As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mobile (mini-PHALLA) P Gundam - Zombies come... you die - Mafia Victory

TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or MissI Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
edited December 2008 in Critical Failures
(Snazzy logo to come soon)

Welcome to the 13th annual Gundam Phalla!

You are here to represent the governments of your respective colonies. The winner will determine which colony will preside over the planet Earth for the next four years. Regrettably, it has come to our attention that a secret organization may be plotting to wipe out humanity entirely, making their elimination slightly more important than just winning this awesome, although somewhat ridiculous competition. This phalla will be very non-standard, and although it will feature the typical Village vs. Small Mafia set-up, the voting system is being handled completely differently. This will be explained later, but please be aware of it, I'm hoping it'll be fun for everyone, and more appropriately captures the spirit of a giant robot fight. There will also be some light resurrection and conversion... notice the and, it means both will happen at the same time, and it will all happen at once.

This game will be divided into two sections, the "Survival 11" and then the "League Finals". You will be very clearly informed of when this change occurs, and updated on everything that means when it comes (mostly because I want to see how the revised voting system works, the current plan is to make the "League Finals" section revert back to normal phalla rules).

The vote will close at 11 EST, and hopefully I plan on being able to get narration up by midnight, with PMs out around that time. This will be a fairly large mini, but I'm hoping to have tons of deaths every night.

Voting:
The voting system in this game will be quite different, you do not merely select a person to die, but you elect many competitors to fight in the following days arranged battles. You will vote for one person in bold red similar to this: !TehSloth. Then a secret number of combatants will be selected from the top vote receivers, although it will be roughly 1/4 of the population rounded to the nearest even number, if for some any reason there must be an odd number, there will be a three-way fight arranged between the highest vote receivers. Ties will generally result in more competitors, and the only time it will be RNG's is if I have to pull in competitors with 0 votes because we have not reached the minimum amount of contenders. The battle system will be explained next, but here are a couple examples of what would happen in certain scenarios:
A) If all players had exactly one vote on them.... EVERYONE WOULD FIGHT. Three people would be RNG'd to fight in a three-way battle.

B) 35 players, and the vote is evenly split between 7 competitors. These 7 would battle, and one other person would have to get RNG'd to raise the number of fighters to 8, since it is the minimum.

C) 35 players: 10, 7, 4, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1. Everyone receiving votes would battle because the minimum is 8, and we would need to dip into the 1's. There would be a three-way bettle between the person with 10, the one with 7, and the one with 4.

D) 35 players: 10, 6, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1. All players with 2 or more votes would battle, this is exactly the minimum.

Battles:
Battles will take place the following day and the highest vote receivers will be paired with the lowest, a bracket will be posted. Everyone involved in a battle is still a fair target for votes and abilities. I'll be using a complicated system I devised for determining the winner, but know that competitors will take turns attempting to hit each other and dodge attacks, at fairly low odds for each. On top of that each competitor will receive a Morale Penalty based on how many votes they received which will reduce their chance to hit and dodge. Most Gundams have 3 health, and any surviving Gundams will be fully repaired at the end of the evening.

Skirmishing:
Don't worry, those who aren't competing can still have a little fun, this isn't the 13th annual Gundam Friendship & Politeness Competition after all. Anyone not competing in sanctioned battles can still square-off against the opponent of their choice. PM a target to TehSloth, and you will engage in one round of battle with that target, so know that chances are low that you'll even do any damage, lower that you'll eliminate anyone, but this will take place after sanctioned battles and before repairs, so it could be a vital coup de grace to the wounded competitor you just know has to be evil. Morale Penalties are not considered during these fights, and anyone opting not to skirmish will be on the defensive and receive a dodge bonus.

