I want to catch up on Ex Machina

haven't even gotten the newest trade

Sars_Boy on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Thunderbolts #126. Holy fuck. The spoilers therein:
    It doesn't completely spoil the ending to Secret Invasion but it pretty much spells out the skrulls lose in the end and Osbourne played a big role in it.

The writing was also spectacular. The art was ok.

Fantastic Four was pretty good as well. I should have seen the hooded man's identity coming a mile away.
    It's Wolverine, BTW.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    My moment of the weak was the last page in X-Factor. Siryn, talking with Valerie..
    "Will you stop calling me "Terry" like we're pals?"
    "Theresa.."
    "That's better, although-"
    "Theresa, if you had to use the bathroom against you should have just said so."
    "What are you talking about, I don't have to...oh....crap...my water just broke."

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You better be joking.

DouglasDanger on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Jesus it has been so obvious for so long now that Alfred is not the Black Glove God

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Goon--The look on Goon's face when Bela says she loved him.

Algertman on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Jesus it has been so obvious for so long now that Alfred is not the Black Glove God

What is this in response to? I didn't go to the comic shop today, but I didn't think a new Batman was out this week. . .

Lucascraft on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Uncanny was awesome

Dr. Nemesis is fucking rad

Mai-Kero on
  • Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Lucascraft wrote: »

What is this in response to? I didn't go to the comic shop today, but I didn't think a new Batman was out this week. . .

the second spoiler in the first post

Diablo Fett on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Yeah, but it was nice to have it confirmed.

Robos A Go Go on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have got to stop reading Scalped. It tears me up inside every time I read it. It's so good, but goddamn it. It's just so ... argh.

Ex Machina did that, too, but for totally different reasons.

Crimsondude on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I was talking about the Hooded Man revelation. I haven't been reading any of Millar's stuff, but if that is who it is, and the poster was not joking... I'm not even going to consider reading the trades when they come around.

DouglasDanger on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I was talking about the Hooded Man revelation. I haven't been reading any of Millar's stuff, but if that is who it is, and the poster was not joking... I'm not even going to consider reading the trades when they come around.
    why?

Sars_Boy on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Fantastic Four was pretty good as well. I should have seen the hooded man's identity coming a mile away.
    It's Wolverine, BTW.

I CALLED THAT SHIT SO HARD

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wiggin?

Crimsondude on
    edited November 2008
    I did though

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Please take the next three months to tell us all about it Bale

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Age of the Sentry, drawn by Colleen Coover? Yes please.

Wildcat on
  • SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ex Machina - how is that series? I had been thinking about picking it up in trades.

Slagmire on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Yeah, but it was nice to have it confirmed.

Robin confirmed it like 4 months ago.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Slagmire wrote: »
    Ex Machina - how is that series? I had been thinking about picking it up in trades.

This is just my oppinion but I'd say it's easily one of the top 5 books being published right now.

It's a very compelling story with some of the most interesting characters I've read in years.

Now, someone want to explain to me how Young X-Men was so awesome this month? Is the current creative team on the book for a while? The art was awesome and the writing (it's Guggenheim) actually reminded me of Fraction.

My favorite part was them talking about busting the tattoo guys operation - which is in an abandoned paint ball arena:
    (paraphrased)
    Anole: Are we seriously busting up a criminal hideout that's in a paint ball field? What is this, an episode of Law and Order?
    Santos: "Dun-dun"

You probably have to see the actual page but it made me laugh.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Anti-moment of the week for me is Paul Jenkins coming to my comic shop yesterday and me MISSING IT. Funny thing is he actually bought the hardcover of Mythos which had his Cap one-shot in it because Marvel hadn't sent it to him yet.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have got to stop reading Scalped. It tears me up inside every time I read it. It's so good, but goddamn it. It's just so ... argh.

A friend loaned me the first three Trades last week, and I have to agree that it's top notch.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    Only read a couple of books last night but so far my favorite moment was Allen the Alien's "Very." panel from Invincible.

