As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SMT Imagine] An actual new area: see Beezlebub for details.

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I just watched a video on youtube of a guy fighting Matador. Anyone know of more bosses from previous games in this?

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    SmashismSmashism Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I just signed up, because I am behind the times liek that.

Smashism on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Blackjack wrote: »
    If you're at the part where you NEED to cross that bridge, you should have, at least, the Wounded Cerberus.

I think Gilder just wants to try for kicks.

I still need to complete the first main quest and get a Leader Pixie, so I'll probably do that first.

Is there a prequisite level for them or something?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    As far as I can tell, as long as their level is the same or lower than yours (represented by a blue circle as opposed to red, I think) they're fair game.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My in-game name is Raida if anyone has any questions or needs help.

Adellios on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Huh, managed to fuse demons. Got an Erthys. Though, I need one more soul shard, and I've killed all the mobs in the dungeon. Wonder if I can buy it off someone.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Waiting for the game to install

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Welp, I guess it's time to buy a PC. Thanks a lot! >=O

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Okay, after some confusion, I think I can safely call Channel 5 the PA base of operations, unless majority prefers otherwise.

I finally figured out how conversation works. Wait for the talk action to recharge, then repeat.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Gah, fuck this game. The install won't load the consent.exe file, grrrrrr

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Leader Pixie pulls a guilt trip if you try to give her away. :( Is this the kind of thing that affects alignment?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I AM INSTALLIN' guys, you better be on to help me out!

I will be Azure_Horizon.

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ok Im in, I got Mastrius so thats good, and Cerberus on Channel 5 right? Thats what I chose so..

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    A bunch of us are gearing up to take on the second story quest, so feel free to join in.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    A bunch of us are gearing up to take on the second story quest, so feel free to join in.

I need to get out of all this stuff first, right now I just met Snakeman. Level 3 though ooohhh yeeaaah

mastrius on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    character Created, screenname Lanz :D

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I have already done that but am always up for grindings. Gimme a minute and I'll hop on.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited December 2008
    At what point can I join up with you guys and do things? I just finished the training from Snakeman and now hes telling me about getting a partner.

Edit: Oh Im thinking now I might be able to...

mastrius on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Right now we're at Coordinate 16/17, so feel free to join up. We can probably back you up while you level.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ok I just bought some armor and weapons so lemme figure out where Im goin here

Edit: Im so lost right now, I shouldve paid more attention to the dude but I was excited to get out and do things...hah, I will figure this out

mastrius on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    So I just saw a Cait Sith across a bridge. I dont know if I should risk fighting it...but it was there....

Edit: couldnt resist. shouldve listened to earlier instincts.

mastrius on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That was good team. I don't know how much I helped on the boss though, I couldn't see above him for damage. Also I have such weird lag where I'll press attack over and over but nothing happens. I think it might be because I can't run this at super optimal settings.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ugh, whatever. The game refuses to let me login. I'll try again tomorrow I guess (now I have to reinstall...)

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm Brandon in game. Yeah i know, real original. Anyhow game is kind of confusing so far...how do i capture the stupid pixie in act 1? I dont really get this, im awfull. Also is anyone else experiencing some SEVERE lag? Im rubber banding like mad with the lag. Also no widescreen support makes me sad.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, I got into the beta.

But my computer has been really messed messed up with spyware lately so I'm trying to not use the internet at all until I finish all of my homework.

I'll be playing in a week and a half.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Got my beta invite! WOO!! Now to install, and get all logged in and everything!

mrsnackroad on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm Brandon in game. Yeah i know, real original. Anyhow game is kind of confusing so far...how do i capture the stupid pixie in act 1? I dont really get this, im awfull. Also is anyone else experiencing some SEVERE lag? Im rubber banding like mad with the lag. Also no widescreen support makes me sad.

It took me a while to figure that out. Basically, whatever your conversation option of choice is(try Greeting), you have to use that on a demon instead of attack. Once they respond, select it again, then repeat. It takes three-four tries. They'll either leave, give you an item, attack you, or join.

And I got all kinds of lost along the way to the second quest. :| Maybe I'll figure it out later. It didn't involve the bridge of death, far as I could tell.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008

It took me a while to figure that out. Basically, whatever your conversation option of choice is(try Greeting), you have to use that on a demon instead of attack. Once they respond, select it again, then repeat. It takes three-four tries. They'll either leave, give you an item, attack you, or join.

And I got all kinds of lost along the way to the second quest. :| Maybe I'll figure it out later. It didn't involve the bridge of death, far as I could tell.
    Next time I see you on, I'll show you.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited December 2008
    how leveled are you guys so far?

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Getting a datafile mismatch error at the moment. :| (ImagineUpdate.exe)

And level 7, last I checked.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Gar kingGar king Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    where do the penny arcaders hang out, I usually don't play mmo's beacuse i have no one to play with but dammit I will enjoy this as much as possible

Gar king on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    zel999.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Channel 5. And yeah, Imagine's definitely a social experience. Just add any of the character names in the OP if you see us around and you can join up.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    DO NOT USE THE UPDATER
    Aeria wrote:
    We currently have a problem with our patcher. If you run the ImagineUpdate.exe file (or shortcut that the installer creates), it may corrupt your installation.

To play the game, just run ImagineClient.exe after a fresh installation.

You can reinstall MegaTen to fix this or follow the simple steps here to manually fix your installation:
    http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=218697

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Lanz wrote: »
    DO NOT USE THE UPDATER
    Aeria wrote:
    We currently have a problem with our patcher. If you run the ImagineUpdate.exe file (or shortcut that the installer creates), it may corrupt your installation.

To play the game, just run ImagineClient.exe after a fresh installation.

You can reinstall MegaTen to fix this or follow the simple steps here to manually fix your installation:
    http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=218697

As a computer moron does this mean instead of using the icon on the desk top, I should go into Program files and start up the game from there?

mrsnackroad on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    ^Right.

Yep, it works now. Just open the game folder and run the Client.exe file.

I didn't need a fresh installation, either(thankfully).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    More or less, yes.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Uh. Hm. Now its not recognizing my user name/password combination.

I had to change my password recently (because I forgot it) would that be holding me back?

mrsnackroad on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Did you ask them to reset it? Because it doesn't change until you click the link they send you.

If you actually changed it, then it might.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, I changed it.

I'm really bad with computers, so this will be... an experience, to be nice.

mrsnackroad on
  • Options
    Lightor216Lightor216 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I think I'm going to go for a guns/magic build. It might be interesting to try it out.

Lightor216 on