Please See Standard Phalla Rules For More Information

Players:
1 - Wildcat
2 - Micro
3 - Gumpy - Wardrobe Malfunction - Night 0
4 - The Dagon
5 - Maximus - Conta N'Doul, pilot of Zebra Gundam - Defeated in Honorable Combat
6 - Kime - Saette Gyuzelle, pilot of Gundam Scimitar - Sabotaged
7 - LonelyAhava - Chibodee Crocket, pilot of Gundam Maxter and future member of the Shuffle Alliance - Assassinated
8 - CrimsonCoyote - Assassinated - Night 0
9 - The_Reflection
10 - TheLawinator
11 - WilDPantA05 - Janet Smith, mechanic and member of the Chibodee Girls - Assassinated
12 - B:L - Marcelot Chronos, Pilot of Zeus Gundam - Sabotaged
13 - Thetheroo - Romario Monini, pilot of Jester Gundam - Rotten Tomatoed
14 - Sportzboyjtw - Argo Gulski, pilot of Bolt Gundam and soon to be Black Joker of Shuffle Alliance - Defeated in Honorable Combat
15 - Rainfall -- Replaced by Doxa
16 - Egos
17 - MagicMan - Kaure Ramses, pilot of Pharaoh Gundam - Just wasn't strong enough
18 - Ianator
19 - Vertroue - Rain Mikamura, pilot of Rising Gundam - Defeated
20 - Warban - Allenby Beardsley, pilot of Nobel Gundam (Berserker) - Assassinated
21 - Darian - Chandra Shijema, pilot of Cobra Gundam - Just wasn't strong enough
22 - FreeAgent - Hans Holger, pilot of Mermaid Gundam - Defeated
23 - abotkin
24 - OtakuD00D - Kill Harn, pilot of Temjin Gundam - Assassinated
25 - DarkPrimus - Rutger Verhoeven, pilot of Nether Gundam - Defeated in Honorable Combat
26 - Dac Vin - Shirley Lane, mechanic and member of the Chibodee Girls - Defeated in Honorable Combat
27 - Arachno Gundam - Died in transit to Earth due to Phalla Operator Error
28 - Xenogears of Bore
29 - VThornheart - Master Asia, Pilot of Kowloon Gundam and member of the Devil Gundam Corps - Skirmished
30 - Grundlterror
31 - Ergandar
32 - Orangesoda - Carlos Anadlusia, pilot of Matador Gundam - Just wasn't strong enough
33 - Kuhlemeye - George De Sand, pilot of Rose Gundam and future member of the Shuffle Alliance - Defeated
34 - Rebel_Blade
35 - Arasaki- Sai Salci, pilot of Dragon Gundam and future member of the Shuffle Alliance - Defeated

Sample Village Role PM:

You are...
moongundam.jpg
The Prettiest Princess, pilot of Moon Gundam and the representative from Neo Japan. Although you are there to win, you know the Devil Gundam Corps are a serious threat to the survival of all humanity.

Win Condition: Eliminate the Devil Gundam Corps. Winning the tournament for your government would be a plus.

Night 0
Night 1
Night 2
Night 3

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
twitch.tv/tehsloth
TehSloth on

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !Sign up, please!

Wildcat on
  • MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh dear God this looks brilliant

In other words

!SIGN UP

Micro on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !I am Gundam

Gumpy on
  • The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !Sign Up

Gimme a GODHAND!

The Dagon on
    Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Wait for it.....

Maximus on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !sign up!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !sign up

so damned bored....

lonelyahava on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    HAY GUISE

I'm back! wooo

!signup

crimsoncoyote on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

The_Reflection on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !Sign up

Looks like this will be rather interesting!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !sign up

WilDPanthA05 on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    [size=+3]WE ARE THE PRETTIEST GUNDAM PRINCESSES.[/size]

gundamsailormooncc9.jpg

In the name of the moon, I shall !SIGN UP

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Maximus wrote: »

Wait for it.....

The Theroo began the day like every other, rolling over and searching under his pillow for his hated enemy, Maximus Traitorous. He proceeded to tear apart his entire house searching for his arch-nemesis, leaving no nook unchecked and no cranny missed. He then kneeled down, tears streaming off his cheeks, and prayed to the Gods for Maximus Traitorous to die and for his torment to end.

