As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

EVE Online Empyrean Age: Not like the trailer but still really good

• Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh ok gotya. So basically it would be alright to salvage if you went ratting with people and were knocking out NPCs, or if when you killed someone you jacked their stuff preferrably after battle, but not during?

Do ratting groups take out newbs often or is it sort of if you are lucky type situation?

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    LoneIgadzraLoneIgadzra Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    MoSiAc wrote: »
    Oh ok gotya. So basically it would be alright to salvage if you went ratting with people and were knocking out NPCs, or if when you killed someone you jacked their stuff preferrably after battle, but not during?

Do ratting groups take out newbs often or is it sort of if you are lucky type situation?

Forming fleets to share bounties reduces profits absurdly because the bounties are split evenly. Better for two newbies to team up, more exciting, less used to making the big bucks so it doesn't seem so tedious.

More common would be for someone to just let you follow behind and loot/salvage. If you find an empty belt with wrecks in it, it's probably okay to salvage in this situation. A good tactic might be to use the directional scanner on belts to check for wrecks before warping.

LoneIgadzra on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    In low sec is there a mail that pops up if you salavage something that was killed by someone else? Like some big guys come throug and blow the crap out of a place, if I salavage do those guys get a mail saying Hey mosiac was a dick and stole your killings that you left behind for whatever reason?

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    In low sec is there a mail that pops up if you salavage something that was killed by someone else? Like some big guys come throug and blow the crap out of a place, if I salavage do those guys get a mail saying Hey mosiac was a dick and stole your killings that you left behind for whatever reason?

No, salvage is free reign.

if it was a player wreck and you took from the can, you would be flagged to that player, but he would not get a message[he would just know he could shoot you from his overview information]

If it was an NPC wreck and you took from it, then ditto the above.

But salvage all you want.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Not strictly true: if you've got hauler wrecks (sometimes you get haulers full of ore in instead of the normal kind of rat) then you don't want to salvage until all the loot has been removed and put into jetcans because oftentimes a hauler wreck will hold more than one jetcan worth of ore and if you salvage the wreck EVE will stuff the ore into one jetcan and whoops there goes a few million isk.

LoneIgadzra on
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Let me clarify the point here. If you are on your own and you kill something, NPC or player, it's all yours and you can loot/salvage/blow it up, whatever you want. If you're with friends you'll want to work something out for that group.

But if you're in a major fleet, anything killed belongs to the alliance/corporation running the fleet, not whoever got the killing shot in. If you're with a 100 man goonswarm fleet, and after killing an enemy fleet you fly up and start looting/salvaging the enemy wrecks, you'll be blown up and kicked from the corp before the cries of "Ninja!" die down on Teamspeak.

Bremen on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    NPC wrecks are no big deal, no one cares. Unless its a really nice wreck, like a domination. Player wrecks loot all goes in taxes on fleet fights.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    SunstrandSunstrand Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Does anyone know if the information in the op still good? Is Merch Industrial still accepting new members and if so how hard would it be to bring a battlecruiser out there? Should I just do what the op says and clone and die?

I've been playing on and off for a couple of years and have only joined on corp way back at launch so I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to pvp and all that.

Sunstrand on
    BorderlandsClaptraps.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    It will be very hard to bring a BC out here, we are in the middle of a war.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    AiserouAiserou Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    OP says to post here if an application hasn't been accepted in 24 hours, so I'm posting here.

Made 20 mill waiting in empire, so I won't complain to much :)

Edit: Fixed

Aiserou on
  • Options
    littwentythreelittwentythree Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    littwentythree on
    newsig.png
  • Options
    Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

It just doesn't have the same punch as the original or the follow up video.

Notice to BoB

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    littwentythree on
    newsig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Sunstrand wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the information in the op still good? Is Merch Industrial still accepting new members and if so how hard would it be to bring a battlecruiser out there? Should I just do what the op says and clone and die?

I've been playing on and off for a couple of years and have only joined on corp way back at launch so I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to pvp and all that.

I can't think of any reason we wouldn't be (though the guy who made the post doesn't play at the moment).

