As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

An Ode to Sprites: Can you recognize them all? [NSF56K] [H-scroll warning]

elkataselkatas Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Games and Technology
I was browsing through my old files, and I found something that I had completely forgotten. About nine months ago, I made poster called "Ode for Sprites" for my friend. To put it simply, poster featured 250 sprites from various videogames. I have now hosted small version of this poster to my server, and I thought it would be amusing to check how many sprites you guys can recognize.

Ode_Small.jpg

I do have bigger, clearer poster sized version of this picture, and I can send it if requested. Due it size, I won't put up direct download link.

Hypnotically inclined.
elkatas on

• Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    260 sprites? I'm on Row E and I haven't seen one stump me yet.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    260 sprites? I'm on Row E and I haven't seen one stump me yet.

Yeah, it is pretty easy if you have played lot of games during 2D-era. My intention wasn't making this hard, just fill it with stuff that my friend enjoyed. There are few import titles, but main bulk of the titles were released in the west. Plus there is few unintentional repeats (two sprites from same game).

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I named them all. There's a bunch of obscure ones on there like Super Frog, the dude from Turrican, Zool, Alfred Chicken, but it's not too tough.

EDIT: Who is N-8, though?

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Is L-6 an AT-AT or a camel?

chamberlain on
  • Options
    AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Is L-6 an AT-AT or a camel?

I...Is that a M.U.L.E.???

Aoi on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    EDIT: Who is N-8, though?

HAR HAR, GEE I DON'T KNOW. I WISH SOMEBODY WHO HAD PLAYED WHATEVER GAME THAT IS COULD TELL US. HURF DURF. :P

Also, that is an awesome poster. I especially like that you added Lolo and Doctor Mario, my grandmother loved those games back in the day. Actually several of those I recognized and I haven't seen them in years, like the sprite from Gunsmoke or the one from Beyond Oasis or Demon's Crest. It's a great picture elkatas, I'm glad you shared it with us.

Also, W-2 is my favorite enemy from my favorite SNES game ever. :D

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    A row: Metal slug, dunno, DK, that rocket possum knight guy(name escapes me), Ragnarok Online, dunno, dunno, Shadowrun(?), Lolo, Cooking Mama.

B row: dunno, Frogger, I know this one but I can't remember, TWEWY, dunno, Operation: Wolf, Awesome Possum(?), dunno, dunno, dunno.

C row: dunno, Pacman, dunno, Lost Viking, dunno any of the others aside from the River City Ransom guy.

D row: Terry Bogard, Samus, Axl(Disagea 2), F1 Racing(?), Scrooge McDuck, Jazz Jackrabbit, dunno, dunno, Contra, Paperboy.

E Row: Dunno, Kirby, Mario from SML, dunno, dunno, Tingle, dunno, the Contact Professor, Goemon, dunno

F Row: I only see a Wolfenstein guy and Mega Man that I recognize in that row.

G Row: Stinkoman, Doom monster, Can't remember the name but a caveman, Bubble bobble, Robotnik, dunno, Zombies Ate my Neighbors, Ristar, Cluck, Morrigan.

H row: only ones I recognize are the Duck Hunt dog, guy from Mystical Ninja, Kamek and Toad.

There's no I row?

J Row: Something the cat, Klonoa, Commander Keen, Ghouls and Ghosts guy, and Snorlax are all I recognize.

K row: Lucas, Earthworm jim, and Gannon are all I know

L: Chrono, Yoshi, Cool spot, dunno, dunno, dunno, Earl, Ryu, Hydra boss from SMB 2, dunno.

M: Captain America and that robot kid(name starts with Z, I think?) are all I recall.

I'll stop there for now.

Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    E-10: Is that Flashback, or the other one that I just cannot think of? I think it's the other one. WTF IS THAT GAME CALLED?!

Fawst on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Fawst wrote: »
    E-10: Is that Flashback, or the other one that I just cannot think of? I think it's the other one. WTF IS THAT GAME CALLED?!

This game was made by single man, who currently lives in France. It does belong in the genre of "let's punch player repeatedly on the balls" together with classics like Prince of Persia, Flashback and Heart of Darkness.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Sagroth wrote: »
    There's no I row?

