As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phalla VIII/SignUps Closed/ Start Date Set

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    mtvcdm wrote:
    So while you're tipping your entire hand, what are your character's goals, so I may promptly thwart them.

I want the villagers to win.

Also I want to have sex with your sister.

....again.
    I have no sister. I don't know who that was, but I don't know her.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    mtvcdm wrote:
    mtvcdm wrote:
    So while you're tipping your entire hand, what are your character's goals, so I may promptly thwart them.

....again.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

...mmmmmmmmmmmm......

Musta been your mother.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    mtvcdm wrote:
    mtvcdm wrote:

....again.

...mmmmmmmmmmmm......

Musta been your mother.
    My mother is legal, so that rules her out.

In any case, enjoy your one day in the game before the gods off you for obvious reasons.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    mtvcdm wrote:
    mtvcdm wrote:
    mtvcdm wrote:

....again.

...mmmmmmmmmmmm......

Musta been your mother.
    My mother is legal, so that rules her out.

In any case, enjoy your one day in the game before the gods off you for obvious reasons.

Clearly you're my next target.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    But you've already used your power for the first day, before the game even started. You can't do anything to me until Day 2.

But by then you'll be dead. BWAHAHAHAHA!

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I asked Dyna, and he said I could use my power on myself for free.

Sucks to be you :(

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Hmm... that makes things interesting.

Clearly, my best option is to blame everything on, oh, say, precisionk.

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    mtvcdm wrote:

Clearly, my best option is to blame everything on, oh, say, Aroduc.

Fix'd.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    mtvcdm wrote:

Fix'd.
    You have a deal, sir. Aroduc it is.

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    You have to admit, that'd be a damn fun role to narrate.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    "Suddenly, Aroduc ripped off his clothes and announced not only his status as a villager in good standing, but also why he owns a magic game-playing device he refers to as the "seXbox".

The townsfolk believed his story about the device, but not his claim of villager status, and tore him limb from limb."

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    See Dynagrip? I'm giving you gold.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    mtvcdm wrote:

Fix'd.
    No, he was right. The Gods loathe precisionk.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Well, I kept telling precisionk "Don't use Hephestus' anvil to catch that road runner", but he just wouldn't listen.

Gosling on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So what, now certain board members borderline alcoholism is a tribute to the gods, rather than a somewhat worrying condition?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    I will now drop a hint about a game mechanic concept I'm tossing about. Just because you did not start out as a special does not mean you won't have a special ability later on, should the Gods see fit...

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    TheFallenLordTheFallenLord Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    I will now drop a hint about a game mechanic concept I'm tossing about. Just because you did not start out as a special does not mean you won't have a special ability later on, should the Gods see fit...

Skills skills, my special skill is...burrowing!?!?

[spoiler:c259860388]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKapnlWH8fw[/spoiler:c259860388]

TheFallenLord on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    The Dead of Phalla VIII should pay some attention for at least some time after they were silenced. The Ferryman of Styx does not cast off immediately...

inf_dore_08.016.jpeg

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2007
    I hope I wind up as some sort of non-evil special this time. I've been a vanilla villager and a monster, and trying something new is always fun.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    ElJeffe wrote:
    I hope I wind up as some sort of non-evil special this time. I've been a vanilla villager and a monster, and trying something new is always fun.
    ElJeffe, everybody is special in their own way.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    SkyGheNeSkyGheNe Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    yay im game

SkyGheNe on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    ElJeffe, everybody is special in their own way.

But when everybody is special, than nobody will be!

a8431i2_Incredibles2_185x149_w.jpg

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    This will not be like that.

There will be a fair number of specials, but even normal villagers have a role. I was in Rishiri and I raised all sorts of hell. I had no power other than uh, well, being loco.

Rishiri was awesome.

I may be doing much of this art, I mentioned it previously, but man, I'm feeling it. I can't stop drawing during stupid meetings and stuff. Ok, we only have a couple of days. I'll probably just retitle this thread for sign-ups when they start on Athena's Birthday...

