As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wolves on the menu?

2»

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    redx wrote:

We don't need nature to balance out those kind of things, that's what we are for. If nature is going to conserve itself, what are we going to do?

Dude, seriously, I can't tell if you are sarcastic or not, because this is the most retarded statement ever.

uhh... yeah, I was being ironic.

The whole post was, and the end bit there was particularlly so, just in case anyone was confused.

I really would wear a wolf skin coat though.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    A wolf skin coat sounds awesome.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Si SenorSi Senor Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    DeepQantas wrote:
    LadyM wrote:
    Godzilla
    /\
    T Rex
    /\
    Velociraptors
    /\
    Zombies
    /\
    Humans
    Velociraptors eat zombies? Are you sure about this LadyM?
    Zombie meat is toxic, please see me after class.

Zombie velociraptors
    /\
    Godzilla
    /\
    T Rex
    /\
    Velociraptors
    /\
    Zombies
    /\
    Humans

Dirge
    /\
    Zombie velociraptors
    /\
    Godzilla
    /\
    T Rex
    /\
    Velociraptors
    /\
    Zombies
    /\
    Humans

Si Senor on
    sigging2.jpg
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    DeepQantas wrote:
    LadyM wrote:
    Godzilla
    /\
    T Rex
    /\
    Velociraptors
    /\
    Zombies
    /\
    Humans
    Velociraptors eat zombies? Are you sure about this LadyM?
    Zombie meat is toxic, please see me after class.

Zombie velociraptors
    /\
    Godzilla
    /\
    T Rex
    /\
    Velociraptors
    /\
    Zombies
    /\
    Humans

Dirge
    /\
    Zombie velociraptors
    /\
    Godzilla
    /\
    T Rex
    /\
    Velociraptors
    /\
    Zombies
    /\
    Humans

Jack Bauer
    /\
    Dirge
    /\
    Zombie velociraptors
    /\
    Godzilla
    /\
    T Rex
    /\
    Velociraptors
    /\
    Zombies
    /\
    Humans

Sami on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    What about zombie Jack Bauer?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    I've only talked to one person about the reasoning as to why, because I'm not really sure I see the point as of yet.

Controlling the population and trophy hunting were the only reasons I've gotten so far.
    Killing wolves is too close to killing dogs. I do not approve of this at all. I don't care if they get a sheep now and then. Stupid shepherds.

jesus-shepherd-22g.jpg

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sami wrote:
    Cthulhu
    /\
    Galactus
    /\
    Unicron
    /\
    Jack Bauer
    /\
    Dirge
    /\
    Zombie velociraptors
    /\
    Godzilla
    /\
    T Rex
    /\
    Velociraptors
    /\
    Zombies
    /\
    Humans

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    BlackDog85BlackDog85 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    WHY wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    "Butch" Otter? What was his opponents name for him to win? Redneck McHicksy?
    Stone "Femme" McSlabchest
    Big McLargehuge lost by a small fraction of the vote.

Flint Ironstag, on the other hand, showed surprisingly well.

I don't like the idea of hunting wolves at all, but I'm heavily biased as a person who digs wolves. My dog looks too much like one for me to imagine hunting one.

BlackDog85 on
    KeithBeKnives.png
    Wii Code: 5700 4466 3616 6981 (PM if y'all add me)
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Funny thing that you mention wolves... we were discussing them in class recently, toying with the idea of re-introducing them into Ireland, into parks and reserves and such. It's an interesting idea.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Rohan wrote:
    Funny thing that you mention wolves... we were discussing them in class recently, toying with the idea of re-introducing them into Ireland, into parks and reserves and such. It's an interesting idea.

To kill the Irish.

Right?

Garthor on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    LadyM wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Derrick wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Does anyone know if wolf tastes any good?

Has anyone here ever had wolf?
    I imagine it tastes exactly like dog.

In point of fact, I don't think I'll ever be desperate enough to eat a wolf. What the hell for?
    Does dog taste any good?

I mean, really, if you're going to shoot them, you might as well eat them.
    Some Koreans seem to think so.

The Lewis and Clark expedition started eating dog after they ran out of other meat and developed quite a taste for them.

Regarding Idaho . . . it's every dumb hick stereotype come true, and is very anti-science and anti-wolf, both the residents and the government. They'll probably issue as many wolf hunting licenses as possible, hoping to wipe out the wolves in their state.
    Idaho's governor said Thursday he will support public hunts to kill all but 100 of the state's gray wolves after the federal government strips them of protection under the Endangered Species Act.

Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter told The Associated Press that he wants hunters to kill about 550 gray wolves. That would leave about 100 wolves, or 10 packs, according to a population estimate by state wildlife officials.