I'm shamed. :oops:

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    ginguskahnginguskahn Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    A row: Metal slug, dunno, DK, that rocket possum knight guy(name escapes me), Ragnarok Online, dunno, dunno, Shadowrun(?), Lolo, Cooking Mama.

B row: dunno, Frogger, I know this one but I can't remember, TWEWY, dunno, Operation: Wolf, Awesome Possum(?), dunno, dunno, dunno.

C row: dunno, Pacman, dunno, Lost Viking, dunno any of the others aside from the River City Ransom guy.

D row: Terry Bogard, Samus, Axl(Disagea 2), F1 Racing(?), Scrooge McDuck, Jazz Jackrabbit, dunno, dunno, Contra, Paperboy.

E Row: Dunno, Kirby, Mario from SML, dunno, dunno, Tingle, dunno, the Contact Professor, Goemon, dunno

G Row: Stinkoman, Doom monster, Can't remember the name but a caveman, Bubble bobble, Robotnik, dunno, Zombies Ate my Neighbors, Ristar, Cluck, Morrigan.

H row: only ones I recognize are the Duck Hunt dog, guy from Mystical Ninja, Kamek and Toad.

There's no I row?

J Row: Something the cat, Klonoa, Commander Keen, Ghouls and Ghosts guy, and Snorlax are all I recognize.

L: Chrono, Yoshi, Cool spot, dunno, dunno, dunno, Earl, Ryu, Hydra boss from SMB 2, dunno.

M: Captain America and that robot kid(name starts with Z, I think?) are all I recall.

I'll stop there for now.

Rocket Knight guy was called Sparky or Sparkster I think, love that game.

ginguskahn on
    ginguskahn360.png
  • Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I do not remember Scissorman looking like that. What version is that from?

AkimboEG on
    Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    ginguskahnginguskahn Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fawst wrote: »

Another World :)

ginguskahn on
    ginguskahn360.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    I do not remember Scissorman looking like that. What version is that from?

From first Clock Tower for SNES, but perhaps I did accidentally take fan made sprite. I'm not sure because it has been so long since I played the game.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    ginguskahn wrote: »

There's no I row?

I'll stop there for now.

Rocket Knight guy was called Sparky or Sparkster I think, love that game.

that's right. Sparkster. Man I suck at remembering names.

Sagroth on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    OOOOOOOOH, Out Of This World! Different title in the U.S. I remember I wanted that game so bad, and then it hit for the SNES and was just kinda "meh." But then Flashback came out and made me happy. Wow, I haven't seen that game for AGES.

Fawst on
  • Options
    <<BAMF>><<BAMF>> Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    E-3--Is that Mario from the old Gameboy game?

I was just playing that this morning.

<<BAMF>> on
    Crossup MK-MP-HP-Hadouken-Shippu Jinrai Kyaku
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Almost all of them, I recognize either the character, game or series but couldn't tell you one or the other, and I don't always know what system.

So I don't think that counts.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

There's no I row?

I'll stop there for now.

A-2 is Astal from the Sega Saturn game Astal. It's the first thing I noticed. I loved that game so fucking much. It was beautiful.
    Wish I still had my copy.
    And my Saturn. :(

Edit: Come on, man! M has God from Actraiser, Bonk, and Bionic Commando! Also, a guy from a Tales of game (I think the one for GBA?) and I think the muscle guy is from Cho Aniki, the most homoerotic shooter ever made.

I would just like to say that I love sprites. I find 2D games age much nicer than 3D ones. This topic reminded me that I wanted to try my hand at bead sprites using Perler beads.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I think the muscle guy is from Cho Aniki, the most homoerotic shooter ever made.

Itz wom game whee you waise fom the gwave.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    elkatas wrote: »
    I think the muscle guy is from Cho Aniki, the most homoerotic shooter ever made.

Itz wom game whee you waise fom the gwave.

Altered Beast? Whoops!

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    God, I could stare at that all day and maybe get half of them.

Damn you OP for creating such a wonderful time waster
    <<BAMF>> wrote: »
    E-3--Is that Mario from the old Gameboy game?

I was just playing that this morning.

Yep. Super Mario Land for the origional Gameboy. Loved that game.

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I wanna see how many non-europeans get C3, H6, or U8. I'm willing to bet more people get U8 than C3 or H6.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    TheShadeTheShade Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Why is Lyn on there twice, but Hector gets no love?

