As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mac issue / a complaint

jippeejippee Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
I am a huge fan of PA, and really adore episode 1, ordered ep2 as soon as it came out. Imagine my disappointment that when I fire it up, video/animations went all blocky, character import from ep1 causes to freeze my system (a considerably admirable feat in OSx) so hard that I had to literally pull the f"ing plug from the socket. That when I -sigh- start anew with a fresh character, I get the shit kicked out of me by level1 asylum assholes, because the whole thing acts in slow motion, and ends up not reacting to any keyboard command at all.
This is where I gave up for now and instead started my membership here.

I don't know if this is a bug, or ep2 is intentionally way more heavy than ep1, rendering my mac mini useless for this game, which personally seems to me as ridiculous since ep2 doesn't look that different from ep1.

I'd sincerely like an answer to this issue, because it might mean the choice between $15 for the next installment and the purchase of a new heavy-duty Mac.

love
josephine

Nellie the elephant packed her trunk
and trundled off to the jungle
off she rode with a trumpety trump
trump trump trump

jippee on

• LinkWorshiperLinkWorshiper Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I run a MacPro, and mine's a bit laggy too, though I blame that more on me probably running too many other programs while I play, haha. Still, it wasn't so bad towards the start of the game, but in intense battles, where there are a lot of enemy waves, sometimes the game freaks out on me. There was one particular batch I had to dodge because every time the new wave would come, the game would linger in this half battle half roaming sort of limbo. What kind of resolution are you running it at, though? Maybe you should check out the settings for the game next time you launch it?

LinkWorshiper on
  • jippeejippee Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that I fixed the problem a while ago... It was,indeed, the resomolution setting. It automatically started up using the largest one, of which I can only imagine that it's quite useful if you use a beamer to project it on a wall... When I switched it back to the old resomolutions it didn't crash, and it allowed me to import my ep1 chars. Ep2 is a lot laggier than ep1, but not so that I can't play. I did give up on overkills, though, it's just not going to happen...

thanks for the reaction!

jippee on
    Nellie the elephant packed her trunk
    and trundled off to the jungle
    off she rode with a trumpety trump
    trump trump trump