The 100 surviving wolves would be the minimum before the animals could again be considered endangered.

"I'm prepared to bid for that first ticket to shoot a wolf myself," Otter said earlier Thursday during a rally of about 300 hunters.

Otter complained that wolves are rapidly killing elk and other animals essential to Idaho's multimillion-dollar hunting industry. The hunters, many wearing camouflage clothing and blaze-orange caps, applauded wildly during his comments.

Suzanne Stone, a spokeswoman for the advocacy group Defenders of Wildlife in Boise, said Otter's proposal would return wolves to the verge of eradication.

"Essentially he has confirmed our worst fears for the state of Idaho: That this would be a political rather than a biological management of the wolf population," Stone said. "There's no economic or ecological reason for maintaining such low numbers. It's simple persecution."

Wolves were reintroduced to the northern Rocky Mountains a decade ago after being hunted to near-extinction. More than 1,200 now live in the region.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service plans to start removing federal protections from gray wolves in Montana and Idaho in the next few weeks.

A plan drafted by Idaho's wildlife agency calls for maintaining a minimum of 15 wolf packs _ higher than Otter's proposal of 10 packs.

Jeff Allen, a policy adviser for the state Office of Species Conservation, said 15 wolf packs would allow "a cushion" between the surviving wolf population and the minimum number that federal biologists would allow before the animals are again considered endangered.

Allen said Otter and state wildlife officials agree on wolf strategy and will be able to reach a consensus on specific numbers.

"You don't want to be too close to 10 because all of a sudden when one (wolf) is hit by a car or taken in defense of property, you're back on the list," Allen said.

I'm against hunting wolves, but after reading this, I'd line up to purchase an Idahoan liscense. That is to say, a license to hunt and kill people who live in/were born in Idaho.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Feral wrote:
    Sami wrote:
    Sheep
    ^
    Cthulhu
    /\
    Galactus
    /\
    Unicron
    /\
    Jack Bauer
    /\
    Dirge
    /\
    Zombie velociraptors
    /\
    Godzilla
    /\
    T Rex
    /\
    Velociraptors
    /\
    Zombies
    /\
    Humans
    http://-trailers.blogspot.com/2007/01/black-sheep-2006-trailer.html
    Fixed

Couscous on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    templewulf wrote:
    Shinto wrote:
    What would be the justification for putting wolves back on the market?

Ranchers will probably shoot a certain number every year protecting their livestock. If it is found that hunting would be an unsustainable drag on the wolf population coupled with this you could probably argue that hunting shouldn't be done.
    I'm definitely against hunting an animal that was on the endangered species list for 30 fucking years. Let them get a little breathing room, at least.

As far as attacking livestock, I actually feel sorry for the wolves. It's not their fault you rounded up dozens of tasty animals right on top of land that used to belong to them. I mean, if I didn't have a job, I'd probably eat your livestock too.

I do support hunting for food, though. I imagine a deer that gets killed in the wild led a much better life than a cow "raised" to be veal.

EDIT: I only just now realized my avatar / name gives away my position on the topic. :lol:

Not mine!

As long as they intelligently control the number of tags handed out each year, I don't see the problem.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    FyreWulff wrote:
    templewulf wrote:
    Shinto wrote:
    What would be the justification for putting wolves back on the market?

Ranchers will probably shoot a certain number every year protecting their livestock. If it is found that hunting would be an unsustainable drag on the wolf population coupled with this you could probably argue that hunting shouldn't be done.
    I'm definitely against hunting an animal that was on the endangered species list for 30 fucking years. Let them get a little breathing room, at least.

As far as attacking livestock, I actually feel sorry for the wolves. It's not their fault you rounded up dozens of tasty animals right on top of land that used to belong to them. I mean, if I didn't have a job, I'd probably eat your livestock too.

I do support hunting for food, though. I imagine a deer that gets killed in the wild led a much better life than a cow "raised" to be veal.

EDIT: I only just now realized my avatar / name gives away my position on the topic. :lol:

Not mine!

As long as they intelligently control the number of tags handed out each year, I don't see the problem.

Well since what is being advocated by one state is an immediate reduction in population of 80% or more, I would hardly call that sustainable.

I wouldn't even call it human, but pig-fucking rednecks prove my theory wrong time and time again.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    templewulf wrote:
    Not really. And it's not like killing a deer means one less cow gets raised in captivity.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Garthor wrote:
    Rohan wrote:

To kill the Irish.

Right?

What, we set them on ourselves? I can't imagine there'd be too many wolves left around the country if they kill just one person :P

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten