As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Previews O' Plenty

• FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bloods End wrote:
    I can't stop staring at Raven's ass.

It's hypnotizing.

At first I thought it was just me, "Man I cannot stop looking at it, I want to comment on it but then people will think I'm a pervert!". Then I realized this is the PA forums. Oh and noticing other people were hypnotized helped too.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    I kind of want to pick up BB again because I have the money right now, but I don't know if I'll have it a month from now

Man, I really don't know how to feel about the book. It had a pretty atrocious start with all the "Posse" stuff, the plot jumps all over the place, the pacing isn't so good, Jaime's just not a very interesting, fleshed out character for a protagonist, at it's best it really just reminds me of a pale imitator of Firebreather or Invincible, and I sort of want the character to fail spectacularly just so that he could get swept under the rug and Ted could be brought back with less hassle.

But it is a Blue Beetle book, it's got pretty well written dialogue and supporting characters, the art is typically pretty great, and I think it has a terrific amount of potential, if the book can just stay alive long enough to get into the meat of the story. Also, now that it's selling in the low 20k range, I kind of feel compelled to buy it just to support the underdog.

Munch on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Munch wrote:
    Well it's good to see that the old tradition of two heroes fighting and then teaming up is still going strong in Blue Beetle. Also, Metron. I love Metron. Mostly because of his eyebrows.

"You... You don't want to see what's beyond the source wall?"

Dex Dynamo on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bloods End wrote:
    I can't stop staring at Raven's ass.

It's hypnotizing.
    Because it is physically impossible and emphasizes the womb.

That's why I just fapped to it. Sweet!

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Textless preview of Punisher War Journal #4 is up. Take an early look at this special funeral issue and see who comes, who goes and who gets a bottle of beer cracked over his head.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=99522

Owenashi on
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Owenashi wrote:
    Textless preview of Punisher War Journal #4 is up. Take an early look at this special funeral issue and see who comes, who goes and who gets a bottle of beer cracked over his head.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=99522

Ok. When did Spidey get to be that buff?

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The Other. It's a catchall given that no-one remembers exactly what did happen to him then.

Wildcat on
    edited January 2007
    Wildcat wrote:
    The Other. It's a catchall given that no-one remembers exactly what did happen to him then.

Except he hasn't looked like that during Civil War. I'm wondering if it's Frank in that costume.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Briareos wrote:
    Wildcat wrote:

Except he hasn't looked like that during Civil War. I'm wondering if it's Frank in that costume.
    :lol:

robosagogo on
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, I was in fact just joking around.

Wildcat on
    edited January 2007
    Wildcat wrote:
    Joke travels through the atmosphere here.

My head is located here.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Preview of New Avengers #27, courtesy of Newsarama. I should note that the person who posted the preview has a typo in the url of page 5. It really should be http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/newavengers/27/Pages_from_NEWAVN027_int0005.jpg

Needless to say, I'm quite excited about the new lineup and direction of the team.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited January 2007
    Oh shi- Is it going to be Matt in that armor?

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Briareos wrote:

Thats the indication I guess.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I doubt it.

deadonthestreet on
    edited January 2007
    Maybe it's Silver Samurai. I'm not sure who else would be fighting for control of the Japanese Underworld.

Probably not Deadpool....

robosagogo on
    edited January 2007
    robosagogo wrote:
    Maybe it's Silver Samurai. I'm not sure who else would be fighting for control of the Japanese Underworld.

Probably not Deadpool....

Well, Samurai-Ronin seems like a natural transition. Plus, he's one of the few sword wielding people I can think of.

Corvus on
    edited February 2007
    Corvus wrote:
    Briareos wrote:

Thats the indication I guess.

It doesn't quite fit with what's happening in his own book, but we have yet to see how he's going to fit himself into a post-Civil War world as the Daredevil of Hell's Kitchen.

Edit: Actually, as I think about it more, it does fit with his book. He might want to keep a low profile with the Daredevil persona, because everyone is going to be watching him pretty carefully now. Not to mention that he's got someone out there who really wants to kill him, and he might not want to have Daredevil be a public member of the New Avengers.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007
    Briareos wrote:
    Wildcat wrote:

My head is located here.
    I didn't say it was a good joke.

Sadly, I don't read Daredevil - as I understand it, Matt is back from Europe, yes?

