As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Miniphalla] Phallthy Words - Game Over, End of the Profane

• The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hmm, well whatever. !Retract Darian

!Lawinator

The Dagon on
    Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    !TheLawinator, eh?

Wildcat on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    God you guys are so mean, stop voting for me.

I RING! HINT HINT

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    God you guys are so mean, stop voting for me.

I RING! HINT HINT

I think we all know what you are...its just people don't believe you D:

edit: sad part is I think you got the answer to the Clockman's question.

Egos on
    edited November 2008
    But that's so mean!

TheLawinator on
    edited November 2008
    I'll go with a tree on an off chance.

Egos on
    edited November 2008
    Wait, you guys are voting me out after seering Darian as bad?

I hate you guys. I hate you guys so much.

TheLawinator on
  • MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Just under one hour

Micro on
    edited November 2008

you poor magical communication device, you :cry:

Egos on
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Lawn is definitely evil

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2008
    Egos wrote: »

you poor magical communication device, you :cry:

Well, I don't really know what to say to this. People can be so cruel.

TheLawinator on
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    !Darian

Hmmm... sky

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
    edited November 2008
    The big seven words you weren't allowed to broadcast were: Shit, Piss, Fuck, Cunt, Cocksucker, Motherfucker and Tits.

TheLawinator on
    edited November 2008
    "I love words. I thank you for hearing my words. I want to tell you something about words that I uh, I think is important. I love..as I say, they're my work, they're my play, they're my passion. Words are all we have really.

We have thoughts, but thoughts are fluid. You know, [humming]. And, then we assign a word to a thought, [clicks tongue]. And we're stuck with that word for that thought. So be careful with words. I like to think, yeah, the same words that hurt can heal. It's a matter of how you pick them.

There are some people that aren't into all the words. There are some people who would have you not use certain words. Yeah, there are 400,000 words in the English language, and there are seven of them that you can't say on television. What a ratio that is. 399,993 to seven. They must really be bad. They'd have to be outrageous, to be separated from a group that large. All of you over here, you seven. Bad words. That's what they told us they were, remember? 'That's a bad word.' 'Awwww.' There are no bad words. Bad thoughts. Bad Intentions.

And words, you know the seven don't you? Shit, Piss, Fuck, Cunt, Cocksucker, Motherfucker, and Tits, huh? Those are the heavy seven. Those are the ones that will infect your soul, curve your spine and keep the country from winning the war.

Shit, Piss, Fuck, Cunt, Cocksucker, Motherfucker, and Tits, wow. Tits doesn't even belong on the list, you know. It's such a friendly sounding word. It sounds like a nickname. 'Hey, Tits, come here. Tits, meet Toots, Toots, Tits, Tits, Toots.' It sounds like a snack doesn't it? Yes, I know, it is, right. But I don't mean the sexist snack, I mean, New Nabisco Tits. The new Cheese Tits, and Corn Tits and Pizza Tits, Sesame Tits Onion Tits, Tater Tits, Yeah. Betcha can't eat just one. That's true I usually switch off . But I mean that word does not belong on the list.

Actually, none of the words belong on the list, but you can understand why some of them are there. I am not completely insensitive to people's feelings. You know, I can dig why some of those words got on the list...like cocksucker and motherfucker. Those are...those are heavy-weight words. There's a lot going on there, man. Besides the literal translation and the emotional feeling. They're just busy words. There's a lot of syllables to contend with. And those K's. Those are aggressive sounds, they jump out at you. CocksuckerMotherfuckerCocksucker. It's like an assault, on you. So I can dig that.

And we mentioned shit earlier, of course. Two of the other 4-letter Anglo-Saxon words are Piss and Cunt, which go together of course. But forget about that. A little accidental humor there. Piss and Cunt. The reason Piss and Cunt are on the list is that a long time ago certain ladies said 'Those are the two I am not going to say. I don't mind Fuck and Shit, but P and C are out. P and C are out.' Which led to such stupid sentences as 'OK, you fuckers, I am going to tinkle now.'

And of course the word Fuck. The word Fuck, I don't really...well, this is some more accidental humor, but I don't really want to get into that now. Because I think it takes too long. But I do mean that. I mean, I think the word fuck is an important word. It's the beginning of life, and, yet it's a word we use to hurt one other, quite often. And uh, people much wiser than I have said, I'd rather have my son watch a film with two people making love than two people trying to kill one other. And I of course agree. I wish I know who said it first, and I agree with that. But I would like to take it a step further. I would like to substitute the word fuck, for the word kill in all those movie cliches we grew up with. 'Okay Sheriff, we're gonna fuck ya now. But we're gonna fuck ya slow.' So maybe next year I'll have a whole fuckin' rap on that word. I hope so.

Uh, there are two-way words, but those are the seven you can never say on television. Under any circumstances you just can not say them ever, ever ever, not even clinically. You can not weave them in the panel with Doc and Ed and Johnny, I mean it's just impossible, forget those seven, they're out.

But, there are some two-way words. There are double-meaning words. Remember the ones your giggled at in sixth grade? 'And the cock crowed three times.''Hey, the cock the cock crowed three times. It's in the bible.' There are some Two-way words, like it's okay for Curt Gowdy [mis-spelled in original transcription. -ed.] to say 'Roberto Clemente has two balls on him.' But he can't say, 'I think he hurt his balls on that play Tony, don't you? He's holding them. He must have hurt them by God.' And the other two-way word that goes with that one is prick. It's okay if it happens to your finger. Yes, you can prick your finger, but don't finger your prick. No, no."

