As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition Recruiting

18910111214»

• Options
    nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    yo I for real could not sleep last night thinking about it. we need to get this figured out. when I get back from work tonight I'm gonna look into it more and maybe get a thread going.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Captain MichaCaptain Micha Registered User new member
    edited November 2008
    I prefer to play Defenders. Generally speaking, if not a Defender usually a leader.
    My preferred classes, Swordmage, Paladin, Fighter or Warlord.

I also have been known to Dm.

Captain Micha on
    http://naegunfael.proboards61.com/index.cgi My settings, rules and gaming.
  • Options
    LegionnairedLegionnaired Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    hey, I had an idea. I'm not sure how the logistics of it would work out... but what if we played a game of Dwarf Fortress using 4e? We could start with a group of 7 dwarves who set out to build a fortress in the mountains. start as a caravan, find a site, start building/digging (with the occasional creature encounter, of course). Later on more people could join (maybe even elf or human?), and we could bring on some NPC's as well for tasks that nobody might want to fill.

We would have to homebrew up the 4e system a bit to deal with things like crafting skills and to play around with some other things like a lack of magic, and adding/removing various creatures/species.

I guess there wouldn't really be classes either... more just skill based.

The more I think about this the more I think we might want to use something other than DnD rules... maybe make up our own ruleset or use GURPS or something.

or maybe I'm just totally insane and this is an awful idea.

The whole dungeon-building thing (well I guess fortress building in this case) is an awesome idea but 4e is probably not the ruleset to use. :p

I had an idea for a tabletop wargame where you bought dungeon tiles, which increased the size of your stronghold, which increased the forces you could use.

We could do something like that! You 'buy' dungeon tiles, which represents the wages to your minions. Crafting is a skill challenge?

The question is, what is the end/goal of this? The DM pretty much has to take an adversarial standpoint here.

Legionnaired on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Reading through Martial Power has be all excited about fighters. God I miss d&d.

Is there anyone looking for one more player by any chance? Maptools? Or perhaps play-by-post? Whatever. I'm willing to negotiate the time and method.

I've played a dozen or so sessions of 3.5e and a few sessions of 4e so I generally know what's up. I can play any type of character. Here are some that I made previously.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=61626

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=58259

TheBog on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The warlord options are a bit disappointing.

I mean, Bravura is neat, and I quite like the playstyle it encourages.

But the Resourceful warlord is absolutely terrible. It's presence ability is ok, trading effectiveness for flexibility. But the special powers seem to be based around having equipment requirements (heavy throwing weapons seem to be a trend).

Which, for the "flexible" warlord, is kinda retarded.

The utility powers are awesome all around, though.

Edit: whoa, wrong thread.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    DajianDajian Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Any chance someone out there is planning on doing a D&D 4e PBP game anytime soon? I am DM'ing a game for co-workers and have been itching to actually get to play some.

Looking to play in a D&D 4e PBP

Dajian on
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
  • Options
    YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hey, since Goum's going to be away, the Saturday Morning Dice crew's going to do a level 30 one-shot vs. Tiamat when I get my Draconomicon. Now, I'm going to run it and there are four other players, so we'll need at least one more for a party of five. Anyone interested?

The thread's right here, Goose! has posted his swordmage already.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am hilariously starved for 4th Edition. I love the system so but rarely get the chance to play it.

So

Looking to play in D&D 4E almost anything.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think this thread is getting to the point where we should start a new one since nobody ever actually informs me except like this one dude when they're to be de-listed. :P

I'll try to remember to ask Thanatos to lock it tonight and then start a new one or somesuch.

Perhaps with more clarity.

Or someone else could start one if they've got the thread-minding itch.

Incenjucar on