As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Alien vs Sexual Predator

• CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    i don't even know you

go back to your shadows, lurker

you people freak me out

But, Pony, please tell us your stories

we are just sitting here waiting for you to type things, Pony

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    how do you guys feel about ellen page

Urian on
  • ChomplinChomplin Not 100% a dick Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Haha I'm kidding.

But they are funny.

Now I'll go.

Chomplin on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    sometimes I think that I'll eventually become a prolific enough poster that I get a cult following of lurkers

then I'll feel validated

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Urian wrote: »
    how do you guys feel about ellen page

In what respect?

Seriously on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So guys I'm about to pass out drunkenly.

So let me leave you with this piece of advice:

Automatically having high school girls being attracted to you is the lamest thing in this world.

Khavall on
  • Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So, due to my location, our "theater" (shitty canvas screen inside the museum) only gets one "new" (month old or so) movie each weekend.

I haven't seen the new Bond film yet because the theater manager is a huge fan of Twilight and refuses to play it until she can play Twilight first.

This is the same chain of events which caused about three months delay between the Dark Knight coming out and my viewing thereof. In that case it was Alvin and the Chipmunks that took precedence.

Uncle Long on
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Khavall wrote: »

Automatically having high school girls being attracted to you is the lamest thing in this world.

Unless you're in high school.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Uncle Long wrote: »
    So, due to my location, our "theater" (shitty canvas screen inside the museum) only gets one "new" (month old or so) movie each weekend.

I haven't seen the new Bond film yet because the theater manager is a huge fan of Twilight and refuses to play it until she can play Twilight first.

This is the same chain of events which caused about three months delay between the Dark Knight coming out and my viewing thereof. In that case it was Alvin and the Chipmunks that took precedence.

You live in the most terrible place.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    i don't even know you

go back to your shadows, lurker

you people freak me out
    pony shuttup and type your damn story, I want to hear about one of these people belittled and I don't care who did it.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

man, what

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

edited November 2008
    McCly wrote: »

Unless you're in high school.

Yeah it was awesome in high school.

Khavall on
  • Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Goatmon wrote: »

man, what

The twist is that we work in the same office, not ten feet apart, and I have been giving far too serious consideration to setting her on fire.

Uncle Long on
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    so a friend of mine is writing a vampire novel

I just smiled and nodded during the whole conversation

I would die laughing if any of my friends said "oh, by the way, so I've started writing a vampire novel..."

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    he is so deadly serious too

power to him I guess

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
    edited November 2008
    he is so deadly serious too

power to him I guess

If by "power" you mean "punch to the face"

Khavall on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    alright so

couple months ago, breaking dawn comes out

it's the fourth book in the twilight series, and is supposed to be the big capstone to it. highly anticipated by the fans of the series, people getting really intense about it.

book store's doing a midnight release of it, of course, but that only services the really hardcore fans. everyone else is in buying the book during the day, which is when i am in the store looking for RPG books and whatnot.

so i am waiting in line with my copy of Star Wars: Starships of the Galaxy under my arm. by the way, if you play the Star Wars RPG it's actually a decent book.

of course the line is huuuuuuuuge and dense with girls approximately 12-16 years of age with their copies. also every few girls there is a regular customer with other books, or a girl with the book who also has her mom or, god help him, her father there with her.

ahead of me in line is another dude, who looks like he's about 20ish. white dude, skinny as rails, brown straight mop of hair on his head. wears him a white oxford shirt, and a black leather jacket. black jeans, too.

dude is kind of glancing around absently in line, looking at the other folk in line, etc. something everyone does. something i am doing, obviously!

dude looks at me, gives a sidelong glance at my book, and gives a curious "hm"

i take that for the look of a fan of star wars and/or RPGs, and hold the book to the side for a better view, so he can see the cover. maybe the fellow wants to converse about star wars and/or RPGs? i'm bored and it would certainly be more interesting, i figure!

he just sorta nods knowingly, and goes back to looking forward without initiating conversation. i take a better look under his arm: he's got a copy of breaking dawn.

now, i don't immediately assume this guy is buying it for himself. perhaps he's buying it for his sister or, god help him, his girlfriend and he doesn't want to initiate conversation because he's embarassed.

so i, trying to break the awkwardness, say "heh, pretty sad book, eh?"

meaning "man this book and all these people are pretty pathetic, eh my fellow dude in line?"

but he takes it to mean something else and just sighs and says "well i haven't really read it yet, i glanced at it a bit. but the third one just had me wrecked by the end of it so i dunno." and he shrugs

i am dumbstruck and left awkwardly paused, as this was not the reaction i had anticipated at all!

so i kind of say "ah" in a faux knowing way and try to not continue speaking to this sad excuse for a man.

the pair of girls who are in front of this dude suddenly perk up. they look like they are like 14 years old, tops. they look back at us and are like "oh, you're getting it too?" all excited.

he tries his best to smirk all coy, which looks hilarious coming from this tiny mousy-haired slip of a man, and replies "oh, yeah. i mean i'm not crazy obsessed with them or anything but i think they are cool, y'know? i wasn't at the midnight release or anything."

the two girls look back at me since they saw us talking and assume i'm his friend or something and ask "are you getting it too?"

