As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What about another 1st night movie?

digitalodindigitalodin IowaRegistered User regular
edited March 2005 in PAX Archive
Last year was awesome with so many PAXians going to Hero. What about another 1st night movie like last year? I don't know what comes out around that time but we should still try to pull it off!

Boogle Boogle Bear...
digitalodin on

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2005
    Well, if it comes out when it's supposed to, we can all go see the Doom movie and MST3K it to shreds.

It would be fun.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2005
    I second that emotion

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    we can all go see the Doom movie and MST3K it to shreds.

It would be fun.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    Well, if it comes out when it's supposed to, we can all go see the Doom movie and MST3K it to shreds.

It would be fun.

Doom comes out on my birthday(which, was also the street date for Doom 3 though it made it to stores earlier then that), It makes me ashamed of being born on that day... Not that Ill care this year, Ill be turning Drunk this year...

If only Serenity would come out in August instead of September... God damn I cant wait to see that movie...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    We could always wander around Bellevue terrorising the nieghborhood. If about 50 people came into that one Subway or Circle K or the Safeway around the corner the employees would shit themselves.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    LincolnLincoln Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    Legacy wrote:

It would be fun.
    Indeed.

Lincoln on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2005
    Lincoln wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

It would be fun.
    Indeed.

So...once in a while you work at the Crossroads Gamestop? Or what? I was there today.

It's hard to track you down.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    Lincoln wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

It would be fun.
    Indeed.

So...once in a while you work at the Crossroads Gamestop? Or what? I was there today.

Yes, I rotate from Gamestop to Gamestop.

I'm a tricky little bastard.

Lincoln on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    Lincoln wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Lincoln wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

It would be fun.
    Indeed.

Do you work in the Software Etc(gamestop) in Bellevue Square or whatever?

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    Lincoln wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Lincoln wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

It would be fun.
    Indeed.

Yeah.

I work at like, four of them.

Lincoln on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    Lincoln wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Lincoln wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Lincoln wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

It would be fun.
    Indeed.

Yeah.

I work at like, four of them.

Tricky.

It must be some ploy to get me into as many Gamestops as possible so I will spend my money. Bastards.

Legacy on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    Hell yes. I'm in like Flynn.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    ctishman wrote:

Lincoln on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    Lincoln wrote:
    ctishman wrote:

We should raid whatever store you're working at. Go in there and start saying things like "STEAM STEAM LOL" and quoting AYB and other stupid shit.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    University of Oregon Bookstore, computers section. Problem is, you really wouldn't stand out in doing such things.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    ctishman wrote:
    University of Oregon Bookstore, computers section. Problem is, you really wouldn't stand out in doing such things.

Then we'll go in and start chanting "OSU! OSU! OSU!" or "USC! USC! USC!" just to be fucking assholes.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    Again, not so far out of place in our section. Go chant in sportswear though, and there's a good chance you'd be tossed out bodily by sweaty 60-year-olds wearing Duck regalia.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    Lincoln wrote:
    ctishman wrote:

We should raid whatever store you're working at. Go in there and start saying things like "STEAM STEAM LOL" and quoting AYB and other stupid shit.
    It would have to be an organized thing.

You'd have to figure out when I'm working, and then send out a person to all the Gamestops around here, and then you'd have to figure out which one was me.

Trust me, if I ever see any of you guys in one of my stores, I'll be sure to tell you.

Lincoln on
  • Options
    coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    Find a theater still playing Alone in the Dark?

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
  • Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    coolp wrote:
    Ye Gods, art thou a masochist? I can't speak for everyone, but I hold nothing but finely-honed contempt for Uwe Boll and everything Uwe Boll-like. It's so bad, I've even developed a sympathy-hate for Boll Weevils, Manute Bol, and Uwe-2.

The Doom movie has a high likelyhood of stinking, but will most certainly be worth attending for audience comments. I wonder if the protagonist will just get fed up with running out of ammo and solving puzzles and just shout "IDKFA" to the heavens?

I second the notion that it is a travesty that Serenity isn't opening until September 30th.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    Well, at least Karl Urban is in the Doom movie... Karl Urban is cool... Though, I dont think he can save the Doom movie, especially when starring with The Rock...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    XieflowXieflow Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    Xieflow on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    eelektrik wrote:
    Well, at least Karl Urban is in the Doom movie... Karl Urban is cool... Though, I dont think he can save the Doom movie, especially when starring with The Rock...

I think I'm gonna skip the Doom movie. It's not done by Uwe Boll, so... meh. No one else can do a video game movie like Uwe Boll.

