As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Swordcraft Story 2: 400% more bestiality

2»

• Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It seems like the characters are really fleshed out and fun. Looks like a lot of cuteness, but the boringness comments are kind of turning me off. I mean, the lesbians help, but boring is boring.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Zhou wrote:
    Who else was lured in here merely by the 400% more lesbians comment.

Be honest.

This is the only reason I came into this thread, and I'm sorely disappointed.

Good day sirs.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    summon%20night%202-01.png
    summon%20night%202-02.png

These images are just made of pure greatness, are there more moments like that in the game?

Silpheed on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The game is fairly littered with points that made me laugh. I've never had a giant monster yell "BE! MORE! SEXY!" at me before.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Zhou wrote:

Be honest.

That'd be me. Grossly disappointed.
    Thread does not deliver.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Seriously, do you all have reading disabilities?

summon%20night%202_06.png
    summon%20night%202_07.png
    summon%20night%202_08.png

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Arno talking about Lynn being wiggly was pretty amusing. Nobody really knows if he's a girl or not, so... there's at least 20% lesbian there.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I came for the lesbians and then stayed for what turns out to be what looks to be an awesomely fun game. The IGN review says fights are kind of menial and too easy but overall it is funny and worthwhile it says. And other reviews speak of a positively good time with it.

And some of the screenshots I seen dealt with female voyeurism.

I had no idea that I would be buying a GBA game ever again.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    ArminasArminas Student of Life SF, CARegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Zhou wrote:

Be honest.

yes, I really was lured in by said comments. However...
    Silpheed wrote:

These images are just made of pure greatness, are there more moments like that in the game?

After seeing those images I am biting hook, line and sinker. And I saw that someone said that purchasing the first game isn't necessary so I'm totally going out solely for this tomorrow morning. God, why didn't anyone mention it sooner? I hope that the humor is truly prevalent as it seems. Maybe I should go sell Contact...I never really got very far into it, something of a letdown to be honest (battle system and all, uh, i'll stop there before I derail the thread)

Arminas on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Good lord, are you people blind? I already said there's more of them than in the first game! D:
    That is just so not true. Sure, Lynn seems to love the ladies, but that never goes anywhere. As for the others... meh.

Nothing can surpass Sugar's constant attempt to get into Pratty's pants or Razzy's wondering if girls can get merry with girls.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I was expecting something a little more...graphic. Also, those girls are like 12 :?

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    blizzard224blizzard224 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Cute girls, good combat, good setting.

:winky:

Do want.

Much.

I buy it on the hope that in transcends into a H game halfway through :wink:

blizzard224 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2006

Do want.

Much.

There's other reasons people will buy the game? We all know that this much lauded "storyline" and "characters" they talk about, are just euphinisms for "I hope my main character sleeps with everything on the screen that has a vagina"

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    leaf wrote:

Do want.

Much.

There's other reasons people will buy the game? We all know that this much lauded "storyline" and "characters" they talk about, are just euphinisms for "I hope my main character sleeps with everything on the screen that has a vagina"

At least they bothered to throw in a good game. :lol:

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I just clicked on your Jackface Civil War sig by accident. I'm laughing so hard now.

Guy who was worried about complaints of boring: Yes, the first one was 80% cutscene too.

Edit: I couldn't find this at EBGames. They seem to have axed the GBA section. What gives?

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    eaglearchereaglearcher Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Thread failed, I see no lesbians. Innuendo doesn't count.

eaglearcher on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Thread failed, I see no lesbians. Innuendo doesn't count.
    :|

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    I was told there would be bestiality.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Does anyone have a link for the "Shut your noise holes!" line?

That was priceless and it would get much use around here.

But, all in all, this game was really mediocre.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm really tired of clicking my "next line" button. Why the hell is there so many lines to go through?

It serously ticks me off when I have to skip through five minutes of chatter just to beat up a level 1 monster then skip 10 more minutes of pointless chatter to kill another level1 monster and then be hit by the opening credits.