TheShade on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    TheShade wrote: »
    Why is Lyn on there twice, but Hector gets no love?

I had some duplicates. It was pretty hard to keep track of games in the end without any kind of list.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    A: Marco from Metal Slug - Astal - DK - Sparkster - Some dude from Final Fantasy Tactics - Strider - One of the Chaos Engine characters? - Axel from Streets of Rage - Lolo - Cooking Marmar
    B: Little Samson - Frogger - Firebrand - Dude from TWEWY - Manic Miner? - Operation Wolf dude - Awesome Possum - Dude from NARC - Pass - Pass
    C: Dude from Cadillacs and Dinosaurs? - Pac-Man - Turrican - Olaf - Dude from Alien Soldier - Pass - Dude from RRR - Last Ninja - Dude from Alien Breed - Lemming
    D: Terry Bogard - Samus - Dude from Disgaea - Pole Position - Scrooge McDuck - Jazz Jackrabbit - X-Com - Dude from Beyond Oasis - Contra Man - Paperboy
    E: Dude from Gunstar Heroes - GB Kirby - GB Mario - One dude from Bonanza Bros. - Pass - Tingle - Pass - Dude from Earthbound? - Goemon - Alien from Another World
    F: Wolfenstein Nazi - Pocky - Rick from Splatterhouse - Tomba - Rockman - Original Ghosts 'n' Goblins? - Rainbow Islands - Parasol Stars - Space Harrier - Pass
    G: Stinkoman - Cacodemon - Joe (Caveman Ninja) - Bubble Bobble - Robotnik - Barbarian? - Zombies Ate My Neighbours - Ristar - Alfred Chicken - Morrigan
    H: James Pond - Duck Hunt dog - Ebisumaru - Chick from Fire Emblem - Advance Wars guy - Superfrog - Pass - Dizzy - Magikoopa - Mario Kart Toad
    I: There was a SPRITE here. It's gone now.
    J: Bubsy - Guybrush Threepwood - Chick from New Zealand Story - Klonoa - Commander Keen - Arthur from Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts - Pass - Landstalker? - Some Genesis shooter, forget the name - Snorlax
    K: Joe Musashi - Pass - Incredible Machine - Lucas from EB 3 - EWJ - Rick Dangerous - LttP Ganon - Chu Chu Rocket - Streets of Rage 3 Blaze - Gomez Addams
    L: Crono - Yoshi - Cool Spot - That stupid SNES Kangaroo game, I don't care what its name is - Cat from Sam & Max - MULE - Toejam/Earl - Ryu - SMB 2 hydra - Another FFT dude?
    M: Megami Tensei? - That SNES King Arthur game that used the mouse - Pass - Cho Aniki - Actraiser - Bionic Commando - Captain America - Outrun car - Arc the Lad? - Evil Bonk! dude?
    N: Pitfall dude (Harry?) - Shadow Dancer - Snow Bros. - Zelda - White Mage - Black Mage - Kirby hamster - Aero the Acrobat - Mario - Bonk!
    O: Pass - Dude from PANG! - Landstalker - Simon Belmont - Comix Zone dude - Link - Haggar - Pass - Richter Belmont - Ecco
    P: Goomba - Rockman X - Arthur from Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts (armored) - Dude from one of those Epic Megagames platformers, I forget its name - Missile Command - Ogre Battle dude? - Vic Viper - That genie girl from some handheld platformers, forget her name - Illusion of Gaia - Eye of the Beholder?
    Q: Some Final Fantasy - Pit Fighter? - Super Dodge Ball - Pig Cop (Duke Nukem) - Alex Kidd - GREAT ABOBO - Hibiki from Last Blade - Another Fire Emblem chick? - Chuck Rock - Pass
    R: Joust - Harvest Moon - Dr. Mario germ - Sunset Riders dude - Bowser - Pass - Astroboy - Kid Chameleon - Forget the name - Footclan soldier
    S: Eric LeCarde - Peach - Tyris Flare - Dude from Solomon's Key? - Adol from Ys - Pass - Edgar - Dude from Sky Blazer - Green Golem from MM & Bass - Dr. Mario
    T: Balloon Fight - Pass - Contra Boss - That Konami Baseball series, name escapes me - Sakura - Dragon from Adventure - Ryu Hayabusa - Pass - Dynamite Headdy - Chick from Wario Ware?
    U: Ninja Five-0 - Felicia from Puzzle Fighter - Pass - DK - Dude from China Warrior - Dude from Secret of Evermore? - Chick from that Japanese puzzle platformer with the grappling hook, forget the name - Zool - Wolverine - KARNOV
    V: Enemy from Metal Gear? - R-Type ship - Pass (I know this!) - SNES Aladdin - Dude from one of the first two Duke Nukems? - Soma Cruz - Zelda statue? - Alien Hominid - Mr. Nutz - Mickey Mouse in Mickey Mania
    W: Little Mac - Rabbite - Omitsu? (Goemon) - Twinbee - Fat Chocobo - Little Nemo - Red Pac-Man ghost - SNES Batman - Mel Gibson - Superman (either from Death and Return or the Justice League fighter)
    X: Pac-Land - Rescue Rangers - Hattori Hanzo - Valis? - Enemy from Splatterhouse - Captain Commando character? - That fucking thing from Chaotix, don't care what it's called - Chick from Cadillacs and Dinosaurs - MvC Strider - Zitz
    Y: Pass - Pass - Pass - GB Balloon Fight? - Pass - Donkey Kong Country enemy? - Boss in Battletoads vs. Double Dragon - Homer from Simpsons Arcade - SNES Roadrunner - Pass
    Z: Final Fantasy dude - Dr. Wily - Simba from Lion King - Garfield - Robot from MM 7 - Dan Hibiki - Darkwin Duck NES - Virtual Mario - Zero - Scissorman

