As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Bjorns mottar haelgond sygar [chat]

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm currently trying to decide whether I want to side with the Oracles, or the Frenzyheart.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aren't they designed so you can flip flop extremely easily?

-SPI- on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I love it when the bring back people from way back when.

I just got the quest "Report to Gryan Stoutmantle... Again" and that made me happy.

Also Nesingwary obviously.

Yeah, I actually smiled and thought "Oh cool, he's here?" when I read that. You probably also noticed that Old Blanchy was there!

I also chuckled a bit when I saw two deer, a skunk, and a rabbit walking around together near that camp, partiuclarly their names. I only remember Bambina and Mother of Bambina.

SteevL on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I love the DEHTA line a lot, as I do the the Explorer line in Fjord. The expansion does a lot of epic stuff right, but the little funny stuff may be even better.

I mean, clicking on a dwarf and seeing the following 2 quests:

! We can rebuild him.
    ! We have the technology!

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I love the DEHTA line a lot, as I do the the Explorer line in Fjord. The expansion does a lot of epic stuff right, but the little funny stuff may be even better.

! We can rebuild him.

Blizzard is always great about putting a significant amount of humor and references in WoW.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Personally i loved coming back to the Bronze Dragon shrine at level 80 and helping myself finish the Bronze Dragon shrine quest in the past.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AbbalahAbbalah Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »

I just got the quest "Report to Gryan Stoutmantle... Again" and that made me happy.

I loved that. And then he goes on to tell me he didn't recognize me in my new gear, then ask me if I still owned the staff, or was it the chausses, or did I pick the tunic. Made me grin like a crazy bastard. Then I went off the kill Arugal. Again.

Man the Staff/Chausses/Tunic you got from that quest always lasted you like 15 friggin levels.

When my girlfriend was leveling her druid, we were grouping for everything, not really doing instances, and operating under the triple experience deal.

As a result she used her westfall staff until we'd been in outland for about half an hour.

Abbalah on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

! We can rebuild him.

Blizzard is always great about putting a significant amount of humor and references in WoW.

I still love these 2 quest descriptions:

http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=12200
    With an inert specimen of the blight compound complete and the activating agent in hand there only remains a need for a suitable shell to house the components.

Southwest of here, on the shores of central Dragonblight, is where you will find the Emerald Dragonshrine. Within the shrine you will find the hardened remnants of a green dragon's tear drop. I don't know the whole story, but apparently they cry a lot right before they die. Go figure.

Go to the Emerald Dragonshrine and gather tears.

And, of course, an old Classic (and still my personal favorite):

http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=4063

Description:
    This can't be Argelmach! Argelmach was killed ten years ago. How can I be sure? I was the one who killed him.

He was a despicable dwarf, hell-bent on twisting my life's work to meet his diabolical needs. It seems that the wicked always find a way to escape justice.

If this is Argelmach's handiwork then he must be destroyed. I will need samplings of his latest creations. With the proper samples, I may be able to stop this uprising. The creations guard Argelmach in Blackrock Depths.

Summary:

Find and slay Golem Lord Argelmach. Return his head to Lotwil. You will also need to collect 10 Intact Elemental Cores from the Ragereaver Golems and Warbringer Constructs protecting Argelmach. You know this because you are psychic.

shryke on
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    shryke wrote: »

Description:
    This can't be Argelmach! Argelmach was killed ten years ago. How can I be sure? I was the one who killed him.

He was a despicable dwarf, hell-bent on twisting my life's work to meet his diabolical needs. It seems that the wicked always find a way to escape justice.

If this is Argelmach's handiwork then he must be destroyed. I will need samplings of his latest creations. With the proper samples, I may be able to stop this uprising. The creations guard Argelmach in Blackrock Depths.

Summary:

Find and slay Golem Lord Argelmach. Return his head to Lotwil. You will also need to collect 10 Intact Elemental Cores from the Ragereaver Golems and Warbringer Constructs protecting Argelmach. You know this because you are psychic.

I love this one, it was my 3rd or 4th time through Badlands before I noticed it though.

Scroffus on
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    SteevL wrote: »

Yeah, I actually smiled and thought "Oh cool, he's here?" when I read that. You probably also noticed that Old Blanchy was there!

I also chuckled a bit when I saw two deer, a skunk, and a rabbit walking around together near that camp, partiuclarly their names. I only remember Bambina and Mother of Bambina.

Like the four turtles and a rat in the sewers of Dalaran surrounded by toxic materials.

Get it?

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

! We can rebuild him.

:lol:

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm currently trying to decide whether I want to side with the Oracles, or the Frenzyheart.
    I went with the Oracles, because the Frenzyheart are assholes.

