As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Good Dead Pixel Return Policies

MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
Looking for online stores with liberal Dead Pixel return policies on LCD's. I know of NCIX.com already, but one of the LCD's I'm considering isn't carried by them.

Metallikat on

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Brick and Mortar stores are usually the best bet if you want to be able to return a product for any reason. Honestly, I have bought 5 LCS monitors (1 was in a laptop) and just 1 had a dead pixel.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I live in a computer hardware wasteland, with no real dealers any distance away that would make online purchasing not a better option.

Metallikat on
  • Options
    JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Samsung has a great manufacturer warranty on its larger LCDs. Any dead pixels and they do an onsite replacement. Dell has a pretty good policy as well.

JohnDoe on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I was looking at a Samsung 2253BW but then I saw how many cases of medium to bad backlight bleeding problems were being reported. The LG L227WTG-PF is my preferred choice. Good reviews with no real reports of bad backlight problems and a good picture (as well as being fast enough for games).

Metallikat on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If you want a Samsung, the 225BW is a very good one. It's fast enough for good gaming, widescreen, and in my model at least, I've not seen any errors

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    dell.

lifetime zero dead pixel coverage on ultrasharp line

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    Deusfaux wrote: »