Only row Y stumped me. I could probably get some more on a second pass, but this took a while, so I'm not going to do that!

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    edited November 2008

A-2 is Astal from the Sega Saturn game Astal. It's the first thing I noticed. I loved that game so fucking much. It was beautiful.
    Wish I still had my copy.
    And my Saturn. :(

Edit: Come on, man! M has God from Actraiser, Bonk, and Bionic Commando! Also, a guy from a Tales of game (I think the one for GBA?) and I think the muscle guy is from Cho Aniki, the most homoerotic shooter ever made.

I would just like to say that I love sprites. I find 2D games age much nicer than 3D ones. This topic reminded me that I wanted to try my hand at bead sprites using Perler beads.

Oh God, how did I miss Actraiser and Bionic Commando?

Sagroth on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Not trying to sound douche, but I'm amazed how many wrong answers you people have. Although to be honest, I neither couldn't remember them all with quick glance. :)

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dear T-6,

You use to terrorize me when I was but a mere child. When I played your game for Atari, it always went so well. And then you showed up and fucked it all up. I would cry, "Why? Why does the green duck try to kill me?" because I was a kid, and didn't know you were a dragon. But I've grown up now, and I know you for what you truly are.

A Dick.

I hate you so much.

Sincerely,
    Me

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    AetheriAetheri Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I wanna see how many non-europeans get C3, H6, or U8. I'm willing to bet more people get U8 than C3 or H6.
    C3 = Turrican, H6 = Superfrog U8= Zool

Not from Europe. I did have an Amiga 500 when I was a kid though.

Aetheri on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    elkatas wrote: »
    Not trying to sound douche, but I'm amazed how many wrong answers you people have. Although to be honest, I neither couldn't remember them all with quick glance. :)

I'm pretty confident I got most of them. I'm fairly sure I know and have played all the games on here, but I did get confused at times when trying to write it all down. Not trying to sound douchey, but you're welcome to point out the wrong ones.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man, Zool made me remember that James Pond 2 got converted to the gba. I always wanted a new Superfrog.

RichardTauber on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

The only reason I know these is because of how many times I've watched Laffer35's "100 Amiga games in 10 minutes!" video.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    LtFoeHammerLtFoeHammer Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    I'm going to miss a lot, but here goes:

A: Guy from Metal Slug, ?, Donkey Kong, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Lolo, Mama (Rough start ^-^;)
    B: ?, Frogger, ?, ? but very familiar, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
    C: ?, Pac-Man, ?, ?, ?, Galaga, River City Ransom guy, ?, ?, Lemming(?)
    D: Guy from Final Fight(?), Samus, ?, Pole Position, Scrooge McDuck, ?, ?, ?, guy from Contra, Paperboy
    E: ?, Kirby, Mario in submarine, ?, ?, Tingle, ?, ?, ?, ?
    F: ?, ?, ?, Tomba (Love this game), Megaman, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
    G: ?, ?, ? (though I recognize him), Bub, Dr. Robotnik, ?, ?, ?, ?, Morrigan
    H: ?, Dog from Duck Hunt, ?, Lyn(?), Advance Wars soldier, ?, ?, ?, Kamek, Toad
    J: Bugsy Bobcat, ?, ?, Klonoa, ?, Sir Arthur, ?, ?, ?, Snorlax
    K: ?, ?, ?, Lucas, Earthworm Jim, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
    L: Chrono, Yoshi, 7-up dot, Kao(?), ?, AT-AT, Earl, Ryu, boss from SMB2, ?
    M: ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Bionic Commando, Captain America, ?, ?, ?
    N: ?, ?, ?, ?, White Mage, Black Mage, Rick, Sonic, Mario, Bonk
    O: ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Link, ?, ?, ?, Ecco
    P: Goomba, Megaman X, Sir Arthur, ?, Space Invaders player, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
    Q: ?, ?, Guy from Super Dodgeball(?), ?, ?, ?, ?, Lyn, ?, ?
    R: Joust, ?, Blue Virus, ?, Bowser, ?, Astro Boy, ?, ?, ?
    S: ?, Princess Peach, ?, Dana (Fire 'n Ice is awesome!), ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Dr. Mario
    T: Balloon Fighter, F-Zero car(?), ?, ?, Sakura, Dragon from Adventure, ?, ?, ?, ?
    U: ?, Felicia, ?, Donkey Kong, ?, ?, ?, ?, Wolverine, ?
    V: ?, ?, ?, Alladin, ?, ?, ?, Alien Hominid, ?, Mickey
    W: Little Mac, ?, ?, ?, Fat Chocobo(?), ?, Blinky, Batman, L-Block, Superman
    X: Pac-Man, Chip, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Very familiar ninja, Zits
    Y: ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Homer Simpson, Roadrunner, ?
    Z: ?, Dr. Wily, Simba, Garfield, ?, Dan, Darkwing Duck, Luigi, Zero, ?

Did I get any of them wrong, apart from the ones I didn't know?

