As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A [chat] Like Gideon Brown

1323334353638»

• frank as fuckfrank as fuck __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    Playing through Fable II a second time would be a lot more fun if I didn't have to worry about the same dig spots all over again.

Or if the game changed much between alignments and didn't force you into being a skills generalist. I stopped about ... 60% through my second playthrough.

frank as fuck on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Damn Canadians.

You mean fuck Canadians don't you?

:winky:

James on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The game does not force you to be a skills generalist.

I literally played through the game without touching anything but will and MAYBE a point into toughness.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I literally played through the game without touching anything but will and MAYBE a point into toughness.
    This is my intention. Will stuff + Toughness.

Quid on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Holy fucking shit, someone shoot me. I tell my father that I have to do schoolwork and he says he's going to go to bed. He ends up staying in the room and now he's having a one-sided conversation with me about anything he can think about. Fucking always does this.

Sarksus on
    edited November 2008
    Arg.

Just let me restart with all my money and let me kill the dog.

Quid on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    FUCK YOU QUID

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited November 2008

How'd you beat the Trolls?

I felt pretty soundly pushed down the path of levelling everything up, especially since exp was so easy to come by.

frank as fuck on
    edited November 2008
    Are you saying that when I finally play Fable II I should just put everything into will and toughness?

James on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    Pietà, 1499.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Holy fucking shit, someone shoot me. I tell my father that I have to do schoolwork and he says he's going to go to bed. He ends up staying in the room and now he's having a one-sided conversation with me about anything he can think about. Fucking always does this.

Grab a book and walk out of the room to go sit in the family room where you start reading.

moniker on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What did I miss

TL DR on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I don't have any thread ideas anyway

TL DR on
    edited November 2008
    [chat]s go by quickly nowadays.

James on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I shall get it!

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited November 2008
    James wrote: »
    Are you saying that when I finally play Fable II I should just put everything into will and toughness?
    I maxed out skill the first time around with points in toughness, brutal styles, and time control.

@Frank: My very first character I used spells to take down the troll.

Quid on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Richy wrote: »
    I shall get it!
    No you won't!

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited November 2008
    I don't have any thread ideas anyway

I don't either.

Kind of want it anyway, though.

James on
    edited November 2008
    For some reason I could never get spells to hit the nerve endings on trolls.

frank as fuck on
    edited November 2008
    Aw shit.

Quid on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What did I miss

You missed Buisness time.

Buisness time is closed.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Waaaaaaaaitaminute. My camwhore sense is tingling. Did I miss some?

Sami on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    moniker wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »

Grab a book and walk out of the room to go sit in the family room where you start reading.

My father's apartment is small, it's just the one living area.

Sarksus on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    20040116h.gif
    Tycho wrote:
    Apparently someone said a bad word. Someone did not think of the children, as we are often exhorted to do because they are defenseless human larvae. For our part, we have no authority to discuss coarse language as a social ill. It has been so long since we could genuinely discern profanity from the mass of other words we employ that we're the last people you should ask whether or not a particular word will plant a demon seed in our young.

It's pretty sick, I know, but outside of the odd bit of Call of Duty with the clan all I've been playing is Zuma. I don't even mean that as a recommendation, I'm trying to repent. That's not hardcore. If I was into Gunbound or something, you know, riding around a triceratops, that's got some credentials. You can sort of flex the edgy gamer thing there. But Zuma, I mean... Zuma. It's not something you'd want to bring up at a LAN.

We're working on fully three full-page comic projects at he moment - Painkiller (which Gabe mentioned) has somehow turned out all reverent and biblical, which are words I do not usually associate with the things I write. My cohort has something of an angel fixation, which his handle makes clear, but despite what you might have heard angels don't really lend themselves to humor regarding the game industry. He's taking full advantage of this outlet, producing work of a stupefying sort which further attempts to describe would mar.

The other two projects, I don't even know if I get to say what they are. One of them takes place on an island and the other takes place largely in the dark. I'm not trying to tease you with that data, and by the end of the month they'll both be starting up so it won't matter much.

I finally bit the bullet last night and bought some cards for Star Chamber, hopefully it will shoehorn me off that accursed Zuma. Similar to Magic Online, opening up a virtual "pack" of cards is accompanied by the sound of foil tearing, an audible cue which vibrates on some geek frequency that electrifies the entire surface of my body. I could certainly open every pack simultaneously, I have that option, it says so - but I open them individually, because every time I hear that sound my back arches and I have to grip my armrests so I don't fire off into space. I'll cook up a few decks tomorrow probably, maybe hop online and sample the human competition.

Oh, and don't forget the Van Helsing trailer. My take? Largely inoffensive!

(CW)TB out.

ship it to triple x and set it to awesome

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.