As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How do you become an enforcer?

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited October 2008
    chucks are the best shoes

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• dskaitlyndskaitlyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm a lurker, this is my first time posting. (Loss of forum virginity.. so painful)

The reason I'm here is PAXEC. I live in MA and I'm so wicked excited. If/when an application gets posted to be an enforcer I will be ready!

dskaitlyn on
    "You know, you're a classic example of the inverse ratio between the size of the mouth and the size of the brain."
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    dskaitlyn wrote: »
    I'm a lurker, this is my first time posting. (Loss of forum virginity.. so painful)

The reason I'm here is PAXEC. I live in MA and I'm so wicked excited. If/when an application gets posted to be an enforcer I will be ready!

holy shit, you were born 1 day after me! lol, let's east coast enforce together!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • dskaitlyndskaitlyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    dskaitlyn wrote: »

holy shit, you were born 1 day after me! lol, let's east coast enforce together!

RAD!

dskaitlyn on
    "You know, you're a classic example of the inverse ratio between the size of the mouth and the size of the brain."
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Due to some of the powers that be, I'm going to be helping out with a con in Seattle in April (nah, I'm sure none of you know what I'm talking about). I'm going to see how that is, and if I like it.. and then maybe fi they do want a few more Enforcers in '09, talk to a couple of the people I know to see if I could get a referal. I may not be a dude, nor will you catch me in a Utilikilt, but what about a skirt? ^_~

MeeOk on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I almost wore a skirt for PAX this year, but I didn't get it finished in time. It will hopefully make an appearance next year!

(P.S. we like girl enforcers.)

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MeeOk wrote: »
    Due to some of the powers that be, I'm going to be helping out with a con in Seattle in April (nah, I'm sure none of you know what I'm talking about). I'm going to see how that is, and if I like it.. and then maybe fi they do want a few more Enforcers in '09, talk to a couple of the people I know to see if I could get a referal. I may not be a dude, nor will you catch me in a Utilikilt, but what about a skirt? ^_~

Emerald City ComiCon, yes?

Utilikilt does do custom women's sizing. ;) I've got a Scottish kilt, though, that basically looks like a long skirt.

I would like to get even just a taste of PAX Enforcing, but I worry that about that time next year I'll be too busy planning my trip to Europe, which begins in September... And I don't think I'd want my first to be in 2010. I think I'd feel doubly clueless as a first-time Enforcer in a city and venue I've never visited (though I guess the latter part of the concern is something I'd be sharing, heh).

Twinkie on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited October 2008
    2010 will still have PAX Seattle. PAX Boston is going to be an addendum, not a replacement.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    2010 will still have PAX Seattle. PAX Boston is going to be an addendum, not a replacement.

Oh, I know, I just hadn't given thought to staying, heh. If I can make it work, I am East Coast PAX all the way. But it will be an interesting year for both...

Twinkie on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Liger wrote: »
    I almost wore a skirt for PAX this year, but I didn't get it finished in time. It will hopefully make an appearance next year!

(P.S. we like girl enforcers.)

That could be me! (please, please, please!)

MetaverseNomad on
    edited October 2008
    Twinkie wrote: »

Utilikilt does do custom women's sizing. ;) I've got a Scottish kilt, though, that basically looks like a long skirt.

I would like to get even just a taste of PAX Enforcing, but I worry that about that time next year I'll be too busy planning my trip to Europe, which begins in September... And I don't think I'd want my first to be in 2010. I think I'd feel doubly clueless as a first-time Enforcer in a city and venue I've never visited (though I guess the latter part of the concern is something I'd be sharing, heh).

No, the expo for all the Japan-o-philes and otaku's actually. *cough* Although I hope to go to Emerald City too.

MeeOk on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Twinkie wrote: »

No, the expo for all the Japan-o-philes and otaku's actually. *cough* Although I hope to go to Emerald City too.

We are working together in fact! <3 Huzzah!

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
    edited October 2008
    Fantastic! Oh! And I have a new piercing, not that, you know, we've hung out often enough for you to probably notice, but... I got my nose pierced. Yay! Oh! And next time you come up to Seattle, let me know. I don't work weekends anymore, so we could totally nerd out..

