As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Miniphalla] Phallthy Words - Game Over, End of the Profane

• MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Abotkin, have two vigs.

Of course, in line with the rules - these must be made in public, in the thread - any time up to vote close. They CAN be guarded against.

The answer was of course: 'The Censor' - but Censorship is also fine.

Micro on
  • The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Abotkin, you cad. This promises to be quite interesting.

The Dagon on
    Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !The Dagon, following Mr. D's request.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
    edited December 2008
    Wait, what? Mr. D, why?

The Dagon on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Because you are converted.

Also I wonder if abotkin will kill me :3

M.D. on
    edited December 2008
    I guess it comes down to is it worth it, I mean I could be guarded. Who knows.

M.D. on
    edited December 2008
    What did I get converted into? When did I get converted? And why don't I know about it?

The Dagon on
    edited December 2008
    Well, you were outed day 2? It's day 5 or 4 or whatever. Most specials may have talked to you since you were indeed proven good.

The bad guys get conversions which turn your word into a curse word. If I were them I would have converted you simply because you'd have information I would want and like to control.

So, I am ruling that you are converted.

M.D. on
    edited December 2008
    So, since I was only contacted by you, the guard, and a vanillager, are you saying that you three are really the evil ones? I already told you everything I know, and you're going to hang me for it?

That's pretty shady.

The Dagon on
    edited December 2008
    well you aren't technically dying, you're just being placed into second. Hell if you all want put me into second. I kinda did something I am regretting so I don't mind dying or running that risk.

M.D. on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    No, I think what he's saying is that the bad guys have conversion capability instead of kills, and since:

(A) You were outed as good, but have no special abilities
    (B) Players with special abilities can't be converted
    (C) The bad guys would know that you may know the identity of several good guys potentially

The likelihood is high that you were converted.

I think it's a reasonable point.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited December 2008
    So it's because I know too much? Well, that sucks.

I just wonder, where did all this conversion nonsense come from? I don't remember anyone saying anything about that until just now. And who says I don't have special abilities? It's true that I don't, but how can you be sure?

Anyways, I was publicly outed as a good guy. I got in contact with two specials and a vanillager, all of which ARE STILL ALIVE. No one else has bothered to contact me, regardless of my public seering. And now I'm basically on death row, awaiting my execution. Could it be worse? Sure. Do I care? Nope.

The Dagon on
    edited December 2008
    Well, no one can be killed by the bad guys, they are converted. From what I learned specials are not able to be converted so of course we would all still be in tact this night.

Unless saying curse words gives them kills? Which would account for the extra white out attack last night.

So by that logic Abotkin will have 3 kills today if all those foul words gave him that boost.

But yes, you would be a prime conversion target in my opinion. I apologize if this seems wrong to you, and my offer still stands if you all want to vote me into second or what not.

M.D. on
    edited December 2008
    Why would we want to vote you into second? Even if you made a bad choice, you're still the seer/network head. I understand why you'd want to kill me, but killing you makes even less sense.

I'd rather get seered than vigged if at all possible, but it's all up to your decisions, Mr. D.

The Dagon on
    edited December 2008
    I don't mind seering you but abotkin is the last main curse word. I believe once he dies the village wins.

M.D. on
  • abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, my two kills will go to Mr. Defecation and Grundlterror.

Oh, and shit fuck damn bitch ass motherfucker cocksucker cock cunt tits.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
    edited December 2008
    I guessed that is what you would do, one of us is guarded so one of us will die. I'll let you know i'm the dead one and grundl is the alive one.

M.D. on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well you a did good job there, Mr. D. very good :mrgreen:

Egos on
    edited December 2008
    Okay, keep the vote on Abotkin.

Second place on the vote should be !The Dagon, just in case.

VThornheart on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    !abotkin

I knew it

I knew it right from Day 1!

Wildcat on
    edited December 2008
    abotkin wrote: »

Accepted with thanks

Micro on
    edited December 2008
    (and the clean words circled around abotkin, kicking and punching him into submission)

VThornheart on
    edited December 2008
    Micro wrote: »

Accepted with thanks

No no, thank you! :lol:

And to everyone: That bolded part of the quote doesn't do anything, I just like throwing it in there to freak people out thinking it makes me stronger. The game's over though at this point anyway, Mr. D hit it on the head, I'm the final "main" profanity and with me the game will end. :(

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2008
    Well I don't take credit for finding you and law. That is on someone else who I should have trusted a bit more but these games always make one paranoid.

M.D. on
    edited December 2008
    For the horde! =)

So... who was the other vig then?

If the bad guys were getting conversions, and wite-out was our vig, what was that second potential kill (the one that was guarded against)? It looked like a second wite-out kill, but I don't think that's possible given the information I have.

VThornheart on
  • SilvioSilvio Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just had a two day internet black out over the weekend. Aggravating.

Well, I come back and it looks like victory is almost ours, hm? Very good.

!Dagon
    for second. Mr. D makes a convincing argument.

Silvio on
  • MagicManMagicMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

At least he is going out guns a blazin. So wait, people are being converted and not killed?!? My head hurts.

MagicMan on
    edited December 2008
    MagicMan wrote: »

At least he is going out guns a blazin. So wait, people are being converted and not killed?!? My head hurts.

Damn skippy I'm going out guns blazing, keeps it fun even knowing that I'm going down.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This is what I get for trusting you Abotkin?!