Wildcat on
    edited February 2007
    Wildcat wrote:
    Briareos wrote:
    Wildcat wrote:

My head is located here.
    I didn't say it was a good joke.

Sadly, I don't read Daredevil - as I understand it, Matt is back from Europe, yes?

[spoiler:1ec0e8c83d]In the issue that just came out yesterday, Matt is back from Europe, all criminal charges against him have been dropped, a thick layer of doubt has been thrown over the public's knowledge of him as Daredevil, Foggy has returned, and Matt got the Kingpin out of prison. Basically, he is back to normal, but with some lasting character changes. And the Kingpin has promised to hunt him down and kill him.[/spoiler:1ec0e8c83d]

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007
    Shit, why the hell am I not reading Daredevil? I can't even explain that to myself, since I love Daredevil. :|

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited February 2007
    Because we can't get enough Civil War, a preview of the Turner variant for #7. Exciting, I know. :P

wwtMask on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    wwtMask wrote:
    Because we can't get enough Civil War, a preview of the Turner variant for #7. Exciting, I know. :P

Shit, look at the jawline on who I assume is Sentry, it comes to a damn right angle.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited February 2007
    Bad Karma wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:

Shit, look at the jawline on who I assume is Sentry, it comes to a damn right angle.

Supamans ripoff, amirite? :P

wwtMask on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Furu on
    edited February 2007
    Bad Karma wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:

That's the square jaw of justice, fella.

Wildcat on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    "Fra-I mean Spider-man kicked the door in, the warring villains actions seemed to slow to a crawl as they gazed upon the heroes form. It meant bad things when The Punis-Err Spider-man didn't sneak into. Very bad things."

The Muffin Man on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2007
    Previews for DC on Wednseday + Amazons Attack

The JSA preview is just "filler"
    Batman looks nuts. I didn't read it because it looks like something I'll want to take in fully.
    Amazons Attack looks like just another big event.

Garlic Bread on
    edited February 2007
    Y looks interesting, especially since I just realized we haven't really seen any kids aside from the babies and the young girl Yorick shot.

robosagogo on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2007
    Y and Fables and Jack of Fables piss me off because while the art isn't spectacular, it's not bad, but it looks awful because it's printed on newspaper

Garlic Bread on
  • headn00bheadn00b Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Y and Fables and Jack of Fables piss me off because while the art isn't spectacular, it's not bad, but it looks awful because it's printed on newspaper

I was starting to wonder if I was the only person this annoyed...

Batman looks fantastic, can't wait for that.

headn00b on
    Your sig was too tall.

-Thinatos
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Keith wrote:

Fables this month looked like ass.

Marathon on
    edited February 2007
    I didn't pick up this month's Fables. I think I'm going back to waiting for the trades for that one because

A) I can't afford it monthly

and

B) I find that book much more fun to read in trades

which is weird, because I find Jack of Fables to be terrific as a monthly book

Garlic Bread on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Runaways # 25 preview pages are up here.

Obviously, there are crazy huge spoilers for issue 24, so don't look if you don't wanna know what happens.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Fables as a trade is great because they are so well written that reading an arc all at once is enjoyable.

Jack has alot more humor written into it, probably why it's as good as it is in single issues. Plus way more hot illustrated nudity in Jack.

Marathon on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Blackjack wrote:

Obviously, there are crazy huge spoilers for issue 24, so don't look if you don't wanna know what happens.

Well, all my fears about the change in the creative team have pretty much been laid to rest. At least as far as the art and dialogue goes.

Munch on
    edited February 2007
    Blackjack wrote:

Awwrr...I thought 24 was the most recently released issue.

robosagogo on
    edited February 2007
    Was this preview for Avengers:The Initiative posted yet? I just came across it trying to google when Civil War:The Initiative comes out.

http://www.popcultureshock.com/index.php?p=40925

Corvus on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Time to get used to 'em as they are. Newsarama has a preview for the comic-book prequal of the Transformers movie coming out this year. Is there more to the concept then meets the eye?

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=100548

Owenashi on
    edited February 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Previews for DC on Wednseday + Amazons Attack

The JSA preview is just "filler"
    Batman looks nuts. I didn't read it because it looks like something I'll want to take in fully.
    Amazons Attack looks like just another big event.

I notice all those Amazons have two breasts. Aren't they supposed to cut one off to keep it from interfering with their bow strings? Or would that just make the absurdity completely over the top?

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.