DMAC on
    edited November 2008
    Ringo wrote: »

If I am also right about who the President is I just might

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Isn't the President
    The Red Skull?

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited November 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »

What's your guess?
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Isn't the President
    The Red Skull?

He clearly was at some point, but it's possible he was deposed as well, as Magneto was.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited November 2008
    I'm just repeating what I heard. I haven't been following Wolverine, FF, or 1985 at all, so I'm not exactly knowledgeable about what's been going on.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited November 2008
    Red Skull's face appears alongside the other presidents' in that future's version of Mount Rushmore.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited November 2008
    According to Millar, the future Defenders in FF are from 450 years in the future of the Old Man Logan timeline. I was under the impression that almost all the heroes were killed in that timeline, so I wonder how the heck there can even be Defenders. And whatever happened to the failsafe Earth that was being constructed?

I really need to go back and read these comics because right now it isn't making a lot of sense to me.

wwtMask on
    edited November 2008

What's your guess?
    Reed Richards

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    According to Millar, the future Defenders in FF are from 450 years in the future of the Old Man Logan timeline. I was under the impression that almost all the heroes were killed in that timeline, so I wonder how the heck there can even be Defenders. And whatever happened to the failsafe Earth that was being constructed?

I really need to go back and read these comics because right now it isn't making a lot of sense to me.
    Reed and Sue did not die in the apocalypse that leads to the Old Man Logan timeline, in the most recent issue as they pass the remains of the Baxter Building, Hawkeye tells Logan "We never did find out what happaned to Reed and Sue."

And in the latest issue of FF, Sue implies that Reed did something to allow her to live as long as she did so she could save whats left of humanity.

As for how there can still be Defenders, they are all new characters, the "Hulk" guy calls Logan "Dad" at one point.

And again in the most recent issue of FF, the failsafe Earth is where they end up sending all the people that Sue and the Defenders were trying to pull back in time.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DMAC wrote: »
    Only read a couple of books last night but so far my favorite moment was Allen the Alien's "Very." panel from Invincible.

Allen is back?

Oh god oh god oh god COMIC BOOK SHOP AWAY

(fun fact: you once made me an allen the alien avatar)

Cosmic Sombrero on
    edited November 2008

Reed and Sue did not die in the apocalypse that leads to the Old Man Logan timeline, in the most recent issue as they pass the remains of the Baxter Building, Hawkeye tells Logan "We never did find out what happaned to Reed and Sue."

And in the latest issue of FF, Sue implies that Reed did something to allow her to live as long as she did so she could save whats left of humanity.

As for how there can still be Defenders, they are all new characters, the "Hulk" guy calls Logan "Dad" at one point.

And again in the most recent issue of FF, the failsafe Earth is where they end up sending all the people that Sue and the Defenders were trying to pull back in time.

Man, that's a lot of stuff. I get a strong feeling that Christos Gage is going to be tasked with either doing a What If? issue related to this timeline, or a mini detailing the cataclysm and events that lead up to Old Man Logan/Future Defenders.

wwtMask on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    When is this run of FF finished? I really want to read it in trade.

SatanIsMyMotor on
    edited November 2008
    I think it's 8 more issues. Millar was originally only going to do a year, but I think they added 4 issues on.

wwtMask on
    edited November 2008

What's your guess?
    Reed Richards

That was my guess too, though it's complicated by the fact that one would expect the President to be a public figure.

Robos A Go Go on
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DMAC wrote: »

"Best idea ever."

Green on
    edited November 2008

What's your guess?
    Reed Richards

That was my guess too, though it's complicated by the fact that one would expect the President to be a public figure.

Well it would have to be under a new identity yeah

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    Awesome X-Factor moments:

XFactor37Zone-Meganpg07.jpg

XFactor37Zone-Meganpg09.jpg

XFactor37Zone-Meganpg10.jpg
    XFactor37Zone-Meganpg20.jpg

XFactor37Zone-Meganpg21.jpg

Robos A Go Go on