MeeOk on
  • ProjektSoulProjektSoul Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It'd be awesome if they opened up the enforcer recruitment for PAX '09...I wanted to apply for '08 but no open recruitment...sad. :(

I know 4 enforcers now....w00t! lol So hopefully that will help when it comes time to recommendations. I can't wait for PAX '09! :D

ProjektSoul on

TheProjektSoul.jpg
  • taumesontaumeson PAX PC Room Manager Minnesota?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    does anyone ever get fired mid-pax? if so, what are the repercussions, like do you have to buy a pass for the rest of pax?

Let's see. I remember hearing about somebody who got fired, and he lost his pass and was told not to come back ... but I hadn't heard of the guy before so I don't know if it's real. I definitely know of people who were told not to come back and that they would no longer be considered for Enforcing. I also know of one individual who had their shifts pulled and told that they could enjoy PAX but their services were no longer required.

taumeson on
    yBfDKg5.png
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    holy thread ressurection

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    BigRed wrote: »
    holy thread ressurection

Welcome Back to the State of History?

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    BigRed wrote: »
    holy thread ressurection

hey, the freeplay guys can get a word in, too, it's not all about byoc, ya know ;)

their computers just are quite as quick!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2008
    taumeson wrote: »
    does anyone ever get fired mid-pax? if so, what are the repercussions, like do you have to buy a pass for the rest of pax?

Let's see. I remember hearing about somebody who got fired, and he lost his pass and was told not to come back ... but I hadn't heard of the guy before so I don't know if it's real. I definitely know of people who were told not to come back and that they would no longer be considered for Enforcing. I also know of one individual who had their shifts pulled and told that they could enjoy PAX but their services were no longer required.

One guy threatened me with a cattle prod. I hope he got fucking fired I tell you what.

Tube on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    How do you become an enforcer? By tracking me down in IRC and getting your name added to my list... Muahaha!

Srsly.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    HotSake wrote: »
    Srsly.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Are you:

A. A resident of Seattle, willing to take a bullet for Gabe and Tycho(and their families) when they do the public appearances thing?

B. Happy with the prospect of being a cut-rate Secret Service agent/security guard?

C. Experienced as a bouncer/bodyguard?

D. Possessing Personal Hygiene?

E. Possessing good enough eyes to see the glint of the assasin's barrel?

F: A muscular, intimidating dude?

IF SO, THEN YOU COULD BE AN ENFORCER.

minigunwielder on
    edited November 2008
    A. No

B. Yes

C. No

D. Yes

E. Yes

F: No

I apparently fail at being an Enforcer :(

BrokenAngel on
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    taumeson wrote: »

One guy threatened me with a cattle prod. I hope he got fucking fired I tell you what.

Man I still say we shoulda made a bigger scene over that

JohnnyCache on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Don't lie.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
    edited December 2008
    A. No

B. No

C. No

D. No

E. No

Failboat.jpg

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited December 2008
    Um, I'm doing a thread resurrection type post, because the last party I went to a lot of people kept asking me if I was going to be an Enforcer for '09.

A. Not quite

B. Yes

C. I'll be working at Sakura-con.. so I'll technically have some experience by the time PAX '09 rolls around

D. Of course

E. As long as I have my glasses on

F: No...

Apparently I kinda fail too. :(

MeeOk on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Don't worry, minigunwielder's "qualifications" were in jest. =) I bet you could be a rockin' Enforcer! Woot! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited December 2008
    Yeah I am an enforcer already ;P Big and manly bullet taking seattleites is not required! <3

BrokenAngel on
    edited December 2008
    Oh I know they were in jest, I just thought they were funny. And I wanted to bring the thread semi-back to life. ^_~

MeeOk on
    edited December 2008
    Ah =) te he =)

I definitely think you should go for being an Enforcer if there's an opening this coming year. It'd be good!

