As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Bjorns mottar haelgond sygar [chat]

1616263646567»

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Then your server's population is a group of mouth breathers. It was very doable for pugs. It wasn't doable if you fought every mob along the way. But if you paid attention and avoided the packs that could be avoided you could do it with time to spare. Also it sounds like you didn't try it yourself?
    I won't defend my server's average intelligence, that's for sure.

But yeah, a group of my guild members and I did try it quite often. Maybe there was some super-secret strategy we never figured out, but we skipped mob packs where possible and potted (just not to insane levels). Best we could ever do was 55 minutes, so I don't know. That was a pretty common complaint on the official forums as well, not that that's worth much. I'd still wager that those who were able to do it in dungeon blues and greens were more the exception than the rule.
    Not really. In greens it would have been hard. In blues it was very doable without going all out for consumables. It really was simply a matter of getting a good rhythm of chain pulling down and remembering not to drink unless you need to.

And citing the official forums for the difficulty of anything is never a strong argument to bring to the table. There were complaints on the official forums that getting your monthly gems was too hard.
    Well it could be that we just didn't have the right gear. We were all decked out in dungeon blues for the most part, though I'm sure some of us had green accessories and lacked some of the better enchants (the high +Int enchant, crusader and such were very expensive on my server in those days). Aside from that, I don't know what else to say. We ran that place constantly so we were extremely familiar with the packs and pulls, but chain pulling just resulted being tapped dry of mana very soon. This was a Warrior, Priest, Rogue, Warlock and...Hunter, I think? Can't recall the fifth exactly. Anyway, that was the group composition. Maybe another class would have made things easier.

The point I was really trying to make though was that, at least in my experience, the average casual player was going to have a very tough time getting the Dungeon 2 set, and that's the audience it was aimed at.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So today I quit WoW, apparently having more than 1 feral per raid guild is some sort of big no-no and since raiding was what I played the game for being on permanent backup just wasn't making my life any fun when playing so time to go outside again!

Junpei on
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    bowen wrote: »
    So is it not easy to get in heroics at 80? What's the gear situation looking like for a tank to need to be at HP,Armor, Defense wise?

I know defense is what, 535 heroics and 540 for raids?

All you really need is to be at the def cap which is 535 versus a level 82, the highest level in heroics.

khain on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sucks that you were in a shitty guild, but perhaps your time off will give you some time to study up on other things?

Imperfect on
  • Options
    ValVal Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Junpei wrote: »
    So today I quit WoW, apparently having more than 1 feral per raid guild is some sort of big no-no and since raiding was what I played the game for being on permanent backup just wasn't making my life any fun when playing so time to go outside again!
    How does that even work?

E: Seriously, I play feral and rawr is showing my theoretical kitty single target dps as been 4.1k in heroic and blue gear.

Val on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You had to make the most of your mana, the group I did it with I think we only drank 5 times. Once after each boss (and while the mana users were drinking the melee people would clear the ziggs), once right before starting the Abomination event, and once before Baron.

If your party was going oom on every pull or every couple pulls then you were doing it wrong. And it wasn't even really intended for PUGs anyway, the big thing back then was people wanted an equivalent challenge of doing big 20 and 40 man raids but with a 5 man group. I thought the Dungeon .5 questline was a pretty decent answer, and the night we did the 45 minute Baron run is some of the most fun I've had in WoW.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Well it wasn't aimed at PUGs necessarily, it was aimed at casuals because they wanted some gear progression while Blizzard kept adding 40 man raid dungeon after 40 man raid dungeon.

We didn't run out of mana after every few pulls, but we'd need to drink after every boss, so I guess that's what slowed us down. Maybe group composition was the issue, I can't say. If that was the case, though, that again was a failing of the design. This was way before they learned the word 'accessible' though, so I can understand that at least.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You guys are lazy new thread starters.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
This discussion has been closed.