As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Big Mike [chat]

1394041424345»

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I feel like I should be into a sport.

I feel as though not being into one makes me less of a man.

It does.

It totally does.

James on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Inq: Let's do water polo.

Going in the wrong direction.

Swimming sports are super good for you, aren't likely to destroy your body, gets you near women in bikinis, and works so many muscles.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Elendil wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel that way. Then I look to my monstrous cock and remember the true worth of a man.

Suddenly I feel less bad about voting for you. :P
    E tu, Quis?

Elendil on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    http://store.valvesoftware.com/productshowcase/productshowcase_L4D-FrancisShirt.html

I almost want that shirt just because it says I hate Ayn Rand.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    E tu, Quis?

It's mainly because I'm in second place. No hard feelings buddy.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    http://store.valvesoftware.com/productshowcase/productshowcase_L4D-FrancisShirt.html

I almost want that shirt just because it says I hate Ayn Rand.

HURRR DISREGARD THIS POST THAT I HAVE MADE HRURR

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Hit the little magnifying glass bub.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    Organichu wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    God of War beaten. Oh yeaaah!

Personally I think it's one of the best games ever made.
    Man, I'm not feeling that. Large sections of it were downright irritating.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of it was fantabulous, too, but...

The silly violence was kind of a turn off too.

Don't worry, I'm wrong about some stuff too, we all have these moments Elendil.

---

I never played God of War 2, DUE.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Personally I think it's one of the best games ever made.
    Man, I'm not feeling that. Large sections of it were downright irritating.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of it was fantabulous, too, but...

The silly violence was kind of a turn off too.

Don't worry, I'm wrong about some stuff too, we all have these moments Elendil.

---

I never played God of War 2, DUE.

Weird me either. I fucking loved God of War

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpeakerSpeaker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Podly wrote: »
    Speaker wrote: »
    Hey Podly, how's school?

Meh, I'm still not registered because of FAFSA / Loan issues, but Im doing pretty well. (Except for Greek, in which I have like a C, but that's just a ridiculously hard class.) I'm pretty proud of my grades, considering I had to pick up a second job to make ends meet. C'est la view. Are you still in New Hampshire / thinking about getting back to school?

Yeah, working too much sucks, it's cool that you have still be able to take classes though. What are your jobs?

I'm working for a few years to pay down debt and get some job experience, then I'll move back to Boston and do night school at Suffolk for law.

Also - baby girl due in April. That's neat.

Speaker on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    E tu, Quis?

It's mainly because I'm in second place. No hard feelings buddy.
    Man, I don't take anything personally.

You saw that story I told about the time I was a seer, right? I'm not sure if you were around for that game, but the monster I outed was Irene.

The ordeal was heartbreaking.

Elendil on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    Cinders wrote: »

Did you beat the Challenge of the Gods?

Nah, I think I'm gonna try MGS4 now.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Oooh, a girl?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008

You saw that story I told about the time I was a seer, right? I'm not sure if you were around for that game, but the monster I outed was Irene.

Haha, it's a hard knock life indeed.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I don't know what to think about the current phalla. I keep trying to play the shadow run game for genesis as I have fond memories of the fucker but apparently I can't do combat worth shit anymore.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Upstate New York is sweeeee--

No I'm only kidding it's terrible.
    Saratoga Springs is a quaint place and very nice to live in.

It also has laser tag and a Ben&Jerry's, both of which are pluses in my book.

Cantide on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Haha, it's a hard knock life indeed.
    It was most tragic

Like Romeo and Juliet, except Romeo and Juliet were trying to murder each other

Elendil on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Wow, I hadn't heard about that. Congrats!!!

I work at a graphic arts computer lab, a restaurant, and I DJ every thursday night.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I don't know what to think about the current phalla. I keep trying to play the shadow run game for genesis as I have fond memories of the fucker but apparently I can't do combat worth shit anymore.

I'm actually going to get to play a shadowrun pnp game over the forums.

I'm pretty pumped.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The last Massacre Day was held in 1783. I wish we still had a holiday with such an awesome name.

You know, if we want people to not forget 9/11...

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    hm..

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    i should have pulled a bait and switch

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    20040107h.jpg
    Tycho wrote:
    Gabe's computer was powerful fucked up, and with the freak snowfall we had I couldn't get over there - so if you see only pencils and not newfangled hues, that's the reason. Point is, we play Mario Kart as much as possible. You might actually know the guy who bailed on me - Zach Stroum, a.k.a. Durandal, who does Shaw Island and American Animetion. I was, however, able to pull in an alternate - and the ensuing ruckus cemented my belief that we had chosen our number six game in wisdom.

It's good in ways that you would have to play it to understand, but there are some elements that can be elaborated on. Earlier versions of the game had more amusing battle modes, that is a point I will readily concede. The Bomb mode ain't bad, maybe I'll grow into it. On the other hand, the racing so pristine as to inspire a sonnet.

When setting it up for LAN play the first time, if you're coming from a PC or maybe an Xbox you might be startled at how primitive the interface is. You can Start Game, you can Change Options, and you can break the connection. As mentioned in reviews you might have read, you can't choose your characters or cars. This mystified us at first. It seemed like if they could invent a console, make it networkable, and then write a racing game, they were probably smart enough to make a menu inside that game that would let you choose whether or not you were a turtle. I'm used to options, options, and more options, and the lack of them resounded.

After you play for a while, you completely forget about it. When you hit Start Game, you're thrown right into a race with a car weight you might be unfamiliar with and character you might not have chosen yourself. They're different every time. It wasn't until these choices were taken out of our hands that I realized how much time gets spent fucking arguing about those choices under ordinary circumstances. You'd have it here, too, if they let you choose - shit along the lines of "Chain Chomps are cheap," or "You always take that Bullet Bill Car." But there's none of that. Sometimes you get a lucky draw. It never lasts from round to round, and you certainly can't be thought any less of for it. The whining when we used to have Halo parties was unbearable, of the "You're using the pistol too much, stop using the pistol" school. It's the sort of thing that makes you not want to have Halo Parties anymore, an eventuality which quickly coalesced into an outcome. By accident or by design, removing these decisions lubricates the experience.

Don't think I'm just coming up with some florid way to praise Nintendo for what is (in actuality) some oversight on their part. If they needed to be excoriated, I would apply the necessary heat - independent of my deep emotional attachment. For example, I'm about to stick it to Bioware.

I obtained Hordes Of The Underdark with the full intention of playing through it on a LAN this weekend, only to find out that you can't actually do that in their multiplayer roleplaying game. You can hit Bioware's forum here for their reasoning, and you can also hit this other thread for a few workarounds. Then, you can hit your head on the edge of your desk over and over again. Eventually, if you strike continually and with diligence, you will reduce your own IQ to a level where this bullshit makes some sense.

If I'm going to play an RPG all by lonesome, let's be clear: it's sure as fuck not going to be based on Neverwinter Goddamn Nights. I don't doubt that Hordes of the Underdark is very, very nice. Shadows of Undrentide was so good it made me forget the lukewarm presentation and tolerable UI that game delivers, and that's the nicest thing you can say about it. But I play those games because they're the Goddamn multiplayer version of Dungeons and Dragons, and I'm not the only one who does that so don't waste your time imagining such a specious universe.

I like Bioware, they make really good games in my opinion - but this is just stupid, the fact that players have invented a few ways to fix it doesn't make it okay. Make it right.

Also, for the love of God download that new Splinter Cell trailer. No, it's not the one people keep calling a new trailer when it's just the old one in a new resolution or without the fucking sound. As usual, AIX has a great torrent going.

(CW)TB out.

who cares what games we choose

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.