As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Building a computer on friday for $750 (plz help)

Macz0rMacz0r Registered User new member
edited November 2008 in Games and Technology
Moved to stupid technology tavern

please delete

Macz0r on

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    you'll probably get a better response if you post in the stupid technology tavern, but I'd say that you might want to consider a better PSU. There's nothing worse than getting a weak PSU that blows 6 months down the road and takes the video card with it. (well, other than taking the video card AND the CPU with it)

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Macz0r wrote: »
    Long time PA reader but this is my first post!!

My roommate wants me to build him a computer for $750. He already has a 120gig hd, mouse and keyboard but I need to get everything else. Here is what I am thinking any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dell 22" Widescreen: $199 (After Coupon)

Thanks in advance & Happy Thanksgiving

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=1035155 - Hanns G 21.6" monitor for $140 (or $116 as the link says if you buy a coupon off the linked site)

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Cut that CPU down to an E7200; you'll save forty bucks and it'll overclock just as high.

Get a 4870 instead of that GTXwhatever, or a 4850 if you really need to save money.

And what's with the RAM? Fatalonety? Seriously? Get 4GB of whatever's cheap; RAM is RAM.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    Macz0rMacz0r Registered User new member
    edited November 2008
    Thanks for the link to the monitor Staples.com is down right now but that is a great deal.

@Daedalus
    Wouldn't the step down from a E8400 to a E7200 be a pretty drastic speed loss for $40?
    And the Fatality ram is retarded I know but I never have to look at it and its OCZ which is a great brand and its 50% off.

Macz0r on
This discussion has been closed.