Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Your partner watching porn

1356721

Posts

  • DmanDman regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What were saying Bowen, is that porn is generally a symptom not a cause.

    If someone doesn't want you looking at porn you have to ask why. Why is person A looking at it and why does person B want them to stop.

    Give me an example and I'll tell you who is in the right. At the end of the day though, it doesn't matter who is right in a relationship, its down to the people involved to decide what they are willing to live with/without for the sake of being together. Maybe person A will agree to never watch porn again if person B agrees to never listen to techno music again. If that's how you want to work your relationships that's fine by me, some people prefer a little more freedom, maybe just agree to not do stuff that annoys your partner when they are around.

    Dman on
  • ArgusArgus regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    ITT: Some people fit into stereotypes and some people don't. Also, some people find things offensive or belittling while others do not.

    Why do we need the stereotypes then? What good does it to our society to teach and hold preconceived notions about how each gender acts and should act in a sexual relationship that are so restrictive, when the decision of when, where, how, and with whom to be intimate is an entirely personal and autonomous choice? (Or should be, at least)

    Role Theory, I believe, is what talks about this.

    Argus on
    pasigsizedu5.jpg
  • The CatThe Cat regular Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Why is it problematic to find viewing pornography in a relationship as detrimental? Why is it people who see this is bad, disgusting, cheating, whatever are immature?

    It's up to the relationship to decide if it's okay, not some random person going "yeah you should be okay with it because I totally am."

    Moral relativism is fucking stupid, and it doesn't suddenly become not-stupid in the context of a relationship.

    While there are solid objective arguments as to why your partner shouldn't fuck other people, any argument that your partner shouldn't look at other people (or read stories about other people, if that's how you swing) is going to be fundamentally disconnected from the reality.

    We all have adolescent fantasies; teenage boys have fantasies that we'll end up in a foursome with three naked blonde women with big tits someday; teenage girls have fantasies that they'll end up with a boy so head-over-heels in love with them that they can't even think to look at another woman naked.

    When that boy grows into a man and falls in love with a woman who isn't built like a porn star and doesn't walk around the house naked in high heels and doesn't regularly lick another porn star's pussy while her man is watching, most men realize that their adolescent fantasies were just that: fantasies. Yeah, maybe we exercise them every so often in front of the computer, but we know that the reality of being with a flesh and blood human being is much more rewarding. We're not looking to replace the reality with a fantasy, just to massage (har har) the fantasy every once in a while.

    But girls need to give up their adolescent fantasies, too, and the first one to leave in high school is the idea that your man is so stricken with you that he's never going to get an erection for another woman ever again. Let it be a fantasy... Leave that to your romance novels, and leave us to our porn.

    Women are like this, and men are like this.

    You seem to be posting from a place of deep frustration, but can you cram the gender essentialism? You're normally better than this dreck.

    The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • DmanDman regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dman wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    ITT: Some people fit into stereotypes and some people don't. Also, some people find things offensive or belittling while others do not.

    Why do we need the stereotypes then? What good does it to our society to teach and hold preconceived notions about how each gender acts and should act in a sexual relationship that are so restrictive, when the decision of when, where, how, and with whom to be intimate is an entirely personal and autonomous choice? (Or should be, at least)

    The benefit is that you can say, look neither of us is fuck up, its normal that the guy's libido is higher, we'll deal with it.

    Oh that's super.

    So when it's not true that the guy is the one with the higher libido, you get to say "Look, this is wrong and you're fucked up. You're going to have to change because that's not how it works" that will be awesome.

    Yes, blame gender rolls because it would take a genius to google up some statistics and see that he is in the minority, that he's "fucked up".

    Dman on
  • IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I would totally walk around the house naked in high heels.

    IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DmanDman regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I would totally walk around the house naked in high heels.

    We should take this discussion to a different forum :winky:

    NSFW link

    Dman on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dman wrote: »
    Dman wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    ITT: Some people fit into stereotypes and some people don't. Also, some people find things offensive or belittling while others do not.

    Why do we need the stereotypes then? What good does it to our society to teach and hold preconceived notions about how each gender acts and should act in a sexual relationship that are so restrictive, when the decision of when, where, how, and with whom to be intimate is an entirely personal and autonomous choice? (Or should be, at least)

    The benefit is that you can say, look neither of us is fuck up, its normal that the guy's libido is higher, we'll deal with it.

    Oh that's super.

    So when it's not true that the guy is the one with the higher libido, you get to say "Look, this is wrong and you're fucked up. You're going to have to change because that's not how it works" that will be awesome.

    Yes, blame gender rolls because it would take a genius to google up some statistics and see that he is in the minority, that he's "fucked up".

    I'm not certain what you're saying here.

    First off, I'm hungry now.

    Second: Are you actually putting forward the idea that "not in the majority" is synonymous with "fucked up"? As in, negative?

    I mean, I'm not even going to use examples because I assume every single person can think of several on their own.

    durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to the International Rescue Committee, the National Immigration Law Center, the Southern Poverty Law Center, and the American Civil Liberties Union. There has never been a more urgent moment to do so.
  • DmanDman regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dman wrote: »
    Dman wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    ITT: Some people fit into stereotypes and some people don't. Also, some people find things offensive or belittling while others do not.

    Why do we need the stereotypes then? What good does it to our society to teach and hold preconceived notions about how each gender acts and should act in a sexual relationship that are so restrictive, when the decision of when, where, how, and with whom to be intimate is an entirely personal and autonomous choice? (Or should be, at least)

    The benefit is that you can say, look neither of us is fuck up, its normal that the guy's libido is higher, we'll deal with it.

    Oh that's super.

    So when it's not true that the guy is the one with the higher libido, you get to say "Look, this is wrong and you're fucked up. You're going to have to change because that's not how it works" that will be awesome.

    Yes, blame gender rolls because it would take a genius to google up some statistics and see that he is in the minority, that he's "fucked up".

    I'm not certain what you're saying here.

    First off, I'm hungry now.

    Second: Are you actually putting forward the idea that "not in the majority" is synonymous with "fucked up"? As in, negative?

    I mean, I'm not even going to use examples because I assume every single person can think of several on their own.

    No, i don't believe being in the minority means your "fucked up" I only used that phrase as a retort because you said it first.

    Dman on
  • DmanDman regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Upon further inspection you only used it because I used it first, making me a dumb-ass.

    When I said it originally my point was that it could be used as a confidence booster to tell someone that are in the majority so they can stop worrying about it. Obviously I wouldn't tell someone they do need to worry about it because they are in the minority, I would probably say something about each individual being a special snow flake and not to worry we'll work through it.

    Dman on
  • SheepSheep regular Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    There really isn't anything wrong with that. There's a large disconnect between what people find sexy in fantasies, and real life.

    I agree.

    But if my wife owned only interracial gang bang porn... I'd be uncomfortable with it being that I don't care for gang bangs and I'm white. :P

    There's no way you can satisfy someone like that.
    Real amateur stuff generally sucks.

    My favorite kind, actually. The good ones, at least.

    Sheep on
    QlBGc.jpg
  • ElJeffeElJeffe mod Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    The Cat wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    <snip>

    Women are like this, and men are like this.

    You seem to be posting from a place of deep frustration, but can you cram the gender essentialism? You're normally better than this dreck.

    He.

    Umm.

    He already clarified that he wasn't stereotyping but rather using that as an example.

    ElJeffe on
    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
  • DmanDman regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sheep I think the disconnect is bigger then that. Yeah I would probably be a little concerned but its not a big deal. when you say "there is no way you can satisfy someone like that" is where you've gone wrong. It's the equivalent of saying

    "You only watch porn involving women under 25, so there is no way a 40 year old woman could satisfy you, even though your 45 yourself."

    Dman on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against the Irish) Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sheep wrote: »
    There really isn't anything wrong with that. There's a large disconnect between what people find sexy in fantasies, and real life.

    I agree.

    But if my wife owned only interracial gang bang porn... I'd be uncomfortable with it being that I don't care for gang bangs and I'm white. :P

    There's no way you can satisfy someone like that.
    What the fuck are you talking about? My entire porn collection consists of catgirls and tentacles. This doesn't mean I actually have a real life desire to staple the cat to my wife's head and make a fully articulated pneumatic naughty tentacle monster. It's just what I happen to like looking at. If her porn collection consisted of nothing but interracial gang bang porn, I'd certainly have a few delicately phrased questions that'd need answering about her fixation, but just because someone likes seeing something doesn't mean they actually want to do it.

    Gabriel_Pitt on
  • SheepSheep regular Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Sheep wrote: »
    There really isn't anything wrong with that. There's a large disconnect between what people find sexy in fantasies, and real life.

    I agree.

    But if my wife owned only interracial gang bang porn... I'd be uncomfortable with it being that I don't care for gang bangs and I'm white. :P

    There's no way you can satisfy someone like that.
    What the fuck are you talking about? My entire porn collection consists of catgirls and tentacles. This doesn't mean I actually have a real life desire to staple the cat to my wife's head and make a fully articulated pneumatic naughty tentacle monster. It's just what I happen to like looking at. If her porn collection consisted of nothing but interracial gang bang porn, I'd certainly have a few delicately phrased questions that'd need answering about her fixation, but just because someone likes seeing something doesn't mean they actually want to do it.

    I dunno.

    My pron is relatively tame.

    Cat girls are super hot though.

    And I used to date a girl who would wear them.

    So... Uh...

    TMI.

    EDIT

    I was also joking in that post. In the long run, I wouldn't care. I'm just prone to the same self esteem issues that plague a ton of people.

    Sheep on
    QlBGc.jpg
  • CervetusCervetus regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sheep wrote: »
    There really isn't anything wrong with that. There's a large disconnect between what people find sexy in fantasies, and real life.

    I agree.

    But if my wife owned only interracial gang bang porn... I'd be uncomfortable with it being that I don't care for gang bangs and I'm white. :P

    There's no way you can satisfy someone like that.
    What the fuck are you talking about? My entire porn collection consists of catgirls and tentacles. This doesn't mean I actually have a real life desire to staple the cat to my wife's head and make a fully articulated pneumatic naughty tentacle monster. It's just what I happen to like looking at. If her porn collection consisted of nothing but interracial gang bang porn, I'd certainly have a few delicately phrased questions that'd need answering about her fixation, but just because someone likes seeing something doesn't mean they actually want to do it.

    If I was looking at cat girls and tentacles I don't think I'd have the gall to ask why someone else likes the porn they do.

    Cervetus on
    The libertarian response to anything is, "Sure, that works fine in practice, but it doesn't fly in theory."
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2008
    Dman wrote: »
    Dman wrote: »
    Dman wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    ITT: Some people fit into stereotypes and some people don't. Also, some people find things offensive or belittling while others do not.

    Why do we need the stereotypes then? What good does it to our society to teach and hold preconceived notions about how each gender acts and should act in a sexual relationship that are so restrictive, when the decision of when, where, how, and with whom to be intimate is an entirely personal and autonomous choice? (Or should be, at least)

    The benefit is that you can say, look neither of us is fuck up, its normal that the guy's libido is higher, we'll deal with it.

    Oh that's super.

    So when it's not true that the guy is the one with the higher libido, you get to say "Look, this is wrong and you're fucked up. You're going to have to change because that's not how it works" that will be awesome.

    Yes, blame gender rolls because it would take a genius to google up some statistics and see that he is in the minority, that he's "fucked up".

    I'm not certain what you're saying here.

    First off, I'm hungry now.