Men wondered how it had began, how such good friends became such bitter enemies. Some would believe that it was The Theroo who threw the first blow, but the truth is that Maximus Traitorous began this accursed cycle. The Theroo had come to Maximus Traitorous in friendship, bearing an offering of peace and a beneficial alliance. However, the cunning Maximus Traitorous spit in his face and stabbed him the back. Broken and bleeding on the battleground of Phalla Royale, the Theroo swore revenge. He would not rest until he had run Maximus Traitorous out of these lands forever, he would not stop until he had his triumph, and woe to anything man or God who got in his way.

That day a feud was born, and such a mighty war it has been. Many have tried to stop it, and they have been broken and crushed upon the otherworldly hatred the two share. The struggle has been long and costly; neither side is able to rest for fear the other is watching. Many attempts had been made on their lives, and there would be many more before the feud was done. However, this day was different, this day it might end.

The Theroo stepped outside, though not before looking both ways to see if any hired assassins were waiting outside his door. Seeing none, he donned his top hat and monocle and proceeded to make his way to the village bar to see if he could procure any drinks to make his long vigil go sweeter and to forget the many bloody battles he had endured. As he walked the villagers scattered away from him, getting to close to the Theroo has a way of shortening ones lifespan, the assassins of Maximus Traitorous were everywhere and did not care about collateral damage. However, this relaxing jaunt was not to be. As the Theroo opened the door to the pub, a knife whistled by him, missing his monocle by mere centimeters. Reacting instinctively using the experience gained from many attempts on his life, he kicked over the nearest table and took cover behind it. Faster than the eye could see, he reached into his coat and drew out his twin pistols, the legendary weapons Epic and Reveal. Forged in fires of the great Mount Amarth under the watch of an Elder Cacodemon, the Theroo never went anywhere without them. The .357 Magnum Epic was said to be able to shoot fire and lightning from across a mile away and stop a wild rampaging Bandwagon dead in its tracks, all while looking incredibly stylish. It's twin, the howdah pistol Reveal, was not something to be trifled with, it could pierce the strongest of guards and kill the toughest of baddies. It was only loosed in the gravest of circumstances, though many have said that the Theroo used it far too often. However, he had to, danger was everywhere.

His weapons unleashed, he grabbed his pocket mirror and held it up over his head to take a look at the latest assassin, no doubt some hired gun way over his head. However, today was different. The Theroo gave an audible gasp when he saw that it was none other then his hated opponent, Maximus Traitorous. He had finally manned up and decided to finish this battle like real men. The Theroo gave a quick prayer in thanks that today it would finally be over, his long ordeal was finally at an end. He kicked back the table and started firing.

No man knows how long these Titans fought, the Theroo throwing fire and lighting and Maximus Traitorous giving back all that he took. The clash set the bar on fire with the violence of the blows, and the warriors spilled out onto the streets of the town. Thunder was heard for miles around, animals hid, and even the Gods themselves stopped their ceaseless games and watched. Every being knew that today history would be made, today would be the end of an era, today it would finally end, and no man, beast, or even God would get in the way of the fury of the two.

After days of struggle, the Theroo saw his chance, a small opening in Maximus Traitorous' defense. He drew his pistols together, lined up the shot, and whispered "It's Epic Reveal Time, you son of bitch." He pulled the trigger, and there was a blinding light and a thunderous boom. The shot that issued from those barrels had the power to unmake armies, to destroy Gods, and to rip the very fabric of reality itself powered by the hatred the two men felt towards each other. Maximus Traitorous saw the shot coming, and knew his time was at an end. Accepting his end like a true man, he closed his eyes and waited for the end.

However, it was not time just yet.

The world froze, and the combatants stood still. The Theroo could only watch with a hatred that could light a thousand stars as Maximus Traitorous was taken away from the battlefield. It seemed that their contest was not yet over, could not be over. There always needed to be a fight, a struggle, a battle between these tortured souls. Their hatred for each other was so deeply ingrained into the very fabric of reality itself that the cessation of the conflict would mean the end of the universe, so they must continue until end of all things. So if you ever come across the Theroo or Maximus Traitorous then run, run very far away, but pity these two men and their bitter, eternal wars.