VThornheart on
    edited December 2008
    We shall see. If/when they start recruiting, I'll raise my figurative hand as a volunteer. ^_^

MeeOk on
    edited December 2008
    Woot! =)

If not for the cookie brigade, I'd raise my hand for it too. But I have a duty... a delicious, chewy duty... to fulfill. =)

VThornheart on
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Woot! =)

If not for the cookie brigade, I'd raise my hand for it too. But I have a duty... a delicious, chewy duty... to fulfill. =)

You also have a Mysterious and Magical duty, to the Tour goers! As do I!

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
    edited December 2008
    Te he! =)=) Yay! =)

Speaking of which Snickers, you may have to be in charge of the actual MMT itself this coming year (or someone else if you wish, but you get first dibs ;) ), as I promised Moe that I'd go on the CCST now that I'll be coming over from New Hampshire.

I can still run the pre-planning and voting for destinations, signups etc... of course, but I'll need someone who'll actually be there instead of driving across the country to make sure everyone gets everywhere on time. =) You kind of got thrown into that defacto last year when my flight got in late/I went through the epic detour for additional pants. (smacks forehead) =) And I'll meet up with you guys when you do the CCST meet-up.

Oh... and on the MMT subject, are you coming to Boston for PAX in 2010? Be sure to plan for coming over/bringing the rest of the gang (kicking and screaming if you must ;) ). The MMT there is going to be epic! =) (EDIT: Not that the current MMT isn't epic... but having the MMT in an entirely new place is going to be a blast =) )

VThornheart on
    edited December 2008
    I am planning/hoping to go to East Coast PAX.. and am interested in doing the CCST except for that whole not having a car thing. And I must needs get my license before 2010 so that if I can tag along with somebody, I can drive. Or else suck it up and pay for a flight. ;_;

MeeOk on
    edited December 2008
    Do be careful though, I'm not sure if there's actually going to be a CCST to PAX 2010 (it sounds like the path one would have to take from Seattle to Boston would be rife with danger during the time period when PAX Boston would be going on). It may be best to plan as if there won't be a "Reverse CCST" as they say. =)

It'll be great to have you guys out there! Yay! =)

My apologies for the minor thread derailment. =) Carry on with Enforcer conversation. =)

VThornheart on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Te he! =)=) Yay! =)

Speaking of which Snickers, you may have to be in charge of the actual MMT itself this coming year (or someone else if you wish, but you get first dibs ;) )

aaaaaa---
    ..... I feel so insignificant...

MetaverseNomad on
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Te he! =)=) Yay! =)

Speaking of which Snickers, you may have to be in charge of the actual MMT itself this coming year (or someone else if you wish, but you get first dibs ;) ), as I promised Moe that I'd go on the CCST now that I'll be coming over from New Hampshire.

I can still run the pre-planning and voting for destinations, signups etc... of course, but I'll need someone who'll actually be there instead of driving across the country to make sure everyone gets everywhere on time. =) You kind of got thrown into that defacto last year when my flight got in late/I went through the epic detour for additional pants. (smacks forehead) =) And I'll meet up with you guys when you do the CCST meet-up.

Oh... and on the MMT subject, are you coming to Boston for PAX in 2010? Be sure to plan for coming over/bringing the rest of the gang (kicking and screaming if you must ;) ). The MMT there is going to be epic! =) (EDIT: Not that the current MMT isn't epic... but having the MMT in an entirely new place is going to be a blast =) )

Ahh, the CCST. Thats understandable! I'd be honored to take up that mantle... I have been thinking about applying to enforce however. Having met so many awesome enforcers in the last month, and considering all of HoG wants to enforce, I'm thinking pretty hard on what I want to do for PAX '09. If I decide not to, or don't get accepted, or however it turns out that I don't enforce, I'll throw myself gung ho into MMT and other event planning and preparation.
    Te he! =)=) Yay! =)

Speaking of which Snickers, you may have to be in charge of the actual MMT itself this coming year (or someone else if you wish, but you get first dibs ;) )

aaaaaa---
    ..... I feel so insignificant...

Why so Nomad?! You are anything but! You can be leader if you want! I'd vote for ya! :D I'm cool with it either way :)

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
    edited December 2008
    Spring needs to hurry up and roll around. I want to try and figure out what all I'm doing PAX '09, and so I wanna figure out if I am going to be trying to be an Enforcer, or what. :(

MeeOk on
This discussion has been closed.