I also can't think of any reason you couldn't use jump bridges to run a BC down (unless the towers are reinforced). But seriously, if all you got's one BC, just put it up on a sell order, reprocess all your T1 mods, and pod on down. After getting accepted of course. There's a pretty high risk of getting ganked going through lowsec to 0.0.

If it's a good PVE BC, like a myrmidon or drake, then it may in fact be worth the effort though. Bringing a BC on a fleet op is silly, but you can't fly/afford a BS, they are the next best way to make money in 0.0.

LoneIgadzra on
  • Options
    MidshipmanMidshipman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    POS war bums me out though hopefully feyth/eso fall quick and we can just run around in roaming gangs instead of waiting for someone to mistime a POS.

Hah, you of all people should know better Trevor.

Midshipman on
    midshipman.jpg
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So who is it that's conquering feyth/eso? Why are they winning?

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    MacenMacen Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hey guys, question for you. Im currently deployed to Iraq right now. I dont know how well Eve would work on this shitty satalite internet (Anyone tried?). I know that I have my main trained up pretty far from before I got deployed. I wouldn't be able to play more than an hour or two and it would be in the morning (10am-2pm). Just wondering if you guys think it would be worth my time (think of playing not during prime time on 56k).

Macen on
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

AAA, Stain, Coven, BDCI, R.O are all attacking Feyth/eso and are failing horribly at it. Vacation crew rides again!

Ethea on
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Macen wrote: »
    Hey guys, question for you. Im currently deployed to Iraq right now. I dont know how well Eve would work on this shitty satalite internet (Anyone tried?). I know that I have my main trained up pretty far from before I got deployed. I wouldn't be able to play more than an hour or two and it would be in the morning (10am-2pm). Just wondering if you guys think it would be worth my time (think of playing not during prime time on 56k).

I've played EVE via satellite in the states, and it worked fairly well for me- there's just a delay of up to a second on everything you do. >.> Teamspeak works, and EVE isn't a twitch game, so fleet ops worked fairly well for me. The question would be whether or not you could get online during said fleet ops.

Also, the service I used was Wildblue. What you'd be using might not work as well, or it might work better.

Try getting a trial account and see how you do. Tackle dreadnoughts, and so forth.

Antithesis on
  • Options
    CymoroCymoro Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Macen wrote: »

we do and did have people in the armed forces playing eve. sometimes they'd have to stop because they were coming under mortar fire.

Cymoro on
    i am perpetual, i make the country clean
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Cymoro wrote: »
    we do and did have people in the armed forces playing eve. sometimes they'd have to stop because they were coming under mortar fire.
    Luckily, that doesn't happen too much where I'm stationed at. :)
    Antithesis wrote:
    I've played EVE via satellite in the states, and it worked fairly well for me- there's just a delay of up to a second on everything you do. >.> Teamspeak works, and EVE isn't a twitch game, so fleet ops worked fairly well for me. The question would be whether or not you could get online during said fleet ops.

Also, the service I used was Wildblue. What you'd be using might not work as well, or it might work better.

Try getting a trial account and see how you do. Tackle dreadnoughts, and so forth.
    I ping on vent usually 800-1500 (spikes up to the 4k's) assuming it would be the same on TS.

Also, unfortunately I work during the same time as most of the people on my fob. So, a few thoulsand other asses using up my bandwidth. :) Download should be finished tomorrow and I'll make a trial to try it out, then hop on my main if it works alright.

Macen on
  • Options
    AiserouAiserou Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I play on a sat from the states. Like was said earlier, there is a slight delay, but it's totally playable. Only issues I have are with gatecamps and large fleets. If you jump into a big gatecamp, you run the risk of getting killed before you've loaded. With large fleets the client can hang a lot when the shooting starts. You also won't be tackling anybody trying to run a camp, they will be warped out before your client even registers them. CCP claims to have reworked network traffic for fleet battles and the like in the last few patches, so it may be better now, I haven't experienced it yet.

Anything PvE will be fine, roving pvp gangs and small fleets will also work.

Of course, this is on a private commercial connection, results may vary using military networks. You could also use your time over just to there to train your main, and have a ton more skillpoints when you get back.

