As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MotW 11/129/2008 - Nothing Important Happened Today

• DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Thunderbolts continues to rocketh my sockseth off.

DarkWarrior on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm pretty worried about Songbird.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited November 2008
    I wouldn't be. If they wer egoing to kill her it'd be kinda pointless to save it until the next comic then just do it in the first few frames. Something will interfere.

Hopefully.

EDIT: And Moonstone or whatefver shes called brought Venom into play and I only remember her saying that Chen and Songbird were remaining as targets. So I assume Songbird will escape and be forced to face off with Venom.

Unless Venom has snuck aboard Chens shuttle.

DarkWarrior on
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Flash this week was mostly Wally thinking about his past, not a bad recap.

But then the last page: :(
    22kq1.jpg

JoeUser on
    edited November 2008
    I wouldn't be. If they wer egoing to kill her it'd be kinda pointless to save it until the next comic then just do it in the first few frames. Something will interfere.

Hopefully.

EDIT: And Moonstone or whatefver shes called brought Venom into play and I only remember her saying that Chen and Songbird were remaining as targets. So I assume Songbird will escape and be forced to face off with Venom.

Unless Venom has snuck aboard Chens shuttle.
    Something will interfere, sure, but it's clear that Osborne and his team are going to win this fight.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Ringo wrote: »
    Please take the next three months to tell us all about it Bale

If I am also right about who the President is I just might

What's your guess?
    Reed Richards

That was my guess too, though it's complicated by the fact that one would expect the President to be a public figure.

Well it would have to be under a new identity yeah
    hmmm that would be interesting
    I forget was reed in the future depicted in FF at all?

Sars_Boy on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Ringo wrote: »
    Please take the next three months to tell us all about it Bale

If I am also right about who the President is I just might

What's your guess?
    Reed Richards

That was my guess too, though it's complicated by the fact that one would expect the President to be a public figure.

Well it would have to be under a new identity yeah
    hmmm that would be interesting
    I forget was reed in the future depicted in FF at all?

nope
    Sue just mentions that he's dead, but we dont know how and from last week's Wolverine we know it didnt happen when everyone else died.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I really like this whole future timeline that Millar made

Sars_Boy on
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    JoeUser wrote: »

22kq1.jpg

That was amazing, reminded me of a Barry Allen story. We'll see what happens - I like reading the history because I've been reading the actual issues they were talking about!

X-Files #1 this week was pretty cool. I can't wait for more, it is written by Frank Spotnitz - he was a writer for the show, perhaps the best.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    JoeUser wrote: »

22kq1.jpg

I really don't care how shocking your pronouncement is, i'm not going to take you seriously in those shorts.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I didn't know Kevin Smith was The Spectre

Green on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    He's not. if he was, he'd be talking about menstruation, rape, and heroin.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2008
    Some highlights from Ambush Bug: Year None #4
    1220r9e.jpg

343oxt5.jpg

2v2jv5l.jpg

2dgvoer.jpg

66gha0.jpg

a5gfvo.jpg

Garlic Bread on
  • Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I read those scans of X-Factor three times. I still have no idea what's going on.

Jester313 on
    edited November 2008
    Jester313 wrote: »
    I read those scans of X-Factor three times. I still have no idea what's going on.
    They're attempting to rescue Darwin from some guy. In the first scan, they fall through the floor and Madrox wonders why Longshot's luck ability didn't prevent that from happening. A moment later, an explosion that would have killed most of them goes off, but they're safe because they on the floor below. Monet didn't, fall, though, and her clothes are burned off in the process.

In the second scan, Madrox attempts to get info from a guy by threatening to create a duplicate of himself inside him, which would be messy. His dupe then hits him in the back of the head, creating that dupe against Madrox's wishes.

Here's another example of him doing what he did in the second set of scans.
    X-FactorAnnual081993Large-30.jpg

Robos A Go Go on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The time when he killed Mellencamp was way better (in part because the art was so much better).

mattharvest on
  • muninnmuninn Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I havent read all the way through my stack, but Thunderbolts series is developing in an interesting direction. I wonder if the writer will have enough guts and editorial control to follow up all the way through...

muninn on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    "My new boots..."

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • frayfray Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's been said already but yeah, Thunderbolts, and specifically the Songbird/Radioactive man/Bullseye scene would be my motw hands down. Although finding a bunch of old Alan Moore swamp thing trades in the library would be a close second.