There is one back up narrator at the moment, I'm not sure if he'll be needed, but it is possible that like, I get a life at some point and have trouble making a post, shouldn't be an issue considering the speed of my writing.

Oh, I will be generous, let's discuss optimal vote close time. I'm thinking 8 or 9 CST. The last couple of hours are the best for all involved as far as intensity. In deference to Shinto I am willing to go as low as 7 CST.

I'm "working" from 6-7 am to 4 to 5 pm most days.

Discuss!

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    CST is one hour less than EST right?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Malkor wrote:
    CST is one hour less than EST right?

I always get mountain and central mixed up.

Lookup says... yes.

Smasher on
  • Options
    TheFallenLordTheFallenLord Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Oh, I will be generous, let's discuss optimal vote close time. I'm thinking 8 or 9 CST. The last couple of hours are the best for all involved as far as intensity. In deference to Shinto I am willing to go as low as 7 CST.

Discuss!

The 7-9 pm CST is a bad block for me, but I can always just get my vote in early. 10pm CST would be ideal for me, but I understand thats getting pretty late for some folk in the East.

TheFallenLord on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:

Discuss!

The 7-9 pm CST is a bad block for me, but I can always just get my vote in early. 10pm CST would be ideal for me, but I understand thats getting pretty late for some folk in the East.
    That's late for me considering I'm waking up at 5 am or so lately.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    I don't care when it closes, since I'm not narrating.

So long as everyone understands that I don't disappear around 9:00 EST for any guilty reasons, but rather that I have to get up at 5:00 in the morning for work.

Shinto on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Shinto wrote:

So long as everyone understands that I don't disappear around 9:00 EST for any guilty reasons, but rather that I have to get up at 5:00 in the morning for work.
    I am now leaning towards 8 or 9 CST.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Ardor wrote:
    I'm just trying to offer up suggestions that I think might make the game more interesting and fun for all.
    I said it before, but you get out of these games what you put into it. I was just a simple villager in Rishiri desperate to protect my loved ones.

I uh, didn't quite succeed.

Curse you, VishNub!

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    The council idea in Rishiri didn't quite come off, but the point was to set up a special position to which any villager could aspire.

The idea had some kinks.

Shinto on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Shinto wrote:

That's 6 or 7 for me, which is all good. Though as Shinto said, probably doesn't matter too much for those not narrating, except for those who may have to make last-minute changes on who to kill/see/have relations with/whatever powers we get.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Shinto wrote:
    The council idea in Rishiri didn't quite come off, but the point was to set up a special position to which any villager could aspire.

The idea had some kinks.

I thought it was great.

Mostly because it allowed me to save my own ass that one time.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Shinto wrote:

The idea had some kinks.
    It was the narration and the setting that set Rishiri apart for me. It's possible that the Lovecraftian one was as good, but the evil monsters always eat me.

I'm harmless, you jerkface fiends from beyond the dark abyss!

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Shinto wrote:

The idea had some kinks.

I thought it was great.

Mostly because it allowed me to save my own ass that one time.

I liked it too. Having official village leaders was fun, especially when I was one of them.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Shinto wrote:

The idea had some kinks.
    It was the narration and the setting that set Rishiri apart for me. It's possible that the Lovecraftian one was as good, but the evil monsters always eat me.

I'm harmless, you jerkface fiends from beyond the dark abyss!

Tell me about it.

The only time I've ever been a villager I was killed the first day, before I even knew the game had started.

Actually, I might have been a special or something that time. I didn't pay to much attention since I was dead.

Shinto on
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Shinto wrote:

That's 6 or 7 for me, which is all good. Though as Shinto said, probably doesn't matter too much for those not narrating, except for those who may have to make last-minute changes on who to kill/see/have relations with/whatever powers we get.
    given the whole Greek gods thing, I think this part is pretty much inevitable

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I wish I had my camera. I even sketched up some Phallans? Phallicians? playing their favorite sport.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Shinto wrote:

9 CST is perfect for me, but do whatever.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    The later the better, for me.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png