Also, re: quests, I guess the devs got a little ballsy this time around, because aside from hacking corpses up with a machete and setting them on fire, there are also "jesus thats' pretty fucked up" quests, like the one where you poke little baby apes with a sharp stick to provoke its mother, who you then murder right in front of them.

But that's not the worst part.

The devs actually gave the baby apes screams. Well, yelps. But still, they actually made a sound effect for "hurt, frightened baby ape".

I mean, the DK starter quests were kind of surprising in their cruelty, but even then, you had a character of pure evil behind them, so they were understandable.

This was just "hey, go poke baby apes until their mom comes out, then kill her".

Halfmex on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So I finally got to do Wrathgate over the weekend. I'm glad I avoided spoilers for that, because it was damn awesome to be surprised by it.

I moved from dragonblight into grizzly hills then zul'drak. I really liked dragonblight, and not just because of wrathgate. But I have to say that I really loved Grizzly hills for some reason. My only gripe was that there were a lot of 'we need 10 meats from animals' quests. Which are usually a pain, but the music in Grizz just blew me away. I loved it there.

Hate zul'drak though. It feels really out of place in Northrend to me.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You get to blow up a few things with dynamite this time as well. I laughed so damn hard when I blew up a mammoth.

shadowane on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Halfmex wrote: »
    I went with the Oracles, because the Frenzyheart are assholes.

Also, re: quests, I guess the devs got a little ballsy this time around, because aside from hacking corpses up with a machete and setting them on fire, there are also "jesus thats' pretty fucked up" quests, like the one where you poke little baby apes with a sharp stick to provoke its mother, who you then murder right in front of them.

But that's not the worst part.

The devs actually gave the baby apes screams. Well, yelps. But still, they actually made a sound effect for "hurt, frightened baby ape".

I mean, the DK starter quests were kind of surprising in their cruelty, but even then, you had a character of pure evil behind them, so they were understandable.

This was just "hey, go poke baby apes until their mom comes out, then kill her".

Um....did you miss the Violet Hold torture quest?

"Well we can't torture, so here's this cattle prod. Go find out the info we need."

It's more wrong that after finishing it up, my leveling partner kept zapping him.
    She's Canadian. The being nice is a lie!

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Um....did you miss the Violet Hold torture quest?

"Well we can't torture, so here's this cattle prod. Go find out the info we need."

It's more wrong that after finishing it up, my leveling partner kept zapping him.
    She's Canadian. The being nice is a lie!
    Yeah, I might have missed that one. Geez, what's up with the tortue quests this xpac? Those devs must have some pent-up aggression.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    shadowane wrote: »
    You get to blow up a few things with dynamite this time as well. I laughed so damn hard when I blew up a mammoth.
    I somehow missed that one, but I did do a very similar quest where you fight those huge worms, wait for one to open its mouth and then whip an explosive in there. Boom, worm meat for all.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Beck wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »
    but then I remembered Naxx is re-using all of Tier 3.

And Naxx reusing T3 is fine with me as not many people saw that gear anywya.

Tier 3 was the best looking across the board anyhow. So they can reuse it all they want for all I care.

Not to mention it sorta fits. Naxx was the T3 instance.

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

! We can rebuild him.

There's also the fact that the camp there is a reference to The Big Lebowski. Lebronski (and his rug), Walt, and at a nearby dig site, Donny! Too bad there weren't any nihilists.
    GPIA7R wrote: »
    Like the four turtles and a rat in the sewers of Dalaran surrounded by toxic materials.

Get it?

I didn't see them yet, I'll have to check that out. :)

SteevL on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    shadowane wrote: »
    I somehow missed that one, but I did do a very similar quest where you fight those huge worms, wait for one to open its mouth and then whip an explosive in there. Boom, worm meat for all.

They missed a golden opportunity to reference tremors with that quest.

Nobody on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Just hit level 74 and got to go help my friend with this epic questline:
    Ring of Blood!

The funny thing was, apparently I hadn't done it yet. 10k xp and ~10g per round at level 74, works for me.

I also finished up the Wrathgate questline last night. I had seen the Wrathgate video before, but now that I sat down and played through the series of events leading up to it...it got a big wow from me in context.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Everytime I try to do the Ampatheater of Pain quests the allaince ruins the fun for everyone

I am going to do the Wrathgate quests tonight when I wake up because I want to see it and get the full effect of it

Brainleech on
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    A late starter to WotLK, I'm finishing up the last of the Howling Fjord quests and enjoying playing an awful lot -- it's the little details that really make it.

They've crammed so much in there it actually feels like a strange theme park.