Oh, and Ghost Rider was good this month.

fray on
    "I told you," said Ford. "Eddies in the space-time continuum."
    "And this is his sofa, is it?" said Arthur.
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The time when he killed Mellencamp was way better (in part because the art was so much better).

I remember reading that one over and over as a kid. I'll try to dig out that issue and scan it later.

Munch on
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    This week's Robin was really awesome too, I loved the part where
    He uses Scarecrow's nightmare gas on the gangs and justifies it in his head (like Batman!) and later on Spoiler is talking to Alfred about it and he justifies it too... I'm guessing she's doing all this (hiring people to kill him) so she can make him 'harder' a la Zoom to Flash

Unless I'm totally missing something

Also in Flash, Batman says something totally awesome...
    Linda is sleeping in the hospital, all wrecked by the bees and his kids are sleeping next to her, and Batman shows up to tell him some info and Wally has to leave... Batman says he'll find someone to stay with the family because "He's not a face one should wake up to" D:

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
    edited November 2008
    So Madrox doesn't have control over creation of his duplicates? If he gets jarred around, he duplicates himself?

Jester313 on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So Madrox doesn't have control over creation of his duplicates? If he gets jarred around, he duplicates himself?

It seems like he can control it if he is expecting a hit but if he gets hit and he's not expecting it sometimes they pop out. It varies a bit.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    At least in the miniseries it looked like he could do it on command, it wouldn't trigger for things like walking or stubbing his toe or high-fiving or something. But it also seems to happen whenever he gets punched. Then again, that's basically his only power in a fight, so it might just be him letting it happen.

Which reminds me: I think Multiple Man would make a cooler movie than say, Ant-Man. I mean, he had to talk one of his selfs down from suiciding, that was awesome.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The dupes pop out only when Jamie absorbs a certain amount of kinetic energy. Generally, if he stomps his foot hard, one will pop out.`

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited November 2008
    That is awesome. Can he make them go away on command? If one dies, does he die?

I find him fascinating.

Jester313 on
    edited November 2008
    If one dies, he doesn't die. But if he reabsorbs them he does gain their knowledge.

EDIT: I think he absorbs their injuries to. But they partially repair based on his healthier frame and vice versa.

DarkWarrior on
    edited November 2008
    He actually has a wide array of knowledge thanks to sending dupes out into the world to become experts in various fields and then absorbing them upon their return. He's not to Batman levels of prepared, but he's well-equipped.

Robos A Go Go on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

You mean, "If Siryn was too vigorous doing reverse cowgirl, would it turn into a threesome?"

Crimsondude on
    edited November 2008
    Hasn't he already done that with her?

DarkWarrior on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    He had sex with Monet and Siryn the same night, but the real him was with Siryn and he didn't know about the one with Monet, I think.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man, Multiple Man is so awesome. More trades I need to buy.

DouglasDanger on
    edited November 2008
    Best Multiple Man trades....GO!!

Jester313 on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Best Multiple Man trades....GO!!

Just buy all the X-Factor trades, starting with the Madrox miniseries

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

You mean, "If Siryn was too vigorous doing reverse cowgirl, would it turn into a threesome?"

If I recall correctly, there was a throwaway line in Morrison's New X-men where Siryn asked Madrox if he ever just made a bunch of dupes and started an orgy with himself...kinky.

Three cheers if someone can find the scan of that.

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    "I'm not gay! I'm masturbating!"

Crimsondude on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Have they explained the duplication of his clothes?

Are they special clothes?

Does he have a duplication field?

If he has a dupe field, could he counterfeit money in it?

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited November 2008
    Have they explained the duplication of his clothes?

Are they special clothes?

Does he have a duplication field?

If he has a dupe field, could he counterfeit money in it?

I don't know the specifics, but he can seemingly duplicate any inorganic item he's in contact with.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wiki says
    Madrox's duplications also creates copies of the clothing he is wearing and a HYDRA scientist has speculated that he could duplicate any matter he is holding, a power surpassing simple self-duplication. His powers have, at least once, been shown to affect the actual design of the shirt he was wearing.

Sharp101 on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    Wiki says
    Madrox's duplications also creates copies of the clothing he is wearing and a HYDRA scientist has speculated that he could duplicate any matter he is holding, a power surpassing simple self-duplication. His powers have, at least once, been shown to affect the actual design of the shirt he was wearing.

The implications of that could be quite frightening. Well they would be if he was a supervillian.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg