As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Bjorns mottar haelgond sygar [chat]

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I've always hated Gnomer the most.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think I had some of my worst experiences with Gnomeregan when playing through the first time, but I somehow still love that instance. I also realize I'm in the minority there.

My favorite wipe there was a time when someone's pet aggroed a mob in an area where it couldn't get us. It ran off and disappeared from sight. Someone noticed we were still in combat, but we thought it was a bug. About 2 minutes later, the mob appeared in front of us, and behind him, the rest of Gnomeregan.

SteevL on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, Sunken Temple gets my 'least favorite instance' award. The only time anyone wants to go there is for that stupid quest chain where you have to kill these certain troll bosses on different levels of the instance, and it's so long in between times having to go there that no one ever remembers how to do it. Pain in the ass place.

There is one cool thing that redeems it, if only slightly, and that's the Shade of Eranikus.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Heroic crypts is the worst instance in the game

Well, the really bad reasons for why it was the worst for so long, are gone as of 3.0 I think. It was pretty heavily nerfed.

But I guess you could still say it sucks because it only has two bosses.

Did... did they get rid of the insane haste rape on that one boss for non-melee heavy groups?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Hinterlands doesn't have an instance, but it does have that big troll city area which was a goddamn pain in the ass before they got rid of the elites.

SteevL on
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Ohtsam wrote: »
    SO up to what point are the original instances soloable at 80
    I've heard you can pretty much solo to raid content now
    I would think anything up to the harder lvl 70 dungeons. I could solo up to BF and the easier Coilfang ones at 70 after 3.0 with my paladin.

This is extremely class dependent as being able to heal or kite will allow you to solo a lot more and for most of the raid content I would assume being able to heal is required.

khain on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    I've always hated Gnomer the most.

What's with the gnomer hate? I haven't been there in years, cause no Horde do it after TBC came out, but I never had a big problem with it. It's kinda fun.

Ok, except for that last hall where the guys below your ledge will aggro on you and wipe you all.

Although, noe of the best things ever was on my first Pally and we actually SURVIVED that face rape. I managed to heal and live long enough for the mage to DPS everything down. Was awesome.

shryke on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Crypts is terrible yes

but Stockades dosen't even have a proper boss

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    SteevL wrote: »
    I think I had some of my worst experiences with Gnomeregan when playing through the first time, but I somehow still love that instance. I also realize I'm in the minority there.

My favorite wipe there was a time when someone's pet aggroed a mob in an area where it couldn't get us. It ran off and disappeared from sight. Someone noticed we were still in combat, but we thought it was a bug. About 2 minutes later, the mob appeared in front of us, and behind him, the rest of Gnomeregan.

Gnomer is one of the best instances, but only because of all the "some guy did something stupid and pulled the entire instance" stories. See also: Shadow priest MCing a mob and then tossing it into the pit with the water elementals.

And as ST...I don't think I've touched it since I leveled my paladin and got run through by two 60+ druids, so that may be why my memories of it aren't as bad.

Nobody on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'd say Mara is the worst but that's mostly because I fucking hate Mara so much

so much

BRD

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sunken Temple.

I remember seeing people spamming for that instance before BC and I thought "Good fucking luck there buddy." It's universally reviled, even though it has some cool bosses.

The problem is that it's fucking confusing, takes forever, and there is so, so much trash.

Also, pain in the ass to get to.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »

so much

BRD

BRD is awesome and its even kind of winged so you can just complete the set of bosses that you want to kill. It's also one of the only instances where it seems like the bosses and mobs should be there.

khain on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

so much

BRD

you are both terrible, Mara and BRD rock

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fairweatherfairweather OregonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I was running my friends through gnomer one time and we intentionally pulled everything in the trench leading up to the boss. I was the only survivor with my 70 prot warrior. I had to remember to slowly backtrack to avoid all the mines being dropped, and thankfully I didn't have to rely on magic damage as a warrior with everything being covered in spell reflect.

The best part about running that instance at level was when we'd aggro the trench, die, run back in, buff up, and get mauled by the same group again because they hadn't reset for some odd reason.

fairweather on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    BRD would be fine if it were winged, like SM or DM. As it is it's just way, way too big.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Derrick wrote: »
    Sunken Temple.

I remember seeing people spamming for that instance before BC and I thought "Good fucking luck there buddy." It's universally reviled, even though it has some cool bosses.

The problem is that it's fucking confusing, takes forever, and there is so, so much trash.

Also, pain in the ass to get to.

ST is rocking. The lower half blows majorly though.

All ST is basically going up and making sure to go down the stairs everytime you see them to the middle level. Then heading into the middle area and clearing out all the dragons and each wing of the room.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    khain wrote: »

so much

BRD

BRD is awesome and its even kind of winged so you can just complete the set of bosses that you want to kill. It's also one of the only instances where it seems like the bosses and mobs should be there.

Heroic Shadow Labs would rank amongst my most hated...

Bullhead on
    96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Murmur is a god damned pain, but there's a trick to him.

bowen on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

so much

BRD

BRD is the coolest dungeon in the entire game.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nobody wrote: »
    And as ST...I don't think I've touched it since I leveled my paladin and got run through by two 60+ druids, so that may be why my memories of it aren't as bad.

Considering we cleared it in about 25 minutes yeah I'm not sure you got to experience the 3 hour ordeal it was back around launch ;)

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Halfmex wrote: »
    BRD would be fine if it were winged, like SM or DM. As it is it's just way, way too big.

It pretty much is winged if you know your way around.

khain on
  • Options
    Gnomeland SecurityGnomeland Security Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

so much

BRD

BRD is cool when you know it

Personally, i think they should have FORCED everyone to go through BRD to get to MC

Thats how it used to be, thats how it should have stayed

You learn so much about both your ability and your sanity for having to do that every weekend

God i miss BRD -> MC nights

Gnomeland Security on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    You know, I never did see the final boss of BRD. The same for LBRS, which I only went to once.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

so much

BRD

BRD is cool when you know it

Personally, i think they should have FORCED everyone to go through BRD to get to MC

Thats how it used to be, thats how it should have stayed

You learn so much about both your ability and your sanity for having to do that every weekend

God i miss BRD -> MC nights

It was cooler when you didn't know it. It was huge and fun to explore. I still think there's some of it I haven't explored yet.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    It's a very aesthetically cool instance, it's just that if you're going there for ONE drop that you really want (Barman Shanker, Hand of Justice, etc), you're likely to be disappointed and have to run through that place multiple times, and that got annoying for me quickly.

Luckily it only took me 12 bar runs to get the shanker, but I heard of people doing far more runs than that. Ugh.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    You guys are all wrong.

Considering it takes a 5 man group just as long to clear BRD as it takes a raid to clear MC is just wrong.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    You guys are all wrong.

Considering it takes a 5 man group just as long to clear BRD as it takes a raid to clear MC is just wrong.

So? It was fun. Unlike Molten Core, for that matter.

And no one ever did full clears of BRD. There's a ten level range in that place.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Wait. So. Can a group of 40 people go into BRD at one time?

bowen on
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's a very aesthetically cool instance, it's just that if you're going there for ONE drop that you really want (Barman Shanker, Hand of Justice, etc), you're likely to be disappointed and have to run through that place multiple times, and that got annoying for me quickly.

Luckily it only took me 12 bar runs to get the shanker, but I heard of people doing far more runs than that. Ugh.

I did AT LEAST 50 runs and never seen that thing one time. We did it with 2 druids and me going tho so it was a stealth run that was actually a good time getting there but seriously BRD can die in a fire. Actually for its level WC is a rather long and semi confusing insance.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Here's a question: What non-heroic dungeons can I gather rep in by wearing the frilly tabard designs? I want me some argent crusade rep, but I don't want to be seen in public with a white tabard after labor day.

The lvl 80 dungeons... Pinnacle, Halls of Lightning, Oculus and Strath.
    Gun'Drak and Halls of Stone don't count? I don't think I've been in those in non-heroic, but they still show up in the list at level 80 when you do LFG for normal instances.
    bowen wrote: »
    Wait. So. Can a group of 40 people go into BRD at one time?
    They used to. Back before they added the attunement and teleport straight into MC, the only way to get to MC was to roll your 40-man raid all the way through BRD and go into the portal near the end.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, Sunken Temple gets my 'least favorite instance' award. The only time anyone wants to go there is for that stupid quest chain where you have to kill these certain troll bosses on different levels of the instance, and it's so long in between times having to go there that no one ever remembers how to do it. Pain in the ass place.

There is one cool thing that redeems it, if only slightly, and that's the Shade of Eranikus.

Yes. It's out in the ass end of nowhere, takes ages to get to, and is too goddamn huge.

I originally replied to the guy mentioning Maraudon, but hey, both ST and Maraudon fit that description!

Echo on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    That would be fuckawesome to have seen.

I wasn't even up to MC at that point before it was changed.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    You guys are all wrong.

There is no way this is true unless your comparing a over geared MC group to a extremely under geared/leveled BRD group that has no fucking clue where they're going.

khain on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2008
    Hinterlands doesn't have an instance, but it does have that big troll city area which was a goddamn pain in the ass before they got rid of the elites.

Oh god.

Alliance version: go to the top, kill some shit.

Horde version: Go to the top, killing everything on the way. And on the way down again since you'll certainly be missing one or two mobs for the quest.

Also, gather blood from these cauldrons. Both on the way up and on the way down, because no way is there enough for an entire party to get all they need on the way up.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Here's a question: What non-heroic dungeons can I gather rep in by wearing the frilly tabard designs? I want me some argent crusade rep, but I don't want to be seen in public with a white tabard after labor day.

The lvl 80 dungeons... Pinnacle, Halls of Lightning, Oculus and Strath.
    Gun'Drak and Halls of Stone don't count? I don't think I've been in those in non-heroic, but they still show up in the list at level 80 when you do LFG for normal instances.

Gun'drak is 76-78 and HoS is 77-79 I believe.

khain on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    You know, I never did see the final boss of BRD. The same for LBRS, which I only went to once.

BRD is amazing

but LBRS on the other hand, is hell in video game form

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    BRD looks awesome and has cool golems and stuff. LBRS looks like utter shit, and is filled with the same damn orcs and trolls you kill from lvl 1-60.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    You guys are all wrong.

And no one ever did full clears of BRD. There's a ten level range in that place.

Which is part of the reason it's so horrible. You guys can't seriously think that BRD was well designed can you? o_O

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    fairweatherfairweather OregonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    LBRS was definitely a nasty instance to run pre-BC, but the one thing I really like about it is how complex its layout is. There're all sorts of shortcuts and alternate paths to things that make it really interesting.

I soloed it for my dungeonmaster achievement on my warrior and had to run half of it with the mother's milk debuff from the spider boss that would periodically root me. Annoying, but not as bad as the 8 minute 100% healing reduction disease in Stratholme. I farmed a bunch of jungle remedies from STV just so I could solo that instance.

fairweather on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    You guys are all wrong.

Which is part of the reason it's so horrible. You guys can't seriously think that BRD was well designed can you? o_O

No, it's actually designed brilliantly, because you get the early level quests, go in, do the prison area, leave and turn in, level up a couple more times, get the next set of quests etc.

There's a huge level range but it's pretty well split up inside the instance, and since it was a level cap place it made sense to do it that way, unlike Uldaman which tried something along the same lines but was a complete disaster.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.