As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Please help me identify these N64 games!

ZilartZilart Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Games and Technology
Hey guys!

I just won an auction with one N64 with 3 controllers, and some games which I'm not sure I can pick out (that it had games were just a bonus, really). I see Goldeneye in there, Quake 2, Blast Corps, Zelda, Rayman 2, Fifa (?), but what are the other ones? I know this is kind of a weak thing to post about, but I'm really curious, so a mod can feel free to lock this down when I get answers. :P

I really appreciate any help you can give. Here's the photo;

0da9_1.JPG

edit: I'd much rather post this in the ol' N64 thread that was around some month ago, but I can't seem to find it. Could anyone provide me with a link?

Also, is it possible to mod a UK console like this(http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/n64/usmodification.html Buying games from the US is much cheaper, and if I can just remove a dust guard to mod it, then I'll probably do that.

Zilart on

• Options
    VicissitudeVicissitude Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The one on the bottom right is Top Gear Overdrive.

Vicissitude on
  • Options
    Uncle_BalsamicUncle_Balsamic Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Looks like Ocarina of Time is two above Goldeneye.

Uncle_Balsamic on
    2LmjIWB.png
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Zilart wrote: »
    Hey guys!

I just won an auction with one N64 with 3 controllers, and some games which I'm not sure I can pick out (that it had games were just a bonus, really). I see Goldeneye in there, Quake 2, Blast Corps, Zelda, Rayman 2, Fifa (?), but what are the other ones? I know this is kind of a weak thing to post about, but I'm really curious, so a mod can feel free to lock this down when I get answers. :P

I really appreciate any help you can give. Here's the photo;

0da9_1.JPG

edit: I'd much rather post this in the ol' N64 thread that was around some month ago, but I can't seem to find it. Could anyone provide me with a link?

Also, is it possible to mod a UK console like this(http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/n64/usmodification.html)? Buying games from the US is much cheaper, and if I can just remove a dust guard to mod it, then I'll probably do that.

Top Gear Overdrive
    Looks like a soccer game
    Quake II
    Blast Corp
    Castlevania 64
    Clayfighter 63 1/3rd
    Rayman 2
    Goldeneye

Not sure of the other 4.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Some damn good games there

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Above Ocarina of Time is South Park. At least I think I'm seeing the heads and toques of the boys on there.

Two below Rayman 2 is Waialae Country Club.

No idea on the one above Quake 2. I'm guessing the one beside Top Gear is one of the International Superstar Soccer games, but I really don't know.

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Sweet, thanks for the help guys. I think I've almost got them all, but I'm not sure about Castlevania 64. Anywho, does anyone know anything about modding the 64? I'll be getting a PAL console, and I'd love to be able to play NTSC games. :)

Zilart on
  • Options
    Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    N64 has no region locking that I'm aware of. You can make the N64 play any game as long as you can fit it into the 64. They make a sort of empty cart attachment that fits in and you can plug any game into that. Sort of like a gameshark sans any codes I believe. Or you could mod the top plastic bits of the 64 itself.

Dunno what was in your link, I get a 404.

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    N64 has no region locking that I'm aware of. You can make the N64 play any game as long as you can fit it into the 64. They make a sort of empty cart attachment that fits in and you can plug any game into that. Sort of like a gameshark sans any codes I believe. Or you could mod the top plastic bits of the 64 itself.

Dunno what was in your link, I get a 404.

I think you can also go the SNES route with the American N64: Cut off the two little tabs in the cartridge slot. Then, your japanese games will fit without needing to buy anything extra.

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I fixed the link, now you should see how it's done. As far as I understand, all you need to do is open up the console, and take out a grey dust guard to make any time of game fit into the box? That IGN guide is for US consoles, will it work for PAL consoles too?

Zilart on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ah memories, the N64.. I fondly remember it, how much I wanted one but at the time Nintendo priced themselves out of the competition (at least in the UK) by pricing it way above the Playstation. The prices of the games themselves was pure unadulterated extortion.

Hopefully we'll never see cartridges again (at least for non-portable consoles), but that said there are now 32GB portable flash drives so I wouldn't say it's outside the realm of possibility.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    arod_77 wrote: »
    Some damn good games there

Oh yeah, bring in Space Station Silacon Valley, and Rocket:Robo bugaloo, and you have about my whole N64 collection.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    VulpineVulpine Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The game in between Quake II and Top Gear Overdrive looks like Premier Manager 64.

Vulpine on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The top one of the left looks like Micro Machines 64. Awesome game, and easily the best one in the series.

FreddyD on