THIS IS WHAT I GET?~!?!?!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2008
    MagicMan wrote: »

Damn skippy I'm going out guns blazing, keeps it fun even knowing that I'm going down.

Someone needs to quote me, just to see what will happen. Results have been different both times previously, I'm curious to know what will happen this time. Pretty please?

I don't know what you're complaining about Grundl, I know you'll survive the attack. I only targeted you so that you wouldn't guard Mr. D.

(Nothing personal Mr. D, but you're the mouthpiece behind the downfall of the profanities, the least I can do is kill you to return the favor)

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2008
    Vote closed - game over, narration to follow shortly

Micro on
    edited December 2008
    Day 6 - and FINAL results

It had been coming for some time. It was obvious that somehow the profane had been betrayed.

abotkin, SHIT, was led to the Gallows. Well, they weren't gallows, per se. You can't hang a word. But they were a big huge super crazy pile of signed Godfather 3 scripts, all annotated by Sofia Coppola with the words: 'Aren't I brilliant', and a VERY long justification as to why she was the most important person out of ALL of the Godfather series. Frankly it was more important that they burned that the poor, remorseless SHIT.

But Shit burned, and with him went the last vestieges of hope of the profane. The big three had been destroyed, the rest of the profane were already dropping out of use. They were evaporating back into the ether.

MagicMan, motherfucker, had already reverted to 'Lawyer'
    The Dagon, cock, had changed back into 'Candle'
    Wildcat, ass, was back into 'Roller'

It was over for the profane.

And with them went the cathartic uses of swearing, of letting go of our rage. Fighting broke out on the streets, man hit man, dog raped woman, goat stole ass. It wasn't pretty. But at least naughty words were removed from our use, forever.

Of course abotkin left us his legacy. Whereas grundlterror again survived, Mr. Defecation, Dictionary, was found wited out. That's right. Gone. Dead.

abotkin - shit, voted out
    Mr Defecation - Dictionary, wited-out

As a last general point, as far as I can tell, Darian is an evil, evil man.

Also, Toxic Toys managed to kill himself. Which was hilarious. I'll tell you how tomorrow.

I'm knackered, really tired out, so will post full explanations of everything that was going on, and clarifications where needed in the morning.

Thanks everyone for playing - I know I've been a host whore, but have really enjoyed designing and hosting these more than actually playing the damn things - thanks again for making my job that much easier by putting up with me demanding retractions, etc. PMs and all sorts will be fully revealed tomorrow.

Micro on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I tried to win; it didn't work out for me. I blame Mr. D. shakes fist

On the bright side, though, it resulted in a quick game over rather than the slow grind that the bad words were planning for all of you after infiltrating the good group.

http://profanitiesanonymous.proboards.com/index.cgi

I don't think they ever bothered to put protection on the board; I was at least somewhat good, though, I didn't pass out the address for it.

Darian on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    damn you mr.D and your perfection ;-)

Egos on
    edited December 2008
    Good game guys!

Aye, don't feel bad Darian. I was the village Vig (Wite-out... though apparently the bad guys got wite-out kills too? What was up with that?), and after you died he demanded that I kill him for his not having trusted you. He felt really bad about it. In the end I didn't have to because he got killed by Abotkin, but he felt bad enough about it that he didn't want to win.

VThornheart on
    edited December 2008
    Also, it was very fun Micro! Sorry that I wasn't able to get as into it roleplaying-wise as last time. I've had an unfortunate run-in with an old flame (her name is Asheron's Call ;) ) and I had to get it worked out of my system over the course of this week. I think I'm mostly over it now... I may still play a little, but not to the point of severe distraction like this last week has been. Some games just invoke so much nostalgia for me that when someone mentions them, I get this OCD desire to play it again to exhaustion. =)

VThornheart on
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This game was very interesting. I liked the concept a lot. Can't believe I never got seered and I never got converted. Totally lame.

Locus on
    edited December 2008
    I would have had you been more suspicious.

Also I still feel bad for killing you Darian.

M.D. on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    VT, did he not pass on the target to you for some reason? I was really hoping I could pick up a game win with the village on the same day as being seered evil. That would have been fun.

For those of you following along at home: Conversion is overpowered in Phalla. So Micro decided to balance it thusly:
    1. Win condition for converts was NOT the normal evil win; their win was instead simply to survive. Converts were a neutral faction with regard to victory.
    2. Win condition for the good side was to eliminate the initial three bad words; converts didn't have to be killed.
    3. Win condition for the evil side was to equal or outnumber the other players. Converts count toward the total of bad words.

Ideal play for the bad guys would be to convert one day behind Mr. D's seering, grabbing each new vanillager the day after he clears them. This was facilitated by the public seering of The Dagon, who was an instant new network spokesman.

As an outed "bad" guy, though, I was put into a position where I could still win, but only if I could convince the village to get behind me and give me one day to prove myself. I gained Mr. D's trust by explaining the mechanics (and including information about his own actions and the good network which I should not have been able to know). Once he got me out of the vote, I passed on additional information confirming Law as the best vote target, and eventually with the bandwagon in full force I passed on the final target.

Then VT and/or Mr. D made the call to take me out anyway and wait until the next day to end the game.

Darian on
    edited December 2008
    It was me, I fell asleep and when I checked my pms it was a bit late

M.D. on