LtFoeHammer on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Alright, here's my best attempt without looking at other people's answers:
    A:
    Marco (Metal Slug), ?, Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong Country), Sparkster (Rocket Knight), Ramza (FF: Tactics), Strider Hiryu (Strider) Scientist (Soldiers of Fortune), Alex (Streets of Rage), Lolo (Adventures of Lolo), Cooking Mama (Cooking Mama)
    B:
    ?, Frogger (Frogger), Firebrand (Demon's Crest), Neku (TWEWY), Spelunker (Spelunker), ?, ?, Ninja (NARC), ?, ?
    C:
    ?, Pac-man (Pac-man), Turrican (Super Turrican), Olaf (Lost Vikings), ?, Galagan (Galaga), Alex (River City Ransom), ?, ?, Blocker (Lemmings)
    D :
    Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury 1), Samus Aran (Metroid), Adell (Disgaea 2), Car (Rad Racer), Scrooge McDuck (Ducktales), ?, ?, ?, Player 1 (Contra), Paperboy (Paperboy)
    E:
    ?, Kirby (Kirby's Dream Land), Mario Subpop (Super Mario Land), ?, ?, Tinkle (Legend of Zelda: Four Swords), ?, Professor Andonuts (Earthbound), Kid Ying(Legend of the Mystical Ninja), Alien (Out of this World)
    F:
    ?, Pocky (Pocky and Rocky), Rick (Splatterhouse), Tomba (Tomba) Megaman (Megaman), ?, ?, ?, Space Harrier (Space Harrier), Nina (Breath of Fire 2)
    G:
    ?, Demon (Doom), Joe (Joe N Mac), Bub (Bubble Bobble), Dr. Robotnik (Sonic), ?, Zeke (Zombies Ate my Neighbours), Ristar (Ristar), Alfred Chicken (Alfred Chicken), Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
    H:
    ?, Dog (Duck Hunt), Dr. Yang (Legend of the Mystical Ninja), ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Kamek (Yoshi's Island 2), Toad (Super Mario Kart)
    J:
    Bubsy Bobcat (Bubsy), Guybrush Threepwood (Secret of Monkey Island), ?, ?, Arthur (Super Ghosts N' Goblins), ?, ?, ?, Snorlax (Pokemon)
    K:
    ?, ?, ?, Lucas (Mother 3), Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim), ?, Ganon (LoZ: LTTP), ?, ?, Gomez (Addams Family)
    L:
    Crono (Chrono Trigger), Yoshi (Yoshi's Island 2), 7-up Dot (Cool Spot), ?, ?, ?, Earl (Toejam and Earl), Ryu (Street Fighter 2), Cobrat (Mario Bros. 2), ?
    M:
    ?, ?, ?, Hero (Altered Beast), Hero (Actraiser), Ladd Spencer (Bionic Commando), Captain America (Marvel: War of the Gems), Car (Outrun), Cress (Tales of Phantasia), ?
    N:
    ?, ?, Jack (Snow Bros.), Zelda (Legend of Zelda 2), White Mage (FF1), Black Mage (FF1), ?, Sonic (Sonic), Mario (Super Mario Bros), Bonk (Bonk's Adventure)
    O:
    ?, ?, ?, Trevor (Castlevania 3), ?, Link (Legend of Zelda), Mike Haggar (Final Fight), Mike (StarTropics), Richter Belmont (Castlevania X), Ecco (Ecco the Dolphin)
    P:
    Goomba (Mario Bros), Megaman X (Megaman X), Arthur (Ghouls N' Ghosts), ?, City (Space Invaders), Paladin (Ogre Battle), Ship (Gradius), ?, Will (Illusion of Gaia), ?
    Q:
    Bartz (FF5), ?, Kunio (Super Dodgeball), Orc (Duke Nukem), ?, Abobo (Double Dragon), Hibiki (Last Blade 2), Lyn (Fire Emblem), ?, ?
    R:
    Ostrich Rider (Joust), Hero (Harvest Moon), Blue Virus (Dr. Mario), ?, Bowser (Mario Bros. 3), ?, Astroboy (Astroboy), ?, ?, Foot Soldier (TMNT: Turtles in Time)
    S:
    ?, Princess Peach (New Super Mario Bros.), Red (Golden Axe), ?, ?, ?, Edgar (FF3/6), ?, ?, Dr. Mario (Dr. Mario)
    T:
    Player 1 (Balloon Fight), ?, Alien (Super C), ?, Sakura (Street Fighter alpha 2), ?, Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja gaiden), ?, Dyna (Dynamite Headdy), ?
    U:
    ?, Felicia (Super Gem Fighters), ?, Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong), ?, Boy (Secret of Evermore), ?, Zool (Zool: Ninja of the nth Dimension), Wolverine (Wolverine), Karnov (Karnov)
    V:
    ?, Ship (Super R-Type), ?, Aladdin (Aladdin), ?, ?, ?, ?, Conker (Conker's Bad Fur Day), ?
    W:
    Little Mac (Punch Out!), Rabite (Secret of Mana), ?, ?, Fat Chocobo (FF2/4), Nemo (Little Nemo: The Dream Master), Blinky (Pac-Man), Batman (Batman Returns), L-Block (Tetris), Superman (Superman)
    X:
    ?, Chip (Chip N' Dale: Rescue Rangers), Hanzo Hattori (Samurai Shodown), ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Strider Hiryu (Marvel vs. Capcom), Rash (Battletoads in Battlemaniacs)
    Y:
    ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Homer Simpson (The Simpsons Arcade), Roadrunner (Roadrunner), ?
    Z:
    Hero (FF: Mystic Adventure), Dr. Wily (Megaman), Adult Simba (Lion King), ?, Auto (Megaman 7+), Dan (Super Gem Fighters), Darkwing Duck (Darkwing Duck), Mario (Mario Clash), Zero (Megaman X), Scissor Man (Clock Tower)
    A few of the ?, I actually knew either the character, or the game they appeared in, but not both. Mickey Mouse (V-10) for example. It doesn't look like the sprite used in either of the Mickey Mouse Adventure games released by Capcom, so I'm not sure which game it's from. If I couldn't be sure of the answer on both, then I just left it as a ?.

Also noticed there's no I row. Heh.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear