As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hop on the [Chat]flower pilgrim.

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Kagera wrote: »
    Which reminds me of something. Prince, as in the artist formerly known as, is now a religious zealot that is against gay marriage.

I find this fascinating.

Fantastic. Because Jesus totally hated on the gays all the time. Way to fuck up, Prince.

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Gosling wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Ouch. You don't live in one of those towns that sustains itself on its Wal-Mart, where it's the only place to spend money and the only place to get a job, do you?
    Well, if it wasn't before the economy went into the toilet, it sure as hell is now.

I can't believe you don't even have a McDonald's.

James on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Which reminds me of something. Prince, as in the artist formerly known as, is now a religious zealot that is against gay marriage.

I find this fascinating.

This is actually sadder than when Madonna decided to become a Qabalist to sell music.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    James wrote: »

I find this fascinating.

Fantastic. Because Jesus totally hated on the gays all the time. Way to fuck up, Prince.

He's a Jehova's Witness. :?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ouch. You don't live in one of those towns that sustains itself on its Wal-Mart, where it's the only place to spend money and the only place to get a job, do you?
    Well, if it wasn't before the economy went into the toilet, it sure as hell is now.

We used to.

Until it burned down less than a month ago. (Not like I eat there anyway- last time I went they didn't even cook the fries fully. They gave me these sticks that were still half raw potato.)

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »

I find this fascinating.

What? O_o

http://gawker.com/5098851/prince-doesnt-like-it-when-you-record-him-saying-being-gay-is-wrong
    “God came to earth and saw people sticking it wherever and doing it with whatever, and he just cleared it all out."

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Is... is he going to go door to door...?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man people were even fucking pillars of salt before Jesus came around and cleaned that shit up.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I find this fascinating.

Those guys are weird. A pair of them talked to me once. Then I showed them God. And in His Divine Glory he granted me one wish: To have them expelled from my presence. I now use them to salt my meat.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh, yeah, and we used to have a Burger King.

Then the health board shut it down because of rats.

Nobody in town gives a damn about the rats; me included. We all just want the Burger King back, rats and all. Just for variety in food.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Man people were even fucking pillars of salt before Jesus came around and cleaned that shit up.

That's a fucking freaky coincidence. Fuck you.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    I usually invite Witnesses in for tea. Then when they ask me something about Jesus I say no and ask them if they want cream.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I find this fascinating.

Jehova's Witness does in fact incorporate Jesus. Actually considered a heretical cult by many Christian denominations.

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh, yeah, and we used to have a Burger King.

Then the health board shut it down because of rats.

Oh I see. This is just another case of over-regulation fucking over the local markets and bringing stagnation and poverty to an area.
    Drez wrote: »

That's a fucking freaky coincidence. Fuck you.

Salt imagery is mine now.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Drez wrote: »

I find this fascinating.

Those guys are weird. A pair of them talked to me once. Then I showed them God. And in His Divine Glory he granted me one wish: To have them expelled from my presence. I now use them to salt my meat.

You have them in your cellar and use their salty tears. See, perfectly reasonable and mundane explanation.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Is... is he going to go backdoor to backdoor...?

:winky:

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fuck, I get the feeling my parents will help me buy a new computer if I can find some really good Black Friday deals on components.

The problem is that I know next to nothing about components, so I can't deviate much from the parts listed in the Computer Build thread in the Technology Tavern. If those parts aren't on sale, I don't know how to find equivalent parts (or slightly less good parts) that are on sale.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

We used to.

Until it burned down less than a month ago. (Not like I eat there anyway- last time I went they didn't even cook the fries fully. They gave me these sticks that were still half raw potato.)

Wow, you know, I was joking. But uh...

I actually feel kind of bad for you :P

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Jehova's Witness does in fact incorporate Jesus. Actually considered a heretical cult by many Christian denominations.

Yeah, I know. Weird, weird people. Some of them not bad, though.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Drez you always make me laugh.

James on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    Fuck, I get the feeling my parents will help me buy a new computer if I can find some really good Black Friday deals on components.

The problem is that I know next to nothing about components, so I can't deviate much from the parts listed in the Computer Build thread in the Technology Tavern. If those parts aren't on sale, I don't know how to find equivalent parts (or slightly less good parts) that are on sale.

Do you have a techy friend you can call while out shopping?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Gosling, can I interest you in some civilization?

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008

They dress well too, at least from the ones I've seen, when they come to my house.

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

They dress well too, at least from the ones I've seen, when they come to my house.

I bet it's because they always think they're in church.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

They are also pretty good about letting their kids stay horribly sick rather than take them to the doctor, but will happily go to the doctor themselves when THEIR lives are threatened.

That aunt ticks me off so bad.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Drez what movie are you watching?

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    A guy I knew in High School supposedly answered the door to some Jehovah's Witnesses shirtless, with a big, red pentagram on his chest. Or it was an inverted 5-point star.

Either way, he was an odd one.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Perhaps we should let Cat explain some of the crazier parts of the religion.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

We used to.

Wow, you know, I was joking. But uh...

I actually feel kind of bad for you :P
    Yeah. I'm starting to seriously consider going back to school for a Poli Sci degree, preferably one in an ACTUAL city that still has some hope to it. (Then I use that as a launching pad to get out of town on a permanent basis.)

I have marketing credits I can transfer (though probably just in-state), might have a grant from my dad's Vietnam hearing loss (40% disability) valid yet, have the one tech-school diploma to work off of, though now I'd be looking for something a little higher-quality than Madison Area Technical College.

Gosling on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Elki wrote: »

Not really, and I'm pretty much looking for online deals only, because my parents aren't going to spend one of the days of our family weekend together waiting in line at Fry's or some shit.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Or I could just introduce you all to my aunt and her house full of fighting cocks and various constantly-breeding animals and occassional pet possums.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

They are also pretty good about letting their kids stay horribly sick rather than take them to the doctor, but will happily go to the doctor themselves when THEIR lives are threatened.

That aunt ticks me off so bad.

I think the government here told a JW couple to fuck off when they denied their kid a blood transfusion and he got one anyway.

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Not really, and I'm pretty much looking for online deals only, because my parents aren't going to spend one of the days of our family weekend together waiting in line at Fry's or some shit.

Well do you know in advance what parts are on sale?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Or I could just introduce you all to my aunt and her house full of fighting cocks and various constantly-breeding animals and occassional pet possums.

... Cat it is.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    ... Cat it is.

But my example is funnier.

Hers is just sad.

Also mine has more kitties.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I grew up with a pair of twins who were raised in a JW home. Fuckers always had perfect manners and they were smart and athletic and I think one is a lawyer and the other is a doctor now.

But I got Christmas presents and they didn't so it all balances out.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

There's always Cyber Monday which is apparently the internet's Black Friday.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Just gave my brother Watchmen to read.

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Drez. Satisfy my curiosity and tell me about your movie so I can snuggle up in bed and watch House while I drift off to sleep.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Well do you know in advance what parts are on sale?

There's a pretty good list at www.blackfriday.info/online

I'm trying to sort of match the ability of the machine listed in the OP of this thread.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
This discussion has been closed.