In other words, !SIGN UP YOU SON OF A BITCH.
    Apologies for the quality, I wrote it in like 20 minutes. It really is shit but I wanted a more epic way of responding to Maximus. Blame Law, it was his idea. DON'T HURT MEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Thetheroo on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It was his idea.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited December 2008
    It was his idea.

You made me do it!

Thetheroo on
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm not sure if Roo's backstory is an action scene or a sex scene. !Sign up!

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Please don't kill me day 1 this time.

Rainfall on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    No dice Rainfall, No dice.

Egos on
  • MagicManMagicMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !sign up Looks like a BLAST!

MagicMan on
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !Sieg Zeon

Oh wait...

!Gundamu Fighto! Ready? GOOO!

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    yatta?

I am so going to poke B:L in the facemask.

Why?

because I can.

lonelyahava on
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !Sign me up!!

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
    edited December 2008
    Egos wrote: »

Seriously if I die day 1 in another phalla that I am interested in, I'm going to be angry.

Phallangry.

I really need to write up my Lego Phalla sometime soon.

Rainfall on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »

Seriously if I die day 1 in another phalla that I am interested in, I'm going to be angry.

Phallangry.

Well, technically there will be a day zero, and you will most definitely survive through that..... no promises afterwards, but hopefully being able to cast 2 votes will be some consolation.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !Signs ups

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited December 2008
    yatta?

Why?

because I can.

And then you'll join my Pretty Pretty Gundam harem?

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Phallangry.

bronson.png
    :mrgreen:
    I wont kill you at least

Egos on
    edited December 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    yatta?

Why?

because I can.

hmmm

A tempting offer, for certain. What will the benefits of this position be?

A girl can't be too careful these days.

lonelyahava on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Phallangry.

You know, you haven't died in the Shadowrun phalla, yet. Despite not doing anything at all since day 1.

I should !sign up for this so Law can start grudging me.

Darian on
    edited December 2008
    yatta?

Why?

because I can.

hmmm

Our Sisterhood will join one another in the righteous cause of suffrage to gain respect in this masculine-driven mecha world, before we're sent crying back to the kitchen and concert halls.

Plus we offer dental.

edited December 2008
    Darian wrote: »

Phallangry.

You know, you haven't died in the Shadowrun phalla, yet. Despite not doing anything at all since day 1.

I should !sign up for this so Law can start grudging me.

Seriously? I thought I was dead in Shadowrun. What the hell.

B:L, can I be Mercury Gundam?

Rainfall on
    edited December 2008
    yatta?

Why?

because I can.

hmmm

Our Sisterhood will join one another in the righteous cause of suffrage to gain respect in this masculine-driven mecha world, before we're sent crying back to the kitchen and concert halls.

Plus we offer dental.

So many possible jokes in mine that got ignored...

Ahwell.

I'll take you up on the deal, Sister. Mecha me

lonelyahava on
    edited December 2008
    Pretty Soldier Gundam Mercury, representin'!

Rainfall on
    edited December 2008
    Pretty Soldier Gundam Mercury, representin'!

You are looking pretty today, Mercury Gundam.

edited December 2008
    B:L, can I be Mercury Gundam?

You are looking pretty today, Mercury Gundam.

You are also looking pretty, Moon Gundam.

Rainfall on
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Remind me, again... who's the prettiest princess?

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited December 2008
    B:L, obviously. After all, Pretty Soldier Gundam Moon is the Moon Princess herself!

Rainfall on
    edited December 2008
    Pretties Soldier ummm

*looks at name tag*

Venus Gundam

Thing...

Reporting!

Wee!

lonelyahava on
    edited December 2008
    Pretties Soldier ummm

*looks at name tag*

Venus Gundam

Thing...

Reporting!

Wee!

Yay another Pretty Soldier Gundam!

Glad to have you here. Now let us plan the prettiest plans.

edited December 2008
    Is there a Pluto Gundam?

Thetheroo on