    Second: Are you actually putting forward the idea that "not in the majority" is synonymous with "fucked up"? As in, negative?

    I mean, I'm not even going to use examples because I assume every single person can think of several on their own.

    No, i don't believe being in the minority means your "fucked up" I only used that phrase as a retort because you said it first.

    O RLY?

    ViolentChemistry on
    DAMM
    Drunks Against Mad Mothers
  • NatanekoNataneko Registered User
    edited November 2008
    Personnaly, I watch porn with my boyfriend, I share my favorite, he share his. We're not serious about it something it's just "oh god that movie is so awful we have to watch it". It's just another interest we share. I think the problem is when a partner hides the porn watching because he/she knows the other finds it disgusting and the fact that often, that "other" have a skewed vision of porn. (thinking that the people in there are suposed to be sexy, the norm, etc.)
    Some people don't like porn of course, but maybe they just haven't found the "right kind" for them? "all we are saying... is give porn a chance"

    Nataneko on
  • DmanDman regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dman wrote: »
    Upon further inspection you only used it because I used it first, making me a dumb-ass.

    When I said it originally my point was that it could be used as a confidence booster to tell someone that are in the majority so they can stop worrying about it. Obviously I wouldn't tell someone they do need to worry about it because they are in the minority, I would probably say something about each individual being a special snow flake and not to worry we'll work through it.

    If only you had read one post further before clicking reply you would have seen where I realize what I'd said and tried to correct myself and taken into account the fact that I'm in jail and can't edit.

    Dman on
  • SheepSheep regular Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    I don't know why, but this thread has me listening to The Cure.

    Sheep on
    QlBGc.jpg
  • CervetusCervetus regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sheep wrote: »
    I don't know why, but this thread has me listening to The Cure.

    Then this thread is a failure.

    Well, there was a nudist link above, so I guess it's a wash.

    Cervetus on
    The libertarian response to anything is, "Sure, that works fine in practice, but it doesn't fly in theory."
  • SheepSheep regular Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    The spider man is having me for dinner tonight!

    Sheep on
    QlBGc.jpg
  • ScalfinScalfin regular __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Nataneko wrote: »
    Personnaly, I watch porn with my boyfriend, I share my favorite, he share his. We're not serious about it something it's just "oh god that movie is so awful we have to watch it". It's just another interest we share. I think the problem is when a partner hides the porn watching because he/she knows the other finds it disgusting and the fact that often, that "other" have a skewed vision of porn. (thinking that the people in there are suposed to be sexy, the norm, etc.)
    Some people don't like porn of course, but maybe they just haven't found the "right kind" for them? "all we are saying... is give porn a chance"

    Well, western society does have a boob complex, and there is a worry that, even if the partner understands it, there'll still be a visceral reaction which could spoil the idyllic mood of your time together.

    Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Why is it problematic to find viewing pornography in a relationship as detrimental? Why is it people who see this is bad, disgusting, cheating, whatever are immature?

    It's up to the relationship to decide if it's okay, not some random person going "yeah you should be okay with it because I totally am."

    Moral relativism is fucking stupid, and it doesn't suddenly become not-stupid in the context of a relationship.

    While there are solid objective arguments as to why your partner shouldn't fuck other people, any argument that your partner shouldn't look at other people (or read stories about other people, if that's how you swing) is going to be fundamentally disconnected from the reality.

    What if your reason for not looking at other naked people is that it makes your partner uncomfortable or unhappy? There may be "issues" about this unhappiness or there may not, I don't see it as particularly difficult to imagine a S.O. finding sexual erotica focused on outside individuals disturbing. Relationships are about compromise, and while each one will have different levels of what compromise is appropriate, I don't see "I like porn but will not watch it because I know it bothers you when I look at other individuals sexually" to be some sort of horrible revocation of an intrinsic right. This, of course, sidesteps the previous "have your S.O. make hot amatuer porn!" solution.
    and then upload it to bitorrent when you break up

    As an addendum to what I imagine will be an inevitable strawman, I'm not saying that a s.o. should have total control over what you view in your free time, but that having emotional issues with an s.o. viewing porn isn't some horrible controlling sexually-repressed psychosis, or, at least, isn't necessarily such. Individuals have their own boundaries on what they feel is appropriate in a relationship, and while I may be fine with a s.o. looking at whatever crazy porn they want, I'm not going to always unconditionally force that acceptance on others, nor am I going to pretend that all the emotional issues that pornography creates are irrelevant.

    PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    VIDEO IS NSFW

    Casually Hardcore on
  • gtrmpgtrmp regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sheep wrote: »
    I don't know why, but this thread has me listening to The Cure.
    I've been looking so long at these pictures of you
    That I almost believe that they're real
    I've been living so long with my pictures of you
    That I almost believe that the pictures are all I can feel
    Hmm.

    gtrmp on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I don't give a shit if my "SO" watches porn. That's a long ways from actually getting involved with someone else.

    AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User
    edited November 2008
    My girlfriend was kind of surprised when she found out that I look at porn. She's like, "I've never been with a guy who looked at/watched porn before." My initial response was something like, "Uhhh that's unlikely."

    Anyway, she said to me that she really didn't like me doing it, but I said that I honestly felt like it was in my right to do so when I was alone. She said in particular she didn't like it when it interfered with our sex life (like when I just happened to have already gotten off one day, and she wants to have sex). So I pretty much just reduced the times when I would masturbate/look at porn to the times when she was either on her period or I was pretty sure we weren't going to be able to have sex. That turned out to be a pretty good compromise.

    She also just generally doesn't like the concept, but I think that part of her anti-porn sentiment is that she imagines what I look at being scripted sex with girls who are super skinny and wearing ugly makeup and such. That's pretty much the opposite of my taste, *shrug*.

    The ironic thing is that most of the time I look at porn, I would be rather looking at pictures/videos of my lover! She's not very into that, though, because she finds it generally exploitative (which I can understand) and because she says I "wouldn't need her around anymore." Don't know what that's about.

    real_pochacco on
  • MorninglordMorninglord regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Mine doesn't care at all.

    In fact I feel more guilty about it than she does.

    Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User
    edited November 2008
    Yeah I do feel pretty guilty about it, too. I try and stick to pictures that people claim to be posting of themselves.

    real_pochacco on
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Registered User
    edited November 2008
    I've known people on all sides of this issue, so here's my little take on it.

    -The degree to which porn encroaches on the relationship is what determines whether it is right or wrong in the situation. A couple with a normal healthy sex life can easily have normal healthy porn-viewing habits as individuals and not feel that it interferes in any way.

    -Obviously if one or the other takes the porn too seriously and it starts to become a problem (one person becomes not as interested in the other as a result of their porn habits or something) then it needs to be addressed and fixed in the relationship.

    -I'm sick of people taking some shit elitist route and saying 'Well I don't need porn because I'd rather have sex!' That's retarded. It's not always one or the other.

    -Despite that, when I'm in a normal relationship I generally am into my lady enough on a certain level to not really have the urge to even think of other girls in that way. Someone said in the first page that a relationship means not doing things with other people, not refraining from checking them out. That's a totally acceptable view, but personally that's not how it works for me in most cases. My interest in other girls on all levels beyond friendship drops across the board. So I'm not saying in a relationship I wouldn't need to look at porn at some point, but I definitely would not want to nearly as much.


    Long story short, there are many ways to have a healthy relationship and neither stance on the issue is an insurmountable problem unless people are super unreasonable.

    UnknownSaint on
  • MorninglordMorninglord regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The main reason I look at it is during the semester we can't do it as much because we have a strong chemical attachment on top of the relationship so we both get "dazed". She much more than me, she finds it very hard to study. I rarely look at it during the semester breaks.

    Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • The CatThe Cat regular Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    The Cat wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    <snip>

    Women are like this, and men are like this.

    You seem to be posting from a place of deep frustration, but can you cram the gender essentialism? You're normally better than this dreck.

    He.

    Umm.

    He already clarified that he wasn't stereotyping but rather using that as an example.

    He failed at expression, and this whole thread is full of similar bullshit.

    The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'd say cut him some slack. We know he knows this. He has personally defended the issue, I know.


    Moreover, his personal situation, which I will for now imagine heavily influenced his post's... feeling, was in chat.

    JamesKeenan on
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sheep wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    There really isn't anything wrong with that. There's a large disconnect between what people find sexy in fantasies, and real life.

    I agree.

    But if my wife owned only interracial gang bang porn... I'd be uncomfortable with it being that I don't care for gang bangs and I'm white. :P

    There's no way you can satisfy someone like that.
    What the fuck are you talking about? My entire porn collection consists of catgirls and tentacles. This doesn't mean I actually have a real life desire to staple the cat to my wife's head and make a fully articulated pneumatic naughty tentacle monster. It's just what I happen to like looking at. If her porn collection consisted of nothing but interracial gang bang porn, I'd certainly have a few delicately phrased questions that'd need answering about her fixation, but just because someone likes seeing something doesn't mean they actually want to do it.

    I dunno.

    My pron is relatively tame.

    Cat girls are super hot though.

    And I used to date a girl who would wear them.

    So... Uh...

    TMI.

    EDIT

    I was also joking in that post. In the long run, I wouldn't care. I'm just prone to the same self esteem issues that plague a ton of people.


    don't be that guy. You know, that guy.

    chasingamy.full.jpg

    JamesKeenan on
  • The CatThe Cat regular Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    I'd say cut him some slack. We know he knows this. He has personally defended the issue, I know.


    Moreover, his personal situation, which I will for now imagine heavily influenced his post's... feeling, was in chat.
    I don't need to have seen that to guess where its coming from (same goes, i suspect, for a lot of the more vocal posters in here), but come on. Getting dumped for not living up to an ideal sucks for everyone, but doesn't give you a free pass to hurl that stuff around.

    So, I care less about who watches what and more about a tangential issue. And I'm going to mention this despite the fact that I know most of you will freak the fuck out over it, because I'm fun like that:

    There've been more than a few articles over the last few years about the effect of widespread porn access on young people reaching sexual maturity now. in short, they have a broad sexual repertoire but report problems establishing actual intimacy (or have no idea what that even is). Its not even the usual godbag nattering you'd expect; this is coming from people in a similar demographic to this forum. The blame is placed on mainstream porn norms giving people funny ideas about how the opposite sex and relationships work. Similar is the issue of widespread viagra access screwing up (heh heh, so to speak) established relationships because one or both partners think the only solution to their problems is more boners (there was a big feature article in the Weekend Australian Magazine a few months back, for you aussies). So, is less more?

    Commence the freakout!

    The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    People need to figure their own shit out. You can't close pandora's box.

    electricitylikesme on
  • MorninglordMorninglord regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    People need to figure their own shit out. You can't close pandora's box.

    Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • The CatThe Cat regular Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    I don't think anyone's arguing that. Most of the solutions proposed are education-related. Its not like mainstream porn is magically produced from nowhere, there's actually a demand for the usual degrading crud, and that's based in some pretty worrying cultural undertones.

    The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • MorninglordMorninglord regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It has the same solutions as prejudice research.

    Education, and contact.

    Fortuantly it's easier to get men and women to want to come into contact.

    Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User
    edited November 2008
    The Cat wrote: »
    Its not like mainstream porn is magically produced from nowhere, there's actually a demand for the usual degrading crud, and that's based in some pretty worrying cultural undertones.

    Case in point: facials and the obsession with them.

    I really don't understand that.

    real_pochacco on
Sign In or Register to comment.