Aiserou on
  • Options
    MidshipmanMidshipman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ethea wrote: »

AAA, Stain, Coven, BDCI, R.O are all attacking Feyth/eso and are failing horribly at it. Vacation crew rides again!

For those not up on the acronyms:

Against All Authorities (mixed Russian alliance)
    Stain Empire (shitty Russian alliance that until recently was on poor terms with all the other Russian alliances)
    BDCI is an ex Mercenary Coalition corporation
    Red Overlord is a newly formed alliance of 3 corps that were kicked out of Red Alliance for being a bunch of worthless farmers.

Pitted Against them are:

Goonswarm (Including the Penny-Arcade corp, Merch Industrial)
    Tau Ceti Federation (French alliance)
    Rebellion (Russian alliance)
    Kraftwerk (German alliance)
    United Legion (Russian alliance)

Still friendly to Goonswarm but as far as I can tell, not active in the theatre:

Red Alliance (The grandfather of most Russian alliances)
    xXDeathXx and Solar Fleet (older splinter groups from Red Alliance)

That's just off the top of my head, so I might have a few inaccuracies or overlooked somebody.

Midshipman on
    midshipman.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Wonder if me and Debu could convince any Japanese players to join the cause, just so there are more people in mixed time zones.

MoSiAc on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Aiserou wrote: »
    I play on a sat from the states. Like was said earlier, there is a slight delay, but it's totally playable. Only issues I have are with gatecamps and large fleets. If you jump into a big gatecamp, you run the risk of getting killed before you've loaded. With large fleets the client can hang a lot when the shooting starts. You also won't be tackling anybody trying to run a camp, they will be warped out before your client even registers them. CCP claims to have reworked network traffic for fleet battles and the like in the last few patches, so it may be better now, I haven't experienced it yet.

Anything PvE will be fine, roving pvp gangs and small fleets will also work.

Of course, this is on a private commercial connection, results may vary using military networks. You could also use your time over just to there to train your main, and have a ton more skillpoints when you get back.

I was doing that when I first got here, I got most of my base Stat skills up to 4 or 5. I couldn't afford the advanced stat skillbooks though, so I kinda stopped and adventually gave up. :( Having an Corp that actually does things and people to socialize with would make the game a million times better.

Macen on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    So yeah, you should probably start playing now.

The Great EVE War: Part 2

littwentythree on
    newsig.png
  • Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wonder if me and Debu could convince any Japanese players to join the cause, just so there are more people in mixed time zones.

They might already be playing in the east-asian server. I don't see many Koreans or Japanese around, and the only Chinese are isk farmers.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    BoB just declared war on GoonSwarm and set AAA blue.

We need to revamp the motherfucking OP stat.

LoneIgadzra on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

What again? Doesn't AAA hate BoB?

Dr.Oblivious on

Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

AAA has wanted to be a BoB pet for awhile.

Ethea on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

W-hat. No AAA hates BoB. At least traditionally.

littwentythree on
    newsig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

AAA has set BoB blue, they'll be cooperating to attack goonswarm

[img-bobpong.gif]

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    StormyWatersStormyWaters Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

not true :)

StormyWaters on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Janin wrote: »

AAA has set BoB blue, they'll be cooperating to attack goonswarm

[img-bobpong.gif]

Intentionally forgotten or simply mistake?
    2rwltf5.gif

Dr.Oblivious on

Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

[img-*] is used when referencing a well-known image without actually embedding it

[img-timeline]
    [img-remdick]

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    when are they going to put in the ambulation thing? Is it still far off?

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Janin wrote: »

[img-*] is used when referencing a well-known image without actually embedding it

[img-timeline]
    [img-remdick]

You learn something new everyday.
    And forget something old every minute.

Dr.Oblivious on

Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

not true :)

According to ~spies~, AAA has been planning to join up with BoB for at least a month.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I can't even get into EVE right now. It tells me that there's a patch available, so I download it. Then it tells me that it needs to restart to install the patch, I hit okay, and it crashes. I come back in and it does the same thing over and over. My EVE game is on Steam, so would that have something to do with it? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    It might, i had no problems patching

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png