TheLawinator on
  • BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hmm, after all my talk yesterday of getting more involved now that I'm home I've managed to be pretty much completely uninformed tonight. Looks like there's a healthy bandwagon going on the !Law, so I guess I'm on board.

I'm going to be at least a little bit responsible, though, and abstain from guessing a magic word.

[Edit] - heh, going down in a blaze of Carlin.

Bitstream on
    edited November 2008
    And uh, people much wiser than I have said, I'd rather have my son watch a film with two people making love than two people trying to kill one other. And I of course agree. I wish I know who said it first, and I agree with that.

Am I the only one who would prefer the later?

..I would feel really awkward walking in on my son watching some hot love making as opposed to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.....

But maybe thats just me and I don't understand what true father/son bonding is o_O :|

Egos on
    edited December 2008
    grats Law, there really is no better way to go out.

The Dagon on
    edited December 2008
    Vote close

Micro on
    edited December 2008
    Day 5 Close

Well then, firstly not one of you got my word. This will be expanded on further in the Day 6 Narration.

The words had got together, they had voted. Overwhelmingly they'd voted for The Lawninator.

Today, with the vote winner, the words were burning back issues of Readers' Digest. No one would miss it if it was gone, and they needed kindling.

And as he burned, they felt sold out. For as the outer layers burned, they saw they could no longer make long distance calls. Telephone was gone forever.

Darian had escaped the vote. He felt lucky. It had been a close shave, Mr D had called him out to the world, stating that he was in fact a naughty word, but he'd managed to side step that by shifting the blame on to someone else. Someone else who had proved innocent.

And then the wite-out came. Globules of it. Like the coming of the Lord.

And soon, Darian, and the word BITCH, were gone forever.

The_Lawninator - Telephone, a goodly word, voted out
    Darian - Bitch, wited-out

Micro on
    edited December 2008
    Day 6

So, yesterday, you failed to get my word. I'm not surprised, it was a tricky word to find.

You can keep guessing today, and here's a couple of clues:

It begins with C
    It's a kind of ship

I've made it easier for you, so here's the catch - I will announce who gets it in the thread, as soon as I see it, and they must submit their TWO vig orders, live, on the thread - NOT via pm. Their first submission is the only one that counts. Once posted, it can not be changed.

Guesses in CYAN

Votes, Retractions: GO!

Micro on
    edited December 2008
    Day 5 Narration (CONTINUED)

The words were getting worried. The Lawninator had been burning for hours. Normally words just disappeared into the ether. Why wouldn't telephone burn properly?

And then they saw why.

Telephone peeled away, and there, revealed, was CUNT.

Turns out that cunt was pretty ingrained into the psyche of the world, and took a little bit of extra burning.

The Lawninator, cunt - a VERY bad word, was voted out

Micro on
    edited December 2008
    Cruiser?

do we only get one guess?

Egos on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    it says first submission is the only one that counts.

M.D. on
    edited December 2008
    it says first submission is the only one that counts.

ah I thought he meant for the vig kill..you sure he doesnt?

Or does he mean both?

Egos on
    edited December 2008
    oh, well then you're probably right.

M.D. on
  • BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Whoa, ok...

I'll be interested to see the mechanics of that bit later.

Bitstream on
    edited December 2008
    Everyone gets one submission, which can not be changed, to the mini-game. As soon as it is guessed I will announce, publicly, on the thread.

The person that wins then must PUBLICLY order two vigs. The first submission of these, also, can not be changed.

If the winner does not order vigs they, along with a random target, will be taken down.

Micro on
    edited December 2008
    bloody hell, just when I think I actually got it :I

Egos on
    edited December 2008
    !craft

M.D. on
  • ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !Cog

Arasaki on
    edited December 2008
    Carrier

The Dagon on
    edited December 2008
    (clarification - that second round 5 narration was just me fucking with you)

Sorry :P

Bedtime now

P.S. I can say and do what I like, I'm the king.

Micro on
    edited December 2008
    cog makes sense to match micors avatar, I went with craft due to his original can't be seered comment

M.D. on
    edited December 2008
    The can't be seered comment was so that whoever is the seer out there didn't waste an action trying to seer me! It wasn't a hint.

The only hints are those above.

Micro on
    edited December 2008
    yeah it does I was going to guess Clementine (space prob) if we got a second one, due to it being above us... but not sure if would technically be called a ship... *spaceship
    Micro wrote: »
    The can't be seered comment was so that whoever is the seer out there didn't waste an action trying to seer me! It wasn't a hint.

blimey, once again....I thought that was part of the puzzle also :(

Egos on
    edited December 2008
    well anyone correct so far?

M.D. on
    edited December 2008
    Nope, nothing right so far. Oh, one last hint before I sleep.

Think what this whole game is about

Micro on
    edited December 2008
    Also !abotkin final cuss word.

I kinda owe someone something though for not fully believing them.

My word is Dictionary, I collect words that is how I find out who you are. I don't think I deserve to win for the not believing them bit.

M.D. on
    edited December 2008
    boo for firsts only

M.D. on
    edited December 2008
    micro, you are the CORAL PRINCESS.

oh yeah and !abotkin

Egos on