As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Learning Flash 2004 MX

Golden LegGolden Leg Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Do any of you guys have any great tutorial sites for a Flash beginner?

Thanks a lot.

Golden Leg on

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Is there a reason you're going with 2004 MX and not Flash 8?

Just curious.. they are basically the same in terms of interface.. but which version affects which book.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm curious about this as well. I'm a Computer Science grad student, so I can handle ANY programming task a Flash project might require. What is Flash capable of, and which version would a Flash veteran recommend?

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    There's no reason to not use Flash 8. Like any other design software, it does stuff it's predecessor does not... and unlike some notable versions of Photoshop, that stuff is actually useful on a project to project basis.

I'm wondering if hes using MX 2004 because that's the program he has, or if he thinks its the most recent one.

Jasconius on