The quest storylines so far are pretty compelling, though, and I'm actually interested in reading the quest text for once.

Some favourite moments so far:

- the 'turd on the rug' remark at the Explorer Camp.
    - Controlling the hawk to snatch eggs on the side of the cliff face.
    - making the Vrykul prisoner in Westguard Keep drink the potion which... (mild spoiler)
    makes him go crazy, then turn into a slime, then EXPLODE! The reactions of the guards are great, especially the ones that throw up.

Loving it so far!

Grenn on
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So is Wrathgate a quest chain that starts in Dragonblight or is it from another zone that takes you to Dragonblight?

Scroffus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    SteevL wrote: »
    GPIA7R wrote: »

Get it?
    I didn't see them yet, I'll have to check that out. :)
    or the small island in Sholazar Basin with a little airlock door and numbers when you mouse over a small window in the sand.
    Lost

Halfmex on
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Scroffus wrote: »
    So is Wrathgate a quest chain that starts in Dragonblight or is it from another zone that takes you to Dragonblight?

Starts in dragonblight for horde it is http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=11978
    alliance http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=12325

also, be careful. don't read too many of the comments as towards the end of the long chain, the quest names even give a little bit away.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Scroffus wrote: »

It starts in Wintergarde Keep from the main guy there. It's a pretty long quest line.

Also, the phasing in Dragonblight is just...awesome.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    shryke wrote: »

Southwest of here, on the shores of central Dragonblight, is where you will find the Emerald Dragonshrine. Within the shrine you will find the hardened remnants of a green dragon's tear drop. I don't know the whole story, but apparently they cry a lot right before they die. Go figure.

Go to the Emerald Dragonshrine and gather tears.

It would only be better if they talked about the dragon's tears turning into jellybeans.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2008

I like the one where you kill dwarves and then saw their skulls open and collect their brains.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Echo wrote: »

I like the one where you kill dwarves and then saw their skulls open and collect their brains.

I like the one in the Fjorde where you kill Vrykul and then dismember their bodies with a machete.

I love the completion response:
    Well, sir, I have to say that you went about that particular business with a bit of zeal.

<The sergeant looks at you warily.>

Anyway, if you don't mind, I'll be taking my machete back now. It looks dull and we wouldn't want you to accidentally slip and carve me up too.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Well I thinking about flipping a coin and transfering
    It's going to cost me a ton of cash hense why really want a free transfer or blizzard to be smart about transfers instead of lets open a new realm and then count the cash

My thought about transfers is
    Take 3 realms they need to dump some players onto other servers
    Windrunner needs horde and needs to lose allaince
    3 other realms need allaince

Well I had a graph but it looks like crap here

Lets make one of the realms you transfer to a pvp server for whatever reason

I would add more realms but it was confusing to make a simple chart with text

Instead of giving one realm to transfer to why not 3 or 4 and even out the pop across the realms instead of making a new one?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Go down into the Dalaran sewer and find the shark under the platform where the vendor that sells the skull pet is.
    Segacedi <Sewer Shark>

SewerShark.jpg

Soundwave on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Soundwave wrote: »
    Go down into the Dalaran sewer and find the shark under the platform where the vendor that sells the skull pet is.
    Segacedi <Sewer Shark>

SewerShark.jpg
    I knew that was from something, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I was like "Sega CD-i, I get the name, but why on a shark?" I didn't even notice the <sewer shark> bit.

Clever little devs.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Soundwave wrote: »
    Segacedi <Sewer Shark>

SewerShark.jpg

I defeated that game the first week I had it
    I still don't know why people cannot do the last part of it

Brainleech on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    JonnyBot wrote: »
    Anyone planning on starting a new character that is not a DK?

NO. NEVER. NEVER AGAIN! I'M FREE AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Until they add an 11th class. If they do that and don't give us more character slots per realm, I'm gonna go create an international incident, starting with Blizzard HQ

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I am fairly certain I will never ever level a character from scratch again.

Echo on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    once I get some of those heirloom items I'm probably gonna make another alt from scratch, cause that gear will make it much easier.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    JonnyBot wrote: »
    Anyone planning on starting a new character that is not a DK?

NO. NEVER. NEVER AGAIN! I'M FREE AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Until they add an 11th class. If they do that and don't give us more character slots per realm, I'm gonna go create an international incident, starting with Blizzard HQ

I rolled a mage this morning to level with some friends. Does this make me a bad person?

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I reached Outland for the first time today. :P

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Speaking of the heirloom stuff, I wonder how they do with account-bound stuff if you make a new character on a different server. Some guy to talk to to get it, I guess.

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.