Aside for that, it's an addictive game to play and some of the lines and characters are fairly entertaining... aside from the fact that they are obvious Disgaea clones.

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Solution: Stop restarting your game and just pick the loli demon girl like you know you want to.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    But Dinah has the weakest dialogue... :?

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    ZarcathZarcath Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hahahaha. Win.

I like how the Hammer is down when he says the part about the woman.

Zarcath on
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    That line is in Swordcraft Story 1, too. And then the protagonist goes and repeats it to a guard who won't let her enter the labyrinth without a weapon. He's like: ...riiiiiiight. I admire your determination!

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    ArminasArminas Student of Life SF, CARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So I'm an hour or two into the game and loving it. but there's something I don't understand. A salesman/his brother tell me to disassemble my weapons and (I assume) recreate them. What benefit do I gain from this? I noticed that if I used a different material I got a different weapon, but what if I keep recreating using iron ore, is there a stats boost?

EDIT:
    Okay, so I found out that disassembling and recreating it does indeed increase stats even if you use the same material. Unfortunately, after recreating it, I noticed that my TEC with the weapon would half. (I only tried this with my amateur axe) and that after the first recreate, my stats no longer changed.

[spoiler:c8d4024ed8] Okay, so I read a guide or two. Better stats remain/appear with a higher tec when using the same shape/material. [/spoiler:c8d4024ed8]

Arminas on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Yup. You pretty much make a new weapon, break it down when you've got more new materials and experience with it and that builds up the weapon's base shapestone.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    There is so much innuendo and the like in this game, I don't know how you guys can't be satisfied.

For a good fifteen minutes, a good 4/5s of all the dialouge screens contained either the word "sexy" or "sexier".

And here are some quotes from during that time:

"I like being fiddled by her."

"Why does everyone fall in love with me? I'm a girl!"

"I'm naked, which I guess is the sexiest outfit of all."

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I picked up Swordcraft Story 1 today, so I'll definitely be sinking my teeth into this one when I have a few days off.

It looks very promising, but in true Atlus fashion, I've heard next to nothing about it.

Kami on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Kami wrote:
    I picked up Swordcraft Story 1 today, so I'll definitely be sinking my teeth into this one when I have a few days off.

It looks very promising, but in true Atlus fashion, I've heard next to nothing about it.

Make sure to play the first one first. The second one has a lot of cool stuff the first doesn't, so I can imagine it'd be hard to go into it after the sequel.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    Kami wrote:

Make sure to play the first one first as Pratty/Sugar

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Kami wrote:

I have no idea how many pages back it's hiding, but we had a brief thread on it several months ago.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Thread of days long past, I resurrect thee!

Finally picked this up using the last of my holiday EB Gift card and am ~20 hours into it.

[spoiler:f2fdab1d36]Just returned Nina to her body.[/spoiler:f2fdab1d36]

Having fun with the new forging system, even if that stupid fishing minigame is mind-numbing. Putting "Arm Breaker" on a high-level Axe makes it ridiculously easy to bust enemie's weapons, which I enjoy.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I've been working on #1 for a while, but I've officially gotten stumped somewhere on the 18th floor.

[spoiler:832f3ca184]The old man wanted me to get something for him, and there seems to be no way to get further into the dungeon at this point.[/spoiler:832f3ca184]

Once I finish #1, I'm pretty sure I'll get #2 on general principle.

For once, though, the male lead actually seems more interesting than the female one.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    cj:[spoiler:5b9d65fde7]Backtrack a bit. One of the floors has two exits.[/spoiler:5b9d65fde7]

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I've been meaning to pick one of these up, I've even seen them both at the local GameStop. The last time I was there, however, the sequel was 30 bucks and they still had a new copy of Astroboy for half that price, so I went with the latter.

I'll get it eventually...

Man of the Waves on