As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Printer Will Not Communicate With PC

Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
I have a Lexmark X6170 All in One Printer and Vista 64 bit Ultimate. The two worked side by side with no problems, when suddenly one day I can no longer get the printer to print anything. It says that "Communication is not available". I've checked the USB cable over and over, I've reinstalled the printer driver, I've checked my firewalls, but still the same error. And I know the USB cable isn't busted because the PC reads the device when I uninstall it from Device Manager and plug it back in. I've had to borrow my sister's printer, which works fine, but I still can't figure out why the Lexmark won't work. About the only thing I can do with it is send faxes, but scanning and printing are no go.

Any ideas?

Professor Snugglesworth on

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Bump. Come on guys, I'm out of ideas what to do here.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Did you restart the computer between uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers? Have you tried different USB ports on the computer? Have you tried reinserting the print cartridges or installing new ones?

If you go to Options -> Maintenance -> Align Cartridges on the printer itself, will the printer print the alignment page? If it does that would rule out hardware/cartridge problems.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.