i shake my head while smiling and dude cuts in with "naw, he's buying some dorky star wars book" with this smug tone, and adds "i don't know him" in a sort of quiet tone like he thinks i didn't hear.

well, you douchebag. man i don't even know you! look at this guy! he's trying to throw me under the bus in order to look cocky in front of a couple of girls who have only recently started growing pubes. i'm insulted! i won't be part of your game, mister!

so i say "okay, whatever Chris, keep talking like that and i'm not giving you a ride home"

now it's his turn to be stunned! he stammers, and is like "my... my name's not Chris!"

so i say "Oh, I'm sorry, I mean Edward." and i wave my hands all showy-like "I know when you put on the leather jacket it means you're in character!"

oh my god

he turns so bright red

these girls just start giggling in that cold way that cuts like a lance into a 14 year old boy

or into an emotionally stunted 20 year old, it seems

he says through gritted teeth "my name isn't chris, and i don't know you, so fuck off"

and i chuckle and put my hands up apologetically, and say "dude, already said I'm sorry! you can just ignore me, I'll look at my dorky Star Wars book and you can talk to the girls, Edward."

he lets out a huff, steps out of line, puts the book on a random shelf-top and just walks out of the store.

as he's walking away i call out "dude, are you gonna walk back to your mom's? if you wait like ten minutes i can give you a ride!"

the girls say to me "whoa, he's so emotional!"

i confess to them that i don't know the guy and i was being a prick to him because i think he's a pathetic loser who was trying to flirt with a couple of 14 year olds.

they get all "ewwwwww we just wanted to talk to him about the book we didn't think he was hot or anything ewwwwwww"

they went back to chittering about their lame vampire novel and i looked at starship deckplans

did you know the book has deckplans for both the Millenium Falcon and the YT-1300 stock freighter?

pretty handy, you can see what han did to make it custom

Pony on
    edited November 2008
    so a friend of mine is writing a vampire novel

I just smiled and nodded during the whole conversation

I would die laughing if any of my friends said "oh, by the way, so I've started writing a vampire novel..."

"But wait! This one is different..."

"They need garlic to survive"

Seriously on
  • VorusVorus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    pony that is a good story

Vorus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    Man, the "ah" to divert the subject is the greatest noncomittal expression ever.

Khavall on
    edited November 2008
    Ahahahahahahahahahaha

Man, I can't believe you were shy to tell that story, it is just too good.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I always wanted to fly a yt-1300 in swg but like, it cost too much even when money was stupid easy to get. sure you could get 10 million a day just through quests, but the ship cost like a trillion

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
    edited November 2008
    Man, the "ah" to divert the subject is the greatest noncomittal expression ever.

it is my default "i'm not sure what to say or how to react" response

if used in a game of poker it would constitute a tell

Pony on
    edited November 2008
    Combine it with the "right" with the head nod-twitch and you're a juggernaut of conversation.

Khavall on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    pony i love you

Faricazy on
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ahahaha, that's awesome Pony, what other ship plans does the book have?

George Fornby Grill on
    edited November 2008
    Combine it with the "right" with the head nod-twitch and you're a juggernaut of conversation.
    or the "raise both eyebrows and tense the lower lip while very slowly nodding"

that is my standard "ooh.....you're retarded...:(" look

Faricazy on
    edited November 2008
    Ahahaha, that's awesome Pony, what other ship plans does the book have?

not that many, sadly

the slave I, the ebon hawk from KotOR, the gthroc 720 (which is a pretty cool ship), couple others i am forgetting

really it's more valuable for ship stats and a pretty rad ship creation rules system so you can make your own ship from scratch

and this cool starship maneuvers system that works kinda like force powers but for dudes who are bad-ass pilots

Pony on
    edited November 2008
    Faricazy wrote: »

That is only reserved for the fat ugly sluts.

There's also the "Right, no, totally" with the hands in pockets to show vulnerability.

Khavall on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man, there some x-wing game on PC a few years ago that had a separate CD for all this information on the various ships that you could read while it showed a hologram of the ship that you could move around, and I'm pretty sure I read every ship's description in that.

L|ama on
  • VorusVorus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Faricazy wrote: »

what about the closed-mouth-laugh-to-self and nod?

nothing says feigning interest like the good old closed-mouth-laugh-to-self and nod

Vorus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    I would love to have a giant cross-section of a Corellian Corvette on my wall, I should look around for one for someone to get me on Christmas.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
    edited November 2008
    sometimes i do the ":| really?" if i think the person can be salvaged

Faricazy on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    pony I want that book, I only have the one with the blowouts of the Falcon, I'd enjoy seeing a stock YT.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Holy crap.

Meticulous MS Paint deckplans of many, many ships.

And there's a changing bible verse at the top of every page?

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Huh

but does it indicate how the pilot's seat in Slave I is on gimbals?

EDIT: IT DOES NOT

FAILURE

Seriously on
    edited November 2008
    oh ssshhhiiii-

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
    edited November 2008
    i have issues with those deckplans

mostly that they are useless for RPGs

Pony on
    edited November 2008
    I am not sure why they are drawn

It says they are for RPGS on the main page, but without altering them they seem to be useless

And they make my eyes bleed because it is MS Paint.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
    edited November 2008
    the colors are also so fucking garish

the guy chose green for all the inner workings of a ship

couldn't he have chosen, i don't know

grey?

Pony on