As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] The Winter of our something something

EchoEcho ski-bapba-dapModerator mod
edited December 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
You guys are lazy new thread starters.

Echo on

• Options
    ValVal Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What's your point?

Val on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I hear this game has Dragons.

Dragons and elf hookers.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2008
    Yes.

Echo on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So, if I get to 535 defense, there's no hit point range I should be aiming towards? I'm guessing around 20K since I'm easily at 18000 right now at 75?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aumni wrote: »
    I hear this game has Dragons.

Dragons and elf hookers.
    And in at least one case, an elf hooker who happens to be a dragon.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    This thread is lazy. I vote for the title to be "Winter of Our New Content." Which I stole from somewhere in the last thread.

Also I think I will have my DK to 300 herbalism soon with alchemy to follow.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    ValVal Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Bowen prob wanna hit like 22k ish imo but I'm a druid and have like 30k in blues(when I eventually get to 80 and turn rawr into reality), so my ideas on other tanks hp might be slightly skewed.

Val on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I second the "winter of our new content" for the title.

Also, lazy wha? We've had chat threads pushing well beyond the meagre 106 pages the last one went. I just stopped assuming we had to lock 'em at 100 unless Munkus or another mod started grumbling about needing a new one.

Anyway; I should have about half a level of rested saved up by the weekend. 4 levels in 3 days on about 10 bars of rested? A bit tough, but questing is such good exp it should be doable.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    This thread sucks. Where's the hookers and blackjack? Or UI poker?

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Forar wrote: »

Also, lazy wha? We've had chat threads pushing well beyond the meagre 106 pages the last one went. I just stopped assuming we had to lock 'em at 100 unless Munkus or another mod started grumbling about needing a new one.

Winter of our new Continent?

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    "Our Winter of This Content"?

I dunno - more appropriate to the quote, less appropriate to the game, whatevs.

Guys - I haven't played since I hit 78. I got bored. Considering another whack at it tonight, but I dunno.

Why is this boring not even two weeks afterwards?

Imperfect on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ALL THAT WORK RUINED!

Dissociater on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Vàl wrote: »
    Bowen prob wanna hit like 22k ish imo but I'm a druid and have like 30k in blues(when I eventually get to 80 and turn rawr into reality), so my ideas on other tanks hp might be slightly skewed.

Yeah I'm probably doing retarded math in my head based on numbers from the old gems. So I should be pretty good to go with a few pre 80 and 80 instances plate and rep grind plate options?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    yo icecrown is pretty fun
    5-3.jpg

ratatatatatatat

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Third'd on the "winter of our new content" title.

Also: DKs are the awesomest thing ever. Word of advice: if you are planning to level one to cap, ever, do it now. There will most assuredly be some pretty big "tweaks" coming their way sooner rather than later, and leveling with them right now is criminally easy. Like "easier than BM Hunter" easy.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Imperfect wrote: »
    "Our Winter of This Content"?

I dunno - more appropriate to the quote, less appropriate to the game, whatevs.

Guys - I haven't played since I hit 78. I got bored. Considering another whack at it tonight, but I dunno.

Meh, I'm having a blast. Haven't played heavily since season 2, though, so its kind of newish.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    wintergrasp and strand are so rad dudes

i think i will stay at 79 for a while

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Re: vanilla instances

I just remembered that with Scholomance, I didn't even know about Ras Frostwhisper until maybe 2 months after I had first seen the place. All the groups I went with did Gandling runs and never mentioned anything about ol' Ras. I hadn't seen the questline about him yet either.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Halfmex wrote: »

Also: DKs are the awesomest thing ever. Word of advice: if you are planning to level one to cap, ever, do it now. There will most assuredly be some pretty big "tweaks" coming their way sooner rather than later, and leveling with them right now is criminally easy. Like "easier than BM Hunter" easy.

As far as bitching about them in pvp, they don't seem too bad.

I'm probably fighting bad/poorly specced ones, though.
    SteevL wrote: »

I just remembered that with Scholomance, I didn't even know about Ras Frostwhisper until maybe 2 months after I had first seen the place. All the groups I went with did Gandling runs and never mentioned anything about ol' Ras. I hadn't seen the questline about him yet either.

I think there might be a quest connected to him. Thats like ancient history, though.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    5-3.jpg

ratatatatatatat

There is a quest on the Alliance side in Dragon blight that has an area full of undead and some Alliance soldiers trapped behind them. To do the quest you grab a machine gun and lay down some fire to clear the area for them. So much fun.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DKs really aren't overpowered, and leveling speed has never been a reason to nerf anyone.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Anyway; I should have about half a level of rested saved up by the weekend. 4 levels in 3 days on about 10 bars of rested? A bit tough, but questing is such good exp it should be doable.

I had 40% rested and managed 3+ levels in one day. I played a shitload that day though. Even with the rested, you're looking at around 5 hours a level probably.

shadowane on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    We always did Ras but I remember the first time I was on a run that did Julia I was like

you mean there's another boss down here?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008

As far as bitching about them in pvp, they don't seem too bad.

I'm probably fighting bad/poorly specced ones, though.

I think there might be a quest connected to him. Thats like ancient history, though.

There is, as I recall it involves getting that orb that let you see dead people, and I think a ghost had the quest to kill him. I could be mistaking him for someone else.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    DKs really aren't overpowered, and leveling speed has never been a reason to nerf anyone.

They don't seem to be putting out crazy dps or anything. I did get killed by one pulling me into a group of like 3 warriors though, with that chain-pull thing. Highly amusing.

Also, Wintergrasp = awesome, Strand of the Ancients = shit.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The quest for Ras you have to use an item to turn him mortal again and then return with his head.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I just hate being chain death-gripped by multiple DKs.

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Little Jim wrote: »
    5-3.jpg

ratatatatatatat

There is a quest on the Alliance side in Dragon blight that has an area full of undead and some Alliance soldiers trapped behind them. To do the quest you grab a machine gun and lay down some fire to clear the area for them. So much fun.

I don't know if alliance gets this, but the horde gets a similar quest:

Where you defend the breach with a huge gun that has two attacks 'shoot' and 'reckoning bomb'

The text for reckoning bomb is hilarious, it's something like this: "Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.."

Dissociater on
  • Options
    QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

O god, I spent so much time in there to get the dungeon set helm. I would imagine over a hundred at least. Also, if you've never been to the basement don't go there. Ever. Worst room ever. Magic immune undead, random pathing and deadly diseases was not a good combination.

Quetzatcoatl on
  • Options
    adejaanadejaan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Regarding the UD Strat discussions in the last thread, I still have fond memories of falling asleep at the keyboard and wiping my 10man group on Maleki the Pallid. It wasn't quite as funny at the time since some of them were in full t2. It's funny now, though.

*edit - Yeah, the basement of Scholo was terrible too. We'd all go DON'T STAND IN THE GAS! and someone always would.

adejaan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Having some built up rested exp will make those last two levels fly by. I found with heavy questing I was using up around 5 bars of rested per level, if that's any indicator how much quest exp can be worth.

That said, I also haven't been hitting the instances, as I kinda gave up on wasting time trying to form groups. I figure I'll see them all plenty once I get to 80 and people start wanting to running heroics. But then again, I'm just another dps'er. A poor rogue trying to make it in a Ret Paladin's world. /pity

Kind of excited about dragging the feral druid into the new content, though.

Forar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Having some built up rested exp will make those last two levels fly by. I found with heavy questing I was using up around 5 bars of rested per level, if that's any indicator how much quest exp can be worth.

That said, I also haven't been hitting the instances, as I kinda gave up on wasting time trying to form groups. I figure I'll see them all plenty once I get to 80 and people start wanting to running heroics. But then again, I'm just another dps'er. A poor rogue trying to make it in a Ret Paladin's world. /pity

Instances don't seem to be worth the time/xp they were in BC. Not enough trash.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Am I correct that, as I have heard, the fastest leveling spec is unholy, AoEing 6 mobs at a time?

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The orb to see the ghost questgiver was actually part of the Dungeon 2 questline I believe, wasn't he the one that gave the quest for the 45 minute baron run?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Oh I'm not suggesting that they should be nerfed or that it will be due to leveling speed, but the devs have stated back before Beta closed that the classes were going to get another pass "once most people start hitting level 80", and I'd be very surprised if the DKs didn't see any nerfs as a result. I'm sure every class will be nerfed in one form or another; that's how it worked in TBC if I recall anyway.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Turning in 3 quests for 120,000 exp, however, is extremely nice, especially when the instance only took ~30 minutes.

Forar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Am I correct that, as I have heard, the fastest leveling spec is unholy, AoEing 6 mobs at a time?
    I haven't tried leveling with Blood or Frost, so I honestly can't speak to the efficiency of those two trees, but it's absolutely true that Unholy can take on six (or more) mobs at a time with some nice AoEs/diseases and such, and burn them to the ground with little to no severe hit to HP. They are monsters, literally and figuratively.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

This really dissapoints me too becuase my plan was to get to 78 through questing and then instance my way through the last two levels like I did with BC. I'm lucky if I get two bubbles a run now in WotLK :(

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    The orb to see the ghost questgiver was actually part of the Dungeon 2 questline I believe, wasn't he the one that gave the quest for the 45 minute baron run?

I'm fairly certain the orb to see ghosts and the quests that existed from the ghosts was around before the 45 minute run. That's not to say that maybe there was a quest added in after the 45 minute stuff. But I remember doing the whole ghost quest orb thing before they did a lot of the big changes to those 5 mans.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

This really dissapoints me too becuase my plan was to get to 78 through questing and then instance my way through the last two levels like I did with BC. I'm lucky if I get two bubbles a run now in WotLK :(

My big issue is that people seem to just not want to do the instances while leveling up. I'm having a bastard of a time finding instance groups, even if I offer to tank. People just don't seem to want to do them until they hit 80. I don't get it to be honest...

Dissociater on
This discussion has been closed.