Xieflow on
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2005
    The Rock is a good action star. The Rundown was great

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2005
    Borfase wrote:
    The Rock is a good action star. The Rundown was great

he is

futility on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    The Rundown was good because it had Christopher Walken in it... And as far as The Rock goes, for every Rundown, theres a Scorpion King....

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    slacktron wrote:
    coolp wrote:
    Ye Gods, art thou a masochist? I can't speak for everyone, but I hold nothing but finely-honed contempt for Uwe Boll and everything Uwe Boll-like. It's so bad, I've even developed a sympathy-hate for Boll Weevils, Manute Bol, and Uwe-2.

Well of course it's bad, but Doom actually has some inkling of hope in that it isn't being directed by Uwe Boll. If you're looking for a movie to tear apart, you might as well go all the way.

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    coolp wrote:
    slacktron wrote:
    coolp wrote:

Well of course it's bad, but Doom actually has some inkling of hope in that it isn't being directed by Uwe Boll. If you're looking for a movie to tear apart, you might as well go all the way.
    No theater here will still be running the movie, bub.

Lincoln on
  • Options
    digitalodindigitalodin IowaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2005
    I'm all for seeing a cheezy game movie and making fun of it the entire time...

Doom here we come!

digitalodin on
    Boogle Boogle Bear...
  • Options
    graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2005
    What movie comes out on a thursday night?

graizur on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    graizur wrote:

Most movies come out on a Friday. There are usually theaters that offer midnight showings of the latest movies Thursday night.

So... most movies come out thursday night?

Xieflow on
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    XieflowX wrote:
    graizur wrote:

Most movies come out on a Friday. There are usually theaters that offer midnight showings of the latest movies Thursday night.

I dont know about other places, but down here in Riverside, Ca the only movies that get midnight releases are the big name things, the Star Wars, LOTR, Matrix, etc...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited February 2005
    eelektrik wrote:
    XieflowX wrote:
    graizur wrote:

I dont know about other places, but down here in Riverside, Ca the only movies that get midnight releases are the big name things, the Star Wars, LOTR, Matrix, etc...

I haven't had a chance to check out how it works here in WA yet, but when I lived in Florida (other side of the world, I know), nearly every week we would go to the midnight showing of a new movie on thursday nights. They would do it with like every movie.

Xieflow on
  • Options
    FrowbakkFrowbakk Registered User regular
    edited February 2005
    XieflowX wrote:

Fixed WRONG, you mean...

The original line is "In like Flynn". Flynn, as in Errol Flynn - the swashbuckling movie actor who gould get IN to any womans pants he wanted to, hence 'In like Flynn"

In the 60's there were some schlock spy-movies with titles "In like Flint" & "Our Man Flint" which were clearly derivative of the original phrase.

So there.

:P

Then again, who cares what a guy who doesn't even have an avatar, much less an animated one, has to say...

Frowbakk on
    Your sig was too tall.
  • Options
    LogicLBLogicLB Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    A live action movie of Aeon Flux is also coming out on August 12. Stars Charlize Theron.

So we have Doom and Aeon Flux.......

Maybe we should just goto LANWerks

LogicLB on
    renton_tracks.jpg
  • Options
    SnowGhostSnowGhost Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    I say we combine the Doubletree room 520 festivities and 'movie night' into one event. It'll be like going to the theater, but better, with a casual atmosphere, biting commentary directed towards whatever film we happen to be watching, liquor and whores.

As for seeing Doom, i.e. paying hard earned money to bear witness to what will likely be the taxidermic destruction of a cherished part of my youth, that's what bittorrent/Doubletree's in room broadband connection is for. After all, it isn't my IP tied directly to illegal/pirate activity... for once.

SnowGhost on
  • Options
    doczerodoczero Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    So will we be hitting the bottle and then the bellevue gallery theater or Shall I plan to have some eccentric screening preloaded onto one of the GamerTransit Xbox Media Center systems? Either way folks should make some suggestions. Which movies MUST I aquire for viewing enroute and at the hotel?
    Akira drinking game anyone?
    PMs inbound!
    Doc out.

doczero on
    =
    Where there is no love,
    Nothing is possible.
    =
  • Options
    SnowGhostSnowGhost Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    doczero wrote:
    Which movies MUST I aquire for viewing enroute and at the hotel?

You already know the answer to that question.

SnowGhost on
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    Now it seems that a first night movie would interrupt RvB's special thing and the unannounced movie.

Oh well, an unnannounced